restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle

Hello

Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6
with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7...

Thank you

0
noeltrk (5)

nonor wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6
> with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7...
>
> Thank you

No, you don't want to do that.  You want to solve some problem, for
which you believe that to be the solution.  What is the problem you are
trying to solve?

In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous
problems.  So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve?

0
quetico_man (523)
2/8/2006 7:14:52 PM
nonor wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6
> with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7...

That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset.

The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was
.... say 9.2.0.6.

You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database.

But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for
patching existing databases ...

startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to
9.2.0.7 ...

Is that what you are attempting to do?

Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7
patchset?

0
johnbhurley (2707)