verity oracle version

i'm using HPUX 10.20...how cai retrive oracle version that install in the server....what command can i used to verufy the version..TQ

forum3242 (75)
12/22/2004 5:51:36 AM
comp.databases.oracle.server 21856 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> i'm using HPUX 10.20...how cai retrive oracle version that install in the server....what command can i used to verufy the version..TQ

select * from v$version;

Regards
HJR
0
hjr (2065)
12/22/2004 6:12:31 AM
error message shows....

su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

forum3242 (75)
12/22/2004 9:51:45 AM
Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> error message shows....
>
> su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

Try it again -only this time, type what I actually wrote.

There is nothing wrong with the suggested syntx.

Select * from v$version;

And if you get an error, use cut and paste to show me what you typed and
what the exact response is.

HJR
0
hjr (2065)
12/22/2004 9:58:49 AM

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote on 22.12.2004 10:51:

> error message shows....
>
> su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

You did run this using SQL*Plus, did you?

i just login in oracle and type the command that you give but cant...do i have to used SQL Plus...how do i to do that....i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...thank you

forum3242 (75)
12/24/2004 1:56:36 AM
Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:

> i just login in oracle and type the command that you give but cant...do i have to used SQL Plus...how do i to do that....i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...thank you

I doubt anyone here has the time or the bandwidth to teach you basic
Oracle skills. Yes you need SQL*Plus, or an equivalent third-party
product. But more importantly you need to take a class from a local
college, university, or from Oracle Ed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

DA
12/24/2004 5:15:36 AM
Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> i just login in oracle

No. You ran some sort of application first, otherwise you can't log in.
What application was it?

> and type the command that you give but cant...

Explain "can't". Show what you typed, and what responses you got back.
Otherwise all is guesswork. Practice those cut-and-paste skills.

> do i have to used SQL Plus...

No, but you have to recognise a SQL command when one is offered to you,
and it therefore follows that you have to know how to issue one when needed.

>how do i to do that....

You first of all stop wasting everyone else's time. And then you invest
some of your own time in learning the absolute basics of how to work
with, interact with, and manage an Oracle database.

Go visit http://tahiti.oracle.com, select whatever you think might be
your version, and then select the list of Books. Find the one called
"concepts guide", and read it. Don't ask any more questions until you do.

> i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...

I charge about $750 a day for doing so. No-one here will teach you
step-by-step for free. Invest a minimum amount of effort yourself in
reading the basic Oracle literature, then come back and ask meaningful
questions.

I don't want to sound unduly harsh, but your statements are a bit like
saying "I can't get Windows to work. How do I switch my PC on?" You are
a long way behind, and need to catch up. Visit that website and spend
the next few days doing precisely that.

Regards
HJR

thank you

0
hjr (2065)

Oracle SOA Online Training | Online Oracle SOA Training | Training Oracle SOA Online
SUN IT Labs is the best leading Online Training Institute in the World we a= re providing Oracle SOA Online Training with efficient Oracle SOA professio= nal trainers. Every one says this about their Institutes but they many not = reach your expectation because they have not efficient resources like profe= ssional trainers and materials related to the course. We have more than 10 = years experienced professional Oracle SOA trainers and we are also providin= g complete material that covers each and every topic related to Oracle SOA.= We have completed more than 200 Oracle SOA batches thr...

How to ensure only one process accesses a record in Oracle database table
We have multiple processes running in parallel accessing the same database table in Oracle. The processes access the table thru a trigger and a stored procedure written for the trigger. We want only one process to pick a record and update it with a status. Is it possible to lock a record in Oracle ? Can any one tell me how we can achieve this? Thanks, Srini On 12 Oct 2004 00:27:46 -0700, aone1504@yahoo.com (Srini) wrote: >We have multiple processes running in parallel accessing the same >database table in Oracle. The processes access the table thru a >trigger and a stored procedu...

Graph incorrect (Ac 97) when more versions MSOffice?
Hi there, I have a MsGraph-chart in my report. I just want to display a graph for each record (just plain bars for a value each year, nothing fancy) On one PC where only Access 97 is installed everything works fine. On my production-PC where I have installed several Office versions (all in different folders) some graphs just NOT represent the values of the corresponding record... Very weird issues here: e.g. - I have 11 records and the graph representing record 4 is the same as the graph representing record 5. - When I repeat the print I sometimes get other results ! (record 8 and 9 same grap...

Oracle 10G
Quick question - I was told a little about Oracle 10G on Friday - and about it's grid computing capabilities. Question: Is this the same as Informix XPS (functionality wise) - or is this something completely different ? Dirk Moolman Database and Unix Administrator MXGROUP "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Kierkegaard ________________________________ << ella for Spam Control >> has removed 1700 Spam messages and set aside 372 New...

SN#23126 Oracle GlassFish Enterprise Manager and the NetBeans Platform
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 147 Issue 3 2010-05-20 Article 23126 from section "NetBeans" Only One of Many Applications that Employ NetBeans Technology The pervasiveness (often undisclosed) of the NetBeans Platform is the subject of comments by Geertjan Wielenga in his blog "Oracle GlassFish Server and the NetBeans Platform." He points out that the performance monitor, which is part of GlassFish Enterprise Manager and allows for a window into Oracle GlassFish Server performance runtime behavior, uses NetBeans technology...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302732418)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302732418) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to gcameron@eurosoft-inc.com ..45302732418. ...

Book contrasting Oracle and MS SQLServer?
I am an oracle savvy developer looking to switch to SS. Know of any good books that compare/contrast the two? Thanks waterlogged@cfl.rr.com wrote: > I am an oracle savvy developer looking to switch to SS. Know of any > good books that compare/contrast the two? > Thanks If you've decided to switch then why compare? >From the SQL development perspective take a look at O'Reilly's "SQL in a Nutshell" (Kline and Kline). Also take a look at these resources: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/default.mspx -- David Portas, SQL Server MVP Wheneve...

Oracle Timeline, Year 2003
Oracle Timeline, Year 2003 __________________________________________ Event of the Year: Jun. 6 2003 Oracle offers $5.1 billion for PeopleSoft __________________________________________ SUMMARY: Mar. 18 Revenue slump ended, earnings higher Jun. 6 Oracle offers $5.1 billion for PeopleSoft Jun. 11 Ellison rattles industry with takeover bid Jun. 12 Profit Up, Sales Gains Seen Jun. 13 Shares Rise as Results Cheered Jun. 20 PLEASANTON. PeopleSoft directors urge to reject bid Jul. 24 Oracle revises PeopleSoft bid to $7.5 b Sep. 8 Ellison back on Oracle...

Oracle takes the wraps off SME database
Hi, I received an alert from www.techieindex.com Oracle has created a version of its database software tailored for the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises, details of which will be revealed today. Do any one got this news? Scot I can pretty much guess it will still be expensive compared to open source... -- Greg Patnude / The Digital Demention 2916 East Upper Hayden Lake Road Hayden Lake, ID 83835 (208) 762-0762 "Scott" <scottevans@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:6fa2d4de.0310090544.e08a9d6@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I received an alert from w...

US-NY: New York-Data Architect-C++, Oracle #2
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Please reply to jobs@rmscorp.com with yo...

Adapting module parameters to different module versions
Hi all the loop and NBD modules recently (2.6.26) support a new parameter: max_part . I would like to set this if the parameter is supported, however it is supported only in 2.6.26 . If I put that option in modprobe.conf, when I boot with earlier kernels it will not be possible to load these modules again (ok ok I can alter the .conf file again but not e.g. during boot...) Is there a way to specify an options line in the modprobe.conf file, so that modprobe which will first try to pass all the options but then remove the unknown ones if it gets an error? Thank you ...

Verity on FreeBSD
Has anyone successfully installed and run Verity K2 on a FreeBSD system? If so, I'd like to know, because I'm finding some trouble with this software. Note: Verity K2 is a commercial search engine not officially supported in FreeBSD, although it is officially supported in some Linux distributions. I've tried to install it using FreeBSD's Linux emulation, but with no success yet. ...

Multiple oracle in same machine
Hi all I'm having 20 Oracle servers ( ranging from Oracle 7.0.1 to Oracle 9i) which are running on 20 separate machines. 27 applications are using this oracle databases. So for the time being we can't think about migration of applications from older versions of Oracle to new versions. I need to reduce the number of databases as the applications running are comparatively small. Can I run different versions of Oracle in the same machine. ( Oracle 7.0.1 and Oracle 9i) What are the combinations that I can go for ? Please advice Shafeek Khalidh ICQ# 81191628 If the machines are Unix...

US-MD-Rockville: Back End Developer, C/C++, Pro C, Unix, Oracle, PL/SQL, Maestro (45295757629)
US-MD-Rockville: Back End Developer, C/C++, Pro C, Unix, Oracle, PL/SQL, Maestro (45295757629) ============================================================================================== Position: Back End Developer Reference: SMC01348 Location: Rockville MD Duration: 2M Skills: C, C++, Pro C, Unix, Oracle, PL/SQL, Maestro Scope: NASD Direct Application Support Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45295757629. ...

Oracle as FileSystem
Dear All, I would like to know if there are any application or tools that can act as a file manager and Oracle DB as the FileSystem ? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks. KengHeng. Chan kengheng wrote: > Dear All, I would like to know if there are any application or tools > that can act as a file manager and Oracle DB as the FileSystem ? > > Any info will be appreciated. > > Thanks. > KengHeng. Chan Oracle version? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Gro...

US-NY: Oracle Apps consultant
Job Title : Oracle Apps consultant Location : NY Rate : Open Job type : Contract Duration : 6 Months Primary Skills: Oracle Apps Technical and Functional consultants needed Description: 4+ years in Oracle with strong experience in AQ and iProcurement, Java and XML Oracle Apps Functional consultant - iProcurement, Purchasing and AP Oracle Apps Technical consultant - JAVA, JSP, Servlets, J2EE, Apache, XML, Oracle8i, XML Gateway ...

How to pass more than one records from Oracle to Java?
Hi, I have a specific situation where we will be passing more than one record from Oracle to Java. I think its not a good idea to pass everything in a single string and then convert it. We tried VARRAY, INDEXED TABLE. Both is having problem. NESTED table may be a good option, but this inturn is going to store the values in table. So to pass n records, you have to insert n records to the NESTED table and then the procedure will pick up the n records from the database. After executing the procedure, again one has to delete the contents of nested table. If anyone has experience in this esp. using...

Verity API
Hi, Has anyone any experience with the use of Verity (K2) API and PHP? Thanks in advance, Arjan ...

Verity for NC
Hi: I am hoping someone in this forum can help me - I am trying to find people for my company who have detailed knowledge of the Verity K2 search software product set, including software installation, collection configuration and management, Verity search syntax, spidering, indexing secure content, etc. and I am having a difficult time locating people with this skill set. Can anyone refer me to someone looking for employment in the Raleigh, NC area with these skills? My contact information is: Carolyn Russell Analysts International crussell@analysts.com Thanks in advance...

Common pro*c code for both Oracle and non-Oracle environments
Hi, I have a PRO*C code that may run also on PCs where Oracle is not installed. In this case ofcourse the code that read & write from the database should be ignored. What should I specify in the code so the oricedures with the database access will be ignored in case Oracle is not installed? Thanks Golan wrote: > Hi, > I have a PRO*C code that may run also on PCs where Oracle is not > installed. In this case ofcourse the code that read & write from the > database should be ignored. > What should I specify in the code so the oricedures with the database > access will ...

i got fear about the version of mshtml.dll
i'm making a tool to help distributing ms security patch. it's imporrtant that DB insertion on monthly patch notice from ms. in appending DB, i found that ; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961260/en-us that notifies to us, the version of mshtml.dll is 7.0.6000.20996. the version type is X.X.XXXN.NNXXX, which N.NN is 0.20. so, it's real version can be 996. can you anticipate the next version of mshtml.dll next monthly patch? thank you a lot. (ps) the version type X.X.XXXN.NNXXX is descripted below ; (in the middle of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961260/en-u...

Password camouflage in SSH, version 1
Can anybody explain the purpose of password camouflage for version 1 of the SSH protocol? I am specifically talking about the approach taken by the PuTTY SSH client. I have noticed that this client implementation sends multiple SSH_MSG_IGNORE packets surrounding the password packet itself, allegedly to prevent eavesdroppers from finding out the exact length of the password. Now the password packet is transferred after the SSH handshake is complete - therefore, encrypted. More importantly, SSH clients can (as OpenSSH's does) pad the actual password with null characters to the right, thu...

Acces to oracle
Hello everybody and sorry for my "bad" english. I have a difficulties to extract data from Oracle to SAS. The Oracle databse is quite huge (30 M of lines, 100 variables) but I only need to extarct around 400,000 lines and 5 variables. I tried to use proc sql; create titi as select distrib,no_client,cotisation,mois annee from Oracle.contrats where cotisation >1000; or data titi; set oracle.contrats (where cotisation>1000); run; Results are quite the same and it can take more than 2 hours (and sometimes 6 hours). Can I improve the results by ad...

US-TX: Dallas-"ORACLE RETAIL" Jr Analyst to Mgr Lvls $65-150k
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: "ORACLE RETAIL" Jr Analyst to Mgr Lvls $65-150k Job Location: TX: Dallas Pay Rate: 65000 to 150000 Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-24 Company Name: Carroll Technology Services Inc Contact: ...

Re: Connecting to Oracle #5
******************************************************************************************************************************************************* This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. ******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Alternatively, use pass-through instead of the library: proc sql; connect to odbc (dsn=mydsn;uid=myuid;pwd=mypwd); select * from connection to odbc ( select * fr...