WINODS NT SERVER Oracle - roblem starting oracle from Microsoft Terminal Server Remote Deskto

I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing
the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service
Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop,
i.e.,
one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the
workarounds.

Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console
wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist
with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client.

Thanks,
Prem
0
premmehrotra (202)

On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K
Mehrotra) wrote:

>I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing
>the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service
>Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop,
>i.e.,
>one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the
>workarounds.

Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ
protocol used by Oracle for this purpose.

The only lousy workaround is to use
set local=<tns service name>
prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window.

Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener
for the same reason. You need to bounce the service.

>Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console
>wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds.

OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise
Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is.
Or dump Microsux Terminal Server.

Do same problem exist
>with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client.

No. Microsux Terminal Services is the only product with this problem.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote in message news:<43441e77.0402191838.60106cb8@posting.google.com>...
> I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing
> the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service
> Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop,
> i.e.,
> one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the
> workarounds.
>
> Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console
> wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist
> with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client.
>
> Thanks,
> Prem

bequeath connections are not supported on WinNT 4.0, W2K.
bequeath connections are supported on w2k3.

you do not want to run Citrix Metaframe on the same server as Oracle.
feel free to do so, though. you are best off to check the Product
Certification matrix on metalink, to determine what version of Oracle
is supported on what OS.

PC Anywhere, Timbuktu Pro, NetOp, WinVNC all support bequeath
connections, so lsnrctl, svrmgrl, namesctl all work, as does sqlplus
when not connecting thru a listener.

this has to be on an FAQ somewhere.

Citrix has its place, and its on a (pseudo) app server, with only the
Oracle client installed.

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)
2/20/2004 6:17:52 AM
Hi Paul

This changed a bit with (I think) 9.2

<quote>
Windows Terminal Servers
Oracle supports Terminal Services on Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000
Advanced Server, and Windows 2000 Datacenter.

The following products and features are not supported on Windows Terminal
Servers or Windows XP Remote Desktop:

  a.. Installation of Oracle9i server components from a remote Terminal
Services Client onto a Windows 2000 server that is running Terminal Server
Service or a Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server is unsupported. If you attempt
to install Oracle9i in this manner, many database configuration tools hang.
Examples includes Oracle Database Upgrade Assistant, Database Configuration
Assistant, Oracle Internet Directory Configuration Assistant, and Oracle
Workflow Configuration Assistant. Start all configuration tools from the
Terminal Server console and not from the Terminal Services Client.

  b.. Connection Manager

  c.. Oracle Fail Safe

  d.. Oracle HTTP Server

  e.. Oracle Migration Workbench

  f.. Oracle Names

  g.. Oracle Object Link Manager

  h.. Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server

  i.. Server Management (SRVM)
</quote>
In particular the unix style

set oracle_sid=sid
sqlplus system/manager

works fine with 9.2 and using a terminal services console.
lsnrctl works as well.

so there are some restrictions, in particular TS needs to be in remote
administration mode and not application server mode (as far as I understand
it).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Paul Drake" <drak0nian@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote in message
> > I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing
> > the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service
> > Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop,
> > i.e.,
> > one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the
> > workarounds.
> >
> > Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console
> > wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist
> > with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prem
>
> bequeath connections are not supported on WinNT 4.0, W2K.
> bequeath connections are supported on w2k3.
>
> you do not want to run Citrix Metaframe on the same server as Oracle.
> feel free to do so, though. you are best off to check the Product
> Certification matrix on metalink, to determine what version of Oracle
> is supported on what OS.
>
> PC Anywhere, Timbuktu Pro, NetOp, WinVNC all support bequeath
> connections, so lsnrctl, svrmgrl, namesctl all work, as does sqlplus
> when not connecting thru a listener.
>
> this has to be on an FAQ somewhere.
>
> Citrix has its place, and its on a (pseudo) app server, with only the
> Oracle client installed.
>
> Pd

0
n-litchfield (344)
2/20/2004 9:43:39 AM
"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield@audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<4035d6cb$0$10333$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> Hi Paul
>
> This changed a bit with (I think) 9.2
>
> <quote>
> Windows Terminal Servers
> Oracle supports Terminal Services on Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000
> Advanced Server, and Windows 2000 Datacenter.
>
> The following products and features are not supported on Windows Terminal
> Servers or Windows XP Remote Desktop:
>
>   a.. Installation of Oracle9i server components from a remote Terminal
> Services Client onto a Windows 2000 server that is running Terminal Server
> Service or a Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server is unsupported. If you attempt
> to install Oracle9i in this manner, many database configuration tools hang.
> Examples includes Oracle Database Upgrade Assistant, Database Configuration
> Assistant, Oracle Internet Directory Configuration Assistant, and Oracle
> Workflow Configuration Assistant. Start all configuration tools from the
> Terminal Server console and not from the Terminal Services Client.
>
>   b.. Connection Manager
>
>   c.. Oracle Fail Safe
>
>   d.. Oracle HTTP Server
>
>   e.. Oracle Migration Workbench
>
>   f.. Oracle Names
>
>   g.. Oracle Object Link Manager
>
>   h.. Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server
>
>   i.. Server Management (SRVM)
> </quote>
> In particular the unix style
>
> set oracle_sid=sid
> sqlplus system/manager
>
> works fine with 9.2 and using a terminal services console.
> lsnrctl works as well.
>
> so there are some restrictions, in particular TS needs to be in remote
> administration mode and not application server mode (as far as I understand
> it).
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

Niall,

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a try today.

Paul

> "Paul Drake" <drak0nian@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote in message
> > > I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing
> > > the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service
> > > Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop,
> > > i.e.,
> > > one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the
> > > workarounds.
> > >
> > > Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console
> > > wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist
> > > with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Prem
> >
> > bequeath connections are not supported on WinNT 4.0, W2K.
> > bequeath connections are supported on w2k3.
> >
> > you do not want to run Citrix Metaframe on the same server as Oracle.
> > feel free to do so, though. you are best off to check the Product
> > Certification matrix on metalink, to determine what version of Oracle
> > is supported on what OS.
> >
> > PC Anywhere, Timbuktu Pro, NetOp, WinVNC all support bequeath
> > connections, so lsnrctl, svrmgrl, namesctl all work, as does sqlplus
> > when not connecting thru a listener.
> >
> > this has to be on an FAQ somewhere.
> >
> > Citrix has its place, and its on a (pseudo) app server, with only the
> > Oracle client installed.
> >
> > Pd
0
drak0nian (276)
2/20/2004 4:18:34 PM
"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield@audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<4035d6cb$0$10333$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> Hi Paul
>
> This changed a bit with (I think) 9.2
>
> <quote>
> Windows Terminal Servers
> Oracle supports Terminal Services on Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000
> Advanced Server, and Windows 2000 Datacenter.
>
> The following products and features are not supported on Windows Terminal
> Servers or Windows XP Remote Desktop:
>
>   a.. Installation of Oracle9i server components from a remote Terminal
> Services Client onto a Windows 2000 server that is running Terminal Server
> Service or a Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server is unsupported. If you attempt
> to install Oracle9i in this manner, many database configuration tools hang.
> Examples includes Oracle Database Upgrade Assistant, Database Configuration
> Assistant, Oracle Internet Directory Configuration Assistant, and Oracle
> Workflow Configuration Assistant. Start all configuration tools from the
> Terminal Server console and not from the Terminal Services Client.
>
>   b.. Connection Manager
>
>   c.. Oracle Fail Safe
>
>   d.. Oracle HTTP Server
>
>   e.. Oracle Migration Workbench
>
>   f.. Oracle Names
>
>   g.. Oracle Object Link Manager
>
>   h.. Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server
>
>   i.. Server Management (SRVM)
> </quote>
> In particular the unix style
>
> set oracle_sid=sid
> sqlplus system/manager
>
> works fine with 9.2 and using a terminal services console.
> lsnrctl works as well.
>
> so there are some restrictions, in particular TS needs to be in remote
> administration mode and not application server mode (as far as I understand
> it).
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

Server configured in remote administration mode.

connection with sqlplus over bequeath via remote desktop (terminal
services client) fails with 9.2.0.4 / w2k adv svr sp4.

connection with sqlplus over bequeath via remote desktop (terminal
services client) succeeds with 9.2.0.4 / w2k3 svr.

connection with lsnrctl over bequeath via remote desktop (terminal
services client) fails with 8.1.7.4.12 / w2k adv svr sp4.

connection with lsnrctl over bequeath via remote desktop (terminal
services client) succeeds with 9.2.0.4 / w2k adv svr sp4.

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??
MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button and do tell me your opinion. alene wrote: > MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also > know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the > database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of > Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution > capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and > penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link > http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button > and do tell me your opinion. Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer. A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer. That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer. And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such time as they kill your account. -- Daniel...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

SqlSpec

Import Export between Oracle server and cache server
Hi .. Is there any tool / way to shift databases between Oracle database server and InterSystem's Cache database server. I need to export a database from oracle server to cache server with all tables with data, indexes etc. Any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanx ------ Pradeep Kumar Software Enginner ---------------------------------------------------------- What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right. ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

How to migrate a 24X7 DB2 server to Oracle server ?
Hi ~!! Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? Thanks a lot !! cclemon cclemon wrote: > Hi ~!! > > Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? > or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? > > Thanks a lot !! > > cclemon Are you asking how you can have the DB2 server up and running and seemlessly migrate active transactions to Oracle? If so ... it isn't going to happen. Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed transactions. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Pah! Impossible. Some of their transactions NEVER terminate... -- Cheers Nuno Souto wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au.nospam "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077908166.220643@yasure... > Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new > transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last > DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed > transactions. Daniel Morgan <damorg...

Oracle databases on a server

Oracle DB Server and Web Server with thai support
Hi, all I have DB Server ( Sun Server act as Oracle 8i DB Server ). and I have Web Server ( Dell Server RHEL4 ES act as Web Server run apache2 + php + Zendcore for oracle ) I want to use My Application run from Web Server to Connect Oracle Server . and want to use thai support of oracle. What next i should to do more ? ::: config. httpd.conf of apache2 of Web Server ? ::: config. code of my PHP-application ? ::: config. Oracle DB Server ? ::: config. RHEL4 Server ? and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. Please me. Thank you very much Pratchaya On 19 Feb 2006 10:25:35 -0800, "Pratchaya" <pratchaya@banana.co.th> wrote: >and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. > >Please me. Please read the Oracle Globalization Manual, and don't ask people in this forum to abstract the manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

looking for notes on oracle 9ias server and report server
hi, I am a DBA. currently learning oracle 9ias . I have the documentation from oracle. But it is really lengthy. I am looking for notes from where I can get a brief over view of oracle 9ias and as a adminstrator what type of role I have to perform. any pointers towards this will be helpful. thanking in advance, regards Chennakeshava Ramesh (same as ramesh_jun24) Are you going to install, configure, develop, and support stuff in 9ias or just administer it after someone else does all the above? What kinds of apps will be running in your 9ias environment and where are they from? Are they java, forms, reports, plsql? Unfortunately the 9ias environment is not one that is easily approached at a minimalist level. The configuration is not as bad as it used to be but still can be quite involved. ...

Which oracle server ?
Hi all, I will deploy a database project to an Oracle server, but I could not figure out which version of Oracle should I get. Here is my configuration: Hardware: Dell 1750 Dual Xeon 3.2Ghz, 2GB Ram, 3x36GB Hdd on Raid 5 Operating System: Redhat Linux 9 I will deploy only 1 database for the application. Only 1 DBA will use the Oracle server when necessary. When the database once deployed, Only 1 application will reach it to read and write data. There will not be any other database in the server. The server will be used for only this purpose, nothing else. From Oracle's website, I see there are Enterprise, Standard and Standard One level of purchasing options. In this case, which should I go with ? Thank you for answers. Murtix Van Basten. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:40:14 -0500, Murtix Van Basten wrote: > Hi all, > > I will deploy a database project to an Oracle server, but I could not > figure out which version of Oracle should I get. Here is my configuration: > Hardware: > Dell 1750 Dual Xeon 3.2Ghz, 2GB Ram, 3x36GB Hdd on Raid 5 > Operating System: Redhat Linux 9 > > I will deploy only 1 database for the application. Only 1 DBA will use the > Oracle server when necessary. When the database once deployed, Only 1 > application will reach it to read and write data. There will not be any > other database in the server. The server will be used for only this purpose, > nothing else. > > From Oracle's web...

oracle server
hi all i plan to install oracle personal edition in my laptop to learn forms and reports.I do have good knowledge in plsql ..i handled issues from the client side.can anyone help me in installing the oracle personal edition 1.which product i need to install from oracle website. 2 if any one have good e- book on oracle forms means please send the same to my id. thanks in advance deepa deepapandian@gmail.com wrote: > hi all > > i plan to install oracle personal edition in my laptop to learn forms > and reports.I do have good knowledge in plsql ..i handled issues from > the client side.can anyone help me in installing the oracle personal > edition > > 1.which product i need to install from oracle website. http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/reports/htdocs/faq/faq_development.htm http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/oracle10g/index.html > 2 if any one have good e- book on oracle forms means please send the > same to my id. > > thanks in advance > deepa jg -- @home.com is bogus. Bork! Bork! Bork! ...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

Can Oracle XML DB Repository and Oracle reside on different server.
Can we store XML DB Repository on different machine which will be trated as document server and Oracle on the seperate machine will access this repository using mapped drive path. ...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

Oracle RAC 10g_r2: Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant
Hi All: I am setting up a ORACLE 10g_r2 RAC solution. Environment Details: - 2 IBM x335 series - CentOs 4.2 - 2 GB RAM - 2 X 36 GB SCSI - Intel Xeon 3.066 GHz I am stuck on the configuration of the Oracle Clusterware Configuration. I have double checked all of my steps and have retried this installer 3 times to ensure that I didn't miss anything. I am hoping that by posting this question it will perhaps receive some traction from people working on this. The error: When the Oracle Clusterware Configuration Wizard is at its final stages I get the following error: <snippet> Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant": Command = /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin/racgons add_config orac1:6200 orac2:6200 Configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant" failed ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- The "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- </snippet> I opened /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommand...

Help! ORA-01036 / Oracle 9ir2 / Oracle HTTP server / mod_plsql
Using mod_plsql in a 9ias / 9iR2 environment on Solaris 9 Packaged procedure has folliwng args: procedure freedb (p_web_site_id in number, p_candidate_id in number default null, p_completed_flag in varchar2 default null, p_section_id in number, p_next_section_id in number default null, p_form_id in number default null, p_web_page_id in number default null, p_sequential in varchar2 default 'N', p_ccp_path in varchar2 default null, p_id1 in number default null, p_id2 in number default null, p_id3 in number default null, p_id4 in number default null, .. .. p_id99 in number default null, p_id100 in number default null, p_1 in chararray, p_2 in chararray, p_3 in chararray, p_4 in chararray, .. .. p_99 in chararray, p_100 in chararray); The dots you'll have realised just to reomve the entiores 5-98 incl. The tytpe chararray is defined as : type chararray is table of var...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Brian ...

Web resources about - WINODS NT SERVER Oracle - roblem starting oracle from Microsoft Terminal Server Remote Deskto - comp.databases.oracle.server

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message