Oracle Lite 10i / Windows CE 4.2.NET / ADO.NET

Hi,

is it possible to install Oracle Lite as a standalone server on Windows
CE.NET 4.2
with an automatically install procedure from ocj4?

I want to use Ora lite (10i) with the .NET Compact Framework 1.1 / ADO.NET
on a Windows CE.NET 4.2 mobile device.

thanks a lot
regards thorsten

Oracle Lite / Windows CE.NET 4.2 (PPC2003/ARM) / ADO.NET
Hi, is it possible to install Oracle Lite as a standalone server on Windows CE.NET 4.2 with an automatically install procedure from ocj4? I want to use Ora lite (10i) with the .NET Compact Framework 1.1 / ADO.NET on a Windows CE.NET 4.2 mobile device. thanks a lot regards thorsten ...

migration to CE .net 4.2 (Windows CE) or Windows Mobile 2003 from Windows CE 3.0
I have an application developed under Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (Edition 2002) that ran under Windows CE 3.0. When trying to run that application under .net 4.2 I'm getting an error such that "Cannot find extension file Forms Data. Please run setup to restore this file". Am I totally out of luck under CE .net 4.2 here and should better switch to Windows Mobile 2003? The vendor of the PDA offer the hardware with two OS options, .Net 4.2 or Windows mobile 2003. Is Windows mobile 2003 the successor of Windows CE 3.0 or is it a totally different animal? I'm a bit lost at the ...

Issues with Uniface upgrade v.7.2.06 to v.8.4.04 (Windows XP, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL* Net)
Hi, We are currently trying to upgrade from Uniface 7.2.06 to 8.4.04. Windows XP, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL* Net I did the following so far. Installed the Uniface Version 8.4.04 with SOLID on my local pc (Windows XP Prof) I was able to start the application and the IDF enviroment was able to view. Since we are using Oracle 8.1.7 as our database, I created the new schema with required permissions. I crated the repository in Oracle (SID DEV1) by running the sql scripts from the installation folder C:\Program Files\Compuware\Uniface\sql\ora4*.sql Modified the Asssingment fi...

Oracl Lite 10g and ADO.NET problem :(
Hi I installed oracl lite 10g and I wanted run sample code for ADO.NET but they wrote in HELP that I should make references Oracl.DataAccess.Lite , but I have only Oracl.DataAccess.Lite_w32.dll and Oracl.DataAccess.Lite_wce.dll , when I add one of them to reference nothing happend. They wrote that it should be something like that "using System.data.IDBConnection" but this doesnt work :(. What should I do to Add corectly this references?? Sorry for me english, I'm from Poland ;) -- Pozdrawiam biela / www.biela.prv.pl ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

PHP 5.0.4 cannot use Oracle*Net on 10.2
My database is on Linux, FC3. I know it isn't supported, I am not asking for support, I am just reporting a problem. This is the error that I'm receiving: Exception:oci8 error: [12154: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154 ] in CONNECT(local, 'SYSTEM', '****', ) Apache processes are failing like crazy: [Thu Jul 07 22:25:15 2005] [notice] child pid 23090 exit signal Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Jul 07 22:25:16 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/apache/htdocs/favicon.ico [Thu Jul 07 22:25:23 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Fi...

Building ACE for windows CE.net 4.2 by EVC4.0 SP2
ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS XP SP2 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: WINDOWS CE.net 4.2 X86 custom SDK COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): EVC 4.0 SP2 DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? NO CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #include "ace/config-Win32.h" SYNOPSIS: There is some problem when I build ACE with EVC4.1, such as --------------------Configuration: ACE - Win32 (WCE x86) Debug-------------------- Compiling... ACE.cpp ...\ace/Time_Value.h(56) : error C2526: '+' : C li...

difference between Windows CE .Net 4.2 (SmartPhone) and Pocket PC 2003
Hi, What is the difference between Windows CE .Net 4.2 (SmartPhone) and Pocket PC 2003? Thanks Deepabh On a very high level Windows CE.NET 4.2 is an operating system. Smartphone 2003 and PocketPC 2003 are devices that run the Windows CE.NET 4.2 operating system. Each have their own specific additional enhancements in the form of API's. Take a look at this article for some background on different Windows CE devices: http://www.windowsfordevices.com/articles/AT5612706156.html. This FAQ gives amongst others an overview of the different development tools for each of the devices: http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/devmobfaq.asp. -- Regards, Maarten Struys, eMVP PTS Software bv "Deepabh Telang" <tdeepabh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6a5596da.0312010603.311e4882@posting.google.com... > Hi, > What is the difference between Windows CE .Net 4.2 (SmartPhone) and Pocket PC 2003? > > Thanks > > Deepabh ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Copying Oracle 10.2.0.4 Database to 11.2
Hi, We have an SAP system (ECC6.0) running on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 5.9 in, say, servera. We are looking to copy it, and rename its Oracle SID, to a Solaris 5.10 server (serverb) running Oracle 11.2. The tentative plan is as follows: (i) Install SAP/Oracle 11.2 on serverb. (ii) Copy a cold backup of the servera database from tapes to serverb. (iii) Rename the database to the new SID using "Create controlfile set database....". (iv) Run the SAP tool that upgrades Oracle to 11.2 so that the database is upgraded (Skip the part that install the Oracle binaries). SAP documentation indicates that this step works. My question is on step #(iii). On 11.2, will the "Create controlfile" command work if the database is 10g? Thanks, QZ In article <2e5d62d9-0155-4ab2-9c55-dff6c8ecc0f2@k3g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>, if_investor@yahoo.com <basis_consultant@hotmail.com> wrote: >We have an SAP system (ECC6.0) running on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris >5.9 in, say, servera. > >We are looking to copy it, and rename its Oracle SID, to a Solaris >5.10 server (serverb) >running Oracle 11.2. Why rename the SID? >The tentative plan is as follows: > >(i) Install SAP/Oracle 11.2 on serverb. >(ii) Copy a cold backup of the servera database from tapes to serverb. >(iii) Rename the database to the new SID using "Create controlfile set >database....". >(iv) Run the SAP tool that upgrades Oracle to 11.2 so that th...

Oracle or SQL Server with .NET
Hi, I need to choose between Oracle and SQL Server. The scenario is as follows: 1. Real time / near real time performance expected. 2. Around 15 million records. 3. Data access is using ADO .NET. 4. Deployment is on Windows 2003 Server. 5. People (developers/designers) are more comfortable with SQL Server. Regards Harsh On 15 Jun 2005 04:17:58 -0700, "Harsh Thakur" <harsh.thakur@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I need to choose between Oracle and SQL Server. >The scenario is as follows: > >1. Real time / near real time performance expected...

Windows CE .NET & Visual Studio .NET
Hi Everybody, Do anybody know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET separately in an Windows CE .NET environment or not? Is Visual Studio ..NET IDE is already in the Windows CE .NET OS ? Regards Dev dev <xzidax@india.com> wrote: > Hi Everybody, > Do anybody know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET > separately in an Windows CE .NET environment or not? No. It's not even possible to do that if you try. VS.NET has to be run on "real" Windows, not on CE. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burn...

Windows CE .NET & Visual Studio .NET
Hi, Do anybody know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET separately in an Windows CE .NET environment or not? Is Visual Studio ..NET IDE is already in the Windows CE .NET OS ? Regards Dev Hi Dev, my experience with WCE 4.2 says that : WCE 4.2 comes with integrated Platform Builder (you build the image for your target device, adding features and components) and Embedded Visual C++ ( to create applications in unmanaged code using MFC,WTL,etc...)in a separate CD. On the other side, on Visual Studio.NET you can create, debug and download also managed code applications (C#, Framework,...) to your device. I hope this can help you Regards Diego On 25 Jun 2005 04:00:13 -0700, "dev" <xzidax@india.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do anybody know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET >separately in an Windows CE .NET environment or not? Is Visual Studio >.NET IDE is already in the Windows CE .NET OS ? I use Visual Studio only for building _desktop_ applications (I use eVC for mobile apps), so I don't know quite enough to answer your questions fully. But I'll at least try. The Windows CE operating system is for mobile devices. Visual Studio runs on desktops. So _no_ part of Visual Studio runs under Windows CE. Some versions of Visual Studio 2003 will let folks use .NET languages (C# and VB) to develop applications that run with the CF (Compact Framework) under Windows CE. The next/newest version of Visual Studio (2005?) will support...

8.2.2. Windows "net stop db2-0" with activated databases does not work
This lookup the service controller, because db2 8.2.2 does not force connections at "net stop" command . -Zahni zahni31@gmx.de wrote: > This lookup the service controller, because db2 8.2.2 does not force > connections at "net stop" command . Actually, it doesn't lock up, but it takes a long time to come back. With DPF, the database manager config parameter START_STOP_TIME will control how long DB2 will wait for a db2start/db2stop to complete. (This allows you to control how long DB2 will wait for the remote partitions to actually complete the s...

Oracle 10g.2 and CLR/.NET
Hello there, From what I read, I thought that Oracle 10g, release 2 on Windows should be supporting CLR/.NET procedures and so on. However, I cannot find anything related to this in the documentation. Was I mistaken? -- With regards, Martijn Tonies Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL Server Upscene Productions http://www.upscene.com Database development questions? Check the forum! http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com Hi Martijn. I think you are after book B14307-01. The following URL is a good starting point. http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/db102.show_toc?which=main&partno=b14307&maxlevel=2&section=&expand=109982 Regards Mike Martijn Tonies wrote: > Hello there, > > From what I read, I thought that Oracle 10g, release 2 on Windows > should be supporting CLR/.NET procedures and so on. > > However, I cannot find anything related to this in the documentation. > > Was I mistaken? > > -- > With regards, > > Martijn Tonies > Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL > Server > Upscene Productions > http://www.upscene.com > Database development questions? Check the forum! > http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com Hello Michael, > Hi Martijn. I think you are after book B14307-01. The following URL is > a good starting point. > > http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/db102.show_toc?which=main&partno=b14307...

Updating oracle net files #2
What is the best or better still easiest way to update connectivity files in oracle. This may look the " no question " questions but if the answers were obvious to me I will not be asking. Sat through 1.5 ldap sessions and the presenters at the end of the day both said this is a great tool and at the same time warned that if they did not have hundreds of servers they will not be using ldap because of complexity and difficulty of implementation. In my case files are manually updated ftp ed all over the place .Is there a better way to do this that will be managed by Oracle tools .I am sure there are easier and better ways even with the built in tools For the time being I would prefer and easy dependable straight forward method prior to setting up something better..If you also do not mind to give some details that will be appreciated even more Thanks for your input .. Massa ...

.net or not .net
Hi all I not read the group for a week ot two and i get back and suddenly there are lots of .net related messages posted. I have questions...... 1. Can someone please explain to me exactly what .net consists of and how it effects application developement. talk of .net has been around for a long time, firstlt linked with microsoft wanting application users to rent software over the internet and pay per use, but that was a long time ago. 2. Where can i learn about .net, i haven't got my head aroun COM and interaces, etc yet! Thanks all Vertuas Vertuas...

Oracle with .NET
Hi All Is there a link or example code that would allow me to insert/read BLOB data from Oracle Database (10g) in .NET? I do not want to use PL/SQL Anonym Block. I want to use only SQL statements. Thank you in advance for the help. Scotty. "Scott" <sivaraman55@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129174264.040191.244490@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi All > > Is there a link or example code that would allow me to insert/read > BLOB data from Oracle Database (10g) in .NET? > I do not want to use PL/SQL Anonym Block. I want to use only SQL > statements. > > Thank you in advance for the help. > > Scotty. > Have you looked at the examples that probably reside on your hard drive under where you installed Oracle Client? Have you even googled it? I did and the very first link was to Oracle's own web site. You need to demonstrate some effort on your part. Jim Thank you Jim. In fact I tried and used Oracle PL/SQL Block, but I do not want to use it. I will try the example that gets installed. Do you know any link or article, which I might have missed during my search. Thank you again. ...

Web resources about - Oracle Lite 10i / Windows CE 4.2.NET / ADO.NET - comp.databases.oracle.server

The Windows Blog

Microsoft Extends Skylake Support On Windows 7 And Windows 8.1
... As part of the announcement, going forward, the latest processors and chipsets would only be supported on the current version of Windows. As ...

Skylake support on Windows 7 and 8.1 given a one year extension
Microsoft announced earlier this year that support for Skylake processors in Windows 7 and 8.1 would be quite limited: compatibility, reliability, ...

Check Windows and Firefox for rogue root certificates with RCC
Root certificates are a cornerstone of web security, a vital element in ensuring the sites you visit are who they claim to be. Windows ships ...

Microsoft is trying to change Windows software forever — here’s why it’ll be a tough fight
One of Satya Nadella's biggest initiatives is also his riskiest: The Universal Windows Platform, or UWP , a new way for Microsoft developers ...

Xbox One will run Windows 10 apps starting this summer
The Xbox Store and the Windows Store will also be merged as Microsoft tries to rev up demand for both Windows 10 and the Xbox One.

Windows 10's Edge browser finally gets add-ons
Microsoft yesterday updated its Windows 10 preview, adding support for extensions to the default Edge browser, finally fulfilling a promise it ...

Microsoft Begins Windows 10 Rollout for Windows Phone 8.1
Many, but not all, owners of older Windows smartphones can finally upgrade their handsets.