Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far

Hello Everyone,

I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i.
Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release.

Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.

Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanjoy rath.

"Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i.
> Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release.
>
> Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.
>
> Your response will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjoy rath.

look it up on metlaink

"DJ" <nospamplease@goaway.com> wrote in message

> "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i.
> > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release.
> >
> > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.
> >
> > Your response will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sanjoy rath.
>
> look it up on metlaink

and dont cross post to every single group you can find - very annoying

> Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.

The Oracle concept of "schema" and "SID" has not changed. Can you please
go through the Oracle Concepts Guide to further understand these
concepts?

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba@remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"
0
dba1 (382)
4/9/2004 3:56:38 PM
Sanjoy Rath wrote:

> Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.

Thorough confusion ... what do you mean by this statement?

Last time I looked, SID stood for System Identified and that meant the
entire database and (while running) the database instance, whereas SCHEMA
meant the dictionary related to (owned/managed by) a specific user.  Has
this changed?

AND DON'T CROSS-POST!

/Hans
0
forbrich (429)
4/9/2004 4:31:29 PM
"Hans Forbrich" <forbrich@yahoo.net> wrote in message
> Sanjoy Rath wrote:
>

> > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.
>

> Thorough confusion ... what do you mean by this statement?
>
> Last time I looked, SID stood for System Identified and that meant the
> entire database and (while running) the database instance, whereas SCHEMA
> meant the dictionary related to (owned/managed by) a specific user.  Has
> this changed?

Hi Hans

No

Richard

Sanjoy Rath wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i.
> Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release.
>
> Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.
>
> Your response will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjoy rath.

Which books did you look in?
Which web sites did you check?
What happened when you tried the same method you used in 8i?
Did you have to cross-post to every usenet group you could spell?
How lazy can a human being be?

Bet you don't appreciate these responses ... but you do deserve them.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
4/10/2004 1:18:52 AM
Sanjoy:
    See 'New features in 92' in the Utilities manual.
DBNEWID Utility
DBNEWID is a new database utility that can change the internal database
identifier
(DBID) and the database name (DBNAME) for an operational database. See
Chapter 14, "DBNEWID Utility" for more information.
HTH
tED
"Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i.
> Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release.
>
> Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.
>
> Your response will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjoy rath.

0
theom (10)
4/10/2004 10:10:11 AM
Ted McCabe wrote:
> Sanjoy:
>     See 'New features in 92' in the Utilities manual.
> DBNEWID Utility
> DBNEWID is a new database utility that can change the internal database
> identifier
> (DBID) and the database name (DBNAME) for an operational database. See
> Chapter 14, "DBNEWID Utility" for more information.
> HTH
> tED

I can't find this utility in any directory under either my 9i or 10g
homes. Can you tell me/us where it is or how to find it?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
4/10/2004 2:46:22 PM
Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Ted McCabe wrote:
>
>> Sanjoy:
>>     See 'New features in 92' in the Utilities manual.
>> DBNEWID Utility
>> DBNEWID is a new database utility that can change the internal database
>> identifier
>> (DBID) and the database name (DBNAME) for an operational database. See
>> Chapter 14, "DBNEWID Utility" for more information.
>> HTH
>> tED
>

> I can't find this utility in any directory under either my 9i or 10g
> homes. Can you tell me/us where it is or how to find it?
>
> Thanks.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch14.htm#SUTIL014

Ensure that you have a recoverable whole database backup.
Ensure that the target database is mounted but not open, and that it was
shut down consistently prior to mounting. For example:
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
STARTUP MOUNT

Invoke the DBNEWID utility on the command line, specifying a valid user
with the SYSDBA privilege. For example:
% nid TARGET=SYS/oracle@test_db

To change the database name in addition to the DBID, specify the DBNAME
parameter. This example changes the name to test_db2:

% nid TARGET=SYS/oracle@test DBNAME=test_db2

0
anacedent (475)
4/10/2004 3:00:40 PM
AnaCDent wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>
>> Ted McCabe wrote:
>>
>>> Sanjoy:
>>>     See 'New features in 92' in the Utilities manual.
>>> DBNEWID Utility
>>> DBNEWID is a new database utility that can change the internal database
>>> identifier
>>> (DBID) and the database name (DBNAME) for an operational database. See
>>> Chapter 14, "DBNEWID Utility" for more information.
>>> HTH
>>> tED
>>

>> I can't find this utility in any directory under either my 9i or 10g
>> homes. Can you tell me/us where it is or how to find it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch14.htm#SUTIL014
>

> Ensure that you have a recoverable whole database backup.
> Ensure that the target database is mounted but not open, and that it was
> shut down consistently prior to mounting. For example:
> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
> STARTUP MOUNT
>

> Invoke the DBNEWID utility on the command line, specifying a valid user
> with the SYSDBA privilege. For example:
> % nid TARGET=SYS/oracle@test_db
>

> To change the database name in addition to the DBID, specify the DBNAME
> parameter. This example changes the name to test_db2:
>
> % nid TARGET=SYS/oracle@test DBNAME=test_db2

Thanks but this page I found on my own. What I can't find is the
executable that does it. Where can that be found?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
4/10/2004 6:46:49 PM
Daniel Morgan wrote:
> AnaCDent wrote:
>
>> Daniel Morgan wrote:

[...]
> Thanks but this page I found on my own. What I can't find is the
> executable that does it. Where can that be found?
>
> Thanks.

Under Unix:  $ORACLE_HOME/bin/nid

Under Windows:  $ORACLE_HOME\bin\nid.exe

For ver 9.2, at least.

--Mark Bole

0
makbo (354)
4/10/2004 7:23:24 PM
Mark Bole wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>
>> AnaCDent wrote:

> [...]
>

>> Thanks but this page I found on my own. What I can't find is the
>> executable that does it. Where can that be found?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Under Unix:  $ORACLE_HOME/bin/nid
>
> Under Windows:  $ORACLE_HOME\bin\nid.exe
>
> For ver 9.2, at least.
>
> --Mark Bole

I was looking right at it and didn't see it. Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
4/10/2004 8:16:27 PM
So...Where do you work? I'd like to talk to your boss....your job looks
tenuous, at best.

"Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i.
> Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release.
>
> Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names.
>
> Your response will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjoy rath.

0
quasimodo (8)

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Oracle 10g OCI based application talking to an Oracle 9i database
Hi all, Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our application is making very straight forward OCI calls, and we are not using any of the newer OCI calls that were introduced in 10g, just the ones that are available in 9i OCI. Thanks in advance, Nick On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:01:32 -0700, "Nicholas Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote: >Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the >Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. >The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native >OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. >Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything >wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was >but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client >communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our applica...

Unable to connect to Oracle 9i database via Oracle 6i Developer
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's various functions -- Graphics Builder, Query Builder, Schema Builder, Procedure Builder, and Translation Builder. As you know, these functions want to connect to a database but I get this error at the Connect screen: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name As info, the user name and password are fine for both Oracle 9i and Developer. Oracle 9i works fine. I can connect to my databases (Demo and OpsData) with no problem in 9i's SQLPlus window. It's the connections via Developer that's the problem. (In case you need to know, Oracle 9i reside in the C:\Oracle\ora92 directory with ora92 as the HOME. Developer 6i resides in the C:\Oracle\ora9i directory with ora9i as its HOME.) The TNSNAMES.ORA file for Oracle 9i reads as follows: # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. OPSDATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OpsData.jgyk801) ) ) INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CON...

oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp
We are trying to get a new setup to work. We have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database on AIX 4.3.3. This database is using the 64 bit kernel extension. We have installed Server Express 2.1 for 4.3.3 (MF cobol compiler) which is a 32 bit app. We tried to edit the makefile used for AIX 4.3.3, MF cobol compiler OCDS, Oracle database 8.1.6. We learned about needing to relink rstora32, and the procob32� that has been done. We changed out markefile to point to all the 9i oracle 32 bit directories. We are note experienced with makefiles and not sure our makefile is ok. We are now having problems with the 32 bit version of ksms.imp. At first the file was empty. To resolve that problem we: Generated the ksms.imp as follows.. @ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms > $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/ksms.imp and relinked the "genksms" binary: make �f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib32/ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms Do you know if we built this correctly? We do not seem to be able to compile without using the variable ...please note the error with the variable for ksms.imp and without that variable�. I hve included the makefile below Thanks 1. Problem when makefile has commented out line #LIMPEXP=$(LIBHOME)/ksms.imp This error is received for every line of code ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file /u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32/ks ms.imp at line 4219: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignore...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g
Hai ALL, I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle 10g? Regards Karthick T.S. "T.S. Karthick" <tskarthick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114431653.917702.172310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. > Seems to me they are bored and made it breakable again. My database crashes when i start export with datapump (on Linux). breakable: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm New features guide: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10750/toc.htm T.S. Karthick wrote: > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. ASM ADDM ASH Virtual Indexes ORA_ROWSCN DBMS_WARNING UTL_MAIL .... does anyone need more reasons? There are at least 1000 more. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) ...

Oracle databases on a server

Oracle management server with only one database going to 9i
We will be changing from a 8.1.7 to Oracle 9i. I would like to impliment some "best practices" right from the start. Being rather green, 5 day dba course, makes you a dba at our shop. I have done some research into Oracle Management server. I was thinking of implementing this in our shop, even though it will only be monitoring one database, possible two. The reason for the management server that perked my interest, in that fact that I can use RMAN for backup, but the real reason was using it for event monitoring. We do not have the man power to continuely look at the alert log, and we are always creating scripts to monitor table sizes, etc. I was wondering if this would be a good thing, and is it commonly used for one database. I am also looking at how much overhead it needs. Size RAM ect. Is there a good READ about this? Is there any best practices for moving to 9i? handl@mts.net (Laura) wrote in message news:<e0ddcf8.0407060608.634328b7@posting.google.com>... > We will be changing from a 8.1.7 to Oracle 9i. > > I would like to impliment some "best practices" right from the start. > Being rather green, 5 day dba course, makes you a dba at our shop. I > have done some research into Oracle Management server. > > I was thinking of implementing this in our shop, even though it will > only be monitoring one database, possible two. > The reason for the management server that perked my interest, in that > fact that I ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Oracle newbie
Appologies if this is a stupid question? Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a secondary means of access Not certain what you mean there. Do you mean that login information retained in the Internet Directory store would be retrieved by some application which would then connect to the target database with it? Definitely can be done. That's what it's for, among other things. Oracle has created products that do just this very thing. Some Oracle options depend on it. The Internet Directory does not itself connect to the target database, only to its back end database so far as I know. It simply answers requests from LDAP clients. HTH td brian white wrote: > Appologies if this is a stupid question? > > > Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e > access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a > secondary means of access ...

Oracle 8i and 9i Database concurrently on Windows 2000 Server
I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine , but I am getting getting various errors.. I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a database , I get "Tns protocol error". Cannot complete Net8 configuration and Database configuration while installing 8i Database server. Please help me for same as i tried installing 8i for many times. I have kept different home names for both 8i and 9i. Forms 6i and D2k 4.5 is already installed on the M/c. Is there any sequence for these installations. "Mayura" <mayura.jadhav@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1140675978.019512.31510@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol error". Check MetaLink Note 306905.1. Regards, Dimitre Mayura wrote: > I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol erro...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Web resources about - Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far - comp.databases.oracle.server