Oracle and Windows Server 2003

Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET?  I am trying to run
an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)".  The dll in in the Oracle bin directory
and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.

This worked fine on Windows XP.  I have downloaded all the latest patches
for the client.  Am I trying to do the impossible?  Do I have to revert to
XP?

TIA

David

0
David
11/4/2003 10:46:36 PM
comp.databases.oracle 1791 articles. 0 followers. tgugger5 (31) is leader. Post Follow

"David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>...
> Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET?  I am trying to run
> an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
> Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)".  The dll in in the Oracle bin directory
> and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.
>
> This worked fine on Windows XP.  I have downloaded all the latest patches
> for the client.  Am I trying to do the impossible?  Do I have to revert to
> XP?
>
> TIA
>
> David

There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003.
Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed
to work.
You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any
official Oracle site.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
0
sybrandb
11/5/2003 8:28:25 AM
Sybrand,

I got the client from:
    Oracle Software Downloads -> Database -> Oracle9iDatabase
    Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1)
    Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition
for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) New

However, I installed the NT/2000/XP version first (the DBA told me that I
could use the client I already downloaded for XP) and then uninstalled the
XP version and did a reinstall with the above when it did not work.  I had a
suspicion that the reinstall went too fast, but I did not sit there watching
it.  Could it be that he reinstall did not replace files?

I also have a dual boot system (XP is on the second partition - Oracle
works(ed) fine there).  Could that have caused a problem?  I did the
installs into two separate directories on a data drive, so there should not
be a conflict.  They are independent of each other.

I am going to do an uninstall again, this time deleting the whole oracle
directory.  Then I shall install Oracle on the C: (W2K3 drive) instead of on
the data drive (that drive is used by both operating systems).  Do you have
any other things that I should look out for?

Thanks.

David

<sybrandb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET?  I am trying to
run
> > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
> > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)".  The dll in in the Oracle bin
directory
> > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.
> >
> > This worked fine on Windows XP.  I have downloaded all the latest
patches
> > for the client.  Am I trying to do the impossible?  Do I have to revert
> > XP?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > David
>
> There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003.
> Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed
> to work.
> You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any
> official Oracle site.
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

0
David
11/5/2003 1:18:30 PM
Sybrand,

To append to my other post...

It seems that the "Oracle9i Database Release 2
Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
New" download is a patch, so I believe that I installed it correctly over
the 9.2.0.1 release.  Is this true?

I used the 2.2 installer (at the present time I do not have access to
Metalink, but I can get access if necessary).  Could that be the problem?

David

<sybrandb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET?  I am trying to
run
> > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
> > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)".  The dll in in the Oracle bin
directory
> > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.
> >
> > This worked fine on Windows XP.  I have downloaded all the latest
patches
> > for the client.  Am I trying to do the impossible?  Do I have to revert
> > XP?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > David
>
> There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003.
> Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed
> to work.
> You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any
> official Oracle site.
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

0
David
11/5/2003 2:22:44 PM
"David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bob13n$meo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>...
> Sybrand,
>
> To append to my other post...
>
> It seems that the "Oracle9i Database Release 2
> Enterprise/Standard/Personal/Client Edition for Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
> New" download is a patch, so I believe that I installed it correctly over
> the 9.2.0.1 release.  Is this true?
>
> I used the 2.2 installer (at the present time I do not have access to
> Metalink, but I can get access if necessary).  Could that be the problem?
>
> David
>
> <sybrandb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET?  I am trying to
>  run
> > > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
> > > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)".  The dll in in the Oracle bin
>  directory
> > > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.
> > >
> > > This worked fine on Windows XP.  I have downloaded all the latest
>  patches
> > > for the client.  Am I trying to do the impossible?  Do I have to revert
> > > XP?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003.
> > Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed
> > to work.
> > You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any
> > official Oracle site.
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA

David,

The correct installation procedure is described in
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/html/B10924_01/toc.htm
Obviously this version is a patch and you need to install it on top of
an existing Oracle installation, using a newer version of the
installer.
Usually the installation procedures are sound and should be followed
to the letter.

Regards
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
0
sybrandb

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are de...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL ...

I would like to know if someone could help me with this topic, I'm traying to analize and chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server >chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server If they were applied with oPatch, then "opatch lsinventory" should show you what's there. If you did not use oPatch, then I have no clue. ;-) BD wrote: > >chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server > > If they were applied with oPatch, then "opatch lsinventory" should show > you what's ther...

I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh". The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....." for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see: "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d...

Oracle 817 on Windows 2003 Server?
Hello... Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. Any issues? Thx, D. dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399 @news.uswest.net: > Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances > are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. Then keep it like that, 8.1.7 is not likely to be certified on Win2k3 - it is almost desupported. Sander Sander Goudswaard <sander@example.com> wrote: >dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in >news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399...

Hi all, I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i client connected to oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) , and I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. Thanks Angel R. wrote: > Hi all, > I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i > client connected to > oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) > , and > I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. > > Thanks If...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? >...

oracle 10g RAC installation on windows 2003 server
hi all i tried to install oracle 10g RAC in Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition as per the document given in oracle site,but i get OUI- 25031 at the "configuration Assistants" page while installing CRS(Cluster Ready server) My Configuration: Servers : HP DL380 - 2 Nos Clustered OS on Both Nodes NODE 1:Primary Server ---------------------------------- Host Name: xxxxxa Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.21 Public IP Name : xxxxxa.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.1 Private IP Name: xxxxxa-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.15 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxa-vip.abc.local Node 2 Secondary server -...

Oracle Database performance on Windows 2003 with IIS 6
Hi everyone. I am having a big performance issue with my ASP application with Oracle database. The application itself is a very database-generic one, so I can switch from Access to SQLServer to Oracle with ease. The web-application runs great with Access and SQLServer. But when it comes to Oracle, the performance really lags. The Oracle server is 8.1.7 located in other server, and the web-server is the Oracle client. In windows 2000, I never had any performance issue with Oracle (actually Oracle was the fastest of all three database) Now that I move the application to Windows 2003 with IIS 6 on, the performance really lags. I have tried using both ODBC and OLE DB Drivers (from Microsoft and Oracle), and none of them seem to make any improvements. Any ideas of what's going on? seungykim@hotmail.com (Seung Y. Kim) wrote in news:d75ccfe9.0409011621.75e23d8d@posting.google.com: > Hi everyone. > > I am having a big performance issue with my ASP application with > Oracle database. > > The application itself is a very database-generic one, so I can switch > from Access to SQLServer to Oracle with ease. > > The web-application runs great with Access and SQLServer. But when it > comes to Oracle, the performance really lags. > > The Oracle server is 8.1.7 located in other server, and the web-server > is the Oracle client. In windows 2000, I never had any performance > issue with Ora...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 ...

Oracle 9iR2 32bit on windows 2003 server 64bit
Hi all, I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003 server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture. Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not a supported scenario. Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i. Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original requested configuration (like the subject of this post)?? Suggestion?? thank you very much in advance. M. &...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

Oracle 8i and 9i Database concurrently on Windows 2000 Server
I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine , but I am getting getting various errors.. I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a database , I get "Tns protocol error". Cannot complete Net8 configuration and Database configuration while installing 8i Database server. Please help me for same as i tried installing 8i for many times. I have kept different home names for both 8i and 9i. Forms 6i and D2k 4.5 is already installed on the M/c. Is there any sequenc...

Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2003 Cluster Server???
Is it worth looking into putting Oracle 8.1.7 on a Win2k3 cluster. Only Oracle 9.2.0 is certified on a W2k3 cluster, but applications (support contracts) prevent us from upgrading to Oracle 9. Experience anyone? On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:55:37 +0200, rbs <r_boumannl@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it worth looking into putting Oracle 8.1.7 on a Win2k3 >cluster. >Only Oracle 9.2.0 is certified on a W2k3 cluster, but applications >(support contracts) prevent us from upgrading to Oracle 9. > >Experience anyone? Oracle 8.1.7 will evidently not be certified against winblows 2003...

Oracle 10 g installation problem on windows 2003 server
Hi, 1. I have made a download from the oracle.com homepage for "oracle db 10g release 1 (10.1.0.2) enterprise standard personal edition for ms windows 32bit". When I let the setup run I get allways the following error messsage - "OCR could not be initialized". What could I do to sucessfully install this oracle version for testing on a machine. I heard also there exist a patch#3555863for that problem but I have no access to metalink. Where can I get that patch? What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some (5) client licenses). I want...

help searching for oracles and Oracles and ORACLES
Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell and thank you for your help before. I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it id1 Description 1 oracle oracle oracle oracle 2 oracle school oracle school school school 6 the school the party the oracle How can I get SQL to get rows with Oracle or oracle (first letter is upcase) or ORACLE My SQL is select * from table2 where description like '%oracle%' or description like '%Oracle' or description like '%ORACLE%' In access '%oracle%' works in upcase or lower case but in Oracle I have to keep testing for all cases. The word might be oRaCLe but I don't want to write them all. How can I do this Thank you Jon Hi Jon, I would suggest the following: select * from table2 where instr(lower(description),'oracle') > 0; lower will make all the characters in the description field lowercase so you only need to test for lower case characters. instr will return > 0 if it finds any occurance of the word 'oracle' Hope this helps, C On Feb 18, 3:44=A0pm, jharbo...@googlemail.com wrote: > Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell > and thank you for your help before. > > I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it > > id1 =A0 =A0 =A0Description > =A01 =A0 =A0...

Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Advance Server vs Solaris 10 ?
Dear Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering stability/performance/maintainen for web application) ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with above oracle 10g and OS. There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) Thanks in Advance On Mar 27, 7:10=A0am, Hardesh <...

Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Advance Server vs Solaris 10 ?
Dear Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. For a internet application, which is a suggested combination (considering stability/performance/maintainen for web application) ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with above oracle 10g and OS. There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) Thanks in Advance Hardesh wrote: > Dear User...

installing Oracle 10g on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise problem. Help !
when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the end of instlalation i got following errors: "DIM-00019: create service error. O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type." i click on ok and then i got: "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" i click on ignore and i got again: "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" i click on ignore and at the end i got: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the following error- 'job_queue_processes' mu...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db us...

Why Oracle 10g doesn't work with Windows Server 2003
Hello I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and o Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, th OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start Hoping that you've already solved this problem.. Regard Did you follow the install instructions? Is another version of oracle already installed and running? Do you meet all the pre-requisites? Ghaith wrote: > Hello, > > I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and on > Windows XP Pro... with no probl...

Hi all I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris server, the IP address and box name will be changed. Oracle version is 8.1.7 and O/S is 5.8 on both servers ( just different O/S patch). Does any one know what I need to do in order to get oracle up and running again on the new server. I know that I will need to change the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora, but is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks Teresa Teresa wrote: > Hi all > > I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris > server, the IP address and box name will...

Web resources about - Oracle and Windows Server 2003 - comp.databases.oracle

The Windows Blog

Passengers urinate out of car window while travelling 100km/h
The actions of two car passengers who appeared to lean out a car window to urinate while travelling at 100kmh on a Southland highway are being ...

Chrome OS distro for regular PCs can now dual-boot with Windows
... A few months ago, we wrote about CloudReady , a version of the open source Chromium OS from Neverware that can transform older Windows PCs ...

Gozi Banking Trojan is now fully compatible with the Edge browser in Windows 10
... just looking for ripe pickings. One is the Gozi Banking Trojan, which injects its code into the operating system via the browser. With Windows ...

Through Google Glass — How much is that kitty in the window?
YouTube caption: "Gray Cat wakes from a restful nap in the late afternoon, tolerating my annoying presence with her usual patience and good humor." ...

Find and recover Windows files
How to find recent downloads and other docs, and how to rescue deleted files.

Preliminary data shows small Windows 10 gains after upgrade offered to older PCs
Windows 10 usage has increased since Microsoft began serving the operating system as an automatic upgrade to PCs running Windows 7 or Windows ...

In luxury hotel, a window on Uganda's bid to forget its troubled past
Christian Science Monitor In luxury hotel, a window on Uganda's bid to forget its troubled past Christian Science Monitor The former Nile ...