Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0 #2

Hi,

On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the
same following error:

Error in setting permissions on file/directory
/opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE

Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
0
rgbg6808 (3)

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob "Rob Green" <rgbg6808@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e050fe5b.0311040942.31347436@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the > same following error: > > Error in setting permissions on file/directory > /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE > > Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is > much appreciated. > > Thanks, > Rob Make sure oracle has write permissions to that directory. Usually /opt is owned by root, so to get around this make oracle part of the group that root has assigned to that directory. "paddy_nyr" <mpprpp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo8tm8$1bqknp$1@ID-196946.news.uni-berlin.de>... > "Rob Green" <rgbg6808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:e050fe5b.0311040942.31347436@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the > > same following error: > > > > Error in setting permissions on file/directory > > /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE > > > > Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on 9.2.0.1 error
The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: Automatic Updates Background Intelligent Transfer Server COM+ Event System Cryptographic Services DCOM Server Process Launcher DHCP Client DNS Client Distributed Link Tracking Client Error Reporting Service Help and Support Messenger Network Connections Network Location Awareness(NLA) Remote Access Connection Manager Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Remote Registry Secondary Logon Server Shell Hardware Detection System Event Notification System Restore Service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Task Scheduler Telephony Terminal Services Themes WebClient Windows Audio Windows Management Instrumentation Windows Time Wireless Zero Configuration Workstation What should I do, while installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on WINDOWS XP, I am getting above error. "peter" <hhh.database@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1168424525.937552.232840@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: > > Automatic Updates > Background Intelligent Transfer Server > COM+ Event System > Cryptographic Services > DCOM Server Process Launcher > DHCP Client > DNS Client > Distributed Link Tracking Client > Error Reporting Service > Help and Support > Messenger > Network Connections > Network Location Awareness(NLA) > Remote Access Connection Manager > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) > Remote Registry > Secondary Logon > Server ...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

Bind Errors
Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances on it so quickly. ManChild wrote: > Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer > working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has > anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against > 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - > don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances > on it so quickly. Apparently the concept of testing evaded your management. Did you check metalink? -- Daniel Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group On 12 Sep 2006 14:48:48 -0700, "ManChild" <starritt@gmail.com> wrote: > >Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer >working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has >anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against >9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - >don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances >on it so quickly. Please answer the question when Reports 2....

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

optimizer_features_enable difference between 9.2.0.1/9..2.0.3/9.2.0.6?
Hi, All, I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle document says: Syntax OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | 9.2.0} I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and exact same init.ora, oracle CBO did choose different plan. So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. Where can we get such information about the difference? Thanks On 12 Jul 2005 23:37:28 -0700, "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote: > So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. >Where can we get such information about the difference? Usually such things are outlined either in the release notes or in the new features documents. Documents that obviously no one reads. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121236648.759298.79320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All, > I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle > document says: > Syntax > OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | > 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | > 9.2.0} > > > I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version > 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and...

Oracle 9.2.0.5, RedHat 7.3 (2.4.27) and SGA size 2.7GB
Hello all, My problem : I'm trying to increase the SGA to 2.7 GB. What have I done so far : 1) I have succesfully installed the above mentioned database following the HOWTO http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml#RunningOracleInstallation. The database is working without problems, but uses only 1.7GB of memory for SGA. 2) I have followed the excelent HOWTO from Werner Puschitz located on http://www.puschitz.com/TuningLinuxForOracle.shtml#IncreasingSpaceForLargerSGA, but when I come to the point for changing the mapped base on Linux OS level, I'm unable to locate the file /proc/<pid>/mapped_base, and my /proc only says (5390 is the PID of oracle shell): [root@server root]# ls -al /proc/5390/ total 0 dr-xr-xr-x 3 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 . dr-xr-xr-x 69 root root 0 Mar 7 15:29 .. -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 cmdline -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 cpu lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 cwd -> /home/oracle -r-------- 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 environ lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 exe -> /bin/bash dr-x------ 2 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 fd -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 maps -rw------- 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 mem -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 mounts lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 0 Mar 8 10:14 root...

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install link errors
Greetings: I'm trying to install Oracle 9i Enterprise Server and Client on a 64 bit Solaris 8 machine. I encountering link errors as follows: Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0 make installMakePath = /usr/ccs/bin/make installMakeFileName = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk installTarget = ntcontab.o installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0, undoMakeFileName = null undoTarget = null undoArguments = null logFile = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/install/make.log Exception thrown from action: make Exception Name: MakefileException Exception String: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /opt/oracle/pr oduct/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk Exception Severity: 1 This was while the OUI was trying to execute the following make command: /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_net_client.mk ntcontab.o ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0 I can actucally manully execute this on the command line and it seems to work but I'm sure not properly since I'm sure there are some paths that it needs which would have normaly been set in the install script. I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or compiler option). Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers! On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:29 GMT, "Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com> wrote: &...

Oracle 9.2.0.1 installation on Solaris 9
Hello all, I have installed 'enterprise editon' of 64-bit Oracle 9i(9.2.0.1) on a solaris 9 machine. I use the library(libclntst9.a) from this installation to link my OCI code. But I am facing symbol referencing errors as follows: ------- kolacbktab /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kola.o) kpupftv7 /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ttcdrv.o) kgupntb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupi.o) slxlobc /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) slxlobj /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpupft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lpmiftfs /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lpmpgif.o) ncrov /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupn.o) ldxpmxa /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ldxsti.o) slxlcbk /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpudft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lxsftb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxocmpst.o) ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .... ------- This code used to work fine when I was using Oracle 8.1.7 with libclntst8.a While trying to look for solutions I observed that another machine which also has Oracle 9.2.0.1 installed has a libclntst9.a with a larger size. If I use the library from this second machine the OCI code compiles without errors The on...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

[Oracle] Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.7) installators
Hi! I have Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.4), but I must install or upgrade to version 9.2.0.7. Where I can find these instalators or patch? These is not produtions server - I can reinstall it. On Jan 13, 6:16=A0am, "Karol" <n...@mail.com> wrote: > Hi! > I have Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.4), but I must install or upgrade to > version 9.2.0.7. > Where I can find these instalators or patch? These is not produtions > server - I can reinstall it. 1. oracle questions like this could go to an oracle group. comp.databases.oracle.server seems right for this one. (...

Oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.0.2.8 and Workflow 2.6.2 on linux
Hi there, I downloaded OWB_9.2.0.2.8_linux.tar.gz from here: http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/warehouse/index.html In the above download I found OWB installation documentation. In the OWB installation documentation, I see evidence that Oracle Warehouse Builder (runtime portion) makes use of "Oracle Workflow". It does not mention a version though. It does say that Workflow is neccessary. The documentation for Workflow was easy to find here: http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-WOR I'm not sure where to find the Workflow software though. The documentation for Workflow suggests that it is installed via OUI rather than a simple unzip (as used by JDeveloper for example). In http://metalink.oracle.com, I found evidence that Workflow is not a standalone product but that it is bundled with other products. I also found evidence that it lives in a directory named "ofw" once it is installed. I did not find mention of workflow in any of the download areas so I'm curious if any of you have installed it and if yes, where did you get it? I hate to be a whiner, but OWB product mgt has dropped the ball here. I spent a day setting up my OWB POC environment and here I am near the end of the installation and I can't find a critical piece of software and the OWB installation documentation gives no clue where to get the software or if it even has a part number. The same can be said for the Workflow software. Do th...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) Again thanks a lot for the kind help.. Nirav nirav wrote: > HI, > > I have the following situation: > > We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on > which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of > which are 9.2.0.6 version. > > Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 > database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & > Clear Quest. > > Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered > environment. > > Since in the cl...

Web resources about - Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0 #2 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple begins rolling out screen protector installation program to Japan retail stores
Earlier today we reported that Apple was partnering with one screen protector company , likely Belkin, to offer professional installations of ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...