Oracl Lite 10g and ADO.NET problem :(

Hi
I installed oracl lite 10g and I wanted run sample code for ADO.NET but they
wrote in HELP that I should make references Oracl.DataAccess.Lite , but I
have only Oracl.DataAccess.Lite_w32.dll and Oracl.DataAccess.Lite_wce.dll ,
when I add one of them to reference nothing happend. They wrote that it
should be something like that "using System.data.IDBConnection" but this
doesnt work :(. What should I do to Add corectly this references??

Sorry for me english, I'm from Poland ;)

--
Pozdrawiam
biela / www.biela.prv.pl

0
biela
2/28/2005 3:08:19 PM
comp.databases.oracle 1791 articles. 0 followers. tgugger5 (31) is leader. Post Follow

Problems with Oracle Text (in Oracle 10g)
Hi, I'm working on a project using Oracle Text, and wondering if it is possible display "relevant" parts of any documents returned by a search (in a similar fashion to Google). Heres a summary of what I have so far: CREATE TABLE news( news_id NUMBER, --Primary key: starts from "1" name VARCHAR2(80), --Name of document document CLOB --Document itself ); INSERT INTO News(name, document) VALUES('Councils warned over spying laws', 'Councils in England have been urged to review the way they use surveillance powers to i...

Best Oracle 10G Online Training | Online Oracle 10G Training | Training Oracle 10G Online
Oracle 10G Online Training by Biginfosys, We are one of the finest online t= raining institutes for Oracle 10G course. We are one of the most trusted on= line training institutes among the world. We hire trainers who are most eff= icient in their related field having real time experience of more than 8 ye= ars. Our Oracle 10G trainer's explanation will make the subject easy with t= heir real time experience. We are dedicated in providing Oracle 10G online = training by maintaining Global Standards and according to the trainee requi= rements. Some of SAP Basis topics Covered by ou...

Best Oracle 10G Online Training | Online Oracle 10G Training | Training Oracle 10G Online
Oracle 10G Online Training by Biginfosys, We are one of the finest online t= raining institutes for Oracle 10G course. We are one of the most trusted on= line training institutes among the world. We hire trainers who are most eff= icient in their related field having real time experience of more than 8 ye= ars. Our Oracle 10G trainer's explanation will make the subject easy with t= heir real time experience. We are dedicated in providing Oracle 10G online = training by maintaining Global Standards and according to the trainee requi= rements. Some of SAP Basis topics Covered by ou...

Oracle Lite 10i / Windows CE 4.2.NET / ADO.NET
Hi, is it possible to install Oracle Lite as a standalone server on Windows CE.NET 4.2 with an automatically install procedure from ocj4? I want to use Ora lite (10i) with the .NET Compact Framework 1.1 / ADO.NET on a Windows CE.NET 4.2 mobile device. thanks a lot regards thorsten ...

I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh". The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....." for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see: "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d...

Oracle Lite / Windows CE.NET 4.2 (PPC2003/ARM) / ADO.NET
Hi, is it possible to install Oracle Lite as a standalone server on Windows CE.NET 4.2 with an automatically install procedure from ocj4? I want to use Ora lite (10i) with the .NET Compact Framework 1.1 / ADO.NET on a Windows CE.NET 4.2 mobile device. thanks a lot regards thorsten ...

Oracle 10g Lite & .NET
I'm trying to create an Oracle 10g Lite database using the .NET DataAccess components packaged with the Mobile SDK. I have been able to successfully create the files using the Oracle.DataAccess.Lite.OracleEngine.CreateDatabase(string DSN, string dbName) method, but this has the nice little requirement of using a predefined DSN. If you don't specify a valid DSN, it'll go ahead and create the db files in the default directory, as setup by the Oracle Mobile SDK installer. My goal is to be able to create the database files in a specific (programatically defined) directory ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3...

Oracle 10g OCI based application talking to an Oracle 9i database
Hi all, Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our application is ma...

Oracle ships 10g database, cuts price <-- Oracle RDB too ?????
Click http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5152672.html?tag=nefd_top Oracle announced the availability of its Oracle 10g database on Tuesday and cut prices, in an effort to gain more customers among midsize businesses. As previously reported by CNET News.com, Oracle released the Unix and Linux versions of its Oracle 10g database and dropped the price of its entry-level database to about $5,000 per processor, matching the cost of Microsoft's SQL Server 2000 database. A Windows version of Oracle 10g is slated for completion in a "few weeks," according to company executives. (...) ...

VB.Net connection to Oracle 10G database
First things first - I'm very new at Oracle! I have installed Oracle 10G XE on an XP Pro computer & have created 3 blank tables using the web GUI interface from Oracle. All fine so far. My next step is to fill the tables with data via VB.Net. I am using the example at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/cook_dotnet.html to connect to my table. At the moment my VB.Net application is running on the same computer as Oracle, though the next step will be to have the application running on a different machine. Small steps first. Also, my aim was to bypass the tsnames.ora throu...

Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g
Hai ALL, I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle 10g? Regards Karthick T.S. "T.S. Karthick" <tskarthick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114431653.917702.172310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. > Seems to me they are bored and made it breakable aga...

US-WA: Bellevue-Software Engineer - Oracle ERP - Database
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Software Engineer - Oracle ERP - Database - Oracle 10G/11G Job Location: WA: Bellevue Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone...

.NET Stored procedures and Oracle 10g lite R2
Hello Team.. Does Oracle lite 10g R2 supports .NET stored procedures? Oracle document only show that they support Java SP but they didn't mention that it does not support .NET SP. Please let me know Thanks lottoman2000@gmail.com wrote: > Hello Team.. > > Does Oracle lite 10g R2 supports .NET stored procedures? Oracle > document only show that they support Java SP but they didn't mention > that it does not support .NET SP. > > Please let me know > > Thanks > What is a .Net SP? Oracle stores program code internally. The non-lite versions have PL/...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

help searching for oracles and Oracles and ORACLES
Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell and thank you for your help before. I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it id1 Description 1 oracle oracle oracle oracle 2 oracle school oracle school school school 6 the school the party the oracle How can I get SQL to get rows with Oracle or oracle (first letter is upcase) or ORACLE My SQL is select * from table2 where description like '%oracle%' or description like '%Oracle' or description like '%ORACLE%' In access '%oracle%' works in upcase or lower case but in Oracle I have to keep testing for all cases. The word might be oRaCLe but I don't want to write them all. How can I do this Thank you Jon Hi Jon, I would suggest the following: select * from table2 where instr(lower(description),'oracle') > 0; lower will make all the characters in the description field lowercase so you only need to test for lower case characters. instr will return > 0 if it finds any occurance of the word 'oracle' Hope this helps, C On Feb 18, 3:44=A0pm, jharbo...@googlemail.com wrote: > Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell > and thank you for your help before. > > I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it > > id1 =A0 =A0 =A0Description > =A01 =A0 =A0...

Problem selecting Data with Object-Studio from Oracle-Database with Oracle-Client-Version 9.0.1 installed
Hi All! Here are my Details: While trying to Select Data from a Table in an Oracle-Database we encountered problems. We have to (!) use an Oracle 9.0.1 Client on Windows XP Pro! We start an unchanged Object-Studio 6.8. From the "Load Application"-Dialog we choose "Oracle 9.2". In an Object-Studio-Workspace we execute the following Code: | mydb result | mydb := OracleDatabase logOnServer: #MYORACLE user: #SCOTT password: #TIGER alias: #MYORACLE. "mydb inspect." "(OracleDatabase accessName: #MYORACLE) inspect." "(mydb active) inspec...

Problem with Oracle XML database
Would it be possible for someone to execute the script below and confirm the observed behaviour. When I attempt to perform this operation I see <snip> SQL> SQL> SQL> INSERT INTO tblEmployeeDetails(ID,EmployeeDetail) 2 VALUES(101,XMLTYPE('<?xml version="1.0"?> 3 <EmployeeDetail xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 4 xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.companyname.com/EmployeeDetail s" 5 > 6 <EmployeeID>1...

DBU.NET
DBU.NET is a low-cost, feature-rich database query/administration utility for Oracle DBAs and developers, designed specifically for the ..NET platform. Some features are listed below: - Built on .NET Framework 1.1 (100% C#) - Supports native access to Oracle database through either Oracle or Microsoft provided native drivers - Rich Windows GUI; MDI interface supports multiple tool windows with same or multiple database connections - SQL Worksheet with PL/SQL syntax highlighting and tabbed result windows in grid, explain-plan, object explorer (describe), and other formats - Data ...

Oracle 9iAS vs Oracle 10g AS
Hello, I was wondering if there is any real difference between 9i AS and 10g AS for J2EE developers. From what I have read most of the changes between the two are stricly on the database side and 10g AS now supports J2EE 1.4 (but 9i AS can be upgraded as well). Am I over simplifying iut or am I missing something? Regards John Smith wrote: > > I was wondering if there is any real difference between 9i AS and 10g > AS for J2EE developers. From what I have read most of the changes > between the two are stricly on the database side and 10g AS now > supports J2EE 1.4 (but 9i ...

Install Oracle 9i after Oracle 10g
I have had to install Oracle 9i on a server (W2K3) that already had Oracle 10g installed. I was planning to use the listener which was created as part of the 10g installation so I did not create a new listener for 9i. I performed a software only installation because the application that I have to install for 9i has scripts to create its own instances. After doing the 9i install, which seemed to go well, I am having the following problem. I cannot start the Database Configuration Assitant or the Net Configuration Assistant. I don't know if this is because the it can't detect the 10...

Web resources about - Oracl Lite 10g and ADO.NET problem :( - comp.databases.oracle

Toyota recalls more than 1 million RAV4s for seatbelt problem
Filed under: Green , Recalls , Toyota , Safety , Crossover , Electric Toyota will recall 1.124 million models of the 2006-2012 RAV4 and 2012-2014 ...

New drivers and firmware fix Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book power management problems
... also heat issues now Microsoft have issued fixes. Starting today, new drivers and firmware updates are rolling out that address these problems ...

Embracing Computer Programming and Business law, UW students run from Problems of American Racial and ...
These kids today! So practical, so averse to the wisdom of their elders... For more analysis, here's the Cap Times article "Introductory politics ...

Microsoft says it's finally fixing the biggest problems with its Surface Book laptop and Surface Pro ...
... patches to make the Surface line work better with the Intel processor and display drivers, which The Verge reports cause power management problems ...

The problem with using gold to hedge
Gold and the S&P 500 are an especially volatile couple.

Rubio Is More Of A Bush Than Jeb — And That’s His Problem
Rubio’s refusal to admit the 2003 invasion was a mistake speaks to a dangerous obstinacy and lack of judgment

Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance
E! Online Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance E! Online Adele wants you to hear exactly why her ...

How Startups In Hypergrowth Mode Can Tackle Diversity Before It's A Problem
An exec from a recruiting software firm offers some actionable suggestions for hiring and retaining diverse people in tech. With the spotlight ...

The Presidential Race Is Finally Moving To States With Economic Problems
After months of attention on Iowa and New Hampshire, the presidential race is at last shifting to two states — Nevada and South Carolina — that ...