How to supress text highlighting when clicking in text items - forms9i

Does anyone know how to keep text items that are selected(mouse
clicked) from turning blue(highlighted)?

I have query only blocks that are simply there to let the user select
a row from them to display editable child records.  I gave the current
record attribute of background yellow so the user knows which parent
they are on, but when clicked, the field gets that ugly text
highlight.

Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks,

Steve

sldcrew2k
2/5/2004 8:20:19 PM
comp.databases.oracle.tools 4963 articles. 0 followers. art (172) is leader. Post Follow

Check out the 9i Forms Demo, "Cursor Position PJC" on OTN.

http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/products/forms/index9i.html

"steve deno" <sldcrew2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to keep text items that are selected(mouse
> clicked) from turning blue(highlighted)?
>
> I have query only blocks that are simply there to let the user select
> a row from them to display editable child records.  I gave the current
> record attribute of background yellow so the user knows which parent
> they are on, but when clicked, the field gets that ugly text
> highlight.
>
> Any way to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

------

0
00casper00
2/8/2004 3:31:07 AM
Thanks,  I would not have thought to look there!  That will surely work.

"00casper00" <caspe15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<%3iVb.47577$rj7.549824@twister.tampabay.rr.com>...
> Check out the 9i Forms Demo, "Cursor Position PJC" on OTN.
>
> http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/products/forms/index9i.html
>

> "steve deno" <sldcrew2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to keep text items that are selected(mouse
> > clicked) from turning blue(highlighted)?
> >
> > I have query only blocks that are simply there to let the user select
> > a row from them to display editable child records.  I gave the current
> > record attribute of background yellow so the user knows which parent
> > they are on, but when clicked, the field gets that ugly text
> > highlight.
> >
> > Any way to get rid of it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve