verity oracle version

i'm using HPUX 10.20...how cai retrive oracle version that install in the server....what command can i used to verufy the version..TQ

forum3242 (75)
12/22/2004 5:51:36 AM
comp.databases.oracle.server 22835 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> i'm using HPUX 10.20...how cai retrive oracle version that install in the server....what command can i used to verufy the version..TQ

select * from v$version;

Regards
HJR
0
hjr (2065)
12/22/2004 6:12:31 AM
error message shows....

su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

forum3242 (75)
12/22/2004 9:51:45 AM
Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> error message shows....
>
> su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

Try it again -only this time, type what I actually wrote.

There is nothing wrong with the suggested syntx.

Select * from v$version;

And if you get an error, use cut and paste to show me what you typed and
what the exact response is.

HJR
0
hjr (2065)
12/22/2004 9:58:49 AM

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote on 22.12.2004 10:51:

> error message shows....
>
> su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

You did run this using SQL*Plus, did you?

i just login in oracle and type the command that you give but cant...do i have to used SQL Plus...how do i to do that....i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...thank you

forum3242 (75)
12/24/2004 1:56:36 AM
Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:

> i just login in oracle and type the command that you give but cant...do i have to used SQL Plus...how do i to do that....i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...thank you

I doubt anyone here has the time or the bandwidth to teach you basic
Oracle skills. Yes you need SQL*Plus, or an equivalent third-party
product. But more importantly you need to take a class from a local
college, university, or from Oracle Ed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

DA
12/24/2004 5:15:36 AM
Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> i just login in oracle

No. You ran some sort of application first, otherwise you can't log in.
What application was it?

> and type the command that you give but cant...

Explain "can't". Show what you typed, and what responses you got back.
Otherwise all is guesswork. Practice those cut-and-paste skills.

> do i have to used SQL Plus...

No, but you have to recognise a SQL command when one is offered to you,
and it therefore follows that you have to know how to issue one when needed.

>how do i to do that....

You first of all stop wasting everyone else's time. And then you invest
some of your own time in learning the absolute basics of how to work
with, interact with, and manage an Oracle database.

Go visit http://tahiti.oracle.com, select whatever you think might be
your version, and then select the list of Books. Find the one called
"concepts guide", and read it. Don't ask any more questions until you do.

> i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...

I charge about $750 a day for doing so. No-one here will teach you
step-by-step for free. Invest a minimum amount of effort yourself in
reading the basic Oracle literature, then come back and ask meaningful
questions.

I don't want to sound unduly harsh, but your statements are a bit like
saying "I can't get Windows to work. How do I switch my PC on?" You are
a long way behind, and need to catch up. Visit that website and spend
the next few days doing precisely that.

Regards
HJR

thank you

0
hjr (2065)

How to export from a higher Oracle version and import into a lower Oracle version
How to export from a higher Oracle version (10) and import into a lower Oracle version (9) "dead" <OVOIZBACI-vlasic@vodatel.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ce5o4i$kbi$1@sunce.iskon.hr... > How to export from a higher Oracle version (10) and import into a lower > Oracle version (9) how about trying to use the exp/imp tools that ship with oracle ? > > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:16:33 +0200, "dead" <OVOIZBACI-vlasic@vodatel.net> wrote: >How to export from a higher Oracle version (10) and import into a lower >Oracle version (9) > Use the lower version export against the higher version database. Be sure to have created the v9 export views in the 10g database. usually they are called $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catexp<version>.sql They must be run using SYS as SYSDBA -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA You lost me ... use the 10 version of export (set env variables to correct oracle/bin etc) against 10 database and use 9 version of import (or 10 maybe) against the 9i database. Usual caveats watch character set etc What problems are you having, specifically? On 27 Jul 2004 12:54:14 -0700, johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net (John Hurley) wrote: >You lost me ... use the 10 version of export (set env variables to >correct oracle/bin etc) against 10 database and use 9 version of >import (or 10 maybe) against the 9i database. incorrect. 9i export and import required against both databases. Characterset has 0 to do w...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

oracle jdbc driver version vs database version
I always thought that, for avoiding communication problems, the Oracle JDBC Driver version should match the Oracle Database version (at least the first 2 digits). Then I encountered this assertion: <<< Another very important conclusion: the versions of the Oracle JDBC driver and the Oracle database are not tied together. Oracle JDBC Driver 10gR2 can be used with any supported database version so there is no good reason for not using the latest version of the JDBC drivers, even for organisations working with 8i or 9i databases . >>> (source: http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1385) Can you confirm this? -- CdL On Jul 13, 4:20 am, codadilupo <yossaria...@operamail.com> wrote: > I always thought that, for avoiding communication problems, the Oracle > JDBC Driver version should match the Oracle Database version (at least > the first 2 digits). > > Then I encountered this assertion: > > <<< > Another very important conclusion: the versions of the Oracle JDBC > driver and the Oracle database are not tied together. Oracle JDBC Driver > 10gR2 can be used with any supported database version so there is no > good reason for not using the latest version of the JDBC drivers, even > for organisations working with 8i or 9i databases . > > > > (source:http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1385) > > Can you confirm this? > > -- > CdL yes. ...

Oracle databases on a server

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

SqlSpec

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

Oracle server and Client version
We use oracle OLEDB provider 9.2, with our server 9.2 I've installed a server with Oracle 10, can i use my client 9, or i must upgrade client on workstation too. Do you have a link, for what client version using with server version ? Thank's a lot. On Mar 3, 11:31=A0am, "Jean-Luc" <t...@test.com> wrote: > We use oracle OLEDB provider 9.2, with our server 9.2 > > I've installed a server with Oracle 10, can i use my client 9, or i must > upgrade client on workstation too. > > Do you have a link, for what client version using with server version ? > > Thank's a lot. I have successfully used OLEDB clients as old as 8.0.5 against an Oracle 10.2.0.2 database with minimal problems. If I recall correctly, I occasionally had difficulty with bind variables and/or retrieving more than one long raw column at a time with the older clients. Most of my clients are using the Oracle 8.1.7 client against Oracle 10.2.0.2 databases. Charles Hooper IT Manager/Oracle DBA K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. ...

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

Oracle newbie
Appologies if this is a stupid question? Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a secondary means of access Not certain what you mean there. Do you mean that login information retained in the Internet Directory store would be retrieved by some application which would then connect to the target database with it? Definitely can be done. That's what it's for, among other things. Oracle has created products that do just this very thing. Some Oracle options depend on it. The Internet Directory does not itself connect to the target database, only to its back end database so far as I know. It simply answers requests from LDAP clients. HTH td brian white wrote: > Appologies if this is a stupid question? > > > Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e > access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a > secondary means of access ...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far
Hello Everyone, I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks, Sanjoy rath. "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > Hello Everyone, > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > Your response will be appreciated. > > Thanks, > Sanjoy rath. look it up on metlaink "DJ" <nospamplease@goaway.com> wrote in message news:dBzdc.87$e32.40@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > > "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > > Hello Everyone, > > > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > > > Your response will be appreciated. > > > > Thanks, > > Sanjoy rath. > > look it up on metlaink > > and dont cross post to every single group you can find - very annoying > Oracle 9i ...

Sun server with Oracle Database crashed
Hi All, My Sun server which is running Oracle database 10.2.0.3.0 got hung and the server had also crashed. The /DBATSTDB01/oracle mount point which is mounted on slice c1t0d0s3 is 100%. It is reflecting /var/adm/messages: Aug 31 15:40:43 blrtstdba02 ufs: [ID 845546 kern.notice] NOTICE: alloc: /DBATSTDB01/oracle: file system full The root slice " / " is occupied 82 %. After the crash, although the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is 100% full, the system hasn't hung so far. Is the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is causing the system to hang or should I check for hardware issues? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices ctfs 0 0 0 0% /system/ contract proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab 0 0 0 0% /etc/mnttab swap 2547944 1088 2546856 1% /etc/svc/ volatile objfs 0 0 0 0% /system/object /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1 /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so. 1 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 6050982 1646347 4344126 28% /var swap 2554304 7448 254685...

Web resources about - verity oracle version - comp.databases.oracle.server

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of March 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, operating ...

Perth youth worker launches WA Facebook version of Humans of New York
In another place and another time, Pavitra&nbsp;Aran might have found herself in Australia as a refugee -&nbsp;which has proved part of the motivation ...

Scanner Pro for iOS updated to version 7 w/ text recognition, workflows, more
Scanner Pro for iOS has today received a hefty update. The latest update brings the app to version 7 and includes a host of new features, including ...

Porsche is planning a hybrid version of the 911
Filed under: Green , Porsche , Convertible , Coupe , Future , Hybrid , Performance We've previously reported that Porsche thinks the 911 is a ...

Twitter drops TweetDeck for Windows, but Mac version is safe
... has announced that it will soon drop support for the program, leaving fans with just the web app at their disposal. However, the Mac version ...

World’s most popular version of Android is finally less than two years old
... update to the general public. Now, more than 16 months later, Lollipop has surpassed Android 4.4 KitKat to become the most widely used version ...

This man created a real-life version of the floating house from "Up" with 600 balloons, and it's getting ...
Cameron Balloons pilot Simon Askey has been making waves over the internet this week thanks to his whimsical hot air balloon that looks exactly ...

Watchmen: Director's Cut vs. Ultimate Version - Collider
Zack Sndyer talks about the various cuts of Watchmen and explains why the Director's Cut is his preferred version over the Ultimate Cut.

Tidal extends free trial for the updated version of Kanye's album
By now you've likely heard all about how Kanye West's The Life of Pablo will always be a Tidal exclusive. When the album first dropped, West ...

PS Vita Version Of 'I Am Setsuna' May Come Westward If Fans Want It
... on PS4 and PC in the West, the absence of a Vita release did not go unnoticed. However, it seems Square Enix might consider bringing that version ...