Oracle with .NET

Hi All

 Is there a link or example code that would allow me to insert/read
BLOB data from Oracle Database (10g) in .NET?
 I do not want to use PL/SQL Anonym Block. I want to use only SQL
statements.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Scotty.

"Scott" <sivaraman55@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
>  Is there a link or example code that would allow me to insert/read
> BLOB data from Oracle Database (10g) in .NET?
>  I do not want to use PL/SQL Anonym Block. I want to use only SQL
> statements.
>
> Thank you in advance for the help.
>
> Scotty.

Have you looked at the examples that probably reside on your hard drive
under where you installed Oracle Client?  Have you even googled it?  I did
and the very first link was to Oracle's own web site.  You need to
demonstrate some effort on your part.
Jim

Thank you Jim. In fact I tried and used Oracle PL/SQL Block, but I do
not want to use it. I will try the example that gets installed.

 Do you know any link or article, which I might have missed during my
search.

Thank you again.

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Oracle databases on a server

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

SqlSpec

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

Oracle or SQL Server with .NET
Hi, I need to choose between Oracle and SQL Server. The scenario is as follows: 1. Real time / near real time performance expected. 2. Around 15 million records. 3. Data access is using ADO .NET. 4. Deployment is on Windows 2003 Server. 5. People (developers/designers) are more comfortable with SQL Server. Regards Harsh On 15 Jun 2005 04:17:58 -0700, "Harsh Thakur" <harsh.thakur@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I need to choose between Oracle and SQL Server. >The scenario is as follows: > >1. Real time / near real time performance expected...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far
Hello Everyone, I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks, Sanjoy rath. "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > Hello Everyone, > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > Your response will be appreciated. > > Thanks, > Sanjoy rath. look it up on metlaink "DJ" <nospamplease@goaway.com> wrote in message news:dBzdc.87$e32.40@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > > "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > > Hello Everyone, > > > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > > > Your response will be appreciated. > > > > Thanks, > > Sanjoy rath. > > look it up on metlaink > > and dont cross post to every single group you can find - very annoying > Oracle 9i ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Oracle newbie
Appologies if this is a stupid question? Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a secondary means of access Not certain what you mean there. Do you mean that login information retained in the Internet Directory store would be retrieved by some application which would then connect to the target database with it? Definitely can be done. That's what it's for, among other things. Oracle has created products that do just this very thing. Some Oracle options depend on it. The Internet Directory does not itself connect to the target database, only to its back end database so far as I know. It simply answers requests from LDAP clients. HTH td brian white wrote: > Appologies if this is a stupid question? > > > Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e > access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a > secondary means of access ...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

install oracle database server at home
Hi I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers B. Baz wrote: > Hi > > I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - > possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM > especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. > > Cheers > B. Practical minimums: - Pentium 600 - 512M Ram - 5G free disk - NOT Windows "Home" edition (XP Home, ME ...) - Prefer Linux or perhaps Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro It is theoretically possible to go dn to 256M RAM but that becomes more an exercise in frustration. /Hans ...

snap servers and suitability for oracle databases
hi I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting conflicting messages with regards to its suitability for providing oracle storage. I'd have another machine with the oracle installation connecting to the storage either iscsi or nfs . Has anyone used any of the snap range for oracle databases ? I don't need super high perfornance, just a decent environment for development. Elaine On 4 Jan 2006 04:23:16 -0800, cmappy@hotmail.com wrote: >hi >I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting >conflicting messages with ...

Sun server with Oracle Database crashed
Hi All, My Sun server which is running Oracle database 10.2.0.3.0 got hung and the server had also crashed. The /DBATSTDB01/oracle mount point which is mounted on slice c1t0d0s3 is 100%. It is reflecting /var/adm/messages: Aug 31 15:40:43 blrtstdba02 ufs: [ID 845546 kern.notice] NOTICE: alloc: /DBATSTDB01/oracle: file system full The root slice " / " is occupied 82 %. After the crash, although the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is 100% full, the system hasn't hung so far. Is the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is causing the system to hang or should I check for hardware issues? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices ctfs 0 0 0 0% /system/ contract proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab 0 0 0 0% /etc/mnttab swap 2547944 1088 2546856 1% /etc/svc/ volatile objfs 0 0 0 0% /system/object /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1 /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so. 1 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 6050982 1646347 4344126 28% /var swap 2554304 7448 254685...

databases.oracle.server job link
http://www.jobbankdata.com http://www.jobbankdata.com/index.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/type-of-jobs.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/find-job.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/result.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/create-app.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/create-cv.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/interview.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/site.htm On Mar 12, 10:29 am, "good_online_jobs" <good_online_j...@yahoo.com> wrote: > http://www.jobbankdata.comhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/index.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/type-of-jobs.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/find-job.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/result.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/create-app.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/create-cv.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/interview.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/site.htm Would you please stop violating the newsgroup terms of use by posting this useless non-Oracle related crapola. Sites supported by such unethical postings are not work visiting. -- Mark D Powell -- ...

Web resources about - Oracle with .NET - comp.databases.oracle.server

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Oracle Acquires Facebook Data Partner Datalogix
One of Facebook’s data partners has a new owner, as Datalogix was acquired by Oracle , the two companies announced Tuesday. (more…) New Career ...

Google, Oracle setting up jurors to fail in API copyright retrial, judge says
(credit: Seabamirum ) One of the tech sector's biggest upcoming trials— Oracle v. Google —careened Tuesday away from the hot-button topic of ...

Oracle Rising: Past the Trough in Cloud Transition, Say Bulls
Shares of database giant Oracle ( ORCL ) are up $1.26, over 3%, at $40, in early trading, continuing last night’s gains, after the company yesterday ...

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
Businesses that aren't worried when Amazon starts gunning for their customers need only give Borders Books and Music a call. That said, Oracle's ...

Riley Curry Made a Special Appearance on the Dance Cam at Oracle Arena - Bleacher Report
Riley Curry...back at it again with the heart-stealing. The young phenom gave her dad, Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry , a run for his ...

Here's the email Larry Ellison just sent to employees about a big change at Oracle
Oracle CEO Safra Catz made some interesting and cryptic comments about big changes coming to the company when talking to analysts after reporting ...

Oracle earnings beat estimates
Analysts had expected Oracle to report earnings of about 62 cents a share on $9.12 billion in revenue.