Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003

Hi All,
I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do
not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather
uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production
database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free)
course of action:

1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance
2. Drop the current 9.0 db
3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui
4. Install the 9.2 executibles
5. Create new db instance
6. Import the data from export files

Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2
and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the
dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback
will really appreciated. Thanx in advance.
0
wchy65 (3)

Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the
database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in
that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one!

HTH,
Brian

Wade Chy wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do
> not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather
> uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production
> database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free)
> course of action:
>
> 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance
> 2. Drop the current 9.0 db
> 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui
> 4. Install the 9.2 executibles
> 5. Create new db instance
> 6. Import the data from export files
>
> Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2
> and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the
> dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback
> will really appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Brian Peasland
dba@remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"
0
dba1 (382)
11/5/2003 9:16:53 PM
wchy65@yahoo.com (Wade Chy) wrote in message news:<4fad73ef.0311051201.443ddfc7@posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
> I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do
> not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather
> uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production
> database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free)
> course of action:
>
> 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance
> 2. Drop the current 9.0 db
> 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui
> 4. Install the 9.2 executibles
> 5. Create new db instance
> 6. Import the data from export files
>
> Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2
> and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the
> dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback
> will really appreciated. Thanx in advance.

metalink has a document about removing all traces of an oracle home
from windows, but I don't think it is complete.  I've provisionally
decided that once a home is used, it can never be used again.  Others
may have different opinions.  I'm a unix bigot, anyways.  I haven't
used dbua, but it is installed under configuration and migration tools
in 9iR2 (run from the start menu, not some .exe).  One of it's runtime
options is to ask if you've done a backup.  From the migration doc,
looks like it is pretty friendly about what it lets you do under
various circumstances.  Read those docs!  :-)

People rave about ORADIM being a friend, but I think it is more a
fiend.  Don't even ask my opinion of the registry.
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=FOR&p_id=422535.999

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
joel-garry (4553)

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?
On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think that i've to upgrade to that version? (sorry for my english) MariMax wrote: > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? > > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think > that i've to upgrade to that version? > > (sorry for my english) It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes. To see which, log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note. Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to upgrade to the latest version and then investigate. "Why wait for spring - do it now!" (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.) /Hans Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>... > MariMax wrote: > > > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > > Do ...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

Oracle 9.2 client installatiion on Windows 2003 server (32 bit)
I want to install this client. Went to OTN Windows Download. It shows me following files under 9201 installation for Windows 2003 32 bit Download the Complete Files OUI220180.zip (47,405,300 bytes) 9203WIN2K3.zip (181,643,734 bytes) Yet when I read release notes link on the same page, it refers to Three installation: Oracle 9.2.0.1 OUI.2.01.x.x 9.2.0.3 patch set That means I should also download Oracle 9.2.0.1 client. Oracle 9.2.0.1 client is available however only for Windows NT/2000/XP. Is XP same thing as Windows server 2003? Is Oracle 9.2.0.1 client required at all or is it included in 9203WI2K3.zip file. Thanks a lot ... Any thoughts on this. Is Windows 2003 server same thing as Windows XP for Oracle installation. A note on Metalnk says: 1. First install, Oracle 9.2.0.1 clinet using Windows 2000/NT/XP. 2. Then intsall OUT 2.0.1.x.x listed under Windows 2003. 3. Then install Oracle 9.2.0.3 or any higher level patch. Thanks. ...

Oracle Upgrade 9.0 to 9.2
I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the Oracle to 9.2. I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, create the needed tablespace, then do the import. This way we will not see any odd problem. Please advise if this is true. Thanks. Jw. "John Wood" <jwood@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8IaEb.102405$bC.38876@clgrps13>... > I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the > Oracle to 9.2. > I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full > export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, > create the needed tablespace, then do the import. > > This way we will not see any odd problem. > > Please advise if this is true. > > Thanks. > > Jw. The best advise you can get is not from useless hearsay like the one you got, but by reading the upgrade manual. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA "John Wood" <jwood@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8IaEb.102405$bC.38876@clgrps13... > I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the > Oracle to 9.2. > I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full > export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, > create the needed tablespace, then do the import....

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

Oracle permissions issue Oracle 9.2.0.7/Win 2003
Oracle 9.2.0.7 Windows 2003 We are going through a Certification and Accreditation process with our databases. We are being dinged for grants that any schema owner is giving on its objects to database roles. We were told that only the SYSTEM user or a user with DBA privileges should grant the permissions on any object to any role. We have changed the process so that the user SYSTEM will log in and grant the permissions but here is something we have noticed. Lets say that the schema in question is SCOTT. The table to grant SELECT permission on is the EMP table. The role to grant permissions to is EMP_ACCESS_ROLE 1. We log in as SYSTEM and run the following statement. GRANT SELECT on SCOTT.EMP to EMP_ACCESS_ROLE; 2. When we run select * from DBA_TAB_PRIVS where table = 'EMP'; GRANTEE OWNER TABLE_NAME GRANTOR PRIVILEGE ---------------------------------- ------------ ------------------------ ---------------- ------------------------------------ EMP_ACCESS_ROLE SCOTT EMP SCOTT SELECT We see that the GRANTOR is still the schema owner SCOTT. So when the database is scanned again we are still being dinged for the schema owner granting permission on an object to a role. ------- 3. We then tried this (even though this is retarded and unnecessary since SYSTEM has the SELECT permission to begin with) GRANT SELECT ON SCOTT.EMP TO SYSTEM WITH GRANT OPTION; 4. We then log in as SYSTEM and grant the permission again. GRANT ...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Windows 2003 x64 connect to Oracle 9.2.0.6
Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6 Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64 or is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine ( windows2003 64bit ) ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on 64 bit ) or is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ???? i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the bussiness thanks for your help peter brosi On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote: > Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to > connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6 > > Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64 > > or > > is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine > ( windows2003 64bit ) > ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on > 64 bit ) > > or > > is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ???? > > i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the > bussiness > > thanks for your help > > peter brosi Install the 10.2 client. It will connect to your 9.x database just fine. And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database. It is out of support, and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind. I'm not saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that y...

oracle 9.2.0.4.0 red hat 9
Hi, I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run dbca, I get this error: /hutch/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference (libzip.so) Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM The strange thing about this is that I've installed Java 1.4.2. Why is it looking for Java 1.1.8? I did notice in the Oracle installer interface that it was installing Java 1.1.8. Is Java 1.1.8 a permananet part of the Oracle installer? Thanks for any advice, tglahn17 wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During > runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the > target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the > assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get > installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter > database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run > dbca, I get this error: > > /hutch/oracle/jre...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

Windows Oracle 9.2.0.2.1
Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and patch set 9.2.0.2.1? I tried to find it at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the 64-bit version. Thanks, Wardell Castles Install 9.2.0.1.0, then apply patch 9.2.0.2.1. Patch can be downloaded from the metalink.oracle.com... search for Microsoft Windows 32 bit patches for 9.2.0. Regards /Rauf wardellcastles@hotmail.com (Wardell Castles) wrote in message news:<65f20689.0410080816.769c2562@posting.google.com>... > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles Wardell Castles wrote: > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles There is no such thing as a Developers copy and I can't imagine why you would want anything less than the current patchset. Go to http://store.oracle.com Pic...

Web resources about - Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...