X error on silent install of Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1) on Linux x86-64

I am trying a silent install of Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1) for a single instance=
 database (software only) on a 64bit Linux server.  For some reason, I get =
a "X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)." =
error.  I don't understand why X would be needed for silent install.  I hav=
e previously done this with 11.1 without any problems. Also netca and dbca =
in 11.2 run without any issues when doing silent install.
0
pknayar (11)

pradeep wrote:
> I am trying a silent install of Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1) for a single instance database (software only) on a 64bit Linux server.  For some reason, I get a "X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)." error.  I don't understand why X would be needed for silent install.  I have previously done this with 11.1 without any problems. Also netca and dbca in 11.2 run without any issues when doing silent install.

Just a very wild guess but easy to check: you wouldn't have a DISPLAY variable set?
0
ghp (233)
8/18/2011 5:40:17 PM
pradeep:

# I am trying a silent install of Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1) for a single
instance database (software only) on a 64bit Linux server.

The 11.2.0.1 stuff has been obsoleted by 11.2.0.2 ... if you look for
patch 10098815 on oracle support you can download the 11.2.0.2 ( full
installs ) stuff.

Of course you still need to then patch it up to 11.2.0.2.3 but at
least you are not messing around with "prior version" of 11.2 ...

# For some reason, I get a "X11 connection rejected because of wrong
authentication" ...

I would use the latest and greatest ( current ) version of the 11.2
install guide and double check your setup and instructions piece by
piece.

0
hurleyjohnb (203)
8/18/2011 5:53:05 PM
On Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:40:17 PM UTC-4, Gerard H. Pille wrote:

> Just a very wild guess but easy to check: you wouldn't have a DISPLAY variable set?

Gerald,
That was it.  I unset the DISPLAY and it works.  I ran into some other problem but have got past the X error.  Thanks much.

Pradeep
0
pknayar (11)

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Oratcl 4.4 : Tcl 8.5 tested against Oracle 11g (11.1.0.6.0) Linux x86
Hot off the press. Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. No special configurations required other than the traditional ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. -Todd On Aug 15, 3:45 pm, "thelf...@gmail.com" <thelf...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hot off the press. > > Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against > Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. > > No special configurations required other than the traditional > ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. > > -Todd Very cool...we are going to Blade servers at work but only 10g but it is good to know that it works with 11g as well. Robert P.S. Have you updated the Oratcl site lately? ; ) On Aug 15, 9:23 pm, Robert Hicks <sigz...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 15, 3:45 pm, "thelf...@gmail.com" <thelf...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hot off the press. > > > Oratcl 4.4 (and the CVS head). Have just been run/tested against > > Oracle 11g and all the tests in the test suite have passed. > > > No special configurations required other than the traditional > > ORACLE_HOME env. variable being set. > > > -Todd > > Very cool...we are going to Blade servers at work but only 10g but it > is good to know that it works with 11g as well. > > Robert > > P.S. Have you updated the Oratcl s...

Comparisons Oracle 11.1.0.7 to Oracle 10.2.0.4
I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it has turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Windows Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gives some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regarding new features useable for us. Has someone made similar comparison results? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: snip > I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it ha= s > turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to > the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Window= s > Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gi= ves > some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regard= ing > new features useable for us. > > Has someone made similar comparison results? That has not been the case for us but we are running on Linux 64 bit systems. When you say "on test computers" that makes me nervous. One has to be very careful to get identical environments. One has to look very carefully at oracle settings between the environments. On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: > I have made some performance...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install link errors
Greetings: I'm trying to install Oracle 9i Enterprise Server and Client on a 64 bit Solaris 8 machine. I encountering link errors as follows: Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0 make installMakePath = /usr/ccs/bin/make installMakeFileName = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk installTarget = ntcontab.o installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0, undoMakeFileName = null undoTarget = null undoArguments = null logFile = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/install/make.log Exception thrown from action: make Exception Name: MakefileException Exception String: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /opt/oracle/pr oduct/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk Exception Severity: 1 This was while the OUI was trying to execute the following make command: /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_net_client.mk ntcontab.o ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0 I can actucally manully execute this on the command line and it seems to work but I'm sure not properly since I'm sure there are some paths that it needs which would have normaly been set in the install script. I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or compiler option). Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers! On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:29 GMT, "Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com> wrote: &...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

how do I chg administrator pwd on oracle 11g 11.2.0.1.0 on Windows Professional 7?
help much appreciated. I have 7 days. Regards, Ken Quirici On Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:49:28 PM UTC-7, Ken Quirici wrote: > help much appreciated. > > I have 7 days. > > Regards, > > Ken Quirici Do you want to change the SYS password in Oracle or the Adminstrator password for Windows? David Fitzjarrell On Mar 10, 6:56=A0pm, ddf <orat...@msn.com> wrote: > On Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:49:28 PM UTC-7, Ken Quirici wrote: > > help much appreciated. > > > I have 7 days. > > > Regards, > > > Ken Quirici > > Do you want to change the SYS password in Oracle or the Adminstrator pass= word for Windows? > > David Fitzjarrell The SYS password in Oracle I would imagine. Let me fill in a little more: when I open sql developer it shows a connection to my database ORCL2 - when I click it it asks for a password. It's THAT password. Does that answer your question fully? I get the message that the pwd is expiring when for example I run sqlplus from the cmd line. I think also when I opened the sql developer window. Thanks for the reply. Regards, ken Quirici On Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:29:38 PM UTC-7, Ken Quirici wrote: > On Mar 10, 6:56=A0pm, ddf <orat...@msn.com> wrote: > > On Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:49:28 PM UTC-7, Ken Quirici wrote: > > > help much appreciated. > > > > > I have 7 days. > > > > > Regards, > > > > > Ken Qui...

Best Way to Access remote Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 DB from a Linux server
I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? I'm thinking some possible options are: install Oracle 11 cllient (assume it is backwards compatible), install the entire Oracle database v.11, or install Oracle express. Appreciate your comments. Johan Johan <johango99@yahoo.com> wrote in news:db01b8d1-577b-4310-89af- 97465a3623c3@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com: > I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to > access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and > process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? > I'm thinking some possible options are: install Oracle 11 cllient > (assume it is backwards compatible), install the entire Oracle > database v.11, or install Oracle express. Appreciate your comments. > > Johan > I vote for Oracle client & PERL On Nov 17, 3:13 pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Johan <johang...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:db01b8d1-577b-4310-89af- > 97465a362...@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com: > > > I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to > > access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and > > process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? > > I'm thinking some possib...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk'
Hi guyz, i was patching up from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.6 on RHEL3 and unfortunately i came up with that error above. i was checking on Metalink but didnt get that much info. Most of the people were asking to check LD_LIBRARY_PATH which sounds like fine. Its a makefile issue. in my make.log it says collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [onrsd] Error 1 % echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0 ..1.0/lib i checked ld, which ld /usr/bin/ld from the log life i have got that collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [onrsd] Error 1 End output from spawned process. ---------------------------------- Exception thrown from action: make Exception Name: MakefileException Exception String: Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk'. See '/u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs/installActions2006-12-12_11- 19-22PM.log' for details. Exception Severity: 1 i had that issue before but i just forgot how to resolve that issue. If anyone came across with that issue please let me know would be great help. Thanks in Advance guyz. Hasnain ...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Rolling upgrade from oracle RAC 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1
Has anyone done a rolling upgrade of oracle RAC 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1. Recently I was trying to upgrade a 2 node RAC using logical standby database and evertime it is failing at upgrade of cluster. Hven't found any useful doc in metalink or internet. Will be very helpful if someone who has done this can provide a direction to me. Thanks ...

Oracle database patchset 9.2.0.8 silent installation
Hi, I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our 9.2.0.5 . I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the following error. Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already exists at location /oravl01/oracle/9.2.0.5. Please specify another name for $ORACLE_HOME. *** Do I have to give new ORACLE_HOME for this..? Please suggest. Thanks, Krish On Aug 7, 5:36 pm, Krish <Krishna.Bu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our > 9.2.0.5 . > > I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the > following error. > > Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already exists at > location /oravl01/oracle/9.2.0.5. Please specify another name for > $ORACLE_HOME. *** > > Do I have to give new ORACLE_HOME for this..? > > Please suggest. > > Thanks, > Krish Hi Krish, What is you ORACLE_HOME_NAME variable in your response file? Regards, Steve On Aug 7, 6:28 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 7, 5:36 pm, Krish <Krishna.Bu...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Hi, > > > I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our > > 9.2.0.5 . > > > I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the > > following error. > > > Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already e...

Error in installing Oracle 9i (9.0.1) on Redhat Linux 9
Hi, I am facing following problem in installing Oracle 9i on RHL 9 Error in invoking target install of makefile /home/oracle/product/9.0.1/plsql/ins_plsql.mk I have already tried the solution suggested for RHL 7.1/2/3 (editing genclntsh and removing -z defs and running this script). Even after this fix when I click Retry button I get the above error again. When I try to run genclntsh after removing "-z defs" I get this error. cp: cannot stat `/DISCARD/': No such file or directory Created /home/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/libclntst9.a Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards, Jitendra Agrawal. http://www.telemune.com/ ...

performance issue after upgrade to oracle 11.2.0.1 linux 32 bit.
Hi All, I have one performance issue after upgrade to oracle 11.2.0.1 linux 32 bit. The optimizer always choose index of "order by column", not use index of "where clause columns". Any comments are appreciated. Below are three test cases: Case 1: TEST on 11.2.0.1 DBs with ORDER BY ORDER BY gf_fee_apply_date Result: Choose incorrect execution plan. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options SQL> set autotrace trace SQL> set timing on SQL> SQL> variable spc varchar2(15); SQL> variable bfd varchar2(40); SQL> variable efd varchar2(40); SQL> variable p1 varchar2(60); SQL> exec :spc:='SACRAMENTO'; PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. Elapsed: 00:00:00.00 SQL> exec :bfd:='2005-12-05'; PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. Elapsed: 00:00:00.01 SQL> exec :efd:='2008-12-04 23:59:59'; PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. Elapsed: 00:00:00.00 SQL> exec :p1:='SET07%' PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. Elapsed: 00:00:00.00 SQL> SQL> SELECT xfi.serv_prov_code, 2 xfi.b1_per_id1, 3 xfi.b1_per_id2, 4 xfi.b1_per_id3, 5 xfi.feeitem_seq_nbr, 6 xfi.invoice_nbr, 7 xfi.gf_fee_period, 8 xfi.gf_fee, 9 xfi.gf_des, 10 xfi.gf_unit, 11 xfi.gf_udes, 12 finv.invoic...

Which OS patches to install on HP-UX 11i (11.11) for Oracle 9i R2 (9.2.0.4.0)?
Hi! I'd like to install Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.4.0) on a HP-UX 11.11 machine. Which operating system patches should I install? The documentation at <http://oracleheva1.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/pre.htm#sthref108> only lists 11.00 patches. Sept. 2001 Quality Pack, PHCO_23792, PHCO_24148, PHKL_24268, PHKL_24729, PHKL_ 25475, PHKL_25525, PHNE_24715, PHSS_23670, PHSS_24301, PHSS_24303, PHSS_24627, PHSS_22868 Is there somewhere a more recent listing? Thanks a lot, Alexander Skwar -- He that bringeth a present, findeth the door open. -- Scottish proverb. You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you should be all set. hpuxrac <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net>: > You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you > should be all set. Thanks! In the meantime, I found Doc ID: Note:169706.1 Subject: Oracle RDBMS on AIX,HP-UX,Solaris,Tru64,Linux,MacOSX: Versions, Sizes, Requirements Quick Reference And installed, what was listed there: PHCO_24402 s/b PHCO_25569 PHCO_28427 s/b PHCO_29029 s/b PHCO_31903 PHKL_25506 PHNE_27745 s/b PHNE_30580 (For RAC systems) PHNE_28568 s/b PHNE_30378 PHSS_26560 s/b PHSS_30966 PHSS_26946 PHSS_28849 Alexander Skwar -- The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy. ...

performance issue after upgrade to oracle 11.2.0.1 linux 32 bit 264325
Hi Friends, I have one insteresting performance issue about 11.2.0.1. Any comments are appreciated. When I use A JOIN B and A JOIN C, the optimizer choose index scan on table C. When I use A JOIN B and B JOIN C, the optimizer choose full table scan on table C. Below is test case: Case 1: When I use A JOIN B and A JOIN C, the optimizer choose index scan on table C. SELECT X.SERV_PROV_CODE, X.B1_PER_ID1, X.B1_PER_ID2, X.B1_PER_ID3, SUM(NVL(X.Fee_Allocation, 0)) GF_FEE FROM SETDETAILS S, X4PAYMENT_FEEITEM X, F4FEEITEM F WHERE S.SERV_...

Oracle 10.1.0.3 client(64 bits) linking error on SuSe 9.2
Hi All, Has anyone successfully install Oracle 10.1.0.3 (64 bits) on a linux SuSe 9.2? Let me give you my host's configuration and then I will show you the error message: HOST: test2 OS: GNU/Linux RELEASE: SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) VERSION: 9.2 KERNEL_RELEASE: 2.6.8-24.14-smp KERNEL_VERSION: #1 SMP Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz CPU_COUNT: 4 PROCESSOR_TYPE: x86_64 RAM: 2054752 kB LAST_PATCHED: *auto* Oracle error is: Error in invoking target 'ntcontab.o' of makefile '/nfs/netapp/nethome/oracle/product/10.1.0-64bit/10.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk At the time of "linking"? test2 /nethome/oracle> echo $PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable. Do I need LD_LIBRARY_PATH?? Thank in advance, Dom In article <1121991428.111204.300430@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "dominica@gmail.com" <dominica@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Has anyone successfully install Oracle 10.1.0.3 (64 bits) on a linux > SuSe 9.2? > > Let me give you my host's configuration and then I will show you the > error message: > > HOST: test2 > OS: GNU/Linux > RELEASE: SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) > VERSION: 9.2 > KERNEL_RELEASE: 2.6.8-24.14-smp > KERNEL_VERSION: #1 SMP Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 > CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz ...

Oracle 11g on Oracle Linux 6.1: when?
Hi, Any idea when Oracle 11g will be certified on Oracle Linux 6.1? Is there some kind of roadmap? Couldn't find anything on MOS. Thanks, Matthias On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:22:08 -0700, mhoys wrote: > Hi, > > Any idea when Oracle 11g will be certified on Oracle Linux 6.1? Is there > some kind of roadmap? Couldn't find anything on MOS. > > Thanks, > Matthias Mathias, it will probably take a major patchset. 11.2.0.2 was released before OEL/RH 6.x, so those versions cannot be certified for 11.2.0.2. I expect 11.2.0.3 between Thanksgiving and Christmas or early in 2012. -- http://mgogala.byethost5.com Mathias: # Any idea when Oracle 11g will be certified on Oracle Linux 6.1? Is there some kind of roadmap? Couldn't find anything on MOS. .... I opened an SR and could not get any good/specific answer other than "we will email everyone when it is announced". I was advised to go with 5.7 for a new 11.2 setup. Mladen's theory sounds about right. ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Problem installing Oracle Designer 9.0.2.0.1
Hi everyone, I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of installation and the message is : Dependencies: Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home. If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. -- Haji Syed, Hassan On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 03:18:13 GMT, "hajisyed" <hajisyed@rogers.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to >install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of >installation and the message is : > >Dependencies: >Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher >Oracle Home. > >If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. You should have installed Designer first. And you need to install Designer in a *different* Oracle home, which can be accomplished by changing Oracle home in the installer. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

error on Oracle App Server 10.1.3.1.0
Hi all, I've got a lot of errors in my oracle application server, Oracle Containers for J2EE 10.1.3.1.0 running on Linux Red Hat 4, with 12GB and these are few of the errors, can anyone tell what is wrong with this error ? 08/01/07 15:29:57.552 ViewArchive: Servlet error java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.EvermindHttpServletResponse.resetBuffer(EvermindHttpServletResponse.java: 1854) at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(ServletResponseWrapper.java: 237) at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(ServletResponseWrapper.java: 237) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.unprivileged_forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java: 285) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.access $100(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:50) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher $2.oc4jRun(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:193) at oracle.oc4j.security.OC4JSecurity.doPrivileged(OC4JSecurity.java: 283) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java: 198) at com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java: 346) at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerIm...

Web resources about - X error on silent install of Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1) on Linux x86-64 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Comcast failed to install Internet for 10 months then demanded $60,000 in fees
Despite all appearances, Comcast Business wasn't available at SmartCar's address. (credit: Comcast ) Nearly a year ago, a Silicon Valley startup ...

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...