Question about Oracle Developer Application and Application Server

Hi All,

I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application
development and deployment.
Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic
question :

1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not
Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ?
If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for
deployment of Form and Report ?

2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole
developer suite)

Thank you,
xtanto
0
xtanto (76)

Krist wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application
> development and deployment.
> Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic
> question :
>
> 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not
> Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ?
> If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for
> deployment of Form and Report ?
>
> 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole
> developer suite)
>
> Thank you,
> xtanto

1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of
undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i.

2. No.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

0
Daniel
8/6/2004 1:44:26 PM
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your reply.

About Oracle Form and IAS :
> 1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of
> undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i.

Does it mean that any deployment that I do with Oracle Form (also
report), whether it is Web or NON Web, I must always purchace Oracle
IAS (with the 'not cheap' license) ??
In other word, If I purchase Oracle FORM, I must also purchase Oracle
IAS License ?

Thank you for your help,
Krist

Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message > >
> > 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not
> > Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ?
> > If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for
> > deployment of Form and Report ?
> >
> > 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole
> > developer suite)
> >
> > Thank you,
> > xtanto
>
> 1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of
> undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i.
>
> 2. No.
0
xtanto (76)
8/7/2004 12:54:19 AM
Krist wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> About Oracle Form and IAS :
>
>>1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of
>>undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i.
>

> Does it mean that any deployment that I do with Oracle Form (also
> report), whether it is Web or NON Web, I must always purchace Oracle
> IAS (with the 'not cheap' license) ??
> In other word, If I purchase Oracle FORM, I must also purchase Oracle
> IAS License ?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Krist

No iAS is unnecessary. Purchase Developer Suite. You can then deploy
on the web with nothing more than OC4J containers which does not
require iAS but if you use it you need only purchase the Java Edition.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

0
Daniel
8/7/2004 5:25:06 AM
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your reply.

So I can deploy Oracle Forms & Reports as Web or Non Web application
WITHOUT IAS.

So, when / by what reason, do I need to purchase IAS for Forms &
Reports deployment ?

Thank you for your info,
Krist

Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1091856344.677929@yasure>...
> Krist wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,
> > Thank you for your reply.
> >
> > About Oracle Form and IAS :
> >
> >>1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of
> >>undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i.
> >

> > Does it mean that any deployment that I do with Oracle Form (also
> > report), whether it is Web or NON Web, I must always purchace Oracle
> > IAS (with the 'not cheap' license) ??
> > In other word, If I purchase Oracle FORM, I must also purchase Oracle
> > IAS License ?
> >
> > Thank you for your help,
> > Krist
>
> No iAS is unnecessary. Purchase Developer Suite. You can then deploy
> on the web with nothing more than OC4J containers which does not
> require iAS but if you use it you need only purchase the Java Edition.
0
xtanto (76)
8/7/2004 3:53:27 PM
Krist wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> So I can deploy Oracle Forms & Reports as Web or Non Web application
> WITHOUT IAS.
>
> So, when / by what reason, do I need to purchase IAS for Forms &
> Reports deployment ?
>
> Thank you for your info,
> Krist

You need to purchase iAS when OC4J, alone, is not sufficient to support
the functionality you require. To understand what iAS is and does, and
why it is valuable in its various editions, visit otn.oracle.com and
explore its capabilities.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

0
Daniel
8/7/2004 5:39:20 PM
Krist wrote:

> So I can deploy Oracle Forms & Reports as Web or Non Web application
> WITHOUT IAS.
>
> So, when / by what reason, do I need to purchase IAS for Forms &
> Reports deployment ?

You need to contact Oracle sales on this.

Apparently some people think downloading OC4J standalone is sufficient.
However, the download only comes with a Developer's license.  You _may_
need to purchase the IAS Java Edition to legally deploy standalone.

0
forbrich (429)
8/7/2004 8:05:14 PM
Hi Daniel/Hans,

> You _may_ need to purchase the IAS Java Edition to legally deploy standalone.
Is IAS Java Edition enough ??
I read in oracle website, the features : 'Oracle Application Server
Reports Services' and 'Oracle Application Server Forms Services' ONLY
available in Enterprise Edition.

Thank you,
Krist

Hans Forbrich <forbrich@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<_BaRc.45112$hw6.36050@edtnps84>...
> Krist wrote:
>
> > So I can deploy Oracle Forms & Reports as Web or Non Web application
> > WITHOUT IAS.
> >
> > So, when / by what reason, do I need to purchase IAS for Forms &
> > Reports deployment ?
> >

> You need to contact Oracle sales on this.
>
> Apparently some people think downloading OC4J standalone is sufficient.
> However, the download only comes with a Developer's license.  You _may_
> need to purchase the IAS Java Edition to legally deploy standalone.
0
xtanto (76)
8/8/2004 9:11:55 AM
Krist wrote:

> Hi Daniel/Hans,
>
>> You _may_ need to purchase the IAS Java Edition to legally deploy
>> standalone.
> Is IAS Java Edition enough ??
> I read in oracle website, the features : 'Oracle Application Server
> Reports Services' and 'Oracle Application Server Forms Services' ONLY
> available in Enterprise Edition.
>
> Thank you,
> Krist

My take is "NO, IAS Java Edition is not enough for a complete and legal
config".  (If I am wrong, I'd appreciate proof using links/pointers.) But
you might be able to use Java Edition to lower your total cost.

If you look at the diagram on page 14 of
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/forms904TechnicalOverview.pdf
you will see that Forms Services consists of a http server, a servlet and
the forms 'runtime' f90web engine.

So technically you 'only' need the the f90web engine and a J2EE Container
servlet engine an http server and an access path between the http server
and the servlet engine.

Theoretically Oracle App Server Java Edition (AS-JE) provides the http
server, the access path (mod_oc4j) and the J2EE container (OC4J).
Therefore the only thing you need to find is a f90web Forms runtime server.
AFAIK, f90web is only bundled in the Forms portion of Developer Suite and
in the App Server Enterprise Edition (AS-EE).

So if I wanted a legal minimum-price config in a multi-server environment, I
would investigate the CPU-based mix of Oracle AS-EE for the back-end Forms
'server' and Oracle AS-JE for access necessary for my load.

/Hans
0
forbrich (429)
8/8/2004 2:34:39 PM
Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Krist wrote:
>

>>Hi Daniel/Hans,
>>

>>>You _may_ need to purchase the IAS Java Edition to legally deploy
>>>standalone.
>>
>>Is IAS Java Edition enough ??
>>I read in oracle website, the features : 'Oracle Application Server
>>Reports Services' and 'Oracle Application Server Forms Services' ONLY
>>available in Enterprise Edition.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Krist
>>

> My take is "NO, IAS Java Edition is not enough for a complete and legal
> config".  (If I am wrong, I'd appreciate proof using links/pointers.) But
> you might be able to use Java Edition to lower your total cost.
>
> If you look at the diagram on page 14 of
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/forms904TechnicalOverview.pdf
> you will see that Forms Services consists of a http server, a servlet and
> the forms 'runtime' f90web engine.
>
> So technically you 'only' need the the f90web engine and a J2EE Container
> servlet engine an http server and an access path between the http server
> and the servlet engine.
>
> Theoretically Oracle App Server Java Edition (AS-JE) provides the http
> server, the access path (mod_oc4j) and the J2EE container (OC4J).
> Therefore the only thing you need to find is a f90web Forms runtime server.
> AFAIK, f90web is only bundled in the Forms portion of Developer Suite and
> in the App Server Enterprise Edition (AS-EE).
>
> So if I wanted a legal minimum-price config in a multi-server environment, I
> would investigate the CPU-based mix of Oracle AS-EE for the back-end Forms
> 'server' and Oracle AS-JE for access necessary for my load.
>

> /Hans

At least in term so of licensing I have worked out Java Edition is
sufficient. But I also have it from a source I consider reliable that
any App Server that supports Java Containers can also be used without
violating Oracle's license.
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
8/9/2004 3:42:09 AM
Daniel Morgan wrote:

> At least in term so of licensing I have worked out Java Edition is
> sufficient. But I also have it from a source I consider reliable that
> any App Server that supports Java Containers can also be used without
> violating Oracle's license.

If Java Edition is sufficient then yes, pretty well any 1.3-compliant J2EE
container will do.  Then you gotta look at the other value of the Java
Edition. ;-)

I'm surprised that licensing of f90web doesn't come into play.

/Hans
0
Hans
8/9/2004 4:08:03 AM
Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>>At least in term so of licensing I have worked out Java Edition is
>>sufficient. But I also have it from a source I consider reliable that
>>any App Server that supports Java Containers can also be used without
>>violating Oracle's license.
>

> If Java Edition is sufficient then yes, pretty well any 1.3-compliant J2EE
> container will do.  Then you gotta look at the other value of the Java
> Edition. ;-)
>
> I'm surprised that licensing of f90web doesn't come into play.
>
> /Hans

I think most people quickly realize the value in using Oracle's App
Server and move to it. I am aware of a certain division of Boeing
that is using Orion and will soon be evaluating the OAS Java Edition.

Does it cost more? Of course? So why the change?
otn.oracle.com
metalink.oracle.com
TARs

A company can easily waste $10K in a week of non-productive work. Ask
me how I know.  ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
8/9/2004 6:26:42 AM
Hi Daniel,
I still do not understand.
(In fact today I ask Oracle local representative, they say YES, we
must buy IAS EE)

> At least in term so of licensing I have worked out Java Edition is
> sufficient.
So what does this URL :  http://www.oracle.com/appserver/pkgsum.html
  mean  ??
As I said the page says : Form Services and Oracle Services only
available in IAS EE. Do you mean , you don't use Form Services &
Oracle services ?

>But I also have it from a source I consider reliable that  any App
Server that
>supports Java Containers can also be used without violating Oracle's
license.
So I can deploy Forms & Reports on : Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss or
even Tomcat ?

Thank you,
Krist
0
xtanto

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Oracle Application Server
Hello All, I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do? Thanks siu02rk wrote: > > Hello All, > > I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now > install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do? > > Thanks If you think of Oracle9i Database as the 'Content Management' piece, you could consider Oracle9i Application Server as the 'Content Access' piece. And Oracle9i Developer Suit4e as 'Content Control' Best to review http://otn.oracle.com to get some details about App. Server as it's a fairly big beast. A decent overview is available at http://www.oracle.com/appserver/index.html?pkgsum.html And, of course, your licensing situation overrides all! App Server is not included as part of the database license. "siu02rk" <siu02rk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:823c05f1.0311271401.52ff6c48@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > > I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now > install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do? > > Thanks 9i Application Server gives you web-based access to the data you're about to store in the 9i Database. If you need to ask the question, then I think the answer for now at least is "no you shouldn't". It's a completely different beast from the database, with immense complexities of its ow...

SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle Application Server OAS 3.0
Hello, I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS 3.0) I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. But it doesn't work ! Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? That could be a solution. I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on the website. Thanks first ! Joerg Mueller wrote: > Hello, > I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS > 3.0) > I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. > But it doesn't work ! > > Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? > That could be a solution. > > I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on > the website. > Thanks first ! > > Of course, mentioning the full error(s) would help, as well as Operating System and other details... If that would not be asked too much... Pretty Please? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... Here are the details: OS is Solaris 2.6 on a SUN Ultra 10 I have done the setup as written in the following page: http://isis.sra.com/ows-adoc/docs/security/wassecur.htm Here klick: "Setting Up Your Web Application Server to Use SSL" Is there a chance to get SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and OAS 3.0 ? Or can I upgrade the OAS only ? But which version is running good ? The problem is, that we absolutely need SSL Here...

why do we need to shutdown database or application server to backup Oracle Home?
Dear Group, We are using Oracle 10g on Linux. While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. It is my understanding that oracle processes will only read those files inside the Oracle home, but not writing to them, except log files. Any explanations will be highly appreciated. Thanks On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:52:16 -0700, cs3526 wrote: > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, Reading books and manuals can sometimes be beneficial. -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.freehostia.com cs3526@yahoo.com wrote: > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown > database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. According to Tom Kyte, thou shalt not schedule unattended shutdowns. C. On 14 mar, 01:52, cs3...@yahoo.com wrote: > Dear Group, > > We are using Oracle 10g on Linux. > > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown > database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. > > It is my understanding that oracle processes will only read those > files inside the Oracle home, but not writing to them, except log > files. >...

How to configure application server to connect to a two-node oracle RAC database
We have a java based application which will access the two node RAC database via the Orion Application Server. What should be done so that the Orion Application Server uses both the nodes to make connections? Right now the orion application server accesses the RAC database via the jdbc thin client where you have to specify the ip address of the database server and the listerner port and the instance name. If I do it this way then the application server just connects to the particular instance that I give it. Thanks Can you use the OCI driver? Regards, Steve I can use the OCI driver if it serves the purpose. Could you elaborate a bit more on how to configure it and where to do it? Thanks, Utpal The OCI driver uses the Oracle network configuration file (tnsnames.ora) on the client (application server, in this case) for connectivity definitions. This is where you can configure load balancing and failover options. An example is below... YOUR_DB_NAME = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node1)(PORT = 2484)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node2)(PORT = 2484)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = your_service_name) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES = 90) (DELAY = 5) ) ) ) Read up on the docs at tahiti.oracle.com, as they go into great detail as to the different configuration options. Regards, Steve ...

mvBase Server application & Pervasive SQL application on Same Server
I have a project to put two different applications, in two different databases, onto a single server. I am seeking input from anyone who has attempted a similar project. One application is in mvBase 1.3.02, while the other is in Pervasive SQL. In a secondary situation, we'll have one application in mvBase 1.3.02, and another in SQL Server. Both, or all of these databases seem to grab as much free memory as they can, and not relinquish said memory back to the system resources pool. I will be closely monitoring the system wide parameters and the individual parameters of each application database, even profiling them, with a extremely lightweight, yet thorough monitoring process. Are there any good resource partiioning products out there, that do not introduce a whole bunch of significant overhead on their own, that would limit how much memory eack of these databases has access to? Operating System will be Windows 2000 Server. Appreciate any experienced input, or other general advice or suggestions, from inside, or outside "the box". Thanks! -- Regards, Scott ...

oracle application server #3
Hallo all Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well. I am searching for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application server. Would you happen to know of any good books about it? Thanks in advance, Szymon krzyzok wrote: > Hallo all > > Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well. I am searching > for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application > server. Would you happen to know of any good books about it? > > Thanks in advance, > Szymon Best place to look for guidance is http://otn.oracle.com Click on Forums Click on Fusion Middleware I wish my English was as good as yours. You've nothing to apologize for. -- Daniel A. Morgan Oracle Ace Director & Instructor University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org krzyzok wrote: > Hallo all > > Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well. I am searching > for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application > server. Would you happen to know of any good books about it? > > Thanks in advance, > Szymon Szymon, All information is available from http://tahiti.oracle.com. Pick the application server version you have (or are planning to install), and take a look at the Concepts, Best Practices and Enterprise Deployment Guide. Especially the last one contains information for large (often: clustered) insta...

Oracle Application Server #2
Hi, I m working as Oracle DBA for past 2yrs. and got some chances to work/support as Oracle Apps DBA. Recently I had been shifted completly to the Apps DBA team where we have the clients for which I have to work on the Oracle application server, web cache, portal and discoverer and shorty we are getting some projects for which I m team member. Can anyone please help me where I can download the software complete. so that I can install and practice and apart from the software where I can find the documentation for these and what is the sequence to learn (If any link in them). I came to know that Oracle AS DBA work includes working on all these stuffs. Please help me. --Vamsi On 18 Sep 2006 08:23:07 -0700, "cvnkrishna" <vamsikrishna.chikkam@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I m working as Oracle DBA for past 2yrs. and got some chances to >work/support as Oracle Apps DBA. Recently I had been shifted completly >to the Apps DBA team where we have the clients for which I have to work >on the Oracle application server, web cache, portal and discoverer and >shorty we are getting some projects for which I m team member. > >Can anyone please help me where I can download the software complete. >so that I can install and practice and apart from the software where I >can find the documentation for these and what is the sequence to learn >(If any link in them). I came to know that Oracle AS DBA work includes >working on all these stuffs....

Oracle application server, which platform
Hi everyone, We would like to by a new Oracle Application Server, Standard Edition. My task is to decide which OS should we use. My personal oppinion is to choose some kind of linux distro. As I know oracle supports SuSE SLES, and RedHat Advanced Server. Does anyone has any experiences? Janos Makadi wrote: > Hi everyone, > > We would like to by a new Oracle Application Server, Standard Edition. > My task is to decide which OS should we use. My personal oppinion is to > choose some kind of linux distro. As I know oracle supports SuSE SLES, > and RedHat Advanced Server. > > Does anyone has any experiences? > Yes. What's the question? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Just my opinion, but RHAS seems to be the market leader as far as the distros are concerned regarding Oracle software (for 11i Financials at least). But, I have heard SUSE is also a great distro. Does your current staff have experience with SUSE or RedHat? I would say that might be another consideration. If your staff is experienced using a particular distro, you might want to stick w/ it. My .02 Janos Makadi <jmakadi@fc.dunaferr.hu> wrote in message news:<2j5iovFtl4s3U1@uni-berlin.de>... > Hi everyone, > > We would like to by a new Oracle Application Server, Standard Edition. > My task is to decide which OS should we use. My personal oppinion is to > choose some kind of linux distro. As I know oracle supports SuSE SLES, > and RedHat Advance...

Running java client/server application in JBoss (Application Server)
Hi, Can anyone help me how to run an client/server java application in a application server like JBoss? (sorry, I don't know what is the correct term for this) The scenario: I have to connect to an ISO8583 server, and the server require me to send login, echo periodically, in other words, the session is maintained (let's call it ISOThread). I would like to have something like message-driven bean, that will receive a request, and send to this ISOThread to process the request. I can not figure it out, where should this ISOThread live ? in which container ? Better explanation: 1. A Clien...

Oracle Application Server 9i
I occasionally get the following error on my Oracle 9i AS. The printer specified can be accessed and jobs printed successfully for hours on end then all of a sudden this crops up and the service has to be restarted to get it going again. I am running 9i AS on windows 2000 server SP3 Terminated with Error : REP-0713: Invalid printer name '\\hostname\printername' specified by parameter DESNAME Any help would be appreciated. Neil Hodgkinson wrote: > I occasionally get the following error on my Oracle 9i AS. The printer > specified can be accessed and jobs printed successfully for hours on > end then all of a sudden this crops up and the service has to be > restarted to get it going again. > > I am running 9i AS on windows 2000 server SP3 > > Terminated with Error : > REP-0713: Invalid printer name '\\hostname\printername' specified by > parameter DESNAME > > Any help would be appreciated. Network glitch occurred? Why not define the printer as network printer within MS, and use the alias from with iAS? Allows for easier maintenance, as well. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel ...

How to start Oracle Application Server on Linux
How oracle application server is started on linux. I installed the application server 10.0.2 on windows and linux. In windows the services can be started through opmnctl but in linux i could find any of such. Can any1 tell me how to start it ? arfan.ameer@gmail.com wrote: > How oracle application server is started on linux. I installed the > application server 10.0.2 on windows and linux. In windows the > services can be started through opmnctl but in linux i could find any > of such. AFAIK version 10.0.2 does not exist. In version 9.0.4 opmnctl it's under $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin, perhaps it's there in your version too. On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:26:33 +0100, Cris wrote: > arfan.ameer@gmail.com wrote: > >> How oracle application server is started on linux. I installed the >> application server 10.0.2 on windows and linux. In windows the >> services can be started through opmnctl but in linux i could find any >> of such. > > AFAIK version 10.0.2 does not exist. > > In version 9.0.4 opmnctl it's under $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin, perhaps it's > there in your version too. Officially the '10.1.2' means that it is 'release 2 of app server' and ships with/uses 'release 1' of the database for the infrastructure - if infrastructure is used. So, I suppose 10.0.2 implies that he's not using infrastructure. And you are right ... each app server comes with it's own opmnctl in the {a...

oracle application server 10g tuning
Hello! CentOS 5.2 32bit 100% Cpu 4 core and 9gb memory java used. Mayby some tuning tricks? Or something else? help On Dec 4, 7:59=A0am, "hehehehe" <ehh...@ccc.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > CentOS 5.2 32bit =A0100% Cpu 4 core and 9gb =A0memory java used. Mayby so= me > tuning tricks? Or > something else? > > help Provide MUCH more information than you have if you want assistance, as '10g' says nothing of any value. Report the Oracle version to at least four numbers (x.x.x.x), and take the time to post a Statspack report of at least a 15-minute window of activity. Those two items will get someone started on what may be wrong with your database. David Fitzjarrell On Dec 4, 7:59=A0am, "hehehehe" <ehh...@ccc.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > CentOS 5.2 32bit =A0100% Cpu 4 core and 9gb =A0memory java used. Mayby so= me > tuning tricks? Or > something else? > > help Additionally, you choose to install this on a distribution of Linux (CentOS) which is not certified by Oracle. Even with the information requested in my prior post there may be nothing anyone can do to assist you. David Fitzjarrell On Dec 4, 8:03=A0am, ddf <orat...@msn.com> wrote: > On Dec 4, 7:59=A0am, "hehehehe" <ehh...@ccc.ccc> wrote: > > > Hello! > > > CentOS 5.2 32bit =A0100% Cpu 4 core and 9gb =A0memory java used. Mayby = some > > tuning tricks? Or > > something else? > ...

US-PA: PITTSBURGH-Application Developer(Oracle Applications) (#4351890)
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Application Developer(Oracle Applications) (#4351890) Job Location: PA: PITTSBURGH Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2008-04-05 Company Name: Analysts International Contact: Human Resources Phone: email only please Fax: email only please Description: 76. Application Developer(Oracle Applications) (#4351890) Posted: 04/03/2008 PITTSBURGH, PA USA - Starts: 04/14/2008 Ends: 04/14/2009 Description: Senior Oracle Developer/Lead Should not only be able to analyze current scenarios, but provide solutions/resolutions of them and then be able to effectively communicate/articulate them to the offshore team. The person needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills - end client interaction and remote, team management. Preferably someone who has good people and time management skills. The pers...

OCFS2 on Oracle Application Server to share Data
Hi NG, I have a question about OCFS2 and perhaps somebody with a oracle-server can answer the question, I didn't find any other newsgroups... I want to use OCFS2 to share a volume between 2 server with all the advantage of a cluster file system. Now I don't find any information about the "disksystem" I must use. Can I use one ISCSI volume and mount it on both server or must I use a local file area from one server or anything else? Chris On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:47:13 +0200, Christian Gauler wrote: > Hi NG, > > I have a question about OCFS2 and perhaps somebody with a oracle-server can > answer the question, I didn't find any other newsgroups... > I want to use OCFS2 to share a volume between 2 server with all the > advantage of a cluster file system. Now I don't find any information about > the "disksystem" I must use. Can I use one ISCSI volume and mount it on both > server or must I use a local file area from one server or anything else? > > Chris You can use OCFS2 with iSCSI, but OCFS2 is primarily meant for physically shared file systems, like FireWire or multi-hosted SCSI3 adapters. It contains all the structures and drivers needed to physically synchronize writes which are truly coming from two different paths to the device, which is not the case with iSCSI or NAS devices, which both support RAC architectures. -- http://www.mgogala.com ...

oracle application server forms changing problem
Hello! Out programmers for evry 1 houre change somethig in forms files when they try tu update old form file to new(fmx) they cant becouse someone is using already that old(fmx). I there any option in application server to show who is using fmx file???? Regards On Mar 19, 1:42=A0pm, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0Out programmers for evry 1 houre change somethig in forms files wh= en they > try tu update old form file to new(fmx) they cant becouse someone is usin= g > already that old(fmx). I there any option in application server to show w= ho > is using fmx file???? > > Regards Try a man on lsof platform is Windows Uzytkownik <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net> napisal w wiadomosci news:fe6bfd9d-d511-4a5f-a742-a52d838ec940@y13g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... On Mar 19, 1:42 pm, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > Out programmers for evry 1 houre change somethig in forms files when they > try tu update old form file to new(fmx) they cant becouse someone is using > already that old(fmx). I there any option in application server to show > who > is using fmx file???? > > Regards Try a man on lsof hehehe wrote: > Out programmers for evry 1 houre change somethig in forms files when they > try tu update old form file to new(fmx) they cant becouse someone is using > already that old(fmx). I there any option in application server to show who >...

Oracle Application Server
Hi, We are looking at the following config for a small intranet Oracle Application Server Oracle 9i database 2 Compaq Intel servers running Red Hat Linux Raid 5 storage (5 x 18GB) There will be a number of intranet apps which will generate a light load on the servers - though will require the ability to scale as more and more apps get loaded. The database will provide permanet storage however I envision that the Java Servlets will provide most of the caching. Take for instance a phonebook - it is quicker to search a database structure than to execute the equivalent SQL. So my big question is how to split up the components. By default I would expect OAS + HTTP server on one server, Database on second server. But I suspect that the database server would hardly be used. Is there any other component of OAS that I can move over to the database server to spread the load? The apps will be exclusively Java Servlets - no CGI allowed so I assume keeping the HTTP server where the servlets are simplifies things. thanks Tim Tim Smith wrote: > Hi, > We are looking at the following config for a small intranet > > Oracle Application Server > Oracle 9i database > 2 Compaq Intel servers running Red Hat Linux > Raid 5 storage (5 x 18GB) > > There will be a number of intranet apps which will generate a light > load on the servers - though will require the ability to scale as more > and more apps get loaded...

About Oracle Application Server Forms and Report Services
Hello, I have just installed Oracle AS Forms and Reports Services 10 g on my Windows 2000 PC. I have Oracle 10 g installed on my PC. The installation process of Oracle AS Forms and Reports Services ask for a Oracle Home which may be Oracle 8i or 9i. I have just handed over an empty folder Oracle\Ora81 to the installation process which was still there after removal of my Oracle 8i installation Still the Forms installation continued. Do it need a real Oracle home? The documentation files for Forms shows a fancy look of software. But the links for the software installed are very few and just shows some starting and stopping of Froms and Reports Services and links about Queue. How to start the application and how to create Forms and Reports? May I need to know some more about Forms and Reports. Please clarify. Sameer wrote: > Hello, > I have just installed Oracle AS Forms and Reports Services 10 g on my > Windows 2000 PC. > I have Oracle 10 g installed on my PC. > The installation process of Oracle AS Forms and Reports Services ask > for a Oracle Home which may be Oracle 8i or 9i. > I have just handed over an empty folder Oracle\Ora81 to the > installation process which was still there after removal of my Oracle > 8i installation > Still the Forms installation continued. > Do it need a real Oracle home? Depends. See the faq at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/index.html > The documentation files for Forms shows a fancy look...

Web resources about - Question about Oracle Developer Application and Application Server - comp.databases.oracle.server

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...