Windows 2003 x64 connect to Oracle 9.2.0.6

Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6

Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64

or

is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
( windows2003 64bit )
( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
64 bit )

or

is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????

i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
bussiness

thanks for your help

peter brosi

0
peter5830 (6)

On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
> connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6
>
> Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64
>
> or
>
> is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
> ( windows2003 64bit )
> ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
> 64 bit )
>
> or
>
> is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????
>
> i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
> bussiness
>
> thanks for your help
>
> peter brosi

Install the 10.2 client.  It will connect to your 9.x database just
fine.

And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database.  It is out of support,
and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind.  I'm not
saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I
saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that you should be
moving beyond 9.x sooner rather than later.

0
quetico_man (523)
8/16/2007 8:28:54 PM
On 16 Aug., 22:28, EdStevens <quetico_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
>

> > Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
> > connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6
>
> > Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64
>
> > or
>
> > is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
> > ( windows2003 64bit )
> > ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
> > 64 bit )
>
> > or
>
> > is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????
>
> > i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
> > bussiness
>
> > thanks for your help
>
> > peter brosi
>
> Install the 10.2 client.  It will connect to your 9.x database just
> fine.
>
> And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database.  It is out of support,
> and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind.  I'm not
> saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I
> saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that you should be
> moving beyond 9.x sooner rather than later.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

thans for your answer.

i can not upgarde at the moment becaue my erp-software does not
support oracle 10 at the moment.
i think i can upgrade the erp in 1 year than i can upgarde to 10 or 11

but i am happy that the client 10 works with ora 9.2

i have download the client
Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)
   102010_win64_x64_client.zip (506,158,858 bytes) (cksum -
741504729)
from the oracle hompage

is this version is okay ?

peter brosi

0
peter5830 (6)
8/16/2007 8:38:40 PM
On Aug 16, 3:38 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
> On 16 Aug., 22:28, EdStevens <quetico_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 16, 3:14 pm, peter1502 <pe...@brosi.com> wrote:
>
> > > Is it possible to installed drivers on a Windows 2003 x64 server to
> > > connect to Oracle 9.0.2.6
>
> > > Is a client available for 9.2.0.6 and windows2003x64
>
> > > or
>
> > > is it posssible to install the 32-bit client on the machine
> > > ( windows2003 64bit )
> > > ( i think it is not certified but i think its possible to install on
> > > 64 bit )
>
> > > or
>
> > > is it possible to connect to 9.2.0.6 with the oracle 10 client ????
>
> > > i am sorry for my bad english but i dont need it often in the
> > > bussiness
>
> > > thanks for your help
>
> > > peter brosi
>
> > Install the 10.2 client.  It will connect to your 9.x database just
> > fine.
>
> > And start moving to upgrade your 9.x database.  It is out of support,
> > and 11.x was just released, so you are now 2 releases behind.  I'm not
> > saying the sky will fall if you don't upgrade this week, nor am I
> > saying you should live on the bleeding edge, just that you should be
> > moving beyond 9.x sooner rather than later.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -
>
> thans for your answer.
>
> i can not upgarde at the moment becaue my erp-software does not
> support oracle 10 at the moment.
> i think i can upgrade the erp in 1 year than i can upgarde to 10 or 11
>
> but i am happy that the client 10 works with ora 9.2
>
> i have download the client
> Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)
>    102010_win64_x64_client.zip (506,158,858 bytes) (cksum -
> 741504729)
> from the oracle hompage
>
> is this version is okay ?
>
> peter brosi

Don't know why it wouldn't be.  You said you need to run it on a 64-
bit Windows box, didn't you?  Read the installation guide and release
notes .. . .

0
quetico_man (523)