Exception raised in GCI subroutine: Access Violation

On 12 Feb 1998, 08:00, "David Wolverton" <dwolver...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> I thought adding my specific problem might be useful...
>
> I have a 'black-box' routine that I have compiled into theGCIto create a
> .DLL in UniVerse NT. The routine aborts with an 'Exception raised inGCIsubroutine: Access Violation.'  Thissubroutineworks in a 'C' only
> environment, and works using UniData's C interface. I am signed into UV as
> Administrator, so that should kill any security issues... In UniData, the
> routine is passed as:
>
> FuncName:int:11:pointer,int,int,string,int,string,int,int,string,int,string
>
> in UD's cfuncdef file.
>
> In theGCI, I have set it up as:
>
> Return Value: int   (since theGCIwon't support BOOL)
>
> 7.1     I       char*
> 7.2     I       int        (no row info on any int or BOOL)
> 7.3     I       BOOL  (it is a BOOL in real life, but UD didn't support them)
> 7.4     I       char*
> 7.5     I       BOOL  (ditto)
> 7.6     I       char*
> 7.7     I       BOOL  (ditto)
> 7.8     I       BOOL  (ditto)
> 7.9     I       char*
> 7.10    I       BOOL  (ditto)
> 7.11    I       char*
>
> The header definition in the C function (which is all I know about it!) is:
> typedef void *tLocFindCtx;
> typedef enum { a, b, c, d } tLocLevel;
> PREFIX BOOL POSTFIX FuncName (tLocFindCtx pCtx,
>                                 tLocLevel pLevel,
>                                 BOOL pStatePrefix,
>                                 char *pState,
>                                 BOOL pCountyPrefix,
>                                 char *pCounty,
>                                 BOOL pCityPrefix,
>                                 BOOL pCityCompress,
>                                 char *pCity,
>                                 BOOL pZipPrefix,
>                                 char *pZip);
>
> The routine on UniVerse NT generates the Access Violation, UniData does
> not. What does 'Access Violation' mean in UVspeak? I checked security of
> all related items, and they seem to be OK, again, I'm logged in as Admin...
>
> Any suggestions would be MOST welcome.

Hello,

I realise this is a very long shot, given that the original post was
made almost 10 years ago, but desperate things and all that...

I am having the same error as described above "Exception raised in GCI
subroutine: Access Violation", except I am getting it from a DataBasic
routine.

I am using Datastage 7.5.1r2

The error is occurring in two specific environements on customer site,
with no discernable pattern in terms of data being processed, volume
of data being processed, number of consecutive successful runs of the
routine.  We cannot recreate the problem in the lab.  While I realise
this is indicating an environmental problem, we can't trace it, so I
am hoping for some indication to what is going on so that we can go
about developing a workaround.

The VLIST of the error line (479) indicates

00479 00B34 : 060 dyn_extract    NewData No.Of.Column 0 0  => $R37
00479 00B40 : 06E eq             $R37 "?UN?"  => $R38
00479 00B48 : 060 dyn_extract    NewData No.Of.Column 0 0  => $R39
00479 00B54 : 03C convert        "~" "" $R39  => $R40
00479 00B5E : 1B4 trim           $R40  => $R41
00479 00B64 : 0D0 len            $R41  => $R42
00479 00B6A : 06E eq             $R42 0  => $R43
00479 00B72 : 122 or             $R38 $R43  => $R44
00479 00B7A : 2DE testfw         $R44 00C92:

NewData is @AM delimited array containing the data record.  It is used
quite a lot throughout the routine (which is pretty nasty to be
honest).
No.Of.Column is a counter that assists in looping through the data
fields.

The job misbehaves both under direct running and when scheduled.

The logon used in both circumstances is a local user that's part of
the local administrators group.

Any ideas of what could be going on?

Kind regards,
Mihai
0
mihai
1/23/2008 12:06:45 PM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

raise Exception or raise Exception()
I have seen both forms and I'm not sure if they're both correct, or one is right and the other wrong. In practical terms, the two of them seem to have the same effect. Cheers, Ernest On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 8:58 AM, ernest <nfdisco@gmail.com> wrote: > I have seen both forms and I'm not sure if they're > both correct, or one is right and the other wrong. They're both acceptable (although obviously you should always raise a more specific error than Exception). `raise SomeException` is in fact equivalent to `raise SomeException()`. Providing an err...

exception access violation
Hi, I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access violation error. And my program crashes at this point. Exception raised >>> Exception Name => PROGRAM_ERROR >>> Exception Message => EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Does anyone know what this could mean? Thanks, jade On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 11:31 -0800, Jade wrote: > Hi, > I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access > violation error. And my program crashes at this point. > > Exception raised > >>> Exception Name => PROGRA...

[ace-bugs] ACE_Service_Config::close() exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6A5D2.D5EEBB74 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 5.5 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP service pack1=20 =20 DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? LINKING? On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? EXECUTION? OTHER (please specify)? EXECUTION =20 SYNOPSIS: ACE_Service_Config::close() has exception: =20 Unhandled ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Exception causes access violation
Hi, I have a mind boggling error in VC++ .NET. An exception THException is being thrown, but it seems to cause an accessviolation, but the code is so simple that I cant figure out where the av comes from. MyMesh::Point cog() { if (fCount != 0) return fCoG/fCount; else throw THException("There were no vertices to average..."); <--- this gets thrown } class THException { public: THException(string msg){fMsg = msg;} string getMessage(){return fMsg;} protected: private: string fMsg; }; try { ... mesh.cog() ... } catch(THExceptio...

Catching access violation exceptions
I understand that access violations aren't part of the standard C++ exception handling support. On Windows, a particular MSVC compiler option enables Microsoft's Structured Exception Handling (SEH) in C++ EH so that a catch (...) will catch an access violation. I don't know if other platforms support something similar. I'm wondering about how to best protect an application or library from poorly written user-defined callbacks. It would be nice to be able to automatically unregister a user-defined callback if it is found to cause any exception including access violations. D...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

exception : 0xC0000005: Access Violation
Hi, I am getting the following exception First-chance exception in TestMansoor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation When i run the following code 1 int main(void) 2 { 3 char* str1 = "MA"; 4 char s = str1[0]; 5 str1[0] = 'r'; 6 return 0; 7 } i'm getting exception on line 5. Why? Bye. batista wrote: > Hi, > > I am getting the following exception > > First-chance exception in TestMansoor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation > > When i run the following code > > 1 int main(void) > 2 { > 3 char* str1 = "MA"; > 4 char s = str1[0]...

unhandled exception : Access Violation
Hi Guys, I am getting a unhandled exception : access violation. Have been remarking bits out... Still havent fixed it, but this is where I am at: My program runs for a little while, draws the graphics on screen, but after a few seconds throws the above error. [code] int DrawGLScene(GLvoid) // Here's Where We Do All The Drawing { int i; GLfloat radius_1=1.8f; GLfloat radius_2=2.0f; GLfloat radius_3=2.2f; //////////XSENS STUFF ////////////// GetData(); /////////////////////////////////// glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); // Clear Screen And Depth Buffer glL...

access violation in database client dll
Hi background: I have a client server database project that includes 2 procedures, that use 2 separate query components. The first procedure,(createNewRecordProject2)clears the first query's sql, adds a new simple 'select * from table1 where' style statement, opens the query and then does a record count. The second procedure (not shown below as problem now moved)uses a different query to access data in the same database table ie table1. If i run procedure1, then procedure 2 and then procedure 1 again, I get the error access violation in module fbclient.dll (the database ...

Update an access database when a javascript event is raised
Hello, I would like to update an access database when, for example, the onchange event in a dropdownlist is raised. I am new in javascript, so please send me the right syntax. I was thinking to call an applet method, but I don't know how to pass a complex object (as a sql Statement in java) through a javascript call. Thanks to everyone will answer me!! Gabriele wrote: > Hello, > I would like to update an access database when, for example, the > onchange event in a dropdownlist is raised. > I am new in javascript, so please send me the right syntax. > I was th...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and sc...

R e: Catching access violation exceptions
In article <slrnbnj19j.av.juergen@monocerus.manannan.org>, Juergen Heinzl wrote: >In article <f93791bd.0309282133.650da850@posting.google.com>, Steven Reddie wrote: >> I understand that access violations aren't part of the standard C++ >> exception handling support. On Windows, a particular MSVC compiler >> option enables Microsoft's Structured Exception Handling (SEH) in C++ >> EH so that a catch (...) will catch an access violation. I don't know >> if other platforms support something similar. >> >> I'm wondering abo...

WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000000
Hello! I am using cTypes on Windows to interface with a dll and I keep getting an error when I execute this method: def eDigitalIn(self, channel, idNum = None, demo = 0, readD=0): """ Name: U12.eAnalogIn(channel, idNum = None, demo = 0, readD=0) Args: See section 4.4 of the User's Guide Desc: This is a simplified version of Counter. Reads & resets the counter (CNT). """ if idNum is None: idNum = self.id ljid = ctypes.c_long(idNum) state = ctypes.c_long(999) ecode = staticLib.ECount(ctypes.byref(ljid), demo, channel, readD, ctypes.byref(state)) if ecode != 0: raise LabJackException(ecode) if ljid == -1: raise LabJackException(-1, "LabJack not found.") return {"idnum":ljid.value, "state":state.value} Here is the error message: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in <module> device.eDigitalIn(0) File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Python \LabJackPython_new\u12.py", line 118, in eDigitalIn ecode = staticLib.ECount(ctypes.byref(ljid), demo, channel, readD, ctypes.byref(state)) WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000000 Here is the signature of the method (which is known to work with C++ programs): long _stdcall EDigitalIn(long *idnum, long demo, long channel, long readD, ...

Update an access database when a javascript event is raised
Hello, I would like to update an access database when, for example, the onchange event in a dropdownlist is raised. I am new in javascript, so please send me the right syntax. I was thinking to call an applet method, but I don't know how to pass a complex object (as a sql Statement in java) through a javascript call. Thanks to everyone will answer me!! In article <2860c46c.0312141159.1fda453b@posting.google.com>, Gabriele <_lamia@email.it> wrote: >Hello, >I would like to update an access database when, for example, the >onchange event in a dropdownlist is ...

php_java.dll throws Access Violation Exception
I am trying to use the php_java.dll and php5servlet.dll - from pecl-5.1.4-win32.zip - dated 5/04/2006 to execute php in a Tomcat5.5.9 servlet environment. Java 1.5.0 I finally got a configuration that will start executing the single php tag: <?php phpinfo(); ?> This starts an HTML page and writes lots of configuration information but does not finish the page. Java reports: # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x1000219e, pid=356, tid=1848 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_05-b05 mixed mo...

New version 7109: Exception Access Violation!
The new "Paid Mode" version 7.1.0.9 is giving me the error shown below. This is happening when my PC is idle (I'm usually not even in the room) and Eudora is automaticlly checking for new incoming mail. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks, MrBill ------------------------------------ Mon Oct 16 12:08:16 2006 7.1.0.9 Eudora.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module mshtml.dll at 001B:7DE89D5B, com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal()+685299 byte(s) MrBill <NoSpam@NoSpam.Com> wrote in news:3j18j2tqfia0man1dvc9m6vpffgqonrghl@4ax.com: > This is ...

Unhandled exception in mmc.exe: : Access violation
Hi all, Since yesterday I'm unable to lauch the enterprise manager, it gives the following error : Unhandled exception at 0x0101f07e in mmc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000064. The weird thing is that except installing the office xp PIA's I can't image what else could be changed on my system. I tried reinstalling, but still the same error. I tried SP3a, still nothing changed. Searched in some groups and it seems that not much can be found about it, so my inspiration is running dry. Anyone had this problem ? Anyone any suggestions how to solve it ? Re...

Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) from OracleClient
Hi, My application is written in VC++ and I'm using oo4o library. Sometimes the apllication crashes on some Execute Statements that call to different stored procedure. The crash dump is like: FramePtr ReturnAd Param#1 Param#2 Param#3 Param#4 Function Name 046ED6E8 6022CD6D 00000000 03C31C08 03C31BF4 00000000 oracommon8!vsnupr 046EDF44 60B163AD 039644E8 00000000 039644E8 03962DB8 oracommon8!ttcdrv 046EDF5C 604B4228 03962E5C 00000000 604CA928 039644E8 oran8!nioqwa 046EDF9C 6048429D 03975670 0000005E 039643E4 039636B4 oraclient8!xaolog 046EDFD0 6045FE1A 03962DB8 0000005...

program error (exception access violation) in windows
> raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION We have tried, in numerous ways, to come up with an ada library that can be used by c programs. The ada program needs to return a pretty large and ugly dynamic structure. For the sake of discussion, think of it as an array of structs (with pointers to dynamic sub-arrays). I've gotten it to work flawlessly under linux using shared libraries. I use a combination of importing malloc() and the Ada.Address_To_Access_Conversions package. In this way, I can malloc the correctly sized eventual c data-structure, and use the created access fro...

Exception error at during runtime when trying to update Access Database
I am using the OleDbDataAdapter object linked to a Microsoft Access database and during runtime when the code attepmts to update the adapter with the code: oleMovieLibAdapter.Fill(dsMovieLib, "movielibrary") I get the following error: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in system.data.dll Here is all of my code for the add movie button: 'declare variables Dim Movie_Row As DataRow 'Create new row in table Movie_Row = dsMovieLib.Tables("movielibrary").NewRow '...

matlab is closed suddenly when simulink is open ( EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION )
I have a problem while opening simulink model matlab is closed suddenly. I used windows xp and below is error log in my matlab directory : # # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x7c93426d, pid=3156, tid=3676 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_07-b03 mixed mode) # Problematic frame: # C [ntdll.dll+0x3426d] # --------------- T H R E A D --------------- Current thread (0x015bbff0): JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_native, id=3676] siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, readin...

Unhandled Exception: Access violation --> Program runs successfully???
Hello all, I've just posted this on microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel, but thought someone over here might have some better information on this subject. Please read on... I'm currently writing a program on W2k SP4 using VS6.0. During Debug, I can see several Unhandled Exceptions from Kernel32.DLL which are reported as Access violations at 0xC0000005. However, the program runs successfully without any problem. So far I've seen access violations always as fatal errors, sometimes even causing the system to become unstable. This time, it seems almost as if these e...

Web resources about - Exception raised in GCI subroutine: Access Violation - comp.databases.pick