f



a database, is a database, is a err database

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access
data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices 
(odbc, oledb)
and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above
all, my services)'  answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have
some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this,
the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit
now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock.

Regards,

-Jim



0
Jim
2/15/2005 8:51:38 AM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

9 Replies
1640 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

Jim wrote:

> How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to
> access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be
> 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb)
> and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and
> above all, my services)'  answer. I think most of these pick flavors
> should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone
> needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them
> how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and
> sad marketing schlock.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> -Jim

Jim who?  I wonder?

What is this? An attack on capitalism?  Providing services for those
who perhaps lack the time, skill, or knowledge to perform such tasks is
hardly a crime.

Maybe "standard" odbc and oledb isn't good enough or practical for all
situations.

Education?  Well, put up or shut up.  I don't see your long, detailed
posts explaining how to do these things, nor any offers for one on one
personal assistance.  Is that because it would take time?  And for
many, time actually is money?

-- 
Kevin Powick
0
Kevin
2/15/2005 2:21:06 PM
dittos to what Kevin said.

This sounds like a troll but I'll take a bite.

I think Jim's observation is only half correct.  He notices the same
questions coming up all the time but then blames the people who offer
for-fee solutions.  Did it occur to him that the questions are often
about decade old technology where there ARE free solutions for people
who would only do some reading to learn about them?  If someone
doesn't want to do their own research, I'll be happy to sell them a
modern tool that will last at least until the next generation - which
in our market is about a year if we're lucky.  I'll also sell
education - but someone has to pay my bills or I won't be able to
afford the network connection to provide free advice, so as always:
suggestions and vague responses are free - real answers will cost ya.
Pay me or spend your own time trying to figure out the world of
technology, but you're going to pay someone.  Free is not.

And since you mentioned it, the DBMS providers to have ODBC and OLEDB
connectivity into their environments - do a little reading.  The
problem is that they are often slow and subject to break.  Even people
who sell tools for these server options will tell you they are
unsuitable for updates, only for inquiry.

(Per my ongoing "lead, follow, or get out of the way" mantra" I have
sent a note to "certain people" to review these issues and consider
the end-user perspective of how usable the various connectivity
options actually are.)

So in the world as it is, as long as there are people who don't
educate themselves, and as long as there are products that do have
questionable and/or complex connectivity/technology, then there will
always be a place for people to sell their time for education and/or
development to fill the gaps.

T
0
Tony
2/16/2005 12:49:03 AM
Bravo, Tony :>
0
Concerned
2/16/2005 4:51:34 PM
 I often lurk here being a newbie with 7 years experience.  
I feel the same way that Tony does.  I know that there are things
that I could never figure out with my inexperience.  

I figure that all of us could build a car for instance.  Some people
can build that car quicker and better than I.  If I need that car
quickly why re-invent the wheel and take 10 times as long and have a
crappy time of it.  I have no problem with people
wanting to sell their services here.  I think we should consider
ourselves very lucky that the likes of Tony, Mark, and many of the
others that due impart their knowledge here free of charge! (sorry for
anyone I left off the list)   I know that they have helped me out
indirectly here by posting some good tips.  

Thanks Tony and all the others for the time and information that you
do post here.  I always enjoy your posts.

Oz in PA
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:49:03 -0800, Tony Gravagno
<g6q3x9lu53001@sneakemail.com.invalid> wrote:

>dittos to what Kevin said.
>
>This sounds like a troll but I'll take a bite.
>
>I think Jim's observation is only half correct.  He notices the same
>questions coming up all the time but then blames the people who offer
>for-fee solutions.  Did it occur to him that the questions are often
>about decade old technology where there ARE free solutions for people
>who would only do some reading to learn about them?  If someone
>doesn't want to do their own research, I'll be happy to sell them a
>modern tool that will last at least until the next generation - which
>in our market is about a year if we're lucky.  I'll also sell
>education - but someone has to pay my bills or I won't be able to
>afford the network connection to provide free advice, so as always:
>suggestions and vague responses are free - real answers will cost ya.
>Pay me or spend your own time trying to figure out the world of
>technology, but you're going to pay someone.  Free is not.
>
>And since you mentioned it, the DBMS providers to have ODBC and OLEDB
>connectivity into their environments - do a little reading.  The
>problem is that they are often slow and subject to break.  Even people
>who sell tools for these server options will tell you they are
>unsuitable for updates, only for inquiry.
>
>(Per my ongoing "lead, follow, or get out of the way" mantra" I have
>sent a note to "certain people" to review these issues and consider
>the end-user perspective of how usable the various connectivity
>options actually are.)
>
>So in the world as it is, as long as there are people who don't
>educate themselves, and as long as there are products that do have
>questionable and/or complex connectivity/technology, then there will
>always be a place for people to sell their time for education and/or
>development to fill the gaps.
>
>T

0
Oz
2/16/2005 5:12:20 PM
Let me THIRD that, Tony!!!!!!!!!!!! :^)

MW

Oz wrote:
> I often lurk here being a newbie with 7 years experience.
> I feel the same way that Tony does.  I know that there are things
> that I could never figure out with my inexperience.
>
> I figure that all of us could build a car for instance.  Some people
> can build that car quicker and better than I.  If I need that car
> quickly why re-invent the wheel and take 10 times as long and have a
> crappy time of it.  I have no problem with people
> wanting to sell their services here.  I think we should consider
> ourselves very lucky that the likes of Tony, Mark, and many of the
> others that due impart their knowledge here free of charge! (sorry
for
> anyone I left off the list)   I know that they have helped me out
> indirectly here by posting some good tips.
>
> Thanks Tony and all the others for the time and information that you
> do post here.  I always enjoy your posts.
>
> Oz in PA
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:49:03 -0800, Tony Gravagno
> <g6q3x9lu53001@sneakemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> >dittos to what Kevin said.
> >
> >This sounds like a troll but I'll take a bite.
> >
> >I think Jim's observation is only half correct.  He notices the same
> >questions coming up all the time but then blames the people who
offer
> >for-fee solutions.  Did it occur to him that the questions are often
> >about decade old technology where there ARE free solutions for
people
> >who would only do some reading to learn about them?  If someone
> >doesn't want to do their own research, I'll be happy to sell them a
> >modern tool that will last at least until the next generation -
which
> >in our market is about a year if we're lucky.  I'll also sell
> >education - but someone has to pay my bills or I won't be able to
> >afford the network connection to provide free advice, so as always:
> >suggestions and vague responses are free - real answers will cost
ya.
> >Pay me or spend your own time trying to figure out the world of
> >technology, but you're going to pay someone.  Free is not.
> >
> >And since you mentioned it, the DBMS providers to have ODBC and
OLEDB
> >connectivity into their environments - do a little reading.  The
> >problem is that they are often slow and subject to break.  Even
people
> >who sell tools for these server options will tell you they are
> >unsuitable for updates, only for inquiry.
> >
> >(Per my ongoing "lead, follow, or get out of the way" mantra" I have
> >sent a note to "certain people" to review these issues and consider
> >the end-user perspective of how usable the various connectivity
> >options actually are.)
> >
> >So in the world as it is, as long as there are people who don't
> >educate themselves, and as long as there are products that do have
> >questionable and/or complex connectivity/technology, then there will
> >always be a place for people to sell their time for education and/or
> >development to fill the gaps.
> >
> >T

0
mwright
2/16/2005 8:02:52 PM
* turning red *

Gee, thanks guys.  Gosh, now I feel so good I just want to give away
free software.

huh?
0
Tony
2/16/2005 10:20:26 PM
Tony Gravagno wrote:
> * turning red *
> 
> Gee, thanks guys.  Gosh, now I feel so good I just want to give away
> free software.
> 
> huh?
Tony put down the beer *now*.
Don't turn red, bill em till they do. ;) I rarely post
*complete solutions* because that would make me a sl**
instead of a wh***. I have some standards and one is
you can't give it away.

My 2, Patrick <;=)

P.S. By the way, I'll  Fourth or err.. Fifth your
comments.
0
Patrick
2/16/2005 11:51:55 PM
6th?
"Patrick Latimer" <"Patrick Latimer"> wrote in message 
news:18idnVoS4IwJQY7fRVn-iA@comcast.com...
> Tony Gravagno wrote:
>> * turning red *
>>
>> Gee, thanks guys.  Gosh, now I feel so good I just want to give away
>> free software.
>>
>> huh?
> Tony put down the beer *now*.
> Don't turn red, bill em till they do. ;) I rarely post
> *complete solutions* because that would make me a sl**
> instead of a wh***. I have some standards and one is
> you can't give it away.
>
> My 2, Patrick <;=)
>
> P.S. By the way, I'll  Fourth or err.. Fifth your
> comments. 


0
Simon
2/17/2005 9:37:13 PM
My apologies to all; after rereading this I can certainly see where it comes 
across as a bit 'trollish'. (not to mention outside of the appropriate 
thread). I guess that was triggered by the last pint of the evening. ( a 
fishersmoke moment if you will). I really didn't mean to come across so 
abrasive and do hope you forgive me. My point was that education i.e. 
training on how to use the ancillary middleware products which are offered 
by most pick-like providers (and are industry standards) should be the 
services that you charge for and not proprietary solutions involving 
terminal emulators or csv files or anything to that extent.

again, I apologize.

-Jim

"Kevin Powick" <nospam@spamless.com> wrote in message 
news:xn0dyj2qkk851n000@news21.on.aibn.com...
> Jim wrote:
>
>> How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to
>> access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be
>> 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb)
>> and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and
>> above all, my services)'  answer. I think most of these pick flavors
>> should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone
>> needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them
>> how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and
>> sad marketing schlock.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Jim
>
> Jim who?  I wonder?
>
> What is this? An attack on capitalism?  Providing services for those
> who perhaps lack the time, skill, or knowledge to perform such tasks is
> hardly a crime.
>
> Maybe "standard" odbc and oledb isn't good enough or practical for all
> situations.
>
> Education?  Well, put up or shut up.  I don't see your long, detailed
> posts explaining how to do these things, nor any offers for one on one
> personal assistance.  Is that because it would take time?  And for
> many, time actually is money?
>
> -- 
> Kevin Powick 


0
Jim
2/22/2005 6:52:03 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase
DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase Porfessional Programmable Database Ver. 2.0 2.1 Million Record Capacity. Search Rate: 2000/Records/Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Email). Easy Paypal Online Ordering. See Site Below. http://www.vehiclerepair.org/dbPro/dbpro.html ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase
DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase Porfessional Programmable Database Ver. 2.0 2.1 Million Record Capacity. Search Rate: 2000/Records/Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Email). Easy Paypal Online Ordering. See Site Below. http://www.vehiclerepair.org/dbPro/dbpro.html Scott: #DataBase...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Email). http://w...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Em...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Em...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Em...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Email). http://www.vehiclerepair.org/dbPro/dbpro.html ...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Em...

Database Database Database Database Software Cheap #2
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Em...

Database Database Database Software Cheap
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Em...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

How to copy a sun-database in one informix database to another informix database?
Hi, Sorry I am not an informix dba, and I was faced to copy a sub-database(sorry I don't know the clear name of such concept, as informix is like sql-server, which used multiple database) from one informix database system to another informix database. I know in oracle, we can use transportable tablespace, copy the datafile and transport the metadata, and do something else. How can I do it in informix then? Is there document which talk about the detail step? Thanks It would really help if you knew the versions of the Informix databases. Assuming Informix IDS 7.x or IDS...

Split a Database into multiple databases
Hi All, I have a database which has terms (english words) as key values and I need to take up all keys from the database and segregate them into multiple databases according to the first letter of the key values. For example if the database has the following keys, 1. abroad 2. async 3. method 4. mind 5. zebra What I need to do is create three databases with abroad, async in one method, mind in another and zebra in another. I could do it using cursor and taking up one key value at a time, comparing the first alphabets and storing the database records to the concerned database...

Extracting a Database to a seperate Database
Is it possible to extract part of a database and create it in a seperate database? I have a large database and would like to take about 10 screens out and put them into a seperate file? Is there a quick and easy way of doing this or must I delete and re-create the new database? Falcon in article Pnh1c.8696$Db4.1479@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk, Falcon at ernie-no-spam-faulkner@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 3/3/04 4:18 AM: > Is it possible to extract part of a database and create it in a seperate > database? > > I have a large database and would like to take about 10 screens out...

Database Links for replication between databases
Hello, Until now we do not want to use Database Links for security reasons. But an application needs to access informations that are on two separate DB. As we can not use an asynchrone mecanism (night job of export/import for example) the application provider would like to use Database Links. When a change occurs on the remote DB, a trigger then retrieve new informations into a dedicated table on the local DB. Question : is it an other way to do that ? Regards. ...

database reorg for large databases?
Greetings, My upper management is interested in what other companies do as far as reorg'ing large database(s). In my case I have a Peoplesoft database that is 336 gigs (used). Recent testing proved that a full database reorg (export/import) takes ~90 hrs. The last time I performed a reorg my database was ~220 gig and I was able to complete this in a weekend. I have presented several options (listed below) to management but they are very much interested in knowing how others deal with large databases and reorgs. If you have a moment and perform(ed) some type of database re...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Database variables when copying a database
Hi, When you do this: CREATE DATABASE test TEMPLATE master; It doesn't copy any per-database GUC variables, created by the ALTER DATABASE master SET var TO val; command. Should it? Chris ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings Anyone thought about this at all yet? Is it possible to have per-database variables that refer to the current database in someway that would need to be altered to refer to the new db? Chris Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote: > Hi, ...

open database from another database
I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like to automate the back-up of an Access application to a writeable CD drive. I've got the process of creating a folder on the CD with the back-up date done, and I can copy the database objects (there are four MDB files in total) to the CD. All of that works. Here's my problem: because Access databases cannot be copied when they are open, I need to have my CD writing code in a new MDB, and will need to launch the new CD writing MDB from within one of the existing databases. I've don...

database control for several database
How do we arbitrarily set the ports for each database? On Oct 25, 9:39 am, eliot06 <p.hi...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do we arbitrarily set the ports for each database? Any why would you not want to just use the default ports? On 25 oct, 18:56, EdStevens <quetico_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Oct 25, 9:39 am, eliot06 <p.hi...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > How do we arbitrarily set the ports for each database? > > Any why would you not want to just use the default ports? yes i want, but how can i do to find them ? On Oct 25, 11:09 am, eliot06 <p.hi...@gma...

database control for multiple database
Hi, some one could tel me how can i do to connect onto web interface witk multiple database 10g on the same server whitout grid control? Typically : LIST_SID=UID1 UID2 http://hostname:1158/em ===> UID1 or UID2 thank's On 25 oct, 16:27, eliot06 <p.hi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > some one could tel me how can i do to connect onto web interface witk > multiple database 10g on the same server whitout grid control? > > Typically : > > LIST_SID=UID1 UID2 > > http://hostname:1158/em===> UID1 or UID2 > > thank's How can i do to specify port ...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/slib/Relational-Database.html#Relational-Database scheme relational database?
does this work? has anyone here used this? ...

Web resources about - a database, is a database, is a err database - comp.databases.pick

Database - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A database is an organized collection of data . The data are typically organized to model aspects of reality in a way that supports processes ...

Database - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... requiring information. For example, modelling the availability of rooms in hotels in a way that supports finding a hotel with vacancies. Database ...

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

Resources last updated: 2/24/2016 1:58:28 AM