I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise
Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration
Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute
"/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh".

The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and
everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....."
for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in
/u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see:
"INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to
'/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d
b_1'. Received the value from the command line."

Did I really key /oracle/oracle/ instead of /oracle/ or did the OUI
change the path for some reason?????

Thank you,
Bill

0
bfogarty (21)

bfogarty@gaports.com wrote:
> I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise
> Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration
> Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute
> "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh".
>
> The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and
> everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....."
> for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in
> /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see:
> "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to
> '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d
> b_1'. Received the value from the command line."
>
> Did I really key /oracle/oracle/ instead of /oracle/ or did the OUI
> change the path for some reason?????
>
> Thank you,
> Bill

A combination of the two. I would expect you didn't realize the
implication of something you typed.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
bfogarty@gaports.com wrote:
> I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise
> Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration
> Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute
> "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh".
>
> The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and
> everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....."
> for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in
> /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see:
> "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to
> '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d
> b_1'. Received the value from the command line."
>
> Did I really key /oracle/oracle/ instead of /oracle/ or did the OUI
> change the path for some reason?????

No you didn't key it in ... at some point the OUI GUI probably showed
you something that you didn't read carefully enough.

I have seen exactly that sequence before but don't recall the exact
root cause.

At this point you have to decide if you can live with this directory
structure.  Symbolic link's ( /u01/app/oracle/product could go to
/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product ) if you wish is one solution to make it
look a little better.

Or you can rip it out and do it over again.

0
johnbhurley (2707)
11/8/2006 12:18:34 AM
You have to be mindful of the "Oracle Home Location" step of the
installer.
It populates the input field with $ORACLE_BASE with
/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 tacked onto the end. So if $ORACLE_BASE is
/u01/app/oracle, it installs into

bfogarty@gaports.com wrote:
> I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise
> Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration
> Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute
> "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh".
>
> The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and
> everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....."
> for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in
> /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see:
> "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to
> '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d
> b_1'. Received the value from the command line."
>
> Did I really key /oracle/oracle/ instead of /oracle/ or did the OUI
> change the path for some reason?????
>
> Thank you,
> Bill

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

Install Oracle 9i after Oracle 10g
I have had to install Oracle 9i on a server (W2K3) that already had Oracle 10g installed. I was planning to use the listener which was created as part of the 10g installation so I did not create a new listener for 9i. I performed a software only installation because the application that I have to install for 9i has scripts to create its own instances. After doing the 9i install, which seemed to go well, I am having the following problem. I cannot start the Database Configuration Assitant or the Net Configuration Assistant. I don't know if this is because the it can't detect the 10g listener or if it is another problem which I haven't discovered yet. Also, when using the Home Selector utility, it tell me that there is only one Oracle home, even though I installed 9i into a new Oracle home. The Universal installer shows two homes, but the registry does not show a Home0 and Home1, only a Home0 pointing to the 9i install. Any know issues with installing 9i AFTER 10g that could be causing these problems? Thank you. RhodeRunner wrote: > I have had to install Oracle 9i on a server (W2K3) that already had > Oracle 10g installed. I was planning to use the listener which was > created as part of the 10g installation so I did not create a new > listener for 9i. > > I performed a software only installation because the application that I > have to install for 9i has scripts to create its own instances. > > After doing the 9i install, wh...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g
Hai ALL, I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle 10g? Regards Karthick T.S. "T.S. Karthick" <tskarthick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114431653.917702.172310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. > Seems to me they are bored and made it breakable again. My database crashes when i start export with datapump (on Linux). breakable: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm New features guide: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10750/toc.htm T.S. Karthick wrote: > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. ASM ADDM ASH Virtual Indexes ORA_ROWSCN DBMS_WARNING UTL_MAIL .... does anyone need more reasons? There are at least 1000 more. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server
Hi, Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. Thank you RA On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > Thank you > RA Wow you must have missed all the good spots. Try Jeffery Hunters site over at http://www.idevelopment.info or Howard Rogers site at http://www.dizwell.com/prod Be prepared to take their recommendations and follow their documentation exactly. Jeffrey has a nice article on a complete 2 node install of RAC using vmware ... think he uses a clone of red hat in the article. On 30 mayo, 00:24, hpuxrac <johnbhur...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > > Thank you > > RA > > Wow you must have missed all the good spots. > > Try Jeffery Hunters site over athttp://www.idevelopment.infoor > Howard Rogers site athttp://www.dizwell.com/prod > > Be prepare...

install oracle database server at home
Hi I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers B. Baz wrote: > Hi > > I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - > possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM > especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. > > Cheers > B. Practical minimums: - Pentium 600 - 512M Ram - 5G free disk - NOT Windows "Home" edition (XP Home, ME ...) - Prefer Linux or perhaps Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro It is theoretically possible to go dn to 256M RAM but that becomes more an exercise in frustration. /Hans ...

ORACLE RDB to Oracle 10g migration
All. Can anyone share their experiences on Oralce RDB VAX/OpenVMS platform (current version Rdb 7.0.31) to Oracle 10g on Linux? 1. How to we migrate ORACLE RDB objects to Oracle 10g? This includes tables, indexes, DBO views, Stored Procedure, Triggers etc. 2. How do we migrate data from Oracle RDB to Oracle 10g 3. Any challenges and issue we will face in such migration 4. Any tools that can be leveraged for this Migration. db2sysc@gmail.com wrote: > All. > > Can anyone share their experiences on Oralce RDB VAX/OpenVMS platform > (current version Rdb 7.0.31...

oracle 10g and oracle 9i RMAN
According to oracle increment backup in oracle 10g RMAN is faster then oracle 9i RMAN, because after enable block change tracking... oracle starts recording changes in blocks in a file. But in oracle 9i also oracle record changes in database to REDO LOG files and how is it different. On 10 jul, 12:39, peter <hhh.datab...@gmail.com> wrote: > According to oracle increment backup in oracle 10g RMAN is faster then > oracle 9i RMAN, > because after enable block change tracking... oracle starts recording > changes in blocks in a file. > But in oracle 9i also oracle record changes in database to REDO LOG > files and how is it different. The answer to this question is obvious (as with all of your questions, as you never RTFM and if you RTFM, don't try to *understand* the documentation). The redo log is a *chronological* collection of what Oracle calls change vectors. If you would need to determine which blocks have been changed since last backup, you *obviously* would have to scan through *ALL* redologs since last backup. The block change tracking file is a bitmapped file only stating the fact a specific block has changed. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Jul 10, 3:49 pm, sybrandb <sybra...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 10 jul, 12:39, peter <hhh.datab...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > According to oracle increment backup in oracle 10g RMAN is faster then > > oracle 9i RMAN, > > because after enable block change tracking......

ORACLE RDB to Oracle 10g migration
All. Can anyone share their experiences on Oralce RDB VAX/OpenVMS platform (current version Rdb 7.0.31) to Oracle 10g on Linux? 1. How to we migrate ORACLE RDB objects to Oracle 9i? This includes tables, indexes, DBO views, Stored Procedure, Triggers etc. 2. How do we migrate data from Oracle RDB to Oracle 9i 3. Any challenges and issue we will face in such migration 4. Any tools that can be leveraged for this Migration. ...

Linking with Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g
Hi, I want to use software built against Oracle 9i on an Oracle 10g database. I am using g++ on Solaris 9 with Oracle 9i to build the code. Doing an ldd shows libclntsh.so.9.0 => /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.4/lib32/libclntsh.so.9.0 Is there a way not to have the binary not expect the .so.9.0 i.e. it just accept libclntsh.so. I am soft linking at the moment as workaround i.e. ln -s libclntsh.so.10.2.0 libclntsh.so.9.0 Thanks, Iain Iain William Wiseman <iwiseman@fred.co.nz> wrote: > I want to use software built against Oracle 9i on an Oracle 10g database. > > I am using g++ on Solaris 9 with Oracle 9i to build the code. Doing an > ldd shows > > libclntsh.so.9.0 => /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.4/lib32/libclntsh.so.9.0 > > Is there a way not to have the binary not expect the .so.9.0 i.e. it > just accept libclntsh.so. I am soft linking at the moment as workaround > > i.e. ln -s libclntsh.so.10.2.0 libclntsh.so.9.0 That soft link is a very bad idea. There are two good solutions: a) link the software against Oracle 10 b) install an Oracle 9 client. While a) may not always be possible, there's nothing to keep you from b). Yours, Laurenz Albe ...

Problems with Oracle Text (in Oracle 10g)
Hi, I'm working on a project using Oracle Text, and wondering if it is possible display "relevant" parts of any documents returned by a search (in a similar fashion to Google). Heres a summary of what I have so far: CREATE TABLE news( news_id NUMBER, --Primary key: starts from "1" name VARCHAR2(80), --Name of document document CLOB --Document itself ); INSERT INTO News(name, document) VALUES('Councils warned over spying laws', 'Councils in England have been urged to review the way they use surveillance powers to investigate suspected crime. Under laws brought in to help fight terrorism, councils can...'); If searching for "terrorism" for example, I can happily return the name of the document, and using the SUBSTR and INSTR operators, can return a substring from the document (either a substring starting at the start of the document, or ending at the end of the document). I would like to be able to return the part of the document relevant to the "terrorism" search criteria (Under laws......help fight terrorism) and was wondering if this was possible, as I could not find anything in the Oracle 10g documentation about how to do it. I have set up a text index to index all the entries in the "News" table, which seems to work fine: create index news_index on news (document) indextype is ctxsys.context; I have also written a package containing the following procedu...

Oracle 9iAS vs Oracle 10g AS
Hello, I was wondering if there is any real difference between 9i AS and 10g AS for J2EE developers. From what I have read most of the changes between the two are stricly on the database side and 10g AS now supports J2EE 1.4 (but 9i AS can be upgraded as well). Am I over simplifying iut or am I missing something? Regards John Smith wrote: > > I was wondering if there is any real difference between 9i AS and 10g > AS for J2EE developers. From what I have read most of the changes > between the two are stricly on the database side and 10g AS now > supports J2EE 1.4 (but 9i AS can be upgraded as well). Am I over > simplifying iut or am I missing something? > > Regards Realize - Oracle Application Server 10g is version 9.0.4. So when you say '9i AS can be upgraded', you are actualy saying 'moved to 10g'. Some of the other benefits: - EMWebSite's replacement (EM App Server Control) talks nicely with OPMN and DCM; - DCM is now a bus and DCMCTL is a client of the bus (as are OPMN and EM); - EM is 1000% improved; - if in a clustered environment, the infrastructure can be ANY 9iR2 or 10g database, which means it can be properly protected (RAC, Dataguard, whatever) More than that is available from the fine, but overwhelming, docco at http://docs.oracle.com /Hans Hans Forbrich <forbrich@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<5WCLc.107335$eO.58940@edtnps89>... > John Smith wrote: > > > > > I was wonder...

Oracle RAC 10g_r2: Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant
Hi All: I am setting up a ORACLE 10g_r2 RAC solution. Environment Details: - 2 IBM x335 series - CentOs 4.2 - 2 GB RAM - 2 X 36 GB SCSI - Intel Xeon 3.066 GHz I am stuck on the configuration of the Oracle Clusterware Configuration. I have double checked all of my steps and have retried this installer 3 times to ensure that I didn't miss anything. I am hoping that by posting this question it will perhaps receive some traction from people working on this. The error: When the Oracle Clusterware Configuration Wizard is at its final stages I get the following error: <snippet> Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant": Command = /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/racgons add_config orac1:6200 orac2:6200 Configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant" failed ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- The "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- </snippet> I opened /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommand...

Oracle 10g OCI based application talking to an Oracle 9i database
Hi all, Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our application is making very straight forward OCI calls, and we are not using any of the newer OCI calls that were introduced in 10g, just the ones that are available in 9i OCI. Thanks in advance, Nick On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:01:32 -0700, "Nicholas Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote: >Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the >Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. >The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native >OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. >Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything >wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was >but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client >communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our applica...

Web resources about - Question on Oracle Server 10g Install (.../oracle/oracle/..... - comp.databases.oracle.server

Salary expectations question: Best answers to give in a job interview
IT’S the awkward but crucial question in any job interview: “What are your salary expectations?”

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

The question nobody dares to ask about strategy
Picture by Henrik Mårtensson I originally published this article at Linkedin Pulse : When I transitioned from my work as a developer and systems ...

17 former Google interview questions so ridiculous that the company banned them
Sometimes the hiring practices of even the most successful companies can feel outright wonky. There can be strange interview questions that ...

S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen
S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen

14 great responses when a job interviewer asks, 'Any questions for me?'
So you managed to get through a phone screen, ten resume revisions, and a lot of anxious moments when you were convinced they were ignoring you. ...

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man
New York Daily News South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man Charlotte Observer Police officers work the scene of an officer-involved ...

5 Climate Questions About China’s New Five-Year Plan
Originally published on WRI. By Geoffrey Henderson, Ranping Song and Paul Joffe China has officially unveiled its 13th Five-Year Plan, which ...