f



Windows 2003 x64 connect to Oracle 9.2.0.6

Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6

Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64

or

is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
( windows2003 64bit )
( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
64 bit )

or

is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????

i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
bussiness

thanks for your help

peter brosi

0
peter5830 (6)
8/16/2007 8:14:54 PM
comp.databases.oracle.server 22978 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
655 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
> connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6
>
> Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64
>
> or
>
> is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
> ( windows2003 64bit )
> ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
> 64 bit )
>
> or
>
> is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????
>
> i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
> bussiness
>
> thanks for your help
>
> peter brosi

Install the 10.2 client.  It will connect to your 9.x database just
fine.

And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database.  It is out of support,
and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind.  I'm not
saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I
saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that you should be
moving beyond 9.x sooner rather than later.


0
quetico_man (523)
8/16/2007 8:28:54 PM
On 16 Aug., 22:28, EdStevens <quetico_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
> > connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6
>
> > Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64
>
> > or
>
> > is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
> > ( windows2003 64bit )
> > ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
> > 64 bit )
>
> > or
>
> > is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????
>
> > i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
> > bussiness
>
> > thanks for your help
>
> > peter brosi
>
> Install the 10.2 client.  It will connect to your 9.x database just
> fine.
>
> And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database.  It is out of support,
> and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind.  I'm not
> saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I
> saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that you should be
> moving beyond 9.x sooner rather than later.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

thans for your answer.

i can not upgarde at the moment becaue my erp-software does not
support oracle 10 at the moment.
i think i can upgrade the erp in 1 year than i can upgarde to 10 or 11

but i am happy that the client 10 works with ora 9.2

i have download the client
Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)
   102010_win64_x64_client.zip (506,158,858 bytes) (cksum -
741504729)
from the oracle hompage

is this version is okay ?

peter brosi


0
peter5830 (6)
8/16/2007 8:38:40 PM
On Aug 16, 3:38 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
> On 16 Aug., 22:28, EdStevens <quetico_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
>
> > > Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
> > > connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6
>
> > > Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64
>
> > > or
>
> > > is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
> > > ( windows2003 64bit )
> > > ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
> > > 64 bit )
>
> > > or
>
> > > is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????
>
> > > i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
> > > bussiness
>
> > > thanks for your help
>
> > > peter brosi
>
> > Install the 10.2 client.  It will connect to your 9.x database just
> > fine.
>
> > And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database.  It is out of support,
> > and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind.  I'm not
> > saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I
> > saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that you should be
> > moving beyond 9.x sooner rather than later.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -
>
> thans for your answer.
>
> i can not upgarde at the moment becaue my erp-software does not
> support oracle 10 at the moment.
> i think i can upgrade the erp in 1 year than i can upgarde to 10 or 11
>
> but i am happy that the client 10 works with ora 9.2
>
> i have download the client
> Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)
>    102010_win64_x64_client.zip (506,158,858 bytes) (cksum -
> 741504729)
> from the oracle hompage
>
> is this version is okay ?
>
> peter brosi

Don't know why it wouldn't be.  You said you need to run it on a 64-
bit Windows box, didn't you?  Read the installation guide and release
notes .. . .

0
quetico_man (523)
8/17/2007 12:57:09 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?
On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think that i've to upgrade to that version? (sorry for my english) MariMax wrote: > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? > > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think > that i've to upgrade to that version? > > (sorry for my english) It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes. To see which, log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note. Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to upgrade to the latest version and then investigate. "Why wait for spring - do it now!" (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.) /Hans Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>... > MariMax wrote: > > > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > > Do ...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle permissions issue Oracle 9.2.0.7/Win 2003
Oracle 9.2.0.7 Windows 2003 We are going through a Certification and Accreditation process with our databases. We are being dinged for grants that any schema owner is giving on its objects to database roles. We were told that only the SYSTEM user or a user with DBA privileges should grant the permissions on any object to any role. We have changed the process so that the user SYSTEM will log in and grant the permissions but here is something we have noticed. Lets say that the schema in question is SCOTT. The table to grant SELECT permission on is the EMP table. The role to grant permissions to is EMP_ACCESS_ROLE 1. We log in as SYSTEM and run the following statement. GRANT SELECT on SCOTT.EMP to EMP_ACCESS_ROLE; 2. When we run select * from DBA_TAB_PRIVS where table = 'EMP'; GRANTEE OWNER TABLE_NAME GRANTOR PRIVILEGE ---------------------------------- ------------ ------------------------ ---------------- ------------------------------------ EMP_ACCESS_ROLE SCOTT EMP SCOTT SELECT We see that the GRANTOR is still the schema owner SCOTT. So when the database is scanned again we are still being dinged for the schema owner granting permission on an object to a role. ------- 3. We then tried this (even though this is retarded and unnecessary since SYSTEM has the SELECT permission to begin with) GRANT SELECT ON SCOTT.EMP TO SYSTEM WITH GRANT OPTION; 4. We then log in as SYSTEM and grant the permission again. GRANT ...

Oracle Optmizer does not use the right index (Oracle 9.2.0.6)
Hello, Not sure whether this problem has been discussed earlier in this forum. Can someone suggest a workaround to the following problem which can be replicated by following the sequence of detailed steps I have given below. In summary, if you have a table with two composite indexes, both with the same fields, but one of them has a field in descending order, then the Optimizer loses track of the correct index to use for a specific query. Thanks. A.J.Andrews See details below: ---------------- SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Mon Feb 27 08:29:06 2006 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production SQL> create table tab1 as select * from all_objects; Table created. SQL> set autotrace traceonly explain; SQL> create index tab1ind1 on tab1(owner, object_name); Index created. SQL> analyze table tab1 compute statistics; Table analyzed. SQL> alter session set optimizer_mode=first_rows; Session altered. SQL> select * from tab1 order by owner, object_name; Execution Plan ---------------------------------------------------------- 0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=FIRST_ROWS (Cost=172 Card=4899 Bytes=372324) 1 0 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'TAB1' (Cost=172 Card=4899 Bytes=372324) 2 1 INDEX (FULL SCAN) OF 'TAB1...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

Bind Errors
Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances on it so quickly. ManChild wrote: > Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer > working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has > anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against > 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - > don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances > on it so quickly. Apparently the concept of testing evaded your management. Did you check metalink? -- Daniel Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group On 12 Sep 2006 14:48:48 -0700, "ManChild" <starritt@gmail.com> wrote: > >Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer >working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has >anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against >9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - >don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances >on it so quickly. Please answer the question when Reports 2....

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) Again thanks a lot for the kind help.. Nirav nirav wrote: > HI, > > I have the following situation: > > We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on > which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of > which are 9.2.0.6 version. > > Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 > database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & > Clear Quest. > > Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered > environment. > > Since in the cl...

Oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.0.2.8 and Workflow 2.6.2 on linux
Hi there, I downloaded OWB_9.2.0.2.8_linux.tar.gz from here: http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/warehouse/index.html In the above download I found OWB installation documentation. In the OWB installation documentation, I see evidence that Oracle Warehouse Builder (runtime portion) makes use of "Oracle Workflow". It does not mention a version though. It does say that Workflow is neccessary. The documentation for Workflow was easy to find here: http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-WOR I'm not sure where to find the Workflow software though. The documentation for Workflow suggests that it is installed via OUI rather than a simple unzip (as used by JDeveloper for example). In http://metalink.oracle.com, I found evidence that Workflow is not a standalone product but that it is bundled with other products. I also found evidence that it lives in a directory named "ofw" once it is installed. I did not find mention of workflow in any of the download areas so I'm curious if any of you have installed it and if yes, where did you get it? I hate to be a whiner, but OWB product mgt has dropped the ball here. I spent a day setting up my OWB POC environment and here I am near the end of the installation and I can't find a critical piece of software and the OWB installation documentation gives no clue where to get the software or if it even has a part number. The same can be said for the Workflow software. Do th...

Oracle 9.2 client installatiion on Windows 2003 server (32 bit)
I want to install this client. Went to OTN Windows Download. It shows me following files under 9201 installation for Windows 2003 32 bit Download the Complete Files OUI220180.zip (47,405,300 bytes) 9203WIN2K3.zip (181,643,734 bytes) Yet when I read release notes link on the same page, it refers to Three installation: Oracle 9.2.0.1 OUI.2.01.x.x 9.2.0.3 patch set That means I should also download Oracle 9.2.0.1 client. Oracle 9.2.0.1 client is available however only for Windows NT/2000/XP. Is XP same thing as Windows server 2003? Is Oracle 9.2.0.1 client required at all or is it included in 9203WI2K3.zip file. Thanks a lot ... Any thoughts on this. Is Windows 2003 server same thing as Windows XP for Oracle installation. A note on Metalnk says: 1. First install, Oracle 9.2.0.1 clinet using Windows 2000/NT/XP. 2. Then intsall OUT 2.0.1.x.x listed under Windows 2003. 3. Then install Oracle 9.2.0.3 or any higher level patch. Thanks. ...

Installing 9.2.0.6 patch for Windows 32 Oracle Client
I have 9.2.0.1 Windows Client installed on my Windows 2000 Professional. I want to upgrade it to 9.2.0.6. I could not find any patch under 9.2.0 client, however I found a patch under Windows 32 bit (database server). Patch is 3948480, the patch title says: Release 2 (9.2.0.6.0) Patch Set 5 for Windows (32-Bit) I was told by Oracle support on metalink, patch will work for Windows 32 client as well even though it does not say that. My question is, is there an option in this patchset to upgrade only Windows 32 client, or it will end up installing database server software as well. Thanks a lot, Prem premmehrotra@hotmail.com wrote: > I have 9.2.0.1 Windows Client installed on my Windows 2000 > Professional. > I want to upgrade it to 9.2.0.6. I could not find any patch under > 9.2.0 client, however I found a patch under Windows 32 bit (database > server). > > Patch is 3948480, the patch title says: > Release 2 (9.2.0.6.0) Patch Set 5 for Windows (32-Bit) > > I was told by Oracle support on metalink, patch will work for Windows > 32 client as well even though it does not say that. > > My question is, is there an option in this patchset to upgrade only > Windows 32 client, or it will end up installing database server > software as well. > > > Thanks a lot, > > Prem > It will patch only the products you already have installed, so you should be fine. -Mark Bole ...

Oracle 9i Database Server on Windows 2003 Server
I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without any problems. Is there anybody that did that before? Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science Teacher http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon I've installed it on windows 2003 enterprise ed. about 1 month ago without any problem. I've installed the version 9.2.0.1 with the patch to 9.2.0.3. 9.2.0.3 is the only version certified by oracle for win 2003. Ciao "Yvon Bouchard" <yvon.bouchard@cablevision.qc.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:QCLvb.21605$ZF1.2102185@news20.bellglobal.com... > I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without > any problems. > Is there anybody that did that before? > Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. > > Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science > Teacher > http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon > > > Yvon Bouchard wrote: > > I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without > any problems. > Is there anybody that did that before? > Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. > Although I have not installed on Windows 2003 myself, I know of several such installations and all occurred without issue. I do note that Oracle has a separate download (CD set) for the WIndows 2003 compared to NT/2000/XP, so I suspect the install for the latter may not be ...

Web resources about - Windows 2003 x64 connect to Oracle 9.2.0.6 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Window - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the part of a building. For the Microsoft operating system, see Microsoft Windows . For other uses, see Window (disambiguation) ...

Microsoft Windows Information, Solutions, Tools - Windows IT Pro
Microsoft Windows information and solutions for IT pros. Topics include cloud computing, Windows Server, Exchange, Outlook, PowerShell, virtualization, ...

The Windows Blog
The Windows Blog is Microsoft's Official Blog for the Windows Operating System.

Microsoft Extends Skylake Support On Windows 7 And Windows 8.1
... As part of the announcement, going forward, the latest processors and chipsets would only be supported on the current version of Windows. As ...

Edge browser now has extensions in the latest Windows 10 preview
... Right now, installing extensions is rather clunky—when this is feature is released to end users, extensions will be included in the Windows ...

OS X and Linux threaten Windows' dominance in developer market
OS X and Linux are nowhere near as popular as Windows when we look at the PC market as a whole, but the two platforms are actually extremely ...

Microsoft is trying to change Windows software forever — here’s why it’ll be a tough fight
One of Satya Nadella's biggest initiatives is also his riskiest: The Universal Windows Platform, or UWP , a new way for Microsoft developers ...

Xbox One will run Windows 10 apps starting this summer
The Xbox Store and the Windows Store will also be merged as Microsoft tries to rev up demand for both Windows 10 and the Xbox One.

The 10 Windows group policy settings you need to get right
One of the most common methods to configure an office full of Microsoft Windows computers is with group policy. For the most part, group policies ...

Microsoft Begins Windows 10 Rollout for Windows Phone 8.1
Many, but not all, owners of older Windows smartphones can finally upgrade their handsets.

Resources last updated: 3/19/2016 11:28:57 PM