Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3

Hello All,
I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or
9.2.0.4.  Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4?

Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying
9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start
again?

Thanks
Kumu

Hello Kumu,

  What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you
experience?

  You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your
situation.

  New patches can introduce new problems as you can see,

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

"kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or
> 9.2.0.4.  Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4?
>
> Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying
> 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start
> again?
>
> Thanks
> Kumu

0
support3638 (129)
2/17/2004 7:54:26 AM
"Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>...
> Hello Kumu,
>
>   What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you
> experience?
>
>   You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your
> situation.
>
>   New patches can introduce new problems as you can see,
>
> Regards,
>
>   Ron
>   DBA Infopower
>   http://www.dbainfopower.com
>   Standard disclaimer:
> http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html
>

> "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or
> > 9.2.0.4.  Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4?
> >
> > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying
> > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start
> > again?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kumu

um, how about security fixes, having a working export utility, or in
attempting to avoid brain-dead CBO functionality?

9.2.0.3 was not production grade, IMHO.
9.2.0.4 was a bare minimum patchset on which to migrate to, but that
was for our environment.

>   New patches can introduce new problems as you can see
and oracle supports' typical first response is to upgrade to the
current patchset.

I would prefer to not do battle with solved problems.

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)
2/17/2004 3:59:47 PM
kumu wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or
> 9.2.0.4.  Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4?
>
> Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying
> 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start
> again?
>
> Thanks
> Kumu

9.2.0.4. The only thing I would recommend is that you read the
instructions before applying the patch. OPATCH is a very nasty
piece of software that Oracle should have replaced long ago.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel
2/17/2004 4:17:08 PM
drak0nian@yahoo.com (Paul Drake) wrote in message news:<1ac7c7b3.0402170759.4844d23c@posting.google.com>...
> "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>...
> > Hello Kumu,
> >
> >   What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you
> > experience?
> >
> >   You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your
> > situation.
> >
> >   New patches can introduce new problems as you can see,
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >   Ron
> >   DBA Infopower
> >   http://www.dbainfopower.com
> >   Standard disclaimer:
> > http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html
> >

> > "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello All,
> > > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or
> > > 9.2.0.4.  Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4?
> > >
> > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying
> > > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start
> > > again?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Kumu
>
> um, how about security fixes, having a working export utility, or in
> attempting to avoid brain-dead CBO functionality?
>
> 9.2.0.3 was not production grade, IMHO.
> 9.2.0.4 was a bare minimum patchset on which to migrate to, but that
> was for our environment.
>
> >   New patches can introduce new problems as you can see
> and oracle supports' typical first response is to upgrade to the
> current patchset.
>
> I would prefer to not do battle with solved problems.
>
> Pd

Ron,

funny, this same thread is being visited on oracle-l @freelists.com.
(thanks to Chris D for the metalink note ref)

See Metalink note 209768.1 - Database & iAS Software Error Correction Support

If you have support, please review the doc at:
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/docs/284348.PDF

If you don't have support, you don't have access to patchsets, so the point it moot.

so there you have it.

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)
2/17/2004 7:47:56 PM
Is there ever a time when you DON'T recommend reading the instructions before
patching??  :-)

In article <1077034585.564339@yasure>, Daniel Morgan
<damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote:

>9.2.0.4. The only thing I would recommend is that you read the
>instructions before applying the patch. OPATCH is a very nasty
>piece of software that Oracle should have replaced long ago.
0
jeff8860 (177)
2/18/2004 6:39:12 PM
Daniel Morgan wrote:

> kumu wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>> I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or
>> 9.2.0.4.  Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4?
>>
>> Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying
>> 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start
>> again?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Kumu
>

> 9.2.0.4. The only thing I would recommend is that you read the
> instructions before applying the patch. OPATCH is a very nasty
> piece of software that Oracle should have replaced long ago.

Definitely 9.2.0.4.  You always want to go with the latest published
patch, no matter how scary the list of bug fixes in the release notes
might seem. ;-)

It is easier, IMHO, to create a new database under the latest release
than it is to migrate from an older release, so take into account how
many of each type (new vs. migrated) you have to deal with.

I have been mildly burned several times (comes with the territory), when
picking a date for upgrading the production site a number of months in
advance.   After running through a gauntlet of testing, it seems no
sooner do you complete the upgrade, than Oracle inevitably announces a
new patch release, and at that point, any ORA-00600 or ORA-07445 errors
are immediately met with, 'did you install the latest patch?'

To be fair to Oracle, I have at least once been successful in
documenting a bug whose fix they consented to back-port to 9.2.0.3, even
though the initial response was, "that is fixed in version 10".  So, as
previously stated, paid-for support in a commercial environment can
actually be worth it.

--Mark Bole

0
makbo (354)
2/19/2004 3:21:26 AM
jeff@work.com (Jeff) wrote in message news:<c10bgg$2qg$1@cronkite.cc.uga.edu>...
> Is there ever a time when you DON'T recommend reading the instructions before
> patching??  :-)
>

> In article <1077034585.564339@yasure>, Daniel Morgan
> <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> >9.2.0.4. The only thing I would recommend is that you read the
> >instructions before applying the patch. OPATCH is a very nasty
> >piece of software that Oracle should have replaced long ago.

ya sure.
when you apply the latest patchet on a server prior to creating a database.
no database, no worries.

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)
2/19/2004 6:20:02 AM
In article <1ac7c7b3.0402182220.1f1021fd@posting.google.com>, drak0nian@yahoo.com (Paul Drake) wrote:
>jeff@work.com (Jeff) wrote in message
>> Is there ever a time when you DON'T recommend reading the instructions before
>> patching??  :-)

>ya sure.
>when you apply the latest patchet on a server prior to creating a database.
>no database, no worries.
>
>Pd

Oh, thbbthbt!  :-b  :-)
0
jeff8860 (177)

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

optimizer_features_enable difference between 9.2.0.1/9..2.0.3/9.2.0.6?
Hi, All, I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle document says: Syntax OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | 9.2.0} I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and exact same init.ora, oracle CBO did choose different plan. So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. Where can we get such information about the difference? Thanks On 12 Jul 2005 23:37:28 -0700, "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote: > So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. >Where can we get such information about the difference? Usually such things are outlined either in the release notes or in the new features documents. Documents that obviously no one reads. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121236648.759298.79320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All, > I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle > document says: > Syntax > OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | > 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | > 9.2.0} > > > I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version > 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 10g Upgradation testing
Hi All, We are upgrading our database from Oracle 9i to 10g. Our development environment is Ascential Datastage ETL Tool Our project has been already developed by some other team and now only database upgradation is happening. Need some clarifications and solutions 1) How we can get to know all these objects are properly upgraded 2) What can be the best testing strategy for testing all these database objects like tables, functions, procedures , views, sequences etc. If any similar document has been prepared by any of the projects, please send to my mail id 3) Is there anything we need to do change in any of the objects to make compatible with 10g. like any functions that has to be replaced or datatype mismatching etc ..... 4) The type of testing needs to be done for different database objects. Thanks cdprasad Check out the 10g Database Upgrade guide where you'll find how to develop a sound testing plan. ----- �changez opinions et commentaires dans les forums de discussion. http://www.usenetgratuit.com/ On Nov 22, 9:45 am, cdprasad....@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > We are upgrading our database from Oracle 9i to 10g. > Our development environment is Ascential Datastage ETL Tool > > Our project has been already developed by some other team and now only > database upgradation is happening. > > Need some clarifications and solutions > 1) How we can get to know all these objects are properly upgraded > > 2) What can be the b...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle Upgrade 9.0 to 9.2
I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the Oracle to 9.2. I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, create the needed tablespace, then do the import. This way we will not see any odd problem. Please advise if this is true. Thanks. Jw. "John Wood" <jwood@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8IaEb.102405$bC.38876@clgrps13>... > I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the > Oracle to 9.2. > I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full > export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, > create the needed tablespace, then do the import. > > This way we will not see any odd problem. > > Please advise if this is true. > > Thanks. > > Jw. The best advise you can get is not from useless hearsay like the one you got, but by reading the upgrade manual. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA "John Wood" <jwood@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8IaEb.102405$bC.38876@clgrps13... > I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the > Oracle to 9.2. > I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full > export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, > create the needed tablespace, then do the import....

upgrate from 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.7.0
how to upgrade.... storm pixie wrote: > how to upgrade.... You grab the upgrade download and install it. Or you re-install from a complete base version. No rocket science, just follow the instructions. On 17 May 2006 17:55:59 -0700, "storm pixie" <amit.dba@gmail.com> wrote: >how to upgrade.... go to metalink download patch. find readme.html in the patch dowloaded follow test on non-production system first when it doubt, re-read the readme. ........ We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 remove NSPAM to email Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support ...

update Oracle from 10.2.0.2.0 to 10.2.0.2.0
Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 bit. Thank you very much. "keekee" <moongeegee@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: f3b21ed0-12fd-4812-b9da-60cf59d508b9@i9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... | Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 | bit. | Thank you very much. On Metalink (My Oracle Support). https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html Regards Michel ...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > I have installed > Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) > on Fedora Core 1 > the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. > > Denis ALEXANDRE > Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France > http://www.alexnet.fr/ > > P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. > This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. > > Great - after this coming out in the open, do you care to explain how you installed Portal Rel 1 in a 9.2 instance? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Frank wrote: > alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > >> I have installed >> Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, >> Reports6i) >> on Fedora Core 1 >> the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. >> >> Denis ALEXANDRE >> Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France >> http://www.alexnet.fr/ >> >> P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System >> since 1987. >...

Linux: Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed with Philippe ALEXANDRE on a laptop Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. ...

How to upgrade a DB from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.7 ???
Dear all, I've just upgraded my Oracle software to version 9.2.0.7 because it corrects a bug found in 9.2.0.1. OK, now the bug disappeared... but .... Now I cannot use anymore IMP and EXP. I face the following error : ------------8<------------------8<------------------ C:\Temp>exp ME/password@database file=exp_file owner=ME Export: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on Tue Oct 4 15:22:06 2005 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set About to export specified users ... .. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions .. exporting foreign function library names for user ME .. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms .. exporting private type synonyms .. exporting object type definitions for user ME EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered ORA-00942: table or view does not exist EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully ------------8<------------------8<------------------ I looked for upgrade scripts/tools/info and the like... localy and on the net (metalink, asktom, usenet, etc) without luck so far. I found CATEXP.SQL and CATPATCH.SQL in %ORA_HOME%\rdbms\admin, but can't tell wether this is for 9.2.0.1 or 9.2.0.7... ...

oracle 9.2.0.1.0 questions
Hi! I have some weeks ago installed oracle 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise version. Now I need the transparent gateway for microsoft sql server 2000. I started the oracle universal installer on my oracle server and selected custom. There I selected oracle transparent gateways 9.2.0.1.0 for sql server. Now my problem: In the oracle 9i database window I see that 1 product (oracle database 9.2.0.1.0) will be deinstalled. Also under new installation is 1 product (oracle database 9.2.0.1.0) shown. Why makes the oracle universal installer a deinstallation of my oracle 9.2.0.1.0? I have nothing marked to deinstall. I have oracle enterprise version installed. When I add any software component of oracle is that the right way to do with the custom selection in the oracle universal installer window? Thanks! ...

Windows Oracle 9.2.0.2.1
Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and patch set 9.2.0.2.1? I tried to find it at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the 64-bit version. Thanks, Wardell Castles Install 9.2.0.1.0, then apply patch 9.2.0.2.1. Patch can be downloaded from the metalink.oracle.com... search for Microsoft Windows 32 bit patches for 9.2.0. Regards /Rauf wardellcastles@hotmail.com (Wardell Castles) wrote in message news:<65f20689.0410080816.769c2562@posting.google.com>... > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles Wardell Castles wrote: > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles There is no such thing as a Developers copy and I can't imagine why you would want anything less than the current patchset. Go to http://store.oracle.com Pic...

oracle 9.2.0.4.0 red hat 9
Hi, I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run dbca, I get this error: /hutch/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference (libzip.so) Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM The strange thing about this is that I've installed Java 1.4.2. Why is it looking for Java 1.1.8? I did notice in the Oracle installer interface that it was installing Java 1.1.8. Is Java 1.1.8 a permananet part of the Oracle installer? Thanks for any advice, tglahn17 wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During > runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the > target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the > assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get > installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter > database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run > dbca, I get this error: > > /hutch/oracle/jre...

select rowid help for oracle 9.2.0.2.0
hi, i'm hoping someone can help me with this. here's the scenerio, i have a million row table a and i do the following: begin for i in ( select /*+ full(a) */ a_column from a) loop null; end loop; end; / runtime: 2 minutes now, i try the following: begin for i in ( select /*+ full(a) */ rowid from a) loop null; end loop; end; / runtime: 10+ minutes (i've never waited long enough for it to complete) i do not know how to explain the difference in time. i believe this is a pl/sql bug. i can do a [select /*+ full(a) */ a_column from a] or [select /*+ full(a) */ rowid from a] in sqlplus with no difference in runtime. i ran into this issue after upgrading from 8.1.7.4.0 to 9.2.0.2.0. if anyone has any ideas or can help that would be great (before i create a TAR). thanks in advance. -maurice ps --> the OS is SunOS 5.8 I've just repeated the test in 9.2.0.4 It's a bug. Check your memory usage (session statistics session uga memory session uga memory max session pga memory session pga memory max ) the version selecting the rowid leaked about 20MB of memory when I ran your test with 200,000 rows. It also took about 20 times as long as the version selecting a numeric column. I haven't investigated it any further - just send your test case to Oracle with a simple create table as select from all_objects to start it off. -- Regards Jonathan Lewis http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.u...

Web resources about - Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...