Oracle RAC 10g_r2: Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant - FAILED

Hi All:

I am setting up a ORACLE 10g_r2 RAC solution.

Environment Details:
- 2 IBM x335 series
- CentOs 4.2
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 X 36 GB SCSI
- Intel Xeon 3.066 GHz

I am stuck on the configuration of the Oracle Clusterware
Configuration.  I have double checked all of my steps and have retried
this installer 3 times to ensure that I didn't miss anything.  I am
hoping that by posting this question it will perhaps receive some
traction from people working on this.

The error:

When the Oracle Clusterware Configuration Wizard is at its final stages
I get the following error:

<snippet>
Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Notification
Server Configuration Assistant":
Command = /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/racgons
add_config orac1:6200  orac2:6200

Configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration
Assistant" failed
The
"/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands"
script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were
cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants
outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with
passwords (if any) before executing the same.
</snippet>

I opened
/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands
and notice the following:

<snippet>
# Copyright (c) 1999, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/racgons add_config
orac1:6200  orac2:6200
/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/oifcfg setif -global
eth0/172.17.4.0:public eth1/172.17.20.0:cluster_interconnect
/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/cluvfy stage -post
crsinst -n orac1,orac2
</snippet>

I did what the error details told me to do, i tried to run the commands
from the commandline as the oracle user and each produced the following
output:

$ /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/racgons add_config
orac1:6200  orac2:6200
-- nothing

$ /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/oifcfg setif -global
eth0/172.17.4.0:public
-- PRIF-10: failed to initialize the cluster registry

$ /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/cluvfy stage -post
crsinst -n orac1,orac2
-- Performing post-checks for cluster services setup

Checking node reachability...
Node reachability check passed from node "orac1".

Checking user equivalence...
User equivalence check passed for user "oracle".

Checking Cluster manager integrity...

Checking CSS daemon...
Daemon status check failed for "CSS daemon".
Check failed on nodes:
        orac2

Cluster manager integrity check failed.

Checking cluster integrity...

Cluster integrity check passed

Checking OCR integrity...

Checking the absence of a non-clustered configuration...
All nodes free of non-clustered, local-only configurations.

Uniqueness check for OCR device passed.

Checking the version of OCR...
OCR of correct Version "2" exists.

Checking data integrity of OCR...
Data integrity check for OCR passed.

OCR integrity check passed.

Checking CRS integrity...

Checking daemon liveness...
Liveness check failed for "CRS daemon".
Check failed on nodes:
        orac2

Checking daemon liveness...
Liveness check failed for "CSS daemon".
Check failed on nodes:
        orac2

Checking daemon liveness...
Liveness check failed for "EVM daemon".
Check failed on nodes:
        orac2

Checking CRS health...
CRS health check failed.
Check failed on nodes:
        orac1

CRS integrity check failed.

Post-check for cluster services setup was unsuccessful on all the
nodes.

-------

At this point I am not sure where to start looking to find what might
be causing this error.  Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Rgds,

0
oviney (13)

I resolved this see ora forums for further details

0
oviney (13)

You wrote that you had resolved this problem and put it in some forum.
Can you please be more specific about which forum? I have exactly the
same problem and I need to resolve it.

Cheers
Goran Svensson

goran.g.svensson@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You wrote that you had resolved this problem and put it in some forum.
> Can you please be more specific about which forum? I have exactly the
> same problem and I need to resolve it.
>
> Cheers
> Goran Svensson

RAC clusters almost never fail because of anything in the Oracle
software, which is part of why learning RAC in an Oracle Corp. class
is often a waste of time.

What hardware platform and operating system?
What NIC cards? Have you verified they will support RAC?
What storage solution? Have you verified it will support RAC?
How have you configured NIC and VIP addresses?
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org
On 2006-03-15, DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote:
> goran.g.svensson@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You wrote that you had resolved this problem and put it in some forum.
>> Can you please be more specific about which forum? I have exactly the
>> same problem and I need to resolve it.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Goran Svensson
>
> RAC clusters almost never fail because of anything in the Oracle
> software, which is part of why learning RAC in an Oracle Corp. class
> is often a waste of time.
>
> What hardware platform and operating system?
> What NIC cards? Have you verified they will support RAC?
> What storage solution? Have you verified it will support RAC?
> How have you configured NIC and VIP addresses?

	As I've commented on before...

	3 of 4 of these concerns simply go away with a larger SMP server.

--
      If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing          |||

                http://www.usenet.com
0
jedi (14754)
3/15/2006 7:39:42 PM
JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2006-03-15, DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote:
>> goran.g.svensson@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You wrote that you had resolved this problem and put it in some forum.
>>> Can you please be more specific about which forum? I have exactly the
>>> same problem and I need to resolve it.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Goran Svensson
>> RAC clusters almost never fail because of anything in the Oracle
>> software, which is part of why learning RAC in an Oracle Corp. class
>> is often a waste of time.
>>
>> What hardware platform and operating system?
>> What NIC cards? Have you verified they will support RAC?
>> What storage solution? Have you verified it will support RAC?
>> How have you configured NIC and VIP addresses?
>
> 	As I've commented on before...
>
> 	3 of 4 of these concerns simply go away with a larger SMP server.

<SARCASM>
Well getting the right NIC cards has always been a major show-stopper
for me so I can see the value value in eliminating that issue.

Using ASM with RAW devices is recommended practice for Oracle so knowing
that this is no different is a huge relief to me too.

But the big savings, of course, is not having to configure those nasty
VIPs. That often takes one to two minutes per month.

And who needs failover anyway? Failover is for sissies!
</SARCASM>
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org

How to configure application server to connect to a two-node oracle RAC database
We have a java based application which will access the two node RAC database via the Orion Application Server. What should be done so that the Orion Application Server uses both the nodes to make connections? Right now the orion application server accesses the RAC database via the jdbc thin client where you have to specify the ip address of the database server and the listerner port and the instance name. If I do it this way then the application server just connects to the particular instance that I give it. Thanks Can you use the OCI driver? Regards, Steve I can use the OCI driver if it serves the purpose. Could you elaborate a bit more on how to configure it and where to do it? Thanks, Utpal The OCI driver uses the Oracle network configuration file (tnsnames.ora) on the client (application server, in this case) for connectivity definitions. This is where you can configure load balancing and failover options. An example is below... YOUR_DB_NAME = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node1)(PORT = 2484)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node2)(PORT = 2484)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = your_service_name) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES = 90) (DELAY = 5) ) ) ) Read up on the docs at tahiti.oracle.com, as they go into great detail as to the different configuration options. Regards, Steve ...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Configure Oracle Lite Mobile Server for synchronizing between WinCE PDAs and Oracle Entreprise ?
Hi all I actually work the following architecture [Oracle Lite WinCE/WinXP] --- [Oracle Mobile Server/Win2K] --- [Oracle EE/Win2K] I need to know : - What must be configured on Mobile Server ? How to make a connection between Mobile Server and Oracle EE ? I have existing tables on Oracle EE, so can I synchronize directly to existing tables or must I create a replication on the same tables on Oracle EE specifically for the mobile clients ? - Where to find Oracle Lite client files for WinCE? And for WinXP? There are so many directories in Oracle Lite 9i that I don't know where to find the files specifically for our mobile clients ? Thank you ...

ORACLE RAC and ORACLE Standby
Hi, Please, could someone tell me, or maybe, indicate me some technical article discussing the differences between the ORACLE Standby and ORACLE Real Application Cluster, in terms of technical features. I also search for some technical comparison on how to chose one or another to best fit our needs. Thanks in advance! Best Regards Gabriel Gabriel, In general terms, standby is better for disaster recovery and RAC is more useful for high-availability and load balancing. Both configuration provide an ability to write a cold database server backup with taking any downtime on your primary database instance. The standby database provides a local or off-site recovery instance. All database activity (DDL, DML) takes place on the primary instance. Archived redo logs are transmitted from the primary instance to the standby instance and applied to the standby instance to replicate the primary database updates. Although the connection between the two instances should be fast enough to support timely transmission of the log files, the functionality of the primary instance is not affected by a slow connection to the standby. A time delay on the redo log application to the standby database can provide a good "opps" cover for the primary (similar capabilities are also provided by flashback and logminer, depending on your oracle version). If the standby instance is not open for querying, no additional licensing is required - the primary instance licensing covers both sinc...

Oracle databases on a server

SqlSpec

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??
MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button and do tell me your opinion. alene wrote: > MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also > know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the > database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of > Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution > capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and > penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link > http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button > and do tell me your opinion. Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer. A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer. That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer. And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such time as they kill your account. -- Daniel...

Can Oracle XML DB Repository and Oracle reside on different server.
Can we store XML DB Repository on different machine which will be trated as document server and Oracle on the seperate machine will access this repository using mapped drive path. ...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

Help! ORA-01036 / Oracle 9ir2 / Oracle HTTP server / mod_plsql
Using mod_plsql in a 9ias / 9iR2 environment on Solaris 9 Packaged procedure has folliwng args: procedure freedb (p_web_site_id in number, p_candidate_id in number default null, p_completed_flag in varchar2 default null, p_section_id in number, p_next_section_id in number default null, p_form_id in number default null, p_web_page_id in number default null, p_sequential in varchar2 default 'N', p_ccp_path in varchar2 default null, p_id1 in number default null, p_id2 in number default null, p_id3 in number default null, p_id4 in number default null, .. .. p_id99 in number default null, p_id100 in number default null, p_1 in chararray, p_2 in chararray, p_3 in chararray, p_4 in chararray, .. .. p_99 in chararray, p_100 in chararray); The dots you'll have realised just to reomve the entiores 5-98 incl. The tytpe chararray is defined as : type chararray is table of var...

Xml query in Oracle: stored proc (apparently) killing the Oracle server
Hello everyone, We are using Oracle as a database, and have started to develop a website in .net designed to present data leveraged from Oracle to users. At one point, we have to get a bunch of indicators regarding the current status of a user advancement. We decided, since that data may be used on many platforms (user interface, website, project leader) to expose that data as xml coming from a webservice. So far so good. We wrote the first draft of a stored proc in Oracle that would bring back the data as a hierarchical xml, neatly organized in relevant sections. Here is the first draft of the stored proc. We bring back the result in a CLOB, as you can see: PROCEDURE P_XML_INDICATEUR ( ARG_NUMSEQ_AYD_N IN AYD.NUMSEQ_AYD_N%TYPE, XML_CLOB OUT CLOB ) IS BEGIN select TO_CLOB(XMLELEMENT("INDICATEURS", XMLELEMENT( "CLIENTS", (select SYS_XMLAGG( XMLELEMENT( "CLIENT",XMLAttributes('GLOBAL' "CODE"), XMLELEMENT( "PHONOGRAMMES", (select SYS_XMLAGG( XMLELEMENT("INDICATEUR",XMLAttributes(NOM_METADONNEE_C),VALEUR_METADONNEE_C ) ) FROM INDICATEUR_SUIVI IDS2, INDICATEUR_META IDM2 WHERE NUMSEQ_AYD_N is null AND IDS2.ID_INDICAT...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server
Hi, Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. Thank you RA On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > Thank you > RA Wow you must have missed all the good spots. Try Jeffery Hunters site over at http://www.idevelopment.info or Howard Rogers site at http://www.dizwell.com/prod Be prepared to take their recommendations and follow their documentation exactly. Jeffrey has a nice article on a complete 2 node install of RAC using vmware ... think he uses a clone of red hat in the article. On 30 mayo, 00:24, hpuxrac <johnbhur...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > > Thank you > > RA > > Wow you must have missed all the good spots. > > Try Jeffery Hunters site over athttp://www.idevelopment.infoor > Howard Rogers site athttp://www.dizwell.com/prod > > Be prepare...

SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle Application Server OAS 3.0
Hello, I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS 3.0) I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. But it doesn't work ! Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? That could be a solution. I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on the website. Thanks first ! Joerg Mueller wrote: > Hello, > I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS > 3.0) > I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. > But it doesn't work ! > > Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? > That could be a solution. > > I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on > the website. > Thanks first ! > > Of course, mentioning the full error(s) would help, as well as Operating System and other details... If that would not be asked too much... Pretty Please? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... Here are the details: OS is Solaris 2.6 on a SUN Ultra 10 I have done the setup as written in the following page: http://isis.sra.com/ows-adoc/docs/security/wassecur.htm Here klick: "Setting Up Your Web Application Server to Use SSL" Is there a chance to get SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and OAS 3.0 ? Or can I upgrade the OAS only ? But which version is running good ? The problem is, that we absolutely need SSL Here...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Web resources about - Oracle RAC 10g_r2: Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant - FAILED - comp.databases.oracle.server

Configuration file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , configuration files , or config files configure the initial settings for some computer programs . They are used for user applications ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...

All configurations of Nexus 6p back in stock at Google Store
... variants. Considering the fact the Nexus 6p hasn’t been on the market very long just yet, we wouldn’t be surprised if some of these configurations ...

Apple Watch launches in India with 40 available configurations, Hermes edition left out
Apple Watch hit store shelves in India on Friday with 40 different size, model and strap combinations available to consumers starting at 30,900 ...