Oracle DB Server and Web Server with thai support

Hi, all

I have DB Server ( Sun Server act as Oracle 8i DB Server ).
and
I have Web Server ( Dell Server RHEL4 ES  act as Web Server  run
apache2 + php + Zendcore for oracle )

I want to use My Application run from Web Server to Connect  Oracle
Server .
and want to use  thai support of oracle.

What next i should to do more ?
::: config.   httpd.conf of apache2  of Web Server ?
::: config.   code of my PHP-application  ?
::: config.   Oracle DB Server ?
::: config.   RHEL4 Server ?

and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me.

Please me.
Thank you very much
Pratchaya

0
pratchaya (19)

On 19 Feb 2006 10:25:35 -0800, "Pratchaya" <pratchaya@banana.co.th>
wrote:

>and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me.
>
>Please me.

Please read the Oracle Globalization Manual, and don't ask people in
this forum to abstract the manual.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Once a week Kerberos failure between IIS6 web server and SQL Server 2000 db server
Hi, Regularly once a week we get problems with a Kerberos failure on ouintranet application. Kerberos is set up with Constrained Delegation and Protocol Transition. Configuration: S3 ...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??
MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button and do tell me your opinion. alene wrote: > MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also > know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the > database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of > Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution > capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and > penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link > http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button > and do tell me your opinion. Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer. A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer. That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer. And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such time as they kill your account. -- Daniel...

SqlSpec

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

How to migrate a 24X7 DB2 server to Oracle server ?
Hi ~!! Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? Thanks a lot !! cclemon cclemon wrote: > Hi ~!! > > Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? > or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? > > Thanks a lot !! > > cclemon Are you asking how you can have the DB2 server up and running and seemlessly migrate active transactions to Oracle? If so ... it isn't going to happen. Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed transactions. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Pah! Impossible. Some of their transactions NEVER terminate... -- Cheers Nuno Souto wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au.nospam "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077908166.220643@yasure... > Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new > transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last > DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed > transactions. Daniel Morgan <damorg...

Import Export between Oracle server and cache server
Hi .. Is there any tool / way to shift databases between Oracle database server and InterSystem's Cache database server. I need to export a database from oracle server to cache server with all tables with data, indexes etc. Any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanx ------ Pradeep Kumar Software Enginner ---------------------------------------------------------- What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right. ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Some people tell that at present, most web hosting servers support all kinds of programming language, some people tell me that many web hosting server don't support Java, What is the truth?
Is Java popular supported by web hosting servers? On Mon, 5 May 2008 19:33:37 -0700 (PDT), Erwin Moller <hi.steven.tu@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >Is Java popular supported by web hosting servers? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ispvendors.html -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products The Java Glossary http://mindprod.com Erwin Moller wrote: > Is Java popular supported by web hosting servers? We just started a Java web hosting service, address below. -- Dave Miller Strategic Services Group, Inc. http://www.cheap-jsp-hosting.com/ Dave Miller...

Can Oracle XML DB Repository and Oracle reside on different server.
Can we store XML DB Repository on different machine which will be trated as document server and Oracle on the seperate machine will access this repository using mapped drive path. ...

looking for notes on oracle 9ias server and report server
hi, I am a DBA. currently learning oracle 9ias . I have the documentation from oracle. But it is really lengthy. I am looking for notes from where I can get a brief over view of oracle 9ias and as a adminstrator what type of role I have to perform. any pointers towards this will be helpful. thanking in advance, regards Chennakeshava Ramesh (same as ramesh_jun24) Are you going to install, configure, develop, and support stuff in 9ias or just administer it after someone else does all the above? What kinds of apps will be running in your 9ias environment and where are they from? Are they java, forms, reports, plsql? Unfortunately the 9ias environment is not one that is easily approached at a minimalist level. The configuration is not as bad as it used to be but still can be quite involved. ...

Intermittent connection problems from web servers to DB server
we have several web servers, some win2K, some 2003 server, all running Oracle client 9.2.0.7, running against an Oracle 9.2.0.8 DB on Solaris. on a totally unpredictable basis, some of our web servers will refuse to talk to the DB server. The first call to the DB, which is a call to a stored proc, will fail with error Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14) [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-20004 and after a reset of the IIS everything works fine. At the same time other web servers are not impacted. All web servers have the same version of MDAC. On the DB server, I see no error in the alert file, or sqlnet log file on the web servers, I see no errors in sqlnet.log any ideas ? On Nov 3, 11:37 am, "Yoram Ayalon" <yoram.aya...@structuredweb.com> wrote: > we have several web servers, some win2K, some 2003 server, all running > Oracle client 9.2.0.7, running against an Oracle 9.2.0.8 DB on Solaris. > > on a totally unpredictable basis, some of our web servers will refuse > to talk to the DB server. The first call to the DB, which is a call to > a stored proc, will fail with error > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14) > [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-20004 > > and after a reset of the IIS everything works fine. At the same time > other web servers are not impacted. All web servers have the same > version of MDAC. > > On the DB server, I see no er...

Oracle databases on a server

Performance over the web
Hi, We have several applications which access the oracle DB and issue queries. Usually these applications are very close to the database (over LAN). However some of them are going off-shore and will communicate with the DB server over WAN. Are there any commercial products that accelerate the communication with the Oracle DB? (Of course replicating the database is an option, but I would want to move away from it). Thanks, Ilan On 21.08.2011 11:00, Ilan Shiber wrote: > We have several applications which access the oracle DB and issue > queries. Usually these applications are very close to the database > (over LAN). However some of them are going off-shore and will > communicate with the DB server over WAN. Are there any commercial > products that accelerate the communication with the Oracle DB? Depending on access patterns Oracle's Times Ten might help: http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/in-memory-database-cache-066510.html But: changing from LAN to WAN access is an architectural change. The most appropriate solution to this would be to change application architecture in a way to honor this fact. This typically means, breaking up parts of your application into a client and server component which communicate with a protocol that is adjusted to the nature of WAN communication: - higher latency - lower throughput - insecurity You might also need to introduce local caching of data which rarely changes. Since you have knowledge of ...

JDBC URL for Oracle Database With Failover (2 db servers)
Ok, The DB URL typically looks like... jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOSTNAME:1521:SID But what if my database has failover and there's actually 2 hosts that I could have? SAMPLEDB.world= (Description= (failover=on) (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=server001)(port=1521)) (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=server002)(port=1521)) (Connect_data=(service_name=SAMPLEDB)(failover_mode=(type=select)(method=basic)))) Would I have to just specify 1 of the hosts? Or is there some other way to have it use the TNS names installed on the client and have that take care if it? Thanks. of cource you there is!!! 2.3.3 Formulating a Database URL After you've loaded the driver, you can establish a connection using the DriverManager.getConnection( ) method. This method is overloaded and therefore has various forms. However, each form requires a database URL. A database URL is an address that points to your database. Formulating a database URL is where most of the problems associated with establishing a connection occur. For Oracle, the database URL has the following general form: jdbc:oracle:driver:@database database ::= {host:port:sid | net_service_name | connect_descriptor} which breaks down as: driver Specifies the type of JDBC driver to use for the connection. The following choices are available: oci7 For the Oracle 7.3.4 OCI driver oci8 For an Oracle 8.x.x OCI driver oci For an Oracle 9.x.x OCI driver thin For the Oracle Thin driver...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Web resources about - Oracle DB Server and Web Server with thai support - comp.databases.oracle.server

Help:Multilingual support (Indic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... illustrate the native representation of names, places, quotes and literature. Unicode is the encoding used on Wikipedia and it contains support ...

Rider killed in MotoGP support race
DOHA: MotoGP's season-opening round in Qatar was overshadowed on Friday by the death of a Tunisian rider who crashed in a support series race. ...

Support for Colin Barnett takes a hit
Support for Premier Colin Barnett has taken a hit, with Labor leading the Coalition by 12 percentage points.

Microsoft Extends Skylake Support On Windows 7 And Windows 8.1
Back in January, Microsoft made a rather surprising announcement that it was changing the support model for older operating systems running on ...

Skylake support on Windows 7 and 8.1 given a one year extension
Microsoft announced earlier this year that support for Skylake processors in Windows 7 and 8.1 would be quite limited: compatibility, reliability, ...

Want the best customer support? Use Facebook
Facebook is the number one channel for people looking to get answers from retailers’ customer service in the UK, a new study shows. According ...

Trump and Cruz Delegates in Tennessee To Form Grassroots Alliance, Pledge Support for Anti-Establishment ...
Trump and Cruz Delegates in Tennessee To Form Grassroots Alliance, Pledge Support for Anti-Establishment Candidate

Tendril Releasing New Suite Of Industry-Focused Marketing Solutions To Support Distributed Energy Generation ...
... Marketing” solutions utilize “advanced energy data [&hellip Tendril Releasing New Suite Of Industry-Focused Marketing Solutions To Support ...

Exit poll: Clinton wins 4 with strong black support
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump claimed Florida, the biggest delegate haul of Tuesday night's five Republican primary elections, by sweeping nearly ...

Microsoft backtracks on Windows 7 support deadline
Microsoft today retreated from an earlier retirement date for Windows 7 and 8.1 support on newer hardware, saying that it would now support those ...