unable to install oracle 9.2.0.1 Java problem on FreeBSD 4.7

Hi,

    I use FreeBSD 4.7 and I try to intall oracle for personnal use, but when
I try to start the installation I always have the same error message.

su-2.04$ Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
/tmp/OraInstall2003-01-11_06-34-36AM/jre/bin/java. Please wait...
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505002B9
#
# Problematic Thread:

    I install a lot on java package from the port ...

    I try with linux_base 6 or 7 and I always have the same error, I follow
all the instruction from the FreeBSD.org web site.

    I'm using gnome2-2.0_4.

    Where's the problem, Do I forget to install a java port ?

    Thx u

    S.

0
mrnorton (2)

"Frank" <fbortel@home.nl> wrote in message news:3E23280F.4060202@home.nl...
> Seb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I use FreeBSD 4.7 and I try to intall oracle for personnal use, but
when
> > I try to start the installation I always have the same error message.
> >
> > su-2.04$ Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
> > /tmp/OraInstall2003-01-11_06-34-36AM/jre/bin/java. Please wait...
> > #
> > # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
> > # Please report this error at
> > # http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
> > #
> > # Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505002B9
> > #
> > # Problematic Thread:
> >
> >     I install a lot on java package from the port ...
> >
> >     I try with linux_base 6 or 7 and I always have the same error, I
follow
> > all the instruction from the FreeBSD.org web site.
> >
> >     I'm using gnome2-2.0_4.
> >
> >     Where's the problem, Do I forget to install a java port ?
> >
> >     Thx u
> >
> >     S.
> >

> unset LANG
> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
>
> and retry. Works for RH, but RH is a certified platform...
>
> Frank

I put it into .profile but nothing change, always the same error.

0
mrnorton (2)

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Comparisons Oracle 11.1.0.7 to Oracle 10.2.0.4
I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it has turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Windows Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gives some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regarding new features useable for us. Has someone made similar comparison results? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: snip > I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it ha= s > turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to > the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Window= s > Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gi= ves > some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regard= ing > new features useable for us. > > Has someone made similar comparison results? That has not been the case for us but we are running on Linux 64 bit systems. When you say "on test computers" that makes me nervous. One has to be very careful to get identical environments. One has to look very carefully at oracle settings between the environments. On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: > I have made some performance...

Problem installing Oracle Designer 9.0.2.0.1
Hi everyone, I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of installation and the message is : Dependencies: Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home. If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. -- Haji Syed, Hassan On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 03:18:13 GMT, "hajisyed" <hajisyed@rogers.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to >install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of >installation and the message is : > >Dependencies: >Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher >Oracle Home. > >If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. You should have installed Designer first. And you need to install Designer in a *different* Oracle home, which can be accomplished by changing Oracle home in the installer. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

Re-installing Eudora 4.2 or Over-installing 7.1.0.9 over 4.2?
Sad, but true, folks: You will never be rid of me in this group. :) Here's my situation. A friend is running 4.2 on her Win-XP machine. She's getting all kinds of errors ... runtime this, .dll that .... I don't have the technical details, but these problems are out of my league to repair. I tried installing a system backup from before the problem began, but no luck. 1. I have the Eudora 4.2 install disk from Qualcomm. Would it be easiest to merely reinstall that over (in the same directory) the flawed 4.2? A. If so, what can I do to preserve her existi...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p7, Oracle 9.2.0.4
Hello, I tried to install Oracle 9 on FreeBSD, but during the installation, it's always blocked (freeze) at 66%, java runtime environment ( JRE ), I tried, all the Linux-Blackdown version and also all the Linux-sun-jdk ports without succes. I followed step by step http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200402/oracle.html. Any one have a Idea, where's my error ? thx Seb On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:49:40 -0400, Seb wrote: > Hello, > > I tried to install Oracle 9 on FreeBSD, but during the installation, > it's > always blocked (freeze) at 66%, java runtime environment ( JRE ), I tried, > all the Linux-Blackdown version and also all the Linux-sun-jdk ports > without succes. > > I followed step by step > http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200402/oracle.html. > > Any one have a Idea, where's my error ? > > thx > > Seb Hello, A long time ago I installed Oracle 9i on FreeBSD by following this very good guide: http://www.shadowcom.net/freebsd-oracle9i/ I don't remember having any such problems (but it was not the same FreeBSD & 9i versions...) You might want to read the steps in the afformentionned page. Otherwise have you checked the OUI log files? Jerome Jerome Vitalis wrote: > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:49:40 -0400, Seb wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> I tried to install Oracle 9 on FreeBSD, but during the >> installation, >> i...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.4
Hi can I do it using exp/imp only? �ukasz Pachciarek ...::luq::.. wrote: > Hi > can I do it using exp/imp only? > > �ukasz Pachciarek Yes Holger >>> ..::luq::..<lukaszpem@poczta.onet.pl> 23.11.2004 08:39:18 >>> >can I do it using exp/imp only? May be (differs how your db is set up - dont use imp/exp full db!), but easyier and safer (may be even faster) with Migration Assistant ... regard Ralf PS: I migrated 2 DB Servers from 8i to 9iR2 in 2003; tooks app. 3h (with setup of System and DB 8h) ...::luq::.. wrote: > can I do it using exp/imp only? Yes. That's how I did it. But I had the luxury of building a new database on new hardware. The advantage of doing it that way is that our production instance was 100% unaffected until we cut over to the new box. I posted my notes on this newsgroup back in Jan or Feb. Google groups should have it. If you're not going to new hardware, I suppose you could do an export, recreate the database and then import. But I think you'd be better off using the migration assistant if you're going the "destructive" route. -- //-Walt // // ...::luq::.. wrote: > can I do it using exp/imp only? No, also the direct migration to 9.2.0.4 is possible and certified. There are a manual way and the GUI way with migration utility. Have a look in the doc. There are an extra document "migration". Eberhard ...

Problem:installing oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 error!!!!!!
I installing the oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 . What I do is following the install manual, ( 1.mount oracle cd-rom on /mnt directory 2.su - oracle oracle>mkdir $ORACLE_HOME/link oracle>/mnt/start.sh oracle>$ORACLE_HOME/link/orainst/orainst when the orainst intsaller ready to install the oracle to UNIX os,the erorr is FILE NOT FOUND..... but have some problems when running the orainst ...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Oracle Update 8.1.7.0.0 -> 8.1.7.4.1
I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. Any suggestions??? Please help me! Regards, Stephan buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French > Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 > Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event > Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and > also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. > > Any suggestions??? > Please help me! > > Regards, > Stephan No suggestions by anyone I am afraid, as your post provides nothing to work on apart form vague clues like 'lot of errors of oradim.exe' We need *exact* errors, not *paraphrased* ones. We didn't look over your shoulder when it happened, did we? Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0401290213.913f792@posting.google.com>... > buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLI...

Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?
On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think that i've to upgrade to that version? (sorry for my english) MariMax wrote: > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? > > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think > that i've to upgrade to that version? > > (sorry for my english) It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes. To see which, log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note. Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to upgrade to the latest version and then investigate. "Why wait for spring - do it now!" (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.) /Hans Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>... > MariMax wrote: > > > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > > Do ...

Solaris 64bit: JRE 1.4.2 not installed by 9.2.0.7 Patch Set install
Note:308895.1, 9.2.0.7 Patch Set - Known Issues, points to Note:4711930.8 Subject: Bug 4711930 "When installing the 9.2.0.7 64-bit Patch Set on Solaris 64bit JRE 1.4.2 is not installed if the current ORACLE_HOME is at 9.2.0.4 (or lower)." What is this jre used for? What does this break? I am late finding this note and have not tested the fix, which is to patch to 9.2.0.6 before 9.2.0.7. If I install 9.2.0.7 and find I need this jre the note says to patch for bug 3870317. The note also says, "If 9.2.0.7 has already been installed then install the patch for bug 3870317 . This should install the JRE into the ORACLE_HOME." This link to 3870317 leads nowhere. I think that JRE is for the latest OUI ( universal installer ). We are sitting at 9.2.0.6 right now. Too many things appear broken in 9.2.0.7 at least in my environment ( hpux ). What specifically do you need 9.2.0.7 to fix? 9.2.0.6 had it's share of issues but is relatively stable. For me, I am on hold waiting to see 9.2.0.8 or maybe migrate to 10.2 before then. hpuxrac wrote: > I think that JRE is for the latest OUI ( universal installer ). > > We are sitting at 9.2.0.6 right now. Too many things appear broken in > 9.2.0.7 at least in my environment ( hpux ). I'm also 9206/hpux, but not rac. If I may ask, what appears broken? Anything non-rac? Security patches? jg -- @home.com is bogus. http://www.bongonews.com/layout4.php?event=575&topic= Joel Garry wrote: ...

Problem Installing Oracle 9.2.0.1 on AIX 5.3 ML03
I am having problems installing Oracle 9.2 on AIX 5.3 ML03 I have installed the 28 fixes for the IY76140 - CHILD PROCESS UNABLE TO LOAD A MODULE (bos.sysmgt.nim.master.5.3.0.40.bff & devices.vdevice.hvterm-protocol.rte.5.3.0.40.bff didnt install cos the prequisites werent installed). Basically what is happening is the server is hanging before exporting anything to the desktop, due to the following error: $ The Java RunTime Environment was not found at /tmp/ OraInstall2007-03-12_08-50-28PM/jre/bin/java. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.3.1 or higher and try again. : No such file or directory When i look in the /tmp/Ora* directory there is no jre folder. I have java installed at /usr/java131 and /usr/java5 - I have tried with each of these available from the path. B On 12 Mar 2007 10:04:49 -0700, "bomahony" <bomahony@gmail.com> wrote: >I am having problems installing Oracle 9.2 on AIX 5.3 ML03 > >I have installed the 28 fixes for the IY76140 - CHILD PROCESS UNABLE >TO LOAD A MODULE (bos.sysmgt.nim.master.5.3.0.40.bff & >devices.vdevice.hvterm-protocol.rte.5.3.0.40.bff didnt install cos the >prequisites werent installed). > >Basically what is happening is the server is hanging before exporting >anything to the desktop, due to the following error: >$ The Java RunTime Environment was not found at /tmp/ >OraInstall2007-03-12_08-50-28PM/j...

Problem Installing Oracle 9.2.0.1 on AIX 5.3 ML03
I am having problems installing Oracle 9.2 on AIX 5.3 ML03 I have installed the 28 fixes for the IY76140 - CHILD PROCESS UNABLE TO LOAD A MODULE (bos.sysmgt.nim.master.5.3.0.40.bff & devices.vdevice.hvterm-protocol.rte.5.3.0.40.bff didnt install cos the prequisites werent installed). Basically what is happening is the server is hanging before exporting anything to the desktop, due to the following error: $ The Java RunTime Environment was not found at /tmp/ OraInstall2007-03-12_08-50-28PM/jre/bin/java. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft....

Oracle 9.2.0.1 installation on Solaris 9
Hello all, I have installed 'enterprise editon' of 64-bit Oracle 9i(9.2.0.1) on a solaris 9 machine. I use the library(libclntst9.a) from this installation to link my OCI code. But I am facing symbol referencing errors as follows: ------- kolacbktab /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kola.o) kpupftv7 /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ttcdrv.o) kgupntb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupi.o) slxlobc /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) slxlobj /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpupft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lpmiftfs /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lpmpgif.o) ncrov /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupn.o) ldxpmxa /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ldxsti.o) slxlcbk /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpudft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lxsftb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxocmpst.o) ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .... ------- This code used to work fine when I was using Oracle 8.1.7 with libclntst8.a While trying to look for solutions I observed that another machine which also has Oracle 9.2.0.1 installed has a libclntst9.a with a larger size. If I use the library from this second machine the OCI code compiles without errors The on...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

Web resources about - unable to install oracle 9.2.0.1 Java problem on FreeBSD 4.7 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Comcast failed to install Internet for 10 months then demanded $60,000 in fees
Despite all appearances, Comcast Business wasn't available at SmartCar's address. (credit: Comcast ) Nearly a year ago, a Silicon Valley startup ...

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...