Web PL/SQL, roles, Oracle 9i, IAS 9.0.4

Hi, I have Oracle 9i, IAS 9.0.4, and I use Web PL/SQL. I have a only
connect user from database and a role with permissions to object
access.
For users accessing I can't use default roles (except connect) and I
can't give grantings directly from user (grant execute from package not
permited by customer).

How can I active the role ???
How can I keep the role active in calls between the packages???

I called a procedure with "authid current_user", and I executed
dbms_session.active_role("ALL"), but then when I use other package, I
can't see the others packages, althoug the role granted.

Regards.

0
jatix8 (4)

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Installing Oracle Application Server 10g (ias 9.0.4)
Gurus, I have just been hired to install, administer, and maintain Oracle Application Server 10g (SUN SOLARIS). I will start it in 2 days. I am currently an APPS DBA. I would like to get some feedback from the veterans who have already installed AS 10g and administering it. Here are some of my questions: 1) Where can I get detailed info on how to install, administer, and maintain it? 2) Is it stable enough? 3) Are there any gotchas out there? 4) Are there any websites you would recommend for knowledge gathering? Many thanks. - Nur farah nur wrote: > Gurus, > > I have just been hired to install, administer, and maintain Oracle > Application Server 10g (SUN SOLARIS). I will start it in 2 days. I am > currently an APPS DBA. (I'm very sorry to hear that you accept such a position without appropriate knowledge and training.) > I would like to get some feedback from the veterans who have already > installed AS 10g and administering it. Here are some of my questions: > > 1) Where can I get detailed info on how to install, administer, and > maintain it? Same place as all other Oracle documentation - http://docs.oracle.com > 2) Is it stable enough? Far, far better than it's predecessors 9.0.2 ad 9.0.3 > 3) Are there any gotchas out there? Many. Too many to discuss without knowing your environment and target purpose. (Aside form Solaris.) Make sure you install the Infrastructure well before the App Server - assuming you ne...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! I have a standalone oracle 9.2.0.1.0 database. Then I start sql analyze in oracle enterprise manager console. In the login box I select 'standalone repository'. User: sys, Password: is okay, Service: is okay. I get the following : ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper. Who can help me? Thanks! "Hubert Mayr" <huma1@gmx.net> a �crit dans le message de news:1077876364.992762@news.liwest.at... > Hi! > > I have a standalone oracle 9.2.0.1.0 database. Then I start sql analyze in > oracle enterprise manager console. > In the login box I select 'standalone repository'. > User: sys, Password: is okay, Service: is okay. > > I get the following : > > ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper. > > Who can help me? > > Thanks! > > ORA-28009 connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper Cause: Connect sys/password is no longer a valid syntax. Action: Try connect sys/password as sysdba or connect sys/password as sysoper. Starting with 9.0, sys cannot connect anymore as a normal user, it can only connect as sysdba or sysoper. Regards Michel Cadot Hi, set O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY =TRUE. regards Srivenu ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

oracle 9.0 pl/sql query
Hi, I am attempting to use Oracle PL/SQL queries from an Oracle 7.3.4 DB running under Windows NT (BOX A) to update an Oracle 7.3.4 DB running under solaris 2.6 (BOX B) over TCP / IP links. These standard queries worked fine. Recently we upgraded BOX B to Oracle 9.2 running under Solaris 8.0. When on BOX A , I run the sql command : insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD SELECT * FROM BGCI_TIMEOUT , I get the floowing errors : ORA-01003 : No statement parsed ORA-02063: PRECEDING LINE FROM LNK14 If I run the SQL query : insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD VALUES('GPRS','...

oracle 9.2.0.4.0 red hat 9
Hi, I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run dbca, I get this error: /hutch/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference (libzip.so) Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM The strange thing about this is that I've installed Java 1.4.2. Why is it looking for Java 1.1.8? I did notice in the Oracle installer interface that it was installing Java 1.1.8. Is Java 1.1.8 a permananet part of the Oracle installer? Thanks for any advice, tglahn17 wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During > runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the > target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the > assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get > installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter > database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run > dbca, I get this error: > > /hutch/oracle/jre...

Which OS patches to install on HP-UX 11i (11.11) for Oracle 9i R2 (9.2.0.4.0)?
Hi! I'd like to install Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.4.0) on a HP-UX 11.11 machine. Which operating system patches should I install? The documentation at <http://oracleheva1.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/pre.htm#sthref108> only lists 11.00 patches. Sept. 2001 Quality Pack, PHCO_23792, PHCO_24148, PHKL_24268, PHKL_24729, PHKL_ 25475, PHKL_25525, PHNE_24715, PHSS_23670, PHSS_24301, PHSS_24303, PHSS_24627, PHSS_22868 Is there somewhere a more recent listing? Thanks a lot, Alexander Skwar -- He that bringeth a present, findeth the door open. -- Scottish proverb. You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you should be all set. hpuxrac <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net>: > You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you > should be all set. Thanks! In the meantime, I found Doc ID: Note:169706.1 Subject: Oracle RDBMS on AIX,HP-UX,Solaris,Tru64,Linux,MacOSX: Versions, Sizes, Requirements Quick Reference And installed, what was listed there: PHCO_24402 s/b PHCO_25569 PHCO_28427 s/b PHCO_29029 s/b PHCO_31903 PHKL_25506 PHNE_27745 s/b PHNE_30580 (For RAC systems) PHNE_28568 s/b PHNE_30378 PHSS_26560 s/b PHSS_30966 PHSS_26946 PHSS_28849 Alexander Skwar -- The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy. ...

about oracle Apache standalone 9.0.4.0.0
hello,everyone: we want to get oracle Apache standalone 9.0.4.0.0 to instanll ,where we can download it !! Thanks!!! houqj wrote: > hello,everyone: > we want to get oracle Apache standalone 9.0.4.0.0 to > instanll ,where we can download it !! > Thanks!!! > > 10g Companion Disk, at the usual locations -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... ...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

migration SQL Server 7.0 To Oracle 9i
Hello DBAs, Please Inform how to migration SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 9i. Thank You peter wrote: > Hello DBAs, > > Please Inform how to migration SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 9i. > > Thank You My advice is to start by reading Tom Kyte's latest book "Expert Oracle Database Architecture". On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:18:10 -0700, hpuxrac wrote: > > peter wrote: >> Hello DBAs, >> >> Please Inform how to migration SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 9i. >> >> Thank You > > My advice is to start by reading Tom Kyte's latest book "Expert Oracle > Database Architecture". And to use migration workbench which can be download from OTN for free. I tested it two years ago and it worked great. -- http://www.mgogala.com peter wrote: > Hello DBAs, > > Please Inform how to migration SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 9i. > > Thank You 1. Read Tom Kyte's books. Both the one mentioned by hpuxrac and also his "Expert one-on-one Oracle." 2. Bookmark http://tahiti.oracle.com and read the concepts and architecture docs. Oracle is NOT SQL Server and the differences are considerable. Even such basic terms as database, instance, and cluster have totally different meanings. 3. How much data? How long do you have to migrate it? How many schemas? How will it be logically and physically backed up and recovered? Just data or also views? functions? procedures? triggers? Do the tables have identity col...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle Application Server OAS 3.0
Hello, I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS 3.0) I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. But it doesn't work ! Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? That could be a solution. I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on the website. Thanks first ! Joerg Mueller wrote: > Hello, > I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS > 3.0) > I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. > But it doesn't work ! > > Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? > That could be a solution. > > I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on > the website. > Thanks first ! > > Of course, mentioning the full error(s) would help, as well as Operating System and other details... If that would not be asked too much... Pretty Please? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... Here are the details: OS is Solaris 2.6 on a SUN Ultra 10 I have done the setup as written in the following page: http://isis.sra.com/ows-adoc/docs/security/wassecur.htm Here klick: "Setting Up Your Web Application Server to Use SSL" Is there a chance to get SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and OAS 3.0 ? Or can I upgrade the OAS only ? But which version is running good ? The problem is, that we absolutely need SSL Here...

pl/sql tables inside 8i forms against 9i oracle database
Error message: PL/SQL TABLE declaration must currently use binary_integer indexes occurs while compling 8i oracle forms against 9i oracle database version. Pl/sql table is declared inside package specificartion. Also, there are no problems recomiling the same form against 8i oracle database version. On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:22:54 +0000 (UTC), kemal_taljanovic@archway-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (kemalt) wrote: >Error message: >PL/SQL TABLE declaration must currently use binary_integer indexes > >occurs while compling 8i oracle forms against 9i oracle database >versio...

Subject: Oracle Analysts, Designers, Developers needed. Oracle 9i, 11i, PL/SQL, tools knowledge etc
Hi, I am looking for individuals who are either US citizens, Green card holders or Canadian Citizens (this is a must requirement with no exceptions). The locations I am hiring for are both in US - Michigan and Canada, please send your resumes to zwaheed@volt.com. Minimum 5 years industry experience, leading teams, experienced with Testing tools, system integration, unit testing. Strong familiarity of ERP solutions. If you meet these requirements I have many positions open with highly competitive salary. Please only apply if you meet the requirements. Direct your resumes to: Zeeshan Waheed zwaheed@volt.com ...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Web resources about - Web PL/SQL, roles, Oracle 9i, IAS 9.0.4 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Oracle Acquires Facebook Data Partner Datalogix
One of Facebook’s data partners has a new owner, as Datalogix was acquired by Oracle , the two companies announced Tuesday. (more…) New Career ...

Google, Oracle setting up jurors to fail in API copyright retrial, judge says
(credit: Seabamirum ) One of the tech sector's biggest upcoming trials— Oracle v. Google —careened Tuesday away from the hot-button topic of ...

Oracle Rising: Past the Trough in Cloud Transition, Say Bulls
Shares of database giant Oracle ( ORCL ) are up $1.26, over 3%, at $40, in early trading, continuing last night’s gains, after the company yesterday ...

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
Businesses that aren't worried when Amazon starts gunning for their customers need only give Borders Books and Music a call. That said, Oracle's ...

Riley Curry Made a Special Appearance on the Dance Cam at Oracle Arena - Bleacher Report
Riley Curry...back at it again with the heart-stealing. The young phenom gave her dad, Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry , a run for his ...

Here's the email Larry Ellison just sent to employees about a big change at Oracle
Oracle CEO Safra Catz made some interesting and cryptic comments about big changes coming to the company when talking to analysts after reporting ...

Oracle earnings beat estimates
Analysts had expected Oracle to report earnings of about 62 cents a share on $9.12 billion in revenue.