How to use icons (database, database backup, save, delete etc.) in Oracle forms 5? #2

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Could you plz inform me how should I set the environmental variable in
order to attach the menus on buttons in an Oracle forms.

Thanks

Martin
0
bush_90002000
1/6/2004 2:08:38 PM
comp.databases.oracle.tools 4963 articles. 0 followers. art (172) is leader. Post Follow

Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Could you plz inform me how should I set the environmental variable in
> order to attach the menus on buttons in an Oracle forms.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

You need to read the documentation. I say this because how to do it is
operating system dependenat and partially because you need to invest a
bit of effort on your own behalf and asking me to read the installation
documentation for you is beyond the pale.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan@x.washington.edu

0
Daniel

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Oracle Database Backup #2
Hi, I am running an oracle 10G database on a suse OS and i have been assigned with the job of backing the DB. Now i, donot have enough space in the flash Recovery Area to carry out this tasks so i have been presented with a solution to backup the DB onto another machine. What happens here is that a SAN disk group which is presented to a Windows machine, will be mapped to the Linux box where the DB is being hosted and iam expected to do a direct backup of the DB onto that mapped disk drive. What i need help on is, what are the risk(s) associated with doing such backup and if it is advisiable to carry out such activity in this manner. What i had initally proposed was if the disks in the SAN drive can be assigned to the DB hosting machine and once the backup is done, the backup file can be pushed to the windows machine from where it will be backed up onto tapes. The disadvantage here is that we will be wasting disk space as it will be redundant. If anyone can let me know which method would be the best to carry out this task with minimum associated risks. Thanks. On Dec 2, 10:50=A0pm, navneel.si...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I am running an oracle 10G database on a suse OS and i have been > assigned with the job of backing the DB. Now i, donot have enough > space in the flash Recovery Area to carry out this tasks so i have > been presented with a solution to backup the DB onto another machine. > What happens here is that a SAN disk group which is presented to a &g...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database
I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from database installation connects me and one from designer installation disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. Hope to get some help from You, Jacek On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:10:05 -0800, Jacek Maria Jackowski wrote: > I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system > account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from > designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could > not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from > database installation connects me and one from designer installation > disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for > entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use > Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. > > Hope to get some help from You, > Jacek [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ oerr ora 1017 01017, 00000, "invalid username/password; logon denied" // *Cause: // *Action: [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ Have you tried using...

which oracle client for aix 5.3 to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5/Win database ?
Hello, i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? Thank you, Bud On Jan 11, 2:24 pm, "Bud" <tulsa...@gmx.de> wrote: > Hello, > > i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. > > which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? > > Thank you, > > Bud I don't think there is one. 8.0.5 was desupported in the previous milennium and has never been available for 5.3, which didn't exist at that time. 9i doesn't connect to anything lower than 8i. Time to upgrade the database or drag it to the recyclebin. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA ...

Saving html form into oracle database
I'm new to perl programming. Just wanted to know if there is a way I could save the whole HTML FORM into database rather then saving it by individual fields. Someone mentioned it to me that it can be done. I just don't know how to do it. Reason I'm trying to do this is because im working on a FORM with about 50 input fields. All I need is a way to save this form and pull it back with the data and be able to make changes to it and save it again. I know I can run a sql query and save all the fields individually and do the same when I put the data back into the FORM before showing it...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

Oracle newbie
Appologies if this is a stupid question? Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a secondary means of access Not certain what you mean there. Do you mean that login information retained in the Internet Directory store would be retrieved by some application which would then connect to the target database with it? Definitely can be done. That's what it's for, among other things. Oracle has created products that do just this very thing. Some Oracle options depend on it. The Internet Directory does not itself connect to the target database, only to its back end database so far as I know. It simply answers requests from LDAP clients. HTH td brian white wrote: > Appologies if this is a stupid question? > > > Can Internet Directory be used to access an existing Database - i.e > access would primarily be via EJB's / JDDBC with LDAP be used as a > secondary means of access ...

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

[FAQ] Oracle Database FAQ #2 #5
Archive-name: databases/oracle-faq Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 1.04 FAQ ABOUT THE ORACLE FAQ: ------------------------- The following topics are addressed in this FAQ: 1. Where is the Oracle FAQ located? 2. What is in the Oracle FAQ? 3. Who should use the Oracle FAQ? 4. Where can one post Oracle related questions? 5. How does one add information to the Oracle FAQ? 6. Can I add my own FAQ to the Oracle FAQ site? 7. Are there any translation projects for this FAQ? 8. Legal stuff 1) Where is the Oracle FAQ located? The Oracle FAQ is available on the Web at the following addresses: http://orafaq.cs.rmit.edu.au/ - Australia http://www.doag.org/orafaq/ - Germany http://www.orafaq.com/ - USA (St. Louis) http://www.orafaq.net/ - USA (Texas) http://www.orafaq.org/ - USA (Michigan) We recommend you select the site closest to you to prevent congestion on the Internet and overloading of any particular server. If one of the above servers is inaccessible, please use one of the other mirror sites. Take note of the last modification date on these sites (listed on the first page). Different sites refresh at different intervals, so check to ensure you are not reading an out-of-date version of this FAQ. 2) What is in the Oracle FAQ? The Oracle FAQ contains independent Oracle product related FAQs for DBAs and developers. The FAQ also contains scripts, white papers, news, jobs, forums, message boards, tips and training on Oracle...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

Copy Oracle 10.2.0.4 Database from Sun Sparc 5.9 to Sun Sparc 5.10?
Hi, We would like to copy a cold backup of an Oracle 10.2.0.4 database running on Sun Sparc 5.9 to a Sun Sparc 5.10 server. We intend to use a standard copy procedure (Copy datafiles, use "Create controlfile..." etc..). Will this work? Any links to Oracle documentation on this will be appreciated. Thanks, QZ ...

How do I a smallint SQL database value using the Database tools?
I'm using the Database Toolset with Labview 7. I'm building up a parameterized Query to a Stored Procedure in my SQL Database. It doesn't appear that smallint output types are supported because zero is always loaded into the variable. Is this correct? I'm I doing something wrong? Feedback welcome... thanks! It's probibly not an issue with datatypes since LV has far more datatypes than most databases. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you getting the 0 when running the stored procedure? Could you perhaps post a bit of code (LV and SQL) that demonstrates the issue? Mike... ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Web resources about - How to use icons (database, database backup, save, delete etc.) in Oracle forms 5? #2 - comp.databases.oracle.tools