verity oracle version

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

i'm using HPUX 10.20...how cai retrive oracle version that install in the server....what command can i used to verufy the version..TQ

Reply forum3242 (75) 12/22/2004 5:51:36 AM

See related articles to this posting

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> i'm using HPUX 10.20...how cai retrive oracle version that install in the server....what command can i used to verufy the version..TQ

select * from v$version;

Regards
HJR
0
Reply hjr (2065) 12/22/2004 6:12:31 AM

error message shows....

su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

Reply forum3242 (75) 12/22/2004 9:51:45 AM

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> error message shows....
>
> su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

Try it again -only this time, type what I actually wrote.

There is nothing wrong with the suggested syntx.

Select * from v$version;

And if you get an error, use cut and paste to show me what you typed and
what the exact response is.

HJR
0
Reply hjr (2065) 12/22/2004 9:58:49 AM

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote on 22.12.2004 10:51:

> error message shows....
>
> su: Syntax error: `from' is not expected

You did run this using SQL*Plus, did you?

0
Reply NNGNVRDSJEBN (74) 12/22/2004 10:11:41 AM

i just login in oracle and type the command that you give but cant...do i have to used SQL Plus...how do i to do that....i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...thank you

Reply forum3242 (75) 12/24/2004 1:56:36 AM

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:

> i just login in oracle and type the command that you give but cant...do i have to used SQL Plus...how do i to do that....i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...thank you

I doubt anyone here has the time or the bandwidth to teach you basic
Oracle skills. Yes you need SQL*Plus, or an equivalent third-party
product. But more importantly you need to take a class from a local
college, university, or from Oracle Ed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

Reply DA 12/24/2004 5:15:36 AM

Mohamed Shamry via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> i just login in oracle

No. You ran some sort of application first, otherwise you can't log in.
What application was it?

> and type the command that you give but cant...

Explain "can't". Show what you typed, and what responses you got back.
Otherwise all is guesswork. Practice those cut-and-paste skills.

> do i have to used SQL Plus...

No, but you have to recognise a SQL command when one is offered to you,
and it therefore follows that you have to know how to issue one when needed.

>how do i to do that....

You first of all stop wasting everyone else's time. And then you invest
some of your own time in learning the absolute basics of how to work
with, interact with, and manage an Oracle database.

Go visit http://tahiti.oracle.com, select whatever you think might be
your version, and then select the list of Books. Find the one called
"concepts guide", and read it. Don't ask any more questions until you do.

> i'm just in this environment accually...so hopefully you can teach me step by step...

I charge about $750 a day for doing so. No-one here will teach you
step-by-step for free. Invest a minimum amount of effort yourself in
reading the basic Oracle literature, then come back and ask meaningful
questions.

I don't want to sound unduly harsh, but your statements are a bit like
saying "I can't get Windows to work. How do I switch my PC on?" You are
a long way behind, and need to catch up. Visit that website and spend
the next few days doing precisely that.

Regards
HJR

thank you

0
Reply hjr (2065) 12/24/2004 10:40:33 AM
comp.databases.oracle.server 21362 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to export from a higher Oracle version and import into a lower Oracle version
How to export from a higher Oracle version (10) and import into a lower Oracle version (9) "dead" <OVOIZBACI-vlasic@vodatel.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ce5o4i$kbi$1@sunce.iskon.hr... > How to export from a higher Oracle version (10) and import into a lower > Oracle version (9) how about trying to use the exp/imp tools that ship with oracle ? > > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:16:33 +0200, "dead" <OVOIZBACI-vlasic@vodatel.net> wrote: >How to export from a higher Oracle version (10) and import into a lower >Oracle version (9) > Use the...

Versions and Patch info for Oracle and Oracle Forms...
Morning all, I need to add Oracle to our unit testing scripts. Does anyone know how to get the version numbers of Oracle Server and Oracle Forms (and patches) from the command line (as in, scriptable)? Specifically, I need to know the exact version of Oracle Server, the exact version of Oracle Forms, and whether patch 13 for Oracle Forms has been installed. Is there a file with this information buried in it? Thanks, Wyatt ...

oracle jdbc driver version vs database version
I always thought that, for avoiding communication problems, the Oracle JDBC Driver version should match the Oracle Database version (at least the first 2 digits). Then I encountered this assertion: <<< Another very important conclusion: the versions of the Oracle JDBC driver and the Oracle database are not tied together. Oracle JDBC Driver 10gR2 can be used with any supported database version so there is no good reason for not using the latest version of the JDBC drivers, even for organisations working with 8i or 9i databases . >>> (source: http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?...

Oracle client version and oracle developer 6.0
Hi All If you have 2 oracle products installed in the same folder, say you have oracle 733 client and oracle client 8.0.5 on the same machine, installed into the same folder and at the same time you have Forms6.0 installed. How can you tell what client the Forms 6 is using to connect to the db if your db is 9i? Also how can you change forms to use a particular client to connect to the db? Thanks Mike On 13 Feb 2004 21:53:11 GMT, malomo0220@aol.com (MAlomo0220) wrote: >Hi All > >If you have 2 oracle products installed in the same folder, say you have oracle >73...

oracle versions
is older oracle version 8i similar to 9i i think it seems pretty similar could u prompt on the new features? also the ora navigator seems to do things pretty simple way so what's the need for the sql+ for inserting the table values In article <1110884663.503363.293370@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, mahimajulka@gmail.com says... > is older oracle version 8i similar to 9i > i think it seems pretty similar > could u prompt on the new features? > also the ora navigator seems to do things > pretty simple way so what's the need for > the sql+ for inserting the tabl...

Oracle version
Hello everybody. Is there an SQL command telling me if there is installed Standard or Enterprise version of Oracle 9.2 installed on a windows 2000 server? If there isn't, how can I know it? Where must I look for? I found the key ORACLE_BUNDLE_NAME in the registry, but I don't know if this is correct. thank's a lot. Sam. gigione wrote: > Hello everybody. > Is there an SQL command telling me if there is installed Standard or > Enterprise version of Oracle 9.2 installed on a windows 2000 server? > > If there isn't, how can I know it? Where must I look for? &...

New Major version for Oracle JDeveloper and the Oracle Application Server
Oracle released today a major upgrade to its Java stack including new versions of the Oracle Application Server, Oracle JDeveloper, and Oracle TopLink. Some of the new features include: Oracle JDeveloper - The Free IDE * JSF Development - Visual layout editor, page flow diagram, ADF Faces - over 100 JSF components with AJAX capabilities. * EJB 3.0 support - DB to Entity Beans and Session Fa=E7ade generation. * Revamped IDE and coding environment -new L&F, over 35 refactoring, code assist, easy code navigation and much more. * More than just Java - XML, UML, Tuning, Database...

oracle version
does anyone know SAP R/3 suppors the latest oracle release? ...

Can Oracle client dynamically link to Oracle shared libraries if the versions are different ?
Hi: We are writing an Oracle client application in C. We are using PRO C to generate the C code. We can compile both dynamic and static versions of our Oracle client. Our question is: is it possible to compile a dynamically linked Oracle client in say version 8.1.7.0 and actually run the application against say version 10.1.0.2 environment ? That is, can an Oracle client dynamically link to the Oracle shared libraries if the versions are different ? Thanks JL ...