oracle 9.0 pl/sql query

Hi,
I am attempting to use Oracle PL/SQL queries from an Oracle 7.3.4 DB
running under Windows NT (BOX A) to update an Oracle 7.3.4 DB running
under solaris 2.6 (BOX B) over TCP / IP links. These standard queries
worked fine.
Recently we upgraded BOX B to Oracle 9.2 running under Solaris 8.0.
When on BOX A , I run the sql command :
insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD SELECT * FROM BGCI_TIMEOUT ,
I get the floowing errors :
ORA-01003 : No statement parsed
ORA-02063: PRECEDING LINE FROM LNK14

If I run the SQL query : insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD
VALUES('GPRS','TEST','50') , it works fine.
With both queries I delete the contents of DB table BGCI_TIMEOUT
first.
I am puzzled why the first query fails.
Any help appreciated.
Ta
Pat
0
pat
5/25/2004 2:30:16 PM
comp.databases.oracle.tools 4963 articles. 0 followers. art (172) is leader. Post Follow

On 25 May 2004 07:30:16 -0700, pat.saunders@sis.securicor.co.uk (pat
saunders) wrote:

>Hi,
>I am attempting to use Oracle PL/SQL queries from an Oracle 7.3.4 DB
>running under Windows NT (BOX A) to update an Oracle 7.3.4 DB running
>under solaris 2.6 (BOX B) over TCP / IP links. These standard queries
>worked fine.
>Recently we upgraded BOX B to Oracle 9.2 running under Solaris 8.0.
>When on BOX A , I run the sql command :
>insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD SELECT * FROM BGCI_TIMEOUT ,
>I get the floowing errors :
>ORA-01003 : No statement parsed
>ORA-02063: PRECEDING LINE FROM LNK14
>
>If I run the SQL query : insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD
>VALUES('GPRS','TEST','50') , it works fine.
>With both queries I delete the contents of DB table BGCI_TIMEOUT
>first.
>I am puzzled why the first query fails.
>Any help appreciated.
>Ta
>Pat

Please do not cross and multipost. You're wasting people's bandwith
and time

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
"pat saunders" <pat.saunders@sis.securicor.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am attempting to use Oracle PL/SQL queries from an Oracle 7.3.4 DB
> running under Windows NT (BOX A) to update an Oracle 7.3.4 DB running
> under solaris 2.6 (BOX B) over TCP / IP links. These standard queries
> worked fine.
> Recently we upgraded BOX B to Oracle 9.2 running under Solaris 8.0.
> When on BOX A , I run the sql command :
> insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD SELECT * FROM BGCI_TIMEOUT ,
> I get the floowing errors :
> ORA-01003 : No statement parsed
> ORA-02063: PRECEDING LINE FROM LNK14
>
> If I run the SQL query : insert into BGCI_TIMEOUT@LNK14.WORLD
> VALUES('GPRS','TEST','50') , it works fine.
> With both queries I delete the contents of DB table BGCI_TIMEOUT
> first.
> I am puzzled why the first query fails.
> Any help appreciated.
> Ta
> Pat
You might want to look into:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ORA-02063+group:comp.databases.oracle.*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.databases.oracle.*&scoring=d&selm=2hjkfcFdro87U1%40uni-berlin.de&rnum=1
but you could have found that out yourselve too, perhaps.
Good luck,
Erik Ykema

0
Erik