TNS-12537 after starting listener after upgrade from 10.2.0.2. 10.2.0.4

Hello, I have upgraded 7 Unix Solaris 5.10  Boxes from 10.2.0.2 to
10.2.0.4 and applied recommend patches.  All upgrades worked with the
exception of one server.  One server won't start the listener.  I get
the following:
35% lsnrctl start

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 11-AUG-2008
10:17:31
Copyright (c) 1991, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
Starting /oracle/BWD/102_64/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...
TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00507: Connection closed
   Solaris Error: 29: Illegal seek

I have searched google.com and the only thing I can find is related to
Oracle 8 and Windows:
add 127.0.0.1       localhost.(domain) localhost to /etc/hosts.

I did this with no luck.

I have two instances of Oracle on this one machine.  One listener
works, the other doesn't.
I have done the following :
cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
../relink all

then:
cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib
make -f ins_network.mk install
make: Fatal error: Can't find `ins_network.mk': No such file or
directory

The port used by the listener is 1521 and netstat -an |grep 1521
reports port not in use.

I've changed listener.ora with tracing and nothing seems obvious.
trace_level_listener = 16
trace_file_listener = listener
trace_timestamp_listener = on
trace_filelen_listener = 100
trace_fileno_listener = 2
log_file_listener=listener

-- Steve
0
sfaehn (5)

Comments embedded.
On Aug 11, 9:34=A0am, sfa...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, I have upgraded 7 Unix Solaris 5.10 =A0Boxes from 10.2.0.2 to
> 10.2.0.4 and applied recommend patches. =A0All upgrades worked with the
> exception of one server. =A0One server won't start the listener. =A0I get
> the following:
> 35% lsnrctl start
>
> LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 11-AUG-2008
> 10:17:31
> Copyright (c) 1991, 2007, Oracle. =A0All rights reserved.
> Starting /oracle/BWD/102_64/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...
> TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed
> =A0TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> =A0 TNS-00507: Connection closed
> =A0 =A0Solaris Error: 29: Illegal seek
>
> I have searched google.com and the only thing I can find is related to
> Oracle 8 and Windows:
> add 127.0.0.1 =A0 =A0 =A0 localhost.(domain) localhost to /etc/hosts.
>
> I did this with no luck.

But, this is a Solaris error regarding the failure of an lseek call
through a pipe.

> I have two instances of Oracle on this one machine. =A0

I expect that you mean you have two INSTALLATIONS of Oracle on this
machine.

> One listener
> works, the other doesn't.
> I have done the following :
> cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
> ./relink all
>
> then:
> cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib
> make -f ins_network.mk install
> make: Fatal error: Can't find `ins_network.mk': No such file or
> directory

That's because you need to use int_net_server.mk.

> The port used by the listener is 1521 and netstat -an |grep 1521
> reports port not in use.

The listener isn't running, so I would expect port 1521 to not be in
use.

> I've changed listener.ora with tracing and nothing seems obvious.
> trace_level_listener =3D 16
> trace_file_listener =3D listener
> trace_timestamp_listener =3D on
> trace_filelen_listener =3D 100
> trace_fileno_listener =3D 2
> log_file_listener=3Dlistener

I would suggest you invoke truss and save the output to a file:

$ truss lsnrctl start > lsnrctl.out 2>&1

and see where the offending lseek call is failing.  This being the
result of an operating system error it's where you should start
looking for answers.

> -- Steve

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
8/11/2008 4:56:01 PM
On Aug 11, 11:56=A0am, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <orat...@msn.com> wrote:
> Comments embedded.
> On Aug 11, 9:34=A0am, sfa...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hello, I have upgraded 7 Unix Solaris 5.10 =A0Boxes from 10.2.0.2 to
> > 10.2.0.4 and applied recommend patches. =A0All upgrades worked with the
> > exception of one server. =A0One server won't start the listener. =A0I g=
et
> > the following:
> > 35% lsnrctl start
>
> > LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 11-AUG-2008
> > 10:17:31
> > Copyright (c) 1991, 2007, Oracle. =A0All rights reserved.
> > Starting /oracle/BWD/102_64/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...
> > TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed
> > =A0TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> > =A0 TNS-00507: Connection closed
> > =A0 =A0Solaris Error: 29: Illegal seek
>
> > I have searched google.com and the only thing I can find is related to
> > Oracle 8 and Windows:
> > add 127.0.0.1 =A0 =A0 =A0 localhost.(domain) localhost to /etc/hosts.
>
> > I did this with no luck.
>
> But, this is a Solaris error regarding the failure of an lseek call
> through a pipe.
>
> > I have two instances of Oracle on this one machine. =A0
>
> I expect that you mean you have two INSTALLATIONS of Oracle on this
> machine.
>
> > One listener
> > works, the other doesn't.
> > I have done the following :
> > cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
> > ./relink all
>
> > then:
> > cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib
> > make -f ins_network.mk install
> > make: Fatal error: Can't find `ins_network.mk': No such file or
> > directory
>
> That's because you need to use int_net_server.mk.
>
> > The port used by the listener is 1521 and netstat -an |grep 1521
> > reports port not in use.
>
> The listener isn't running, so I would expect port 1521 to not be in
> use.
>
> > I've changed listener.ora with tracing and nothing seems obvious.
> > trace_level_listener =3D 16
> > trace_file_listener =3D listener
> > trace_timestamp_listener =3D on
> > trace_filelen_listener =3D 100
> > trace_fileno_listener =3D 2
> > log_file_listener=3Dlistener
>
> I would suggest you invoke truss and save the output to a file:
>
> $ truss lsnrctl start > lsnrctl.out 2>&1
>
> and see where the offending lseek call is failing. =A0This being the
> result of an operating system error it's where you should start
> looking for answers.
>
> > -- Steve
>
> David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

I didn't catch the typographical error before I posted, the makefile
should be named ins_net_server.mk.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
8/11/2008 4:58:17 PM
On Aug 11, 12:58=A0pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <orat...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 11:56=A0am, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <orat...@msn.com> wrote:
>

> > Comments embedded.
> > On Aug 11, 9:34=A0am, sfa...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hello, I have upgraded 7 Unix Solaris 5.10 =A0Boxes from 10.2.0.2 to
> > > 10.2.0.4 and applied recommend patches. =A0All upgrades worked with t=
he
> > > exception of one server. =A0One server won't start the listener. =A0I=
 get
> > > the following:
> > > 35% lsnrctl start
>
> > > LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 11-AUG-2008
> > > 10:17:31
> > > Copyright (c) 1991, 2007, Oracle. =A0All rights reserved.
> > > Starting /oracle/BWD/102_64/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...
> > > TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed
> > > =A0TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> > > =A0 TNS-00507: Connection closed
> > > =A0 =A0Solaris Error: 29: Illegal seek
>
> > > I have searched google.com and the only thing I can find is related t=
> > > Oracle 8 and Windows:
> > > add 127.0.0.1 =A0 =A0 =A0 localhost.(domain) localhost to /etc/hosts.
>
> > > I did this with no luck.
>
> > But, this is a Solaris error regarding the failure of an lseek call
> > through a pipe.
>
> > > I have two instances of Oracle on this one machine. =A0
>
> > I expect that you mean you have two INSTALLATIONS of Oracle on this
> > machine.
>
> > > One listener
> > > works, the other doesn't.
> > > I have done the following :
> > > cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
> > > ./relink all
>
> > > then:
> > > cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib
> > > make -f ins_network.mk install
> > > make: Fatal error: Can't find `ins_network.mk': No such file or
> > > directory
>
> > That's because you need to use int_net_server.mk.
>
> > > The port used by the listener is 1521 and netstat -an |grep 1521
> > > reports port not in use.
>
> > The listener isn't running, so I would expect port 1521 to not be in
> > use.
>
> > > I've changed listener.ora with tracing and nothing seems obvious.
> > > trace_level_listener =3D 16
> > > trace_file_listener =3D listener
> > > trace_timestamp_listener =3D on
> > > trace_filelen_listener =3D 100
> > > trace_fileno_listener =3D 2
> > > log_file_listener=3Dlistener
>
> > I would suggest you invoke truss and save the output to a file:
>
> > $ truss lsnrctl start > lsnrctl.out 2>&1
>
> > and see where the offending lseek call is failing. =A0This being the
> > result of an operating system error it's where you should start
> > looking for answers.
>
> > > -- Steve
>
> > David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

> I didn't catch the typographical error before I posted, the makefile
> should be named ins_net_server.mk.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

Hi David, I had already looked up the error message in /usr/include/
sys/errno.h
I had also already run truss with no luck in determining it's
output.
I should have mentioned that.
Also, I have already copied tnslsnr and lsnrctl from a working system
to this one..
Yes, it's two installations on one Unix box, but I have several of
those.
Thanks David for the make file, I tried the correct one with no luck.
-- Steve
0
sfaehn (5)
8/11/2008 9:26:39 PM
On Aug 11, 2:26=A0pm, sfa...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 11, 12:58=A0pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <orat...@msn.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 11, 11:56=A0am, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <orat...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> > > Comments embedded.

> > > But, this is a Solaris error regarding the failure of an lseek call
> > > through a pipe.

> > > I expect that you mean you have two INSTALLATIONS of Oracle on this
> > > machine.

> > > That's because you need to use int_net_server.mk.

> > > The listener isn't running, so I would expect port 1521 to not be in
> > > use.

> > > I would suggest you invoke truss and save the output to a file:
>
> > > $ truss lsnrctl start > lsnrctl.out 2>&1
>
> > > and see where the offending lseek call is failing. =A0This being the
> > > result of an operating system error it's where you should start
> > > looking for answers.

> > > David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

> > I didn't catch the typographical error before I posted, the makefile
> > should be named ins_net_server.mk.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Hi David, I had already looked up the error message in /usr/include/
> sys/errno.h
> I had also already run truss with no luck in determining it's
> output.
> I should have mentioned that.
> Also, I have already copied tnslsnr and lsnrctl from a working system
> to this one..
> Yes, it's two installations on one Unix box, but I have several of
> those.
> Thanks David for the make file, I tried the correct one with no luck.
> -- Steve

Try searching for your error on metalink.  They have several
references to patches and listener.ora things to try, but I think you
probably just messed up copying things around.  You might even try
reinstalling and patching the problem oracle home.  Personally, I'm
against copying things around, because it implies an impossible level
of version control.

Also, if you can't relink, you might have an ownership issue, perhaps
even as silly as not being able to copy a file because you tried to
copy while the listener was running.  (I confess, I've made such
mistakes, easy to do).

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"Joel, I read that at least 10 times, and on the 11th, I finally got

after upgrade 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2
I had 10.2.0.1 RAC installation in Redhat EL4. Everything run fine. I did upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 today. I did clusterware first and RAC second. Both are successful. After that, I run catupgrd.sql in my database. Afterward, my database won't start. If I used srvctl start database -d name, then I got CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.....inst' error. If I use sqlplus, I can do startup mount, but not open. Please help! Happy On Mar 22, 1:32 pm, "Happy" <Haibin.T...@gmail.com> wrote: > I had 10.2.0.1 RAC installation in Redhat EL4. Everything run fine. I > did upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 today. I did clusterware first > and RAC second. Both are successful. After that, I run catupgrd.sql in > my database. Afterward, my database won't start. If I used srvctl > start database -d name, then I got CRS-0215: Could not start resource > 'ora.....inst' error. If I use sqlplus, I can do startup mount, but > not open. Please help! > > Happy You should not have tried to 'upgrade' from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 as an upgrade changes the *base* release and you did nothing of the sort. You should have run catpatch.sql, as that is all you accomplished, *patching* your 10.2 database to the latest patch level. I hope you have a backup as you'll need it. David Fitzjarrell On Mar 22, 2:38 pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <fitzjarr...@cox.net> wrote: > On Mar 22, 1:32 pm, "Happy...

Upgrading to 10.2.0.4 from 10.2.0.3
My Oracle Database Server is running 10.2.0.3.0. I would like to upgrade to 10.2.0.4.x When I check metalink the patch sets for 10.2.0.4 says it must be applied to a database already running 10.2.0.4. Am I reading this correctly? Which patch set do I use? On Nov 6, 3:41=A0pm, jhavero <jhav...@gmail.com> wrote: > My Oracle Database Server is running =A010.2.0.3.0. I would like to > upgrade to 10.2.0.4.x When I check metalink the patch sets for > 10.2.0.4 says it must be applied to a database already running > 10.2.0.4. Am I reading this correctly? Which patch set do I use? What are you looking at, exactly? The patch set depends. For me it's 6810189 Personally, I found issues with TZ (as the fix extends beyond Oracle) and dbconsole components. YMMV. jg -- @home.com is bogus. From the people who make spam palatable: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/transparency-choice-and-control-now.= html On Nov 6, 6:41=A0pm, jhavero <jhav...@gmail.com> wrote: > My Oracle Database Server is running =A010.2.0.3.0. I would like to > upgrade to 10.2.0.4.x When I check metalink the patchsets for > 10.2.0.4 says it must be applied to a database already running > 10.2.0.4. Am I reading this correctly? Which patchset do I use? One that is almost 1 Gigabyte. Seriously. Its like 986 MB. Apply the 10.2.0.4 patchset using OUI (p6810189 for MS Win 32). After that has been completed, apply the one off patch using opatch. I'm guessing that you'...

Problems installing 10.2.0.2 patchset to a 10.2.0.1 database
I am trying to install the latest patchset to my 10gR2 database. When i double click on setup.exe nothing visable happens. The process is launched and according to Windows Task manager is taking up 50% of my CPU. The process just sits there spinning away and nothing happens. I have shutdown, using Service Control Manager, all Oracle services including databases, listeners and DBConsoles Any ideas? <kevin.aide@intergraph.com> schreef in bericht news:1159977988.501508.164590@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install the latest patchset to my 10gR2 database. When > i double click on setup.exe nothing visable happens. The process is > launched and according to Windows Task manager is taking up 50% of my > CPU. The process just sits there spinning away and nothing happens. > > I have shutdown, using Service Control Manager, all Oracle services > including databases, listeners and DBConsoles > > Any ideas? > Sometimes it helps when you do not use the setup.exe in the root of your installation, but the one in the install directory. Reboot before patching might help too. Has to do with conflicting javaw.exe versions or something like that. You're not on VMWare, are you? Robbert van der Hoorn OSA it BV The Netherlands Robbert, I only have one setup.exe and there is no install directory. At the top level I have a stage directory and three html files and the setup.exe. I am not using VMWare and I have tried reb...

Upgrading oracle db 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2 java issues
Hi all, We are upgrading our oracle database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2. has anyone had previous experience with this that they can point out potential pitfalls? I am talking more on the java side than actually the installation. We have a java system talking to the oracle database. One system is using hibernate, the other is using a DAO pattern with direct JDBC calls. Does anyone know if this change will effect the application and what changes we must do to accomadate? For example I know that oracle 10.2.0.2 has a different timestamp (oracle.timestamp) than that of it predecesor (sql.timestam...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Rolling upgrade from oracle RAC 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1
Has anyone done a rolling upgrade of oracle RAC 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1. Recently I was trying to upgrade a 2 node RAC using logical standby database and evertime it is failing at upgrade of cluster. Hven't found any useful doc in metalink or internet. Will be very helpful if someone who has done this can provide a direction to me. Thanks ...

9.2.0.6 upgrade to 10.2.0.2
Hey all, I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should you wait until after the database has been upgraded? tnx. On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey all, > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? > If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should > you wait until after the database has been upgraded? > > tnx. I wouldn't run the CPU patch for 10.2 until you have your 9.2.0.6 database upgraded. David Fitzjarrell On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <fitzjarr...@cox.net> wrote: > On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hey all, > > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > > 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? > > If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should > > you wait until after the database has been upgraded? > > > tnx...

OEM Upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.5
Hi all, I am doing a fresh install of Oracle Enterprise manager on Linux 32 bit using OLE5.3 using How to Install Grid Control 10.2.0.5.0 on Enterprise Linux 5 Using the Existing Database (11g) Option Doc ID: 784963.1 As per the Metalink note I am doing software only install of 10.2.0.1 and then 10.2.0.5 with no config. Then I manually run the follwoing ConfigureGC.pl script: where I get this error ..../oms10g/perl/bin/perl .../oms10g/sysman/install/ConfigureGC.pl /u01/app/gc Any ideas/suggestions to solve this ? This is not related to sys/ sysman password I think Oc4jDeploy tool completed, but with errors. ' INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:PerformSecureCommand:runCmd:Command Output stderr: 'java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324) at oracle.j2ee.tools.deploy.Oc4jDeploy.doDeploy(Unknown Source) at oracle.j2ee.tools.deploy.Oc4jDeploy.execute(Unknown Source) at oracle.j2ee.tools.deploy.Oc4jDeploy.deploy(Unknown Source) at oracle.j2ee.tools.deploy.Oc4jDeploy.main(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIConnection.EXCEPTION_ORIGINATES_FROM_TH...

New Option Packs after Update from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 ???
Hello, i have a little understanding problem how Oracle handles his Patch Sets. First i have installed a Oracle 10.1.0.1 Enterprise Edition Database on my Solaris 9 Sparc Server. Explicitly i have selected only one Option Pack: The Partitioning Option. Then i istalled the actually Patch Set 10.2.0.2. At next i begin create a database. After creation the new database works fine. But when i get a Database-Report in the Enterprise Manager, it says i have installed the following options: * Data Mining * Intermedia * OLAP * Spatial * Text * XML DB The Install overview in the Oracle Installer says, basicly i have installed only the partitioning option. In the Patchset-Installation i can't see what exactly is patched. But from my understanding - Patch sets should only patch installed Programs/Features - not Features where are not installed. Did anyone see the same effects while patching Oracle? What can i do to solve that little problem? Many thanks for helping and solly my bad english. Karl Karl Bach wrote: > Hello, > > i have a little understanding problem how Oracle handles his Patch Sets. > > First i have installed a Oracle 10.1.0.1 Enterprise Edition Database on my > Solaris 9 Sparc Server. Explicitly i have selected only one Option Pack: > The Partitioning Option. > > Then i istalled the actually Patch Set 10.2.0.2. > > At next i begin create a database. After creation the new database works > fine. > But when i get a D...

Copy Database From Ora 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2
Hi, We have a database named, say, DB1 running on a Win2003 server with Ora 10.1.0.5. We need to copy DB1 to another server running on Win2003 with Ora 10.2.0.2. (Neither are production databases). I know how to copy the database, recreate the control file, etc.. My question is what subsequent steps I need to take after the database has been copied, the control file created, and the database opened, given that I am copying a database from an Ora 10.1.0.5 server to an Ora 10.2.0.2 one. Thanks, DF copy all db file... datafile, controlfile, redo and upgrade.... (read the manual...) I don't athink you need to recreate controlfile if_investor@yahoo.com ha scritto: > Hi, > > We have a database named, say, DB1 running on a Win2003 server with > Ora 10.1.0.5. > We need to copy DB1 to another server running on Win2003 with Ora > 10.2.0.2. > (Neither are production databases). > > I know how to copy the database, recreate the control file, etc.. > > My question is what subsequent steps I need to take after the database > has been copied, > the control file created, and the database opened, given that I am > copying a database from > an Ora 10.1.0.5 server to an Ora 10.2.0.2 one. > > > > Thanks, > DF "if_investor@yahoo.com" <basis_consultant@hotmail.com> wrote in news:97ca144b-9c19-4cf5-9c07-d5089b0a4954@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: > Hi, > > We have a database named, say, DB1 runn...

SW: Firefox 10.0.12ESR, SeaMonkey 2.7.2 10.0.12ESR, Thunderbird 10.0.12ESR
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: madodelDESPAM@DESPAMptdprolog.net Firefox 10.0.12esr, SeaMonkey 2.7.2 based on 10.0.12ESR and Thunderbird 10.0.12ESR have been uploaded to Netlabs by Dave Yeo. Firefox is the Web Browser based on the open source Mozilla project. SeaMonkey is the Web Browser/Mail reader/News reader based on the open source Mozilla project. ESR stands for Extended Support. Thunderbird is the Mail reader/News reader based on the open source Mozilla project. If anyone is interested in continuing to see development of the Mozi...

Copying Oracle 10.2.0.4 Database to 11.2
Hi, We have an SAP system (ECC6.0) running on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 5.9 in, say, servera. We are looking to copy it, and rename its Oracle SID, to a Solaris 5.10 server (serverb) running Oracle 11.2. The tentative plan is as follows: (i) Install SAP/Oracle 11.2 on serverb. (ii) Copy a cold backup of the servera database from tapes to serverb. (iii) Rename the database to the new SID using "Create controlfile set database....". (iv) Run the SAP tool that upgrades Oracle to 11.2 so that the database is upgraded (Skip the part that install the Oracle binaries). SAP documentation indicates that this step works. My question is on step #(iii). On 11.2, will the "Create controlfile" command work if the database is 10g? Thanks, QZ In article <2e5d62d9-0155-4ab2-9c55-dff6c8ecc0f2@k3g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>, if_investor@yahoo.com <basis_consultant@hotmail.com> wrote: >We have an SAP system (ECC6.0) running on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris >5.9 in, say, servera. > >We are looking to copy it, and rename its Oracle SID, to a Solaris >5.10 server (serverb) >running Oracle 11.2. Why rename the SID? >The tentative plan is as follows: > >(i) Install SAP/Oracle 11.2 on serverb. >(ii) Copy a cold backup of the servera database from tapes to serverb. >(iii) Rename the database to the new SID using "Create controlfile set >database....". >(iv) Run the SAP tool that upgrades Oracle to 11.2 so that th...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.4, gettext_activerecord-2.0.4, gettext_rails-2.0.4
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.4 and the families (gettext-2.0.4, gettext_activerecord-2.0.4 and gettext_rails-2.0.4) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.4 * Fix String#% return nil when the string have no place holders. [by okkez] * Update pofiles and remove old messages. * suppress some warnings on Ruby 1.9.x. [by Nobuhiro IMA...

ERROR OUI-10091:Updation from oracle10gR2(10.2.0.1)xe to oracle10gR2(10.2.0.3) in linux 4
Hello everone, I am using patch p53370104_10203_Linux.zip to update my oracle 10gR2(10.2.01) Express Edition into Oracle 10gR2(10.2.0.3). In installation i got the following error: OUI-10091:There are no patches that need to be applied from the patchset Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 2 10.2.0.3.0 . And its log file i find : INFO: Unable to read /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/ server/inventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml. Some inventory information may be lost. INFO: OUI-10070:The patch oracle.ons 10.2.0.3.0, which is part of patch set Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 2 10.2.0.3.0 , has not been selected for installation. please help me .. Thanks in Advance! On Aug 6, 8:43=A0am, sagar.maheshw...@daffodilsw.com wrote: > Hello everone, > I am using patch p53370104_10203_Linux.zip to update my oracle > 10gR2(10.2.01) Express Edition into Oracle 10gR2(10.2.0.3). > In installation =A0i got the following error: > OUI-10091:There are no patches that need to be applied from the > patchset Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 2 10.2.0.3.0 . > > =A0And its log file i find : > > INFO: Unable to read /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/ > server/inventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml. Some inventory information may > be lost. > INFO: OUI-10070:The patch oracle.ons 10.2.0.3.0, which is part of > patch set Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 2 10.2.0.3.0 , has > not been selected for installation. > =A0pl...

Problems with Listener after patching to 10.2.0.2.0
Hi I've just done a clean install of 10.2.0.1.0 on a 2-node RedHat Linux ES 4 RAC. I have the following setup: 1 home for CRS 1 home for ASM 1 home for database The initial install of 10.2.0.1.0 works fine, then I patch up to 10.2.0.2.0 (for each oracle_home). I need 3 listeners, and I remove the default listener first. From netca i make the 3 new, and that seems to work just fine: $ srvctl config listener -n orarac-01 orarac-01 LISTENER_1521_ORARAC-01 orarac-01 LISTENER_1524_ORARAC-01 orarac-01 LISTENER_1527_ORARAC-01 So far so good, lets start them up: orarac-01$ srvctl start listener -n orarac-01 -l LISTENER_1521_ORARAC-01 CRS-1028: Dependency analysis failed because of: CRS-0223: Resource 'ora.orarac-01.LISTENER_1521_ORARAC-01.lsnr' has placement error. I run cluvfy and get this: blabla, everything ok Result: Node connectivity check passed for subnet "10.231.175.0" with node(s) orarac-02,orarac-01. Suitable interfaces for the private interconnect on subnet "10.0.0.0": orarac-02 bond0:10.0.0.22 orarac-01 bond0:10.0.0.21 Suitable interfaces for the private interconnect on subnet "10.231.175.0": orarac-02 eth0:10.231.175.22 eth0:10.231.175.32 orarac-01 eth0:10.231.175.21 eth0:10.231.175.31 ERROR: Could not find a suitable set of interfaces for VIPs. Result: Node connectivity check failed. Hm, strange... I run vipca, and can only see interface eth0. I belive I should've seen eth0, eth2, eth3 and bond0 (eth2 and eth...

Compatibility between Forms 6.0.8, client 8.0.6 and Server 10.2.0.2?
I'm using Server side: Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) Client side (Windows XP SP2): Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 Application: Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility problems that might come up. It should go in the production in the next 2-3 days, so I don't have enough time for testing. Can I use newer version of client to work with Forms 6i? If so, witch one? I've tried 10.2 client and my Runtimes didn't want to connect to the Server. Tnx for help I know the server based version of Oracle Forms 6i when fully patched is certified to work with version 10gR1. Being the product is obsolete it will never be certified to work with version 10gR2. We run server based Forms 6i and plan to attempt to upgrade to 10gR2, We managed to recompile and link all our Forms, Report Writer, and Pro*c programs against 10.1.0.4 but we have not really tested them. Right now we are in a wait state due to resources, but once we get the time we plan to upgrade our 10gR1 test system to 10gR2 and give everything a go. Please post back with any incompatibilities you encounter or useful information you run accross. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- ...

Compatibility between Forms 6.0.8, client 8.0.6 and Server 10.2.0.2?
I'm using Server side: Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) Client side (Windows XP SP2): Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 Application: Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility problems that might come up. It should go in the production in the next 2-3 days, so I don't have enough time for testing. Can I use newer version of client to work with Forms 6i? If so, witch one? I've tried 10.2 client and my Runtimes didn't want to connect to the Server. Tnx for help "Vigor" <igorv@euro-tera.hr> wrote in news:dvrtl6$cuv$1@sunce.iskon.hr: > I'm using > > > > Server side: > > Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) > > > > Client side (Windows XP SP2): > > Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c > > SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 > > > > Application: > > Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 > > Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 > > Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 > > > > > > Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, > and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility > problems that might come up. It should go in the ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2, 1.5.0.10 contrib. builds on Solaris10, Solaris8/9 are available #2
Please do NOT reply to this address. If you have any problems, feel free to send email to desktop dash discuss at opensolaris dot org Firefox 2.0.0.2, 1.5.0.10 contrib. builds on Solaris10, Solaris8/9 are now available on www.mozilla.com It's now much easier to get the latest contributed build on Solaris, just go to http://www.mozilla.com and click "Free Download" which would point you to the download page. Download Page ============== Firefox 2.0.0.2 http://www.mozilla.com (Click "Free Download") http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.2/releasenotes/#contribute...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

Upgrading from 10.2 to 10.2.8 #2
I just reinstalled OS X 10.2 after my OS X 10.2.8 got corrupted. When I attempt to upgrade using "software update" button on system preferences, I continue to get error message. It seems that it is trying to upgrade, in one step, from 10.2 to 10.2.8. I seem to remember ther being at least one or two intermediate steps of upgrades in the process. Any suggestions? What upgrade steps are needed? 10.2.1, 10.2.4????? Any help us much appreciated. I can not run a key program at less than 10.2.6 Thanks. In article <4fGSb.9575$2J1.5133@fe1.texas.rr.com>, Paul Rutner <...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

10.2.0.4 #2
When will it be available? Thanks! On Oct 30, 1:58 pm, jackzh...@gmail.com wrote: > When will it be available? > Thanks! According to metalink Note:401436.1, last updated 22-Oct-2007, "10.2.0.4 has not been released on any platform , and does not have release dates available." If anyone has anything better, let us know. http://oracleappstechnology.blogspot.com/2007/10/oracle-rdbms-10204-patchset-expected-to.html isn't really better. jg -- @home.com is bogus. Please help me get US$20M out of my school. http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/nigerian-education-selects-intel-powered-classmate-pc-with-mandriva-linux joel garry wrote: > On Oct 30, 1:58 pm, jackzh...@gmail.com wrote: >> When will it be available? >> Thanks! > > According to metalink Note:401436.1, last updated 22-Oct-2007, > "10.2.0.4 has not been released on any platform , and does not have > release dates available." > > If anyone has anything better, let us know. > > http://oracleappstechnology.blogspot.com/2007/10/oracle-rdbms-10204-patchset-expected-to.html > isn't really better. > > jg > -- > @home.com is bogus. > Please help me get US$20M out of my school. > http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/nigerian-education-selects-intel-powered-classmate-pc-with-mandriva-linux > I was looking for the 10.2.0.3 patchset for Agent and found the 10.2.0.4 patchset for the Linux platfor...

ORACLE UPGRADE 10.2.0.2 ... INVALID MATERIALIZED VIEW
I have upgrade oracle from 9.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.2 on SunOS. SQL> alter MATERIALIZED VIEW MVIEWUSER.PCATTYPE compile; Materialized view altered. SQL> select status,object_type from dba_objects where owner='MVIEWUSER' AND object_name='PCATTYPE'; STATUS OBJECT_TYPE ------- ------------------- VALID TABLE INVALID MATERIALIZED VIEW Can someone kindly help in it. Thanks On Apr 13, 11:04=A0am, "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle....@gmail.com> wrote: > I have upgrade oracle from 9.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.2 on SunOS. > > SQL> alter MATERIALIZED VIEW MVIEWU...

Web resources about - TNS-12537 after starting listener after upgrade from 10.2.0.2. 10.2.0.4 - comp.databases.oracle.server

A life 'constantly in fear' after sex charge (02:18)
A man who was lured into a homosexual encounter with a police officer in Cairns in 1988 then charged with aggravated sexual assault says the ...