Transport tablespace between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2

Is-it possible to transport tablespaces between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
on unix AIX 5L ?
Thanks for answer
0
djules (1)

"djules" <djules@gaz-de-bordeaux.com> wrote in message
> Is-it possible to transport tablespaces between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
> on unix AIX 5L ?
> Thanks for answer

This is from Metalink :

"Compatibility Considerations for Transportable Tablespaces
To use the transportable tablespaces feature, the COMPATIBLE initialization
parameter for both the source and target databases must be set to 8.1 or
higher. If the block size of any tablespace being transported is different
from the standard block size for the target database, the COMPATIBLE
initialization parameter must be
set to 9.0 or higher for the target database. You are not required to be
running the same release of Oracle for both the source and target database.
Oracle guarantees that the transportable tablespace set is compatible with
the target database. If not, an error is signaled at the beginning of the
plug-in operation. It is always possible to transport a tablespace from a
database running an older
release of Oracle (starting with Oracle8i) to a database running a newer
release of Oracle (for example, Oracle9i). When creating a transportable
tablespace set, Oracle computes the lowest compatibility level at which the
target database must run. This is referred to as the compatibility level of
the transportable set. When plugging the transportable set into a target
database, Oracle signals an error if the compatibility level of the
transportable set is greater than the compatibility level of the target
database. "

HTH,
Matthias Hoys

"djules" <djules@gaz-de-bordeaux.com> wrote in message
> Is-it possible to transport tablespaces between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
> on unix AIX 5L ?
> Thanks for answer

I just tried this issue a week before.

If compatible is 8.1.x.x on the 8iR3 then u can transport the tbs if the
databases have the same NCHAR setting.

0
stag (21)
11/5/2004 8:12:03 AM
djules wrote:

> Is-it possible to transport tablespaces between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
> on unix AIX 5L ?
> Thanks for answer

No.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
DA Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1099708535.632129@yasure>...
> djules wrote:
>
> > Is-it possible to transport tablespaces between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
> > on unix AIX 5L ?
> > Thanks for answer
>
> No.

Sorry, Daniel, but the answer is yes, as two prior posts attest, one
citing a Metalink quote, repeated here:

[...]

Says it all, in black and white, from Oracle, no less.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
11/6/2004 10:48:04 PM
David Fitzjarrell wrote:
> DA Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1099708535.632129@yasure>...
>
>>djules wrote:
>>

>>>Is-it possible to transport tablespaces between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
>>>on unix AIX 5L ?
>>>Thanks for answer
>>
>>No.
>

> Sorry, Daniel, but the answer is yes, as two prior posts attest, one
> citing a Metalink quote, repeated here:
>
> "Compatibility Considerations for Transportable Tablespaces
> To use the transportable tablespaces feature, the COMPATIBLE
> initialization
> parameter for both the source and target databases must be set to 8.1
> or
> higher. If the block size of any tablespace being transported is
> different
> from the standard block size for the target database, the COMPATIBLE
> initialization parameter must be
> set to 9.0 or higher for the target database. You are not required to
> be
> running the same release of Oracle for both the source and target
> database.
> Oracle guarantees that the transportable tablespace set is compatible
> with
> the target database. If not, an error is signaled at the beginning of
> the
> plug-in operation. It is always possible to transport a tablespace
> from a
> database running an older
> release of Oracle (starting with Oracle8i) to a database running a
> newer
> release of Oracle (for example, Oracle9i). When creating a
> transportable
> tablespace set, Oracle computes the lowest compatibility level at
> which the
> target database must run. This is referred to as the compatibility
> level of
> the transportable set. When plugging the transportable set into a
> target
> database, Oracle signals an error if the compatibility level of the
> transportable set is greater than the compatibility level of the
> target
> database. "
>
> Says it all, in black and white, from Oracle, no less.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

You are correct. I was thinking 9i back to 8i and thinking LMT vs
Dictionary managed. Both of which are not necessarily issues here.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

ODMA_RBS Error while upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after clicking the Finish button error msg is "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Dirk Hmmm...Hard to say...Prove to use that you're not crazy: Go to a dos prompt, go to C:\ and D:\ and do a DIR command post results (bytes free) and we'll belive you. Dirk Schulz wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade > assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after > clicking the Finish button error msg is > "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to > create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting > upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" > > Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it > giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks in advance, > > Dirk > > The 51GB is on E, not on D? Just to give an example? -- Regards, ...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Oracle 8.1.7 32-Bit to Oracle 8.1.7 64-Bit
Hi I would much appreciate help We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Is the only way of extracting/inmporting the data via the exp/imp utitlity due to the change in bits? Is there any other way? Thanks Bob Bob wrote: > Hi I would much appreciate help > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX > 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Hi, a) Do you want to upgrade Oracle-Software from 32bit to 64bit? On Solaris, I know 32bit Oracle-Software runs also on 64bit Solaris, but I don't know about HP-UX. b) If you want or have to switch to Oracle 64 bit, then use can use the new 64bit oracle software on the "old" database, but you have to recompile all PL/SQL-procedures, no more. No exp/imp is necessary. - install 64bit Oracle-Software in a new $ORACLE_HOME - switch all environments to 64bit oracle and use it now - sqlplus "/ as sysdba" sql> startup restrict sql> @?/rdbms/admin/utlirp; sql> shutdown immediate sql> startup sql> @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp; sql> exit; --> ready! Eberhard Eberhard Niendorf <eberhard.niendorf_schrott@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<cnt89j$uor$05$1@news.t-online.com>... > Bob wrote: > > > Hi I would much appreciate help > > > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resid...

Upgrading Oracle 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4
Can somebody help me with the processof upgrading the Oracle Database server from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4 ? Thanks, Ram. ***************************************** * This message was posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2 ***************************************** "Ramanujam Paravastu via OracleMonster.com" <forum@OracleMonster.com> a �crit dans le message de news:73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2@OracleMonster.com... > Can somebody help me with the processof upgrading the Oracle Database server from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4 ? > > Thanks, > > Ram. > > ***************************************** > * This message was posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com > * > * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: > * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2 > ***************************************** Just follow the instructions in the README.html file you get with your patchset. -- Regards Michel Cadot I found the patch for UNIX systems, I would like to know the patch for Windows NT/2000 systems Please. Thanks. ***************************************** * A copy of the whole thread can be found at: * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/oracle-misc/2776 * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the fo...

Oracle Client 8.1.7 vs Client 9.1.2 and SQL
I have been given some conflicting information concerning 8.1.7 and 9.1.2 Clients and SQL queries. How does an 8.1.7 client pointing to 9i database cope with 9i (or higher) queries sent from a client application? Is there are relationship between client and SQL code? hello Pavle, 8.1.7 client talks to 9.2 and 8.1.7 database. 9.2 client talks to 9.2 and 8.1.7 database. The second option is perhaps preferable; for obvious reasons; but not required. And SQLcode is not downward compatible; has no relation to the client. Cheers, Roelof Schierbeek; DBA <pavle_sturma@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht ... > I have been given some conflicting information concerning 8.1.7 and > 9.1.2 Clients and SQL queries. > > How does an 8.1.7 client pointing to 9i database cope with 9i (or > higher) queries sent from a client application? > > Is there are relationship between client and SQL code? ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

JDBC thin driver TCP TIME_WAIT on ORACLE 8.1.7.2.1 (win2k server)
Hi, We are running IBM's WebSphere Application Server on several servers. They all use the same Oracle 8.1.7.2.1 database; the WebSphere servers have a Oracle 8.1.7.2.1 client installed but use the JDBC thin driver to connect to the database. We are running in a production environment; since using WebSphere, we see an enormous amount of TCP TIME_WAIT connections using netstat on the Oracle server. Most of them (around 800) are of the following form (wolnlztmpor01 is a WebSphere server, wolnlztmora01 is our database server and 1521 is its listener port): TCP wolnlztmora01:1521 WOLNLZTMPOR01:1741 TIME_WAIT We also see around 80 TCP connections like this (x and y are both ports>1024): TCP 127.0.0.1:x 127.0.0.1:y TIME_WAIT Closing all connections from the WebSphere server by stopping the java processes (and hence all JDBC connections) does not change anything. I have been studying some material on this topic, from which I conclude that on win2k server these TIME_WAIT connections should cease to exist after 240 seconds (configurable through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpTimedWaitDelay). Does it make sense to use a lower value here (60 seconds for example)? I also see people who recommend to stop the ORACLE listener process on a regular basis and clean up some ORACLE logs on the filesystem. Perhaps this is a known problem... is there a patch available? Please help, we are facing a deadline here. Regards, Hendrik On 23 Ja...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

How to migrate from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g Release 2
Hello all! On my first server installed oracle 8.1.7 and I want to transfer database from it to database my second server (oracle 10g Release2). How can I do this? Not sure what you mean. If you want to transfer the data from your 8.1.7 database into a 10.1.0.2 database .. then export/import are probably the best way to go. If possible upgrading the 8.1.7 database to 10.1.0.2 database might be faster. http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/to_pdf?pathname=3Dserver.102%2Fb14238.pdf&r= emark=3Dportal+%28Getting+Started%29 http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14238.pdf Oracle=AE Database Upgrade Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) B14238-01 -bdbafh ...

copy database from oracle 9 to 8.1.7
I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9). In my PRD, I have a full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape, I am going to restore PRD to my DEV. 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems 2) Create the PRD filesystems 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log. 4) This will restore the complete PRD system. Problem is that this restored system is a 8.1.7. But the one in DEV is 9 therefore the binary is different. Hence I need to upgrade this current copy to PRD by a. upgrade the cloned 8.1.7 database to 9.2.0 by running @?/rdbms/admin/u0801070.sql 5) In note 592393, it wrote "Switch from 8.1.7 to 9.x After the copy, you must execute all of the upgrade steps described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x. " Please advise. yls177 wrote: > I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9). In my PRD, I have a > full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape, > I am going to restore PRD to my DEV. > > 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems > 2) Create the PRD filesystems > 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b > <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is > tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log. > 4) This will restore th...

Different results between Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2
we came to an intesting point. We found out that we got on a 8.1.7 and 9.2 database different results in a query using a subselect in a where condition like SELECT REFISO.ISO FROM REFISO WHERE REFISO.ISO NOT IN ( SELECT AMRATE.ISO FROM AMRATE WHERE 'X' = 'Y') SELECT REFISO.ISO FROM REFISO WHERE REFISO.ISO NOT IN ( SELECT AMRATE.ISO FROM AMRATE WHERE ISO = 'Y') First returns on 9i no records the second the complete set of the table REFISO, what we also exxpected with first sql statement. Using 8.1.7 database both queries returns the same result set. Now we had a discussion with different colleques and they did not believe it until they have sawn it. What is what we haven recognized during the switch from 8.7 to 9i? Thanks for any comments Nicolas Nicolas Bronke wrote: > SELECT REFISO.ISO FROM REFISO WHERE REFISO.ISO NOT IN ( SELECT AMRATE.ISO > FROM AMRATE WHERE 'X' = 'Y') > Did you use single-quotes around the X? Try it again with double quotes around the X, then again without any quotes around the X. Same results? > > SELECT REFISO.ISO FROM REFISO WHERE REFISO.ISO NOT IN ( SELECT AMRATE.ISO > > FROM AMRATE WHERE 'X' = 'Y') > > > Did you use single-quotes around the X? Try it again with double quotes > around the X, then again without any quotes around the X. Same results? Yes, I uses single quotes. Without it does not make sense...

oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.4
Hi can I do it using exp/imp only? �ukasz Pachciarek ...::luq::.. wrote: > Hi > can I do it using exp/imp only? > > �ukasz Pachciarek Yes Holger >>> ..::luq::..<lukaszpem@poczta.onet.pl> 23.11.2004 08:39:18 >>> >can I do it using exp/imp only? May be (differs how your db is set up - dont use imp/exp full db!), but easyier and safer (may be even faster) with Migration Assistant ... regard Ralf PS: I migrated 2 DB Servers from 8i to 9iR2 in 2003; tooks app. 3h (with setup of System and DB 8h) ...::luq::.. wrote: > can I do it using exp/imp only? Yes. That's how I did it. But I had the luxury of building a new database on new hardware. The advantage of doing it that way is that our production instance was 100% unaffected until we cut over to the new box. I posted my notes on this newsgroup back in Jan or Feb. Google groups should have it. If you're not going to new hardware, I suppose you could do an export, recreate the database and then import. But I think you'd be better off using the migration assistant if you're going the "destructive" route. -- //-Walt // // ...::luq::.. wrote: > can I do it using exp/imp only? No, also the direct migration to 9.2.0.4 is possible and certified. There are a manual way and the GUI way with migration utility. Have a look in the doc. There are an extra document "migration". Eberhard ...

How to install oracle 8.1.7 database on linux 9
Hi, I want to install oracle 8i database on linux 9 or 8.I am beginner regarding using Linux. Could some one send me the steps to perform the installation of oracle 8i on linux 9 or 8. thanks faraz Oracle 8i has been desupported almost a year from now. If you don't want to read the installation manual this should be able to help you out http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml (which you could have found by a little Googling) -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Here on that forum I need information regarding installation of 8i on linux 9i. please inform me how should I install 8i on linux ? Thanks Faraz sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote: > Oracle 8i has been desupported almost a year from now. > If you don't want to read the installation manual this should be able > to help you out > > http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml > > (which you could have found by a little Googling) > > -- > > Sybrand Bakker > Senior Oracle DBA On 11 Oct 2005 01:14:04 -0700, "AHM" <r4656@hotmail.com> wrote: >Here on that forum I need information regarding installation of 8i on > linux 9i. > >please inform me how should I install 8i on linux ? > >Thanks > >Faraz Faraz, To install 8.1.7 is useless and you are wasting your time. Apart from that, assuming you have access to OTN, do you have any problem reading the installation manual, or is that asked too much? -- Sybrand Bakker, Seni...

Execution plan differ from oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2
Hi, I'm setting up a new oracle server with oracle 9.2 on win2K here's an exection plan on my old database (8.1.7) : Operation Object Name Rows Bytes Cost Object Node In/Out PStart PStop INSERT STATEMENT Optimizer Mode=CHOOSE 11 49 NESTED LOOPS 11 341 49 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID PROSPECT 11 143 5 INDEX RANGE SCAN PROSPECT_I_PRO_POSTAL_PRO 11 3 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID TRANSAC 460 8 K 4 INDEX RANGE SCAN TRANSAC_ID_UEF_NUM_IDX 460 3 here's the execution plan on my new server for the same sql : Operation Object Name Rows Bytes Cost Object Node In/Out PStart PStop INSERT STATEMENT Optimizer Mode=CHOOSE 477 1369 FILTER HASH JOIN 477 16 K 1369 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID TRANSAC 458 8 K 1357 INDEX RANGE SCAN TRANSAC_TYPE_IDX 13 137 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID PROSPECT 130 K 2 M 10 INDEX RANGE SCAN PROSPECT_I_PRO_POSTAL_PRO 23 K 2 Maybe someone know why i got a Filter and Hash join on the new one ... i don't have any hint on my query It kill the performance Here's the sql command : INSERT INTO rpt_transac_correspondance (id_uef, job_id, t_type, dt_tran) SELECT id_uef, :v001, t_type, dt_tran FROM prospect, transac trs WHERE pro_no_id_uef = trs.id_uef AND TO_DATE (dt_tran, 'yyyymmdd') BETWEEN TO_DATE (:v002, 'yyyy/mm/dd') ...

upgrade oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2, with backup filesystem
hi, i am in the midst of doing an oracle update as suggested by my subject post. In addition, i am thinking of doing a copy of all my sapdata, /oracle/SID and related files, directories to another place. This is so that when my upgrade fails, i can always copy these "copied stuff" back and i get my oracle 8.1.7 back instantly. what is your opinion? "yls177" <yls177@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c06e4d68.0407250241.9037c96@posting.google.com... > hi, i am in the midst of doing an oracle update as suggested by my > subject post. In addition, i am thinking of > doing a copy of all my sapdata, /oracle/SID and related files, > directories to another place. This is so that when > my upgrade fails, i can always copy these "copied stuff" back and i > get my oracle 8.1.7 back instantly. > > what is your opinion? why not just do a backup, always a chance you will miss something doing it yor way On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:41:28 -0700, yls177 wrote: > hi, i am in the midst of doing an oracle update as suggested by my > subject post. In addition, i am thinking of > doing a copy of all my sapdata, /oracle/SID and related files, > directories to another place. This is so that when > my upgrade fails, i can always copy these "copied stuff" back and i > get my oracle 8.1.7 back instantly. > > what is your opinion? Jesus saves and so should you. Do backups. My opinion is that if you started...

Oracle Update 8.1.7.0.0 -> 8.1.7.4.1
I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. Any suggestions??? Please help me! Regards, Stephan buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French > Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 > Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event > Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and > also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. > > Any suggestions??? > Please help me! > > Regards, > Stephan No suggestions by anyone I am afraid, as your post provides nothing to work on apart form vague clues like 'lot of errors of oradim.exe' We need *exact* errors, not *paraphrased* ones. We didn't look over your shoulder when it happened, did we? Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0401290213.913f792@posting.google.com>... > buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLI...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Re: [Uniface-L] How to connect Uniface 7.2.03 with Oracle 9i using sqlnet 8.1.7 #2
Hi Florencio, I have understood your problem.=20 If you can find the right driver for 7.2.03 to connect to a Oracle 9i data= base via sqlnet 8.1.7 - I think - it could work... By the way, what platform do you use=3F Regards, J=F6rg Uniface User Group Discussion Forum <uniface-l@uug.org> schrieb am 14.03.0= 5 15:36:19: Hi J=F6rg, Thanks for your help. But we have three critical applications and rigth now we cannot migrate it. I understand that if use the correct driver it will be possible, but I'm not sure. Thanks again. Florencio Vargas. -----...

Issues with Uniface upgrade v.7.2.06 to v.8.4.04 (Windows XP, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL* Net)
Hi, We are currently trying to upgrade from Uniface 7.2.06 to 8.4.04. Windows XP, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL* Net I did the following so far. Installed the Uniface Version 8.4.04 with SOLID on my local pc (Windows XP Prof) I was able to start the application and the IDF enviroment was able to view. Since we are using Oracle 8.1.7 as our database, I created the new schema with required permissions. I crated the repository in Oracle (SID DEV1) by running the sql scripts from the installation folder C:\Program Files\Compuware\Uniface\sql\ora4*.sql Modified the Asssingment fi...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

Web resources about - Transport tablespace between oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2 - comp.databases.oracle.server

tablespace.net - Homepage for William Favorite
Homepage for William Favorite - Technology and historical map resources.

Data model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A high-level data model in business or for any functional area is an abstract model that documents and organizes the business data for communication ...

ADC WorldMap Digital Atlas v6.1 Quote Form
ADC WorldMap Digital Atlas Quote Form.

HOPE Festival seeks ‘Do One Thing’ submissions and volunteers
ORONO — The 19th HOPE (Help Organize Peace Earthwide) Festival will be held 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at the Student Recreation and ...

BMC Buys Database Automation Firm GridApp
Shares of enterprise software maker BMC Software ( BMC ) are up 11 cents at $45.87 after the company this morning said it acquired 8-year-old ...

Demonstrations - BMC Software
Automatically identify IT components and configurations, and interpret raw, discovered data from individual software processes to large-scale, ...

With InnoDB’s Transportable Tablespaces, Recovering Data from Stranded .ibd Files is a Thing of the Past ...
Chris Calender on MySQL, Tips, Tricks, Recipes, Advanced Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, Data Recovery, Corruption, SkySQL, Chris Calendar ...

Oracle releases beta for Express Edition of 11g database
Oracle 11g Express Edition, the free-of-charge version of Oracle's flagship database, is now in beta.

Database Management Articles for MS SQL. Oracle, DB2, Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL & PHP - Database Journal ...
Database Journal features contain database articles related to various database systems including MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL ...

AWS Direct Connect Enabled Services - Datapipe
Datapipe AWS Direct Connect Enable Services - High Performance Managed Databases