replace Oracle 8 with Oracle 9i

Hi all,

Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire Oracle
8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run an
uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire oracle
folder from the D drive?

Thanks

Jim
0
jim8018 (1)

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:45:33 -0500, Jim Pistrang <jim@jpcr.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
>Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire Oracle
>8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run an
>uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire oracle
>folder from the D drive?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jim

Not installing Oracle 9i next to Oracle 8 in a *different Oracle home*
is one safe way to disaster.
Just deleting Oracle 8 from the D: drive is the most safest.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
Jim Pistrang <jim@jpcr.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
>Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire Oracle
>8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run an
>uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire oracle
>folder from the D drive?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jim
If only it were that straightforward..

This site will give you an idea what is needed..

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/ManualOracleUninstall.php

Applies to v8 as well

0
john.g1 (142)
11/29/2005 9:55:57 PM
Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:45:33 -0500, Jim Pistrang <jim@jpcr.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
>> Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire Oracle
>> 8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run an
>> uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire oracle
>> folder from the D drive?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim
>
> Not installing Oracle 9i next to Oracle 8 in a *different Oracle home*
> is one safe way to disaster.
> Just deleting Oracle 8 from the D: drive is the most safest.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

You need to remove c:\program files\oracle as well as a bunch of
registry stuff as well. There's a metalink doc on it if you want to get
real clean, but getting the obvious registry stuff usually works ok.

HKLM\software\oracle
HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\services\Oracle*

You'll need a reboot to clear the deleted services.
Use oradim to recreate any services needed for existing databases (also
see the migration stuff...).

--Peter
(Apologies since it's been a while since I've done 8, but) I think
there may be a couple steps missing from oracle-base and Peter's post.
You may need to stop the microstop distributed transaction coordinator
in order to remove all the files, and as I recall there were some
registry entries that couldn't be removed.  But maybe it's just me,
using Windows is like putting on those "see things as a drunk" glasses
and trying to walk a straight line.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/game_on/ real missle command and galaga!

0
joel-garry (4553)
11/29/2005 11:26:29 PM
Peter Sylvester wrote:
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:45:33 -0500, Jim Pistrang <jim@jpcr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
>>> Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire
>>> Oracle 8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run
>>> an uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire
>>> oracle folder from the D drive?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> Not installing Oracle 9i next to Oracle 8 in a *different Oracle home*
>> is one safe way to disaster.
>> Just deleting Oracle 8 from the D: drive is the most safest.
>>
>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>
> You need to remove c:\program files\oracle as well as a bunch of
> registry stuff as well. There's a metalink doc on it if you want to get
> real clean, but getting the obvious registry stuff usually works ok.
>
> HKLM\software\oracle
> HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\services\Oracle*
>
> You'll need a reboot to clear the deleted services.
> Use oradim to recreate any services needed for existing databases (also
> see the migration stuff...).
>
> --Peter

But wait, there's more...

If you have existing DBs that you care about, you should save off the
listener configuration (OH\network\admin) and initialization files
(OH\database). These can be recreated if you've already trashed them,
but why bother making more work...

--Peter

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

Oracle 8 odbc driver to Oracle 9i db
I'm trying to link tables in MS Access. The ODBC driver is 8.0.5. The database is 9i. I'm timing out. If the issues is that I need a new ODBC driver, what do I need to install from the 9i Client package to make that happen? Thanks, Chris O ...

Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g
Hai ALL, I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle 10g? Regards Karthick T.S. "T.S. Karthick" <tskarthick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114431653.917702.172310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. > Seems to me they are bored and made it breakable again. My database crashes when i start export with datapump (on Linux). breakable: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm New features guide: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10750/toc.htm T.S. Karthick wrote: > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. ASM ADDM ASH Virtual Indexes ORA_ROWSCN DBMS_WARNING UTL_MAIL .... does anyone need more reasons? There are at least 1000 more. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far
Hello Everyone, I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks, Sanjoy rath. "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > Hello Everyone, > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > Your response will be appreciated. > > Thanks, > Sanjoy rath. look it up on metlaink "DJ" <nospamplease@goaway.com> wrote in message news:dBzdc.87$e32.40@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > > "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > > Hello Everyone, > > > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > > > Your response will be appreciated. > > > > Thanks, > > Sanjoy rath. > > look it up on metlaink > > and dont cross post to every single group you can find - very annoying > Oracle 9i ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Unable to connect to Oracle 9i database via Oracle 6i Developer
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's various functions -- Graphics Builder, Query Builder, Schema Builder, Procedure Builder, and Translation Builder. As you know, these functions want to connect to a database but I get this error at the Connect screen: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name As info, the user name and password are fine for both Oracle 9i and Developer. Oracle 9i works fine. I can connect to my databases (Demo and OpsData) with no problem in 9i's SQLPlus window. It's the connections via Developer that's the problem. (In case you need to know, Oracle 9i reside in the C:\Oracle\ora92 directory with ora92 as the HOME. Developer 6i resides in the C:\Oracle\ora9i directory with ora9i as its HOME.) The TNSNAMES.ORA file for Oracle 9i reads as follows: # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. OPSDATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OpsData.jgyk801) ) ) INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CON...

Oracle 10g OCI based application talking to an Oracle 9i database
Hi all, Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our application is making very straight forward OCI calls, and we are not using any of the newer OCI calls that were introduced in 10g, just the ones that are available in 9i OCI. Thanks in advance, Nick On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:01:32 -0700, "Nicholas Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote: >Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the >Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. >The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native >OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. >Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything >wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was >but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client >communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our applica...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

Materialized View on Oracle 9i mastered by Oracle 8.1.6
I have a need to create a Materialized View on an Oracle 9i server that is mastered on an Oracle 8.1.6 server. We have given this a try, but we get the following errors when attempting to refresh with this configuration: SQL> BEGIN 2 DBMS_REFRESH.REFRESH ('REP') ; 3 END ; 4 / BEGIN * ERROR at line 1: ORA-02055: distributed update operation failed; rollback required ORA-02068: following severe error from TEST.WORLD ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 794 ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 851 ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IREFRESH", line 683 ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REFRESH", line 195 ORA-06512: at line 2 - -locla database : SQL> select * from v$version ; BANNER ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production CORE 9.2.0.1.0 Production TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production My questions: 1 - Is it possible to successfully setup a materialized view in this configuration? 1a - If not, is there another configuration of Oracle replication that will allow propagating from a 8.1.6 master to a 9i target? 2 - Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account for this cross-version replication configuration? Thank you very much in advance for your assistance. Sin...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Exporting Data from Oracle 9i /Win into Oracle 9i/AIX
Hi All, I have data on SQL server 2000 that should be transferred into Oracle 9i on AIX. I plan to transferred it into Oracle 9i/Win2k first, that Exporting it into .DMP then Import the .DMP into Oracle 9i/AIX. Is it possible ? Or is it not a good approach for this ? Thanks for any comments, xtanto Hi As long as the 9i version on AIX is at the same level or higher than the version on windows you will be okay. Have fun... Alistair "Krist" <xtanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cb48a3b.0406240653.87ffd14@posting.google.com... > Hi All, > > I have data on SQL server 2000 that should be transferred into Oracle > 9i on AIX. > > I plan to transferred it into Oracle 9i/Win2k first, that Exporting it > into .DMP then Import the .DMP into Oracle 9i/AIX. > > Is it possible ? > Or is it not a good approach for this ? > > Thanks for any comments, > xtanto "Alistair Thomson" <alistair@despammed.com> wrote: >Hi > >As long as the 9i version on AIX is at the same level or higher than the >version on windows you will be okay. > >Have fun... > >Alistair > >"Krist" <xtanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:cb48a3b.0406240653.87ffd14@posting.google.com... >> Hi All, >> >> I have data on SQL server 2000 that should be transferred into Oracle >> 9i on AIX. >> >> I plan to transferred it into Oracle 9i/Win2k first, that Export...

oracle 8i communicate with oracle 9i
I'm planning to do data purging which transfer some old data in date range from oracle 8i to oracle 9i and then delete the old in oracle 8i. as i know, to communicate between database in same server, we need to use "Database Link" but if communicate with different server? any query or snytax to do it? or what steps i need to follow? Is it difficult to do it? Thanks.. Just create a regular database link CREATE DATABASE LINK <link-name> CONNECT TO <username> IDENTIFIED BY <password> USING '<tns-name>'; But make sure that the server is in tnsnames.ora on your database server. skyloon skrev: > I'm planning to do data purging which transfer some old data in date > range from oracle 8i to oracle 9i and then delete the old in oracle 8i. > as i know, to communicate between database in same server, we need to > use "Database Link" > but if communicate with different server? any query or snytax to do it? > or what steps i need to follow? Is it difficult to do it? > > Thanks.. ...

Web resources about - replace Oracle 8 with Oracle 9i - comp.databases.oracle.server

File:Replace this image male.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to an image (e.g. you photographed or drew it yourself) and would like Wikipedia to use it, you must release it under a free copyright license ...

Facebook Replaces Payments Emails With API
Facebook announced that it is scrapping the emails that it sends to developers containing information about payments , replacing it with a payments ...

Facebook’s New Ads Power Editor Replaces the Bulk Uploader with a Streamlined GUI
This week, Facebook launched its new Ads Power Editor desktop software for buyers who work directly with a Facebook ads representatives. The ...

Face Morph HD - Change and Replace Head in Pic Frame Hole with Pencil Portrait Effects! on the App Store ...
Get Face Morph HD - Change and Replace Head in Pic Frame Hole with Pencil Portrait Effects! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

NASA just chose SpaceX to replace the Shuttle for flying astronauts
jurvetson posted a photo: Elon's design goal = "the safest, most advanced crew vehicle ever flown.” With seats for seven . First manned flight ...

How to replace Roland Juno 106 Voice Chip 80017A 1 of 2 - YouTube
Own a Juno 106? You might encounter a dying voice chip. In this 2 part vid series I explain how to fix this problem. Don't be afraid its really ...

Ministry of Labour replaces plastic cards with e-cards - The National
... printed out and accessed by employers and employees, and documents will be linked to Emirates ID. Those already employed will not have to replace ...

Change of the Day: Canadian Town Wants to Replace Its ‘Land of Rape & Honey’ Motto
The town of Tisdale in Saskatchewan has had a very unfortunate slogan for the past 60 years, and they’re finally looking for a new one. Visitors ...

Jay Weatherill to pitch driverless car hub plan to replace Holden at Elizabeth - AdelaideNow Search Search ...
THE Holden manufacturing plant in Elizabeth should be turned into a world-class hub for driverless car technology, Premier Jay Weatherill says ...

ASI helps Cloud wholesaler replace Cisco hardware with Brocade rentals
ARNnet ASI helps Cloud wholesaler replace Cisco hardware with Brocade rentals ARNnet Cloud Plus is transitioning from Cisco to Brocade hardware ...