I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without
any problems.
Is there anybody that did that before?
Thanks in advance if someone know the answer.

Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science
Teacher
http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon

0
Yvon
11/22/2003 3:52:25 PM
comp.databases.oracle 1791 articles. 0 followers. tgugger5 (31) is leader. Post Follow

I've installed it on windows 2003 enterprise ed. about 1 month ago without
any problem.
I've installed the version 9.2.0.1 with the patch to 9.2.0.3.
9.2.0.3 is the only version certified by oracle for win 2003.
Ciao

"Yvon Bouchard" <yvon.bouchard@cablevision.qc.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server
without
> any problems.
> Is there anybody that did that before?
> Thanks in advance if someone know the answer.
>
> Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science
> Teacher
> http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon

0
lucas
11/23/2003 8:48:49 PM
Yvon Bouchard wrote:

> I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without
> any problems.
> Is there anybody that did that before?
> Thanks in advance if someone know the answer.

Although I have not installed on Windows 2003 myself, I know of several
such installations and all occurred without issue.

I do note that Oracle has a separate download (CD set) for the WIndows
2003 compared to NT/2000/XP, so I suspect the install for the latter may
not be compatible with 2003.
0
Hans

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL ...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Oracle databases on a server
I have Oracle installation on a SUN UNIX server. I tappears that it is running Oracle 10.2 and Solaris 8. I want to find out how many databases are installed on this server. Would it be true to say that all databases installed on this server are listed in tnsnames.ora where the 'HOST' entry points to this server? On Feb 20, 9:00=A0am, p...@qantas.com.au wrote: > I have Oracle installation on a SUN UNIX server. I tappears that it is > running Oracle 10.2 and Solaris 8. > > I want to find out how many databases are installed on this server. > > Would it be true to s...

Oracle management server with only one database going to 9i
We will be changing from a 8.1.7 to Oracle 9i. I would like to impliment some "best practices" right from the start. Being rather green, 5 day dba course, makes you a dba at our shop. I have done some research into Oracle Management server. I was thinking of implementing this in our shop, even though it will only be monitoring one database, possible two. The reason for the management server that perked my interest, in that fact that I can use RMAN for backup, but the real reason was using it for event monitoring. We do not have the man power to continuely look at the alert log, an...

SqlSpec

Database 9i with App Svr 10g on Windows Server 2003: good idea or no?
Any information please on using Oracle 9i (9.2.0.3.0) in conjunction with Application Server 10g? Both on Windows Server 2003 platform. Experts, is this a workable (certified?) combination? Any reason to consider earlier (some say buggier) version of AS? Is there anything in AS 10g that will not be happy talking to Database 9i (9.2.0.3.0) on Win2K3. Appreciate any advice on this configuration, including "you must be crazy!" Have just heard good things about AS 10g versus its previous incarnations. Thanks, Mike Mike <bishopsbitter@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1034fk...

Oracle and Windows Server 2003
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP? TIA David "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>... > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. > > This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches > for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to > XP? > > TIA > > David There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003. Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed to work. You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any official Oracle site. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand, I got the client from: Oracle Software Downloads -> Database ->...

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

snap servers and suitability for oracle databases
hi I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting conflicting messages with regards to its suitability for providing oracle storage. I'd have another machine with the oracle installation connecting to the storage either iscsi or nfs . Has anyone used any of the snap range for oracle databases ? I don't need super high perfornance, just a decent environment for development. Elaine On 4 Jan 2006 04:23:16 -0800, cmappy@hotmail.com wrote: >hi >I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting >conflicting messages with ...

Oracle 817 on Windows 2003 Server?
Hello... Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. Any issues? Thx, D. dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399 @news.uswest.net: > Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances > are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. Then keep it like that, 8.1.7 is not likely to be certified on Win2k3 - it is almost desupported. Sander Sander Goudswaard <sander@example.com> wrote: >dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in >news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far
Hello Everyone, I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks, Sanjoy rath. "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > Hello Everyone, > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > Oracle 9i uses schema inst...

How to migrate my oracle database to another server, pls
Hi everyone, I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, keeping all, table spaces, data.... how can i do this?, or where can i find information about it?, I appreciate ur help, thx Plactoon Plactoon wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all > equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to > change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, kee...

Unable to connect to Oracle 9i database via Oracle 6i Developer
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's various functions -- Graphics Builder, Query Builder, Schema Builder, Procedure Builder, and Translation Builder. As you know, these functions want to connect to a database but I get this error at the Connect screen: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name As info, the user name and password are fine for both Oracle 9i and Developer. Oracle 9i works fine. I can connect to my databases (Demo and OpsData) with no problem in 9i's SQLPlus window. It's the connections via Developer that's the problem. (In case you need to know, Oracle 9i reside in the C:\Oracle\ora92 directory with ora92 as the HOME. Developer 6i resides in the C:\Oracle\ora9i directory with ora9i as its HOME.) The TNSNAMES.ORA file for Oracle 9i reads as follows: # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. OPSDATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OpsData.jgyk801) ) ) INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CON...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > &g...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Wi...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database to Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie E Sullivan wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie What do you mean by "import"? If you mean dump the data as a delimited text file and use SQL*Loader. Yes. But do keep in mind you will need to translate some data types and autonumbering columns do not exist. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Thanks, Daniel. Yes, that is what I want. Now about the autonumbering columns: as long as we aren't going to add to the database and expect autonumbering, I can still have that column, right? That's what it sounds like. thanks again. "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077639180.433784@yasure... > E Sullivan wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to ju...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. Regards Kevin "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, w...

US-IL-Oracle Database Admin (Client Server)
US-IL-Oracle Database Admin (Client Server) Job title : Database Admin (Client Server) - B (4-6 yrs) Order type : Contract (Temporary) Start date: February 28, 2005, Projected end date (Contract only): May 7, 2005 Working hours: From 8:00 To 17:00 Rates: Best Candidates required: 1 Work location: IL Job requirements: G4B1 Database AdministratorClient Server - B: 4 - 6 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING: RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensures the database environment is highly reliable, provides the required functionality, is efficient, and cost effective. Accountable for the creation...

Lost oracle passwords on 9i database on windows xp
Hi, I've got a 9i database on windows xp that's not been used for a while. I've lost the passwords and would like to regain access. I know how to do this through UNIX with the authentication there. I can't seem to find a way to do similar on Windows and would appreciate some pointers. sqlplus /nolog connect / as sysdba alter user xxx identified by yyyy Do this as an admin Dnia 1/4/2005 2:54 PM, U�ytkownik championsleeper napisa�: > Hi, > I've got a 9i database on windows xp that's not been used for a while. > I've lost the passwords and would like to ...

I need to move oracle database from one to another server
Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right SUN server SUN server Solaris Oracle database And now. Left server is working. But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems. After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now. I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do: On the right (new server) remove all (old) dbf files, controll files, redologs. Copy files from the original server (on left) that are has been in "work" for recent month to the second server: dbf files control files and redo logs. Then start new server on right? Is it all I have to do? Or I will meet any problems? Regards On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:07:27 GMT, "marqzik" <marqzik@wp.pl> wrote: >Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... >on left and hardware the same server on right > >SUN server SUN server >Solaris >Oracle database > >And now. >Left server is working. >But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all >filesystems. >After that server and database were operating back for one month. >Now. >I have second SUN identical server on the right. ...

Updating Oracle database from SQL Server as linked table
I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be able to use the following query: UPDATE server..user.table SET OraField1 = 'I' WHERE OraField1 = 'A' AND OraField2 IN ( SELECT SQLfield2 FROM SQLTable WHERE SQLField1 = 1 ) However, when I do this, I get an error saying tha...

Web resources about - Oracle 9i Database Server on Windows 2003 Server - comp.databases.oracle

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street
TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...