upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0

Hi,

   I  have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for
window version 32 bits,

does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step
doing it.

many thanks

leehi

0
leehistar (1)

leehi wrote:

>    I  have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for
> window version 32 bits,

Windows NT4?  W2k?  W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2?

Why stop ot 9.2.0.5?

leehi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I  have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for
> window version 32 bits,
>
> does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step
> doing it.
>
> many thanks
>
> leehi

Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI
required).
Click on Patches and Updates tab.
Wait for the whole screen to load.
Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick
Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207).
When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the
piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon).  Read all the
instructions.  It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you
do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it.
The readme is usually also included with the patch.
Download and unzip the patch.
Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional
release notes.
Look around on metalink for additional instructions if you are using
other products besides the database, such as the application server.
Backup your database and installation.
Follow the instructions.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"A basinet, jello shooters, green naked people, beer, fish tacos...

0
joel-garry (4553)
3/17/2006 9:12:39 PM
On 17 Mar 2006 12:02:00 -0800, "leehi" <leehistar@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   I  have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for
>window version 32 bits,
>
>does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step
>doing it.

1) download 9.2.0.5 patch from metalink
2) read the readme.html, it has 'step-by-step' information.
We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
remove NSPAM to email