Oracle passwords: SYS and SYSTEM rainbow tables for sale! $1/combination

http://www.petefinnigan.com/weblog/archives/00000602.htm wrote:

"10/27/2005: "Josh has released a paper about the Oracle password
algorithm"

 I saw a few days ago that Josh was going to give a presentation about
the Oracle password algorithm at the LA SANS conference that is going
on this week. A news item by Ken Young titled "SANS reveals Oracle
hack" talks about the paper and presentation. The paper is titled "An
assessment of the Oracle password hashing algorithm" and it discusses
various things about the hashing of usernames and passwords in Oracle.
Some of this information has been known for some years by quite a few
researchers and Oracle watchers but most likely not by everyone. For
example the fact that usernames and passwords are contatenated. I wrote
about this a few years ago. Also that the ASCII characters are not case
sensitive, again I covered this years ago. The algorithm has been
public for 12 years on a newsnet posting by its creator Bob Baldwin and
Josh has now enhanced this description to cover the details revealed on
comp.databases.oracle.server a couple of months ago and reported here.
Josh talks about how the hashes can be found and also some ideas on
protecting the passwords.

The new information is Josh's excellent example of using rainbow tables
to crack Oracle passwords. This is a technique where huge numbers of
passwords are hashed before hand and stored in files as rainbow tables.
Josh shows how an 8 character password can be found in just over 4
minutes.

This is a good technique to find longer passwords that could be much
harder to crack with brute force crackers such as orabf but there are
also considerations to be made with this technique. The rainbow tables
take some time to create and they are created for just one database
user. So whilst setting it up to crack say SYS or SYSTEM will give
access as anyone in the database its not a universal solution to crack
any password for any user as you would need to create tables for all
users but that would not be necessary if the SYS or SYSTEM hashes are
available. That said it makes it more critical to not reveal any
password hashes to anyone. If a hash for another user is revealed where
no rainbow tables are available then its debatable whether a brute
force crack or creation of rainbow tables is faster.

This is a good paper that summarises the issues but the new idea is to
use rainbow tables. I have known about this for some time as Josh sent
me a copy of the paper for review and a copy of the tables a few months
ago on DVD, thanks Josh! Also i am aware of others who are actively
creating tables for all the default users and have been doing so for
quite a long time."

combinations for sale for $1:

12 character passwords for both SYS nd SYSTEM

Crack Oracle "system" password in mere minutes - winrtgen generated rainbow tables for free - 625MB*100 of system password hashes - 100% success rate
The title says it all! Email for details. How about this for a title, Go Away, You are NOT wanted here?? <daoudamjad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185641889.563541.321510@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The title says it all! Email for details. > daoudamjad@gmail.com wrote: > The title says it all! Email for details. The title doesn't say spammer. The title doesn't say you were fired by Oracle. The title doesn't say your mother weeps every time she hears your name. Nor does it say that you are running a scam and you couldn't crack an egg. -- Daniel A. Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org On Jul 28, 7:59 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote: > daoudam...@gmail.com wrote: > > The title says it all! Email for details. > > The title doesn't say spammer. > The title doesn't say you were fired by Oracle. > The title doesn't say your mother weeps every time she hears your name. > > Nor does it say that you are running a scam and you couldn't crack an egg. > -- > Daniel A. Morgan > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org Why don't you forward this and his other posts to Oracle's legal department? That will probably be sufficient to get him out of business completely. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA sybrandb wrote: > On Jul 28, 7:59 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote: >> daoudam...@gmail.com wrote: >>> The title...

Rainbow Tables for CAIN: Crack Oracle system password for 99 cents
Email or Call for a live demo badegg@gmail.com wrote: > Email or Call for a live demo > Anyone calling this troll should disconnect their computer from the internet and seal it in plastic before doing so. What's wrong omlet? Why can't crack the Oracle password hash I sent you? It is straight out of the database running on my laptop. -- Daniel A. Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Integrating Sun Java System Access Manager 6.1 with Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1: A Case Study
Here's an excellent example that demonstrates how to enable Single Sign-On by integrating an application server with Access Manager 6.1. Detailed are installation, deployment, and verification procedures, as well as troubleshooting tips. http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/identserver/reference/techart/oracle9ias.html?ssobm=ng ...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

username and password on Oracle connection string (jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase)
Hi, Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? The plain version of an Oracle connection string is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the prorper syntax? Thanks for your help. Wolfgang. Wolfgang wrote: > > Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? > The plain version of an Oracle connection string is > jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase > > If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the > p...

username and password on Oracle connection string (jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase)
Hi, Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? The plain version of an Oracle connection string is username and password on Oracle connection string jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the prorper syntax? Thanks for your help. Wolfgang. "Wolfgang" <Mott@nospam.UNM.edu> wrote in message news:3f8330a6.24586984@nntp.ucsb.edu... > Hi, > > Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? > The plain version of an Oracle connection string is username and > password on Oracle connection string > jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase > > If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the > prorper syntax? Try to use: jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@host:Port:dataBase > > Thanks for your help. > > Wolfgang. -- WBR, Andrey Vakhnin Try: DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@" + dbmsHost + ":" + dbmsPortNumber + ":" + dbmsName, userName, passWord); Frank. "Wolfgang" <Mott@nospam.UNM.edu> wrote in message news:3f8330a6.24586984@nntp.ucsb.edu... > Hi, > > Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? > The plain version of an Oracle connection string is username and > password on Oracle connection string > jdbc:oracle:thin:@hos...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Updating Oracle database from SQL Server as linked table
I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be able to use the following query: UPDATE server..user.table SET OraField1 = 'I' WHERE OraField1 = 'A' AND OraField2 IN ( SELECT SQLfield2 FROM SQLTable WHERE SQLField1 = 1 ) However, when I do this, I get an error saying that the field "was reported to have a DBTYPE of 130 at compile time and 5 at run time". This appears to mean that there's a field on the Oracle side that was defined as Number without any precision information. How can I rewrite this query to actually work? OpenQuery doesn't seem like it will do what I want, and I don't want to accidentally inactivate everyone in the database... Thanks! "Garrett Fitzgerald" <SarekOfVulcan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cefcd14e-1ffa-4c85-9fa3-6dab448fc3c4@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts > live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who > haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL > Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be > able to use the followi...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger ...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table #2
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger Roger wrote: > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. > How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? > I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to > db2 on the mainframe. You need to look at Websphere Information Integrator along with the relational wrappers for MS SQL server and Oracle. Ian, its a canned CRM application that currently connects to DB2. I cannot run the app on Websphere. A few years could use relational connect and create federated nickname on db2. Can I still do that ? TIA On Apr 27, 6:01 pm, Ian <ianb...@mobileaudio.com> wrote: > Roger wrote: > > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. > > How can I accomplish this ? Do i n...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Exciting Oracle News :: Oracle DB Worm Code Published :: Oracle Passwords Crack in Mere Minutes
Exciting Oracle News Oracle DB Worm Code Published http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1880682,00.asp?kc=ewnws110205dtx1k0000599 Researcher: Oracle Passwords Crack in Mere Minutes http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1878883,00.asp ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Web resources about - Oracle passwords: SYS and SYSTEM rainbow tables for sale! $1/combination - comp.databases.oracle.server

Combination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a combination is a way of selecting items from a collection, such that (unlike permutations ) the order of selection does not ...

Combination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a combination is a way of selecting members from a grouping, such that (unlike permutations ) the order of selection does not ...

Facebook Customer-Care Combination: Lithium Technologies Acquires Social Dynamx
Consolidation hit the social customer-care sector Tuesday, as Lithium Technologies announced that it acquired Social Dynamx and rebranded their ...

177147 3x3 4x4 5x5 6x6 - A Challenging Combination Of 2048 and Threes! on the App Store on iTunes
Get 177147 3x3 4x4 5x5 6x6 - A Challenging Combination Of 2048 and Threes! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Driving and cell phone use a bad combination - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's time to seriously enforce DC's law against using a non-handsfree cellphone while driving. The law is broken all the time. (A company, like ...

GH4 + Speedbooster + Sigma 18-35 [The ultimate combination]? - YouTube
Is this the ultimate combination for indie movie-making? The Panasonic GH4 records 4k, the Speedbooster “expands” your sensor and give your more ...

Pedestrians and smartphones a bad combination in UAE - The National
Educational campaigns are needed to raise awareness about the risk of injuries due to pedestrians' use of mobile phones or electronic devices ...

The toxic combination turning investors off Australia
Australia has been a successful yield play for international investors in recent years, but now the world is turning its back on the lucky country. ...

Greg Alexander calls on Canberra Raiders to find new halves combination
Former premiership-winning halfback Greg Alexander says the Raiders must ditch their halves combination of Terry Campese and Jack Wighton if ...

Social media and surgery apps a dangerous combination for the selfie generation - The Courier-Mail Search ...
FEARS are rising that the selfie generation will turn into the plastic generation.