Oracle newbie - Using LDAP to access an existing Oracle Database

Appologies if this is a stupid question?

Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e
access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a
secondary means of access

Not certain what you mean there.  Do you mean that login information
retained in the Internet Directory store would be retrieved by some
application which would then connect to the target database with it?
Definitely can be done.  That's what it's for, among other things.
Oracle has created products that do just this very thing.  Some Oracle
options depend on it.  The Internet Directory does not itself connect to
the target database, only to its back end database so far as I know.  It
simply answers requests from LDAP clients.

HTH

td

brian white wrote:
> Appologies if this is a stupid question?
>

> Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e
> access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a
> secondary means of access
0
tonydare (21)