SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle Application Server OAS 3.0

Hello,
I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS
3.0)
I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation.
But it doesn't work !

Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ?
That could be a solution.

I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on
the website.
Thanks first !

Joerg Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS
> 3.0)
> I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation.
> But it doesn't work !
>
> Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ?
> That could be a solution.
>
> I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on
> the website.
> Thanks first !

Of course, mentioning the full error(s) would help,
as well as Operating System and other details...

If that would not be asked too much...
Pretty Please?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
Here are the details:

OS is Solaris 2.6 on a SUN Ultra 10

I have done the setup as written in the following page:

http://isis.sra.com/ows-adoc/docs/security/wassecur.htm

Here klick: "Setting Up Your Web Application Server to Use SSL"

Is there a chance to get SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and OAS 3.0 ?

Or can I upgrade the OAS only ? But which version is running good ?

The problem is, that we absolutely need SSL

Here my Error-Codes:

I have configured this old version 7.3.4 with ssl.

When I start the listener, I get this message:

(Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s).)

I hope, to get help in this powerful section

ORIGINAL-LOG:

================

OWS-05718: The Web Listener mkdb was successfully started.

Oracle Web Listener 3.0.2 Production (Export), Version 2.14FC1

Copyright 1997 Oracle Corp. All Rights Reserved.

Monitor now running as process 1237

Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s).

Information: Listening on NORM port 8080 address 0.0.0.0

Started listener: pid=1254 time=08/Nov/105:12:24:19

Joerg Mueller wrote:
> Here my Error-Codes:
>
> I have configured this old version 7.3.4 with ssl.
>
> When I start the listener, I get this message:
>
> (Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s).)
>
> I hope, to get help in this powerful section
>

> ORIGINAL-LOG:
>
> ================
>
> OWS-05718: The Web Listener mkdb was successfully started.
>
> Oracle Web Listener 3.0.2 Production (Export), Version 2.14FC1
>
> Copyright 1997 Oracle Corp. All Rights Reserved.
>
> Monitor now running as process 1237
>
> Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s).
>
> Information: Listening on NORM port 8080 address 0.0.0.0
>
> Started listener: pid=1254 time=08/Nov/105:12:24:19

Listener 3.0.2 (why not 3.0.8?!?) EXPORT...

Makes me think you can only use 40-bytes keys (those
were the days the US government thought they were faster
than internet. Encryption was forbidden to export...)

How did you request your certificate? Can you still get
40-byte key certificates?!?

Also, your native port is 8080; not 80 - is this because
you run on *nix, using the unprivileged ports?
SSL usually runs on 443 (not 4443, which would be a
choice made often when running unpriv'd ports).
--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp
We are trying to get a new setup to work. We have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database on AIX 4.3.3. This database is using the 64 bit kernel extension. We have installed Server Express 2.1 for 4.3.3 (MF cobol compiler) which is a 32 bit app. We tried to edit the makefile used for AIX 4.3.3, MF cobol compiler OCDS, Oracle database 8.1.6. We learned about needing to relink rstora32, and the procob32� that has been done. We changed out markefile to point to all the 9i oracle 32 bit directories. We are note experienced with makefiles and not sure our makefile is ok. We are now having problems with the 32 bit version of ksms.imp. At first the file was empty. To resolve that problem we: Generated the ksms.imp as follows.. @ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms > $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/ksms.imp and relinked the "genksms" binary: make �f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib32/ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms Do you know if we built this correctly? We do not seem to be able to compile without using the variable ...please note the error with the variable for ksms.imp and without that variable�. I hve included the makefile below Thanks 1. Problem when makefile has commented out line #LIMPEXP=$(LIBHOME)/ksms.imp This error is received for every line of code ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file /u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32/ks ms.imp at line 4219: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignore...

AIX 4.3.3 , Oracle 7.3.4 coredumps at startup
I need to move an Oracle 7.3.4 database and application from an old AIX 4.2.1 J40 machine to a newer p660 box that is running 4.3.3 of AIX. I cannot port the database to Oracle 8 or later since the app progs are closed-source (was written in cobol), the vendor is not around anymore, and they used variable names imbedded in the sql of the apps that are now reserved words in Oracle 8 and later. I installed the Oracle 7.3.4 from cdrom onto the new machine, did a clone-style copy of the database filles over but the instant you run svrmgrl and try to do a "startup nomount" to get ready to...

Oracle server 7.3.4 and AIX 5.1
Hi I am involved in software development and client support for an application which uses Oracle. I have a client still using Oracle version 7.3.4 so I still need to support this database version. I am in the process of upgrading my servers from AIX 4.33 to 5.1 I need to know if there is any way to get 7.3.4 of oracle to run on AIX 5.1 until I manage to get this version upgraded to 8 or 9 It checks the OS version when you run the Oracle 7 installer, can this be overrided and does this cause later problems - I already have a seperate version of Oracle 8 on this AIX 5 box. Thanks for any help anyone can give On 27 Oct 2003 05:15:24 -0800, ccthompson@lycos.co.uk (Charlie) wrote: >Hi > I am involved in software development and client support for an >application which uses Oracle. I have a client still using Oracle >version 7.3.4 so I still need to support this database version. I am >in the process of upgrading my servers from AIX 4.33 to 5.1 I need to >know if there is any way to get 7.3.4 of oracle to run on AIX 5.1 >until I manage to get this version upgraded to 8 or 9 >It checks the OS version when you run the Oracle 7 installer, can this >be overrided and does this cause later problems - I already have a >seperate version of Oracle 8 on this AIX 5 box. > >Thanks for any help anyone can give The keyword here is : NOT certified. You're on your own. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Charlie wrote: >Hi > I am involved...

Oracle 7.3.4 media for AIX 4.3
I have talked to Oracle customer support and they tell me that i cannot order un-supported software anymore. I have even searched on Ebay to see if someone is selling the CD pack. Google is also coming up empty. Anyone has any ideas on where i can get the CD pack for Oracle 7.3 on AIX 4.3. Yes i know we should not be on this version, but i cannot take the bandwidth to explain the reasoning. thx Ali ...

OpenVMS Oracle v7.3.3 to Oracle 10GR2 migration and application development
Hi, HI, We are migrating from Oracle v7.3.3 to Oracle 10gR2 on OpenVMS. The programs are linked to a number of Oracle v7.3.3 libraries. We need to find the equivalent Oracle 10gR2 libraries. The v7.3.3 libaries are:- ORA_SQLOLB:SQLLIB.OLB/LIB ORA_OLB:OCI/LIB/INCLUDE ORA_OLB:KUSR/LIB ORA_OLB:KLIB/LIB/INCLUDE ORA_OLB:LLIB/LIB ORA_OLB:ORACLE.OPT/OPT,- ORA_OLB:SGAPAD.OPT/OPT,- ORA_OLB:CORE.OPT/OPT,- ORA_OLB:UPI/OPT,- SYMBOL=OSNSOI,0 SYMBOL=OSNCOI,0 Any ideas as to where the library/options files are now located with Oracle 10GR2 would be appreciated. Thanks Andrew On Mar 11, 2:34=A0am, ...

oracle application server #3
Hallo all Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well. I am searching for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application server. Would you happen to know of any good books about it? Thanks in advance, Szymon krzyzok wrote: > Hallo all > > Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well. I am searching > for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application > server. Would you happen to know of any good books about it? > > Thanks in advance, > Szymon Best place to look for guidance is http://otn.oracle.com Click on Forums Click on Fusion Middleware I wish my English was as good as yours. You've nothing to apologize for. -- Daniel A. Morgan Oracle Ace Director & Instructor University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org krzyzok wrote: > Hallo all > > Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well. I am searching > for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application > server. Would you happen to know of any good books about it? > > Thanks in advance, > Szymon Szymon, All information is available from http://tahiti.oracle.com. Pick the application server version you have (or are planning to install), and take a look at the Concepts, Best Practices and Enterprise Deployment Guide. Especially the last one contains information for large (often: clustered) insta...

Oracle 7.3.4 performance issues on AIX 4.3.2
Hi Guys, We are using AIX4.3.2 with Oracle 7.3.4 on F50 configured Paging space is 512MB with 40% max utilization. Database is installed on SSA RAID box(hdisk1) where we have configured RAID5. I have noticed immense performance issues with server in peak hrs, as per my observation before we / user execute any search query on database system performs in reasonable condition ASA we execute any search query server encounter extreme bottleneck issues Below I have given output of sar vmstat and iostat commands before executing search query and after executing search query, please advice how can we overcome this issue, required indexes are already available in oracle. Server performance before user execute any query on database. %usr %sys %wio %idle Sar Average 26 5 4 65 C/ >vmstat 1 10 kthr memory page faults cpu ----- ----------- ------------------------ ------------ ----------- r b avm fre re pi po fr sr cy in sy cs us sy id wa 1 1 68531 2043 0 1 1 75 228 0 250 1973 397 37 11 45 7 1 1 68531 2038 0 0 0 0 0 0 227 5586 202 27 7 61 5 1 1 68531 2038 0 0 0 0 0 0 209 5682 156 26 6 68 0 1 1 68531 2036 0 0 0 0 0 0 225 4890 324 39 6 50 5 1 1 68531 2036 0 0 0 0 0 0 207 5589 153 23 6 71 0 0 1 68531 2036 0 0 0 0 0 0 207 5310 145 25 4 71 0 0 1 68531 2036 0 0 0 0 0 0 212 5323 1...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

which oracle client for aix 5.3 to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5/Win database ?
Hello, i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? Thank you, Bud On Jan 11, 2:24 pm, "Bud" <tulsa...@gmx.de> wrote: > Hello, > > i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. > > which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? > > Thank you, > > Bud I don't think there is one. 8.0.5 was desupported in the previous milennium and has never been available for 5.3, which didn't exist at that time. 9i doesn't connect to anything lower than 8i. Time to upgrade the database or drag it to the recyclebin. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Comparisons Oracle 11.1.0.7 to Oracle 10.2.0.4
I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it has turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Windows Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gives some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regarding new features useable for us. Has someone made similar comparison results? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: snip > I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it ha= s > turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to > the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Window= s > Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gi= ves > some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regard= ing > new features useable for us. > > Has someone made similar comparison results? That has not been the case for us but we are running on Linux 64 bit systems. When you say "on test computers" that makes me nervous. One has to be very careful to get identical environments. One has to look very carefully at oracle settings between the environments. On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: > I have made some performance...

Migrating from Oracle 7.2.3 to Oracle 9i
Hello, Is it possible to use a dump file from Oracle 7.2.3 to reload it into Oracle 9i ? Do I have to load it first into Oracle 8i ? Laurent Hi - 9i import utility can read all export formats from Oracle version 5.1.22 on up. TD Laurent RUHLMANN wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to use a dump file from Oracle 7.2.3 to reload it into Oracle > 9i ? Do I have to load it first into Oracle 8i ? > > > Laurent > > ...

oracle 7.3 and windows 2000 server SP4
I've tried to install oracle 7.3 on a pc running under windows nt server SP4. During the setup, i get the message "the oracle installer was not able to stop and delete the oracle agent service because of permission problems.please make sure to log with the administrator privilefes before attempting the installation of oracle intelligent agent". Is there someone who could help me to resolve this problem. Of course the best way will be to install oracle 9 or 10 on my server, but that is not free of charges ... Thanks for your help. Patrice WITTE Just as free of charge as 7.3!!! that is: 7.3 is NOT free of charge! And XE actually is free of charge, provided you run it on a single processor machine, with less than 1GB memory for Oracle, and less than 4GB of database! Would you not reconsider your choice for 7.3? Frank van Bortel PS: When for non-production (study, development), every version actually is free to use - read the developers licence on the download page of otn.oracle.com. kergoaler@free.fr wrote: > I've tried to install oracle 7.3 on a pc running under windows nt > server SP4. During the setup, i get the NT or Win 2k? That's a difference. > message "the oracle installer was not able to stop and delete the > oracle agent service because of permission problems.please make sure > to log with the administrator privilefes before attempting the > installation of oracle intelligent agent". > Is there someone wh...

Differences between Mysql 4.0 and oracle 7.3
Hi, I am doing a comparison study between Oracle 7.3 and MySQL 4.0. If anyone has any idea or links about this can you please help me out. Expecting an earliest reply. -Sabeena sabeenabegum@mail.com (Sabeena) wrote in message news:<4aeff655.0409272303.46e62a77@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > I am doing a comparison study between Oracle 7.3 and MySQL 4.0. If > anyone has any idea or links about this can you please help me out. > Expecting an earliest reply. > -Sabeena Why compare with Oracle 7.3 which is unsupported and nearly a decade old? Why ask us for l...

Oracle Express Server 6.3.0
Oracle Express Database has a default database size of 2GB. Whenever the database exceeds this size it creates extension files in a default folder created during installation. For example if the database name is Darwin the extension files will be Test.001, Test.002 and so on.These extension files greatly decrease the performance of the database.In order to increase the performance and to decrease the size of the database, export and import can be done.Oracle Express provides an option to Export database to an EIF(Express Interchange Format) File and then import from the same. The syntax of the export operation when we do from the command line looks like this export 'd:/test.db' to eif file 'd:/eifs/test.eif'. While doing this the extension files get exported automatically. Now as far as our database is concerned it is around 20 extend files.The same can be retrieved through import command which looks like this import 'd:/new/test.db' from eif file 'd:/eifs/test.eif' Now a new database namely Test.db will be created in the folder 'd:/new'. But the Question here is Will the extension file components be imported automatically ? or do we have to issue a separate import command for the extend files also. ...

Oracle Express Server 6.3.0
Oracle Express Database has a default database size of 2GB. Whenever the database exceeds this size it creates extension files in a default folder created during installation. For example if the database name is Darwin the extension files will be Test.001, Test.002 and so on.These extension files greatly decrease the performance of the database.In order to increase the performance and to decrease the size of the database, export and import can be done.Oracle Express provides an option to Export database to an EIF(Express Interchange Format) File and then import from the same. The ...

Re: SAS 9.1.3, Oracle 10G And Oracle RAC #3
Good luck with resolving the issue. It sounds like it is probably more of an Oracle issue in that case. Have you contacted Oracle? Sorry I can't be of more help for RAC tuning, Rgds. ...

VMS 7.2-1 / Oracle 7.3.4 / forms 4.5
Is anyone here in my boat: We are running OpenVMS 7.2-1, Oracle 7.3.4 and Forms 45 for our system. Has anyone here migrated their forms to something else, java or the like, and what are they using. Or do they have any plans to do so in the near future and what might their plans be? Or any suggestions? Alternatively does 7.3.4 and Forms4.5 work on VMS 7.3-1 even though it isn't desupported before I go and try it for myself? ...

VMS 7.2-1 / Oracle 7.3.4 / forms 4.5
Is anyone here in my boat: We are running OpenVMS 7.2-1, Oracle 7.3.4 and Forms 45 for our system. Has anyone here migrated their forms to something else, java or the like, and what are they using. Or do they have any plans to do so in the near future and what might their plans be? Alternatively does 7.3.4 and Forms4.5 work on VMS 7.3-1 even though it isn't desupported before I go and try it for myself? ...

Web resources about - SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle Application Server OAS 3.0 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...