Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9

Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte
level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch
initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000
or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

--Ryan N.
0
rnorth
1/29/2004 11:23:43 PM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

Ryan N. wrote:
> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte
> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch
> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000
> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9.
>
> Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --Ryan N.

Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the
scripting to move it on.

www.asent.com

Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check
out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces,
and has most of the tools pre-built.  He is at
http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the
(no spam)

HTH, Patrick <;=)

0
Latimerp
1/30/2004 12:36:16 AM
"(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote:

>Ryan N. wrote:
>> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte
>> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch
>> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000
>> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9.
>>
>> Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> --Ryan N.
>
>Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the
>scripting to move it on.
>
>www.asent.com
>
>Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check
>out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces,
>and has most of the tools pre-built.  He is at
>http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the
>(no spam)
>
>HTH, Patrick <;=)

Thanks for the referral Patrick.  I'm not a U2 guy but I can refer
Ryan to a couple resources.

- For great info on ODBC with Unidata, get this doc:
http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/9173.pdf
- Subscribe to the U2 discussion list here.  There are a lot of people
much more qualified that myself on this topic who can give you some
hands-on advice.

Generally, you can connect into Unidata directly via ODBC.  For more
regular exchanges you might want to extract the data from SQL Server
or MS Access with a .NET Data Provider, then get into Unidata using
other tools, including free UniObjects or UniODBC, or commercial
products like RedBack or the Pick Data Provider .NET.  The solution
depends on your application.  Again, I'm not an expert with Unidata
connectivity, but I may be able to help whittle down your options if
you'd like to provide more info about your application.

Regards,
Tony
TG@mungehereNebula-RnD.com
(munging a URL http:here//somedomain.com still leads to spam.)
0
Tony

Problem by design
Hi. Sorry for cross posting! After I've installed MS-SQL Server 2000, I've got a problem each time I open a table, view or diagram in design, in a MS-Access project. Something like a table is popping up, but only the headline of the table, there is no name in the headline. The (ghost) table is automatic getting focus, (like a dialog box), and I can't do anything. I can close the (ghost) table using ALT-F4 combination, but it is very annoying me. I've tried to uninstall both the MS-SQL Server 2000 and MS-Access 2000, I've also tried to compact and repair the dat...

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 30...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13...

[...]

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

MS SQL Server 2000 / MS Access
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. No idea - it depends how big the tables are, what your queries look like, how you execute your queries etc. If you're using stored procedures, for example, then I would expect MSSQL to be faster, as all...

Permissions Issue when linking to MS SQL 2000 DB from MS Access XP
Hello, We have a database in MS SQL 2000 and I'm trying to link to it from MS Access XP. I've created a user with full access to one specific table in the MS SQL database, but Access won't write to it. I can open this table in MS Query Analyzer and log-in as the user, and I can do update, delete, and select queries just fine... but when I link to the table from MS Access using the same MS SQL username/password, I can only read the data... no write or delete. Since I can update data fine in MS Query Analyzer, I assume permissions are setup properly. Anyone know why I can not ed...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

ODBC connection
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:23:48 +0200, "Kamyk" <marcinzmyslowski@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Hello all! > >I have such question to all of you. >I have some tables linked from MS SQL Serv...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access #2
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

How to access data in MS Access and/or SQL Server?
I am watching a Matlab tutorial titled 'Modeling Variable Annuities with MATLAB' IN the video/tutorial, the commentator accesses a Database. I click Start > Toolboxes > Database > Visual Query Builder. Under ‘Data source’, the commentator has several data sources. I followed his steps; have only 3: Excle Files MS Access Database dBase Files I know you can access SQL Server, and I have it installed on my machine, but I don’t see it listed in the data source choices. So, my question consists of two parts: #1) How can I add SLQ Server to my ‘data source’ ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention t...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #5
Wayne Boyer wrote: >pete@bookware3000.ca writes: >>It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we >>once had a Cobol program accessing a PostgreSQL database >>that resided on a Linux server by using the C >>libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. >I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! >Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working >with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working >example of how to access it via COBOL is a great starting point >fo...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
Yes it is possible. We do it. The tools we use are now obsolete. But I am sure there are newer tools available. We use the Oracle Gateway (obsolete) and PROCOBOL (I think also obsolete). The SQL queries generated by the PROCOBOL portion of the COBOL code queries information from Oracle. The COBOL program then writes the information to a VPlus screen just like any other data. I know there are several tools which will allow COBOL to do SQL queries. In combination with any data gateway, ODBC, or other such technology this should get the information into the program. I see you did n...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol program accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the C libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. Pete On July 7, 2003 06:38 pm, Paul H. Christidis wrote: > Folks, > > I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your > collective wisdom: > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > server or an ORACLE data...

Re: Importing data from MS SQL server to SAS 9.1 #2
Hi Nevin, Yes you can. libname x odbc dsn=thetoken; For the sqlsvr engine you can run PROC SETINIT to see if you have the license for the sqlsvr engine. It would look like the line below: proc setinit; run; --SAS/ACC-Microsoft SQL Server For other examples from our most excellent archives, check each of these links out for more examples: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0409D&L=sas-l&P=R2206 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0603D&L=sas-l&P=R24628 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9911A&L=sas-l&P=R6343 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=...

calling external vb.net code in labview and how to connect database(sql server 2000, MS access)
kindly help me in solving my queries. 1) how to call vb.net codes in labview. &nbsp; 2) how to call vb codes in labview. &nbsp; 3) how to connect database like sql server 2000, MS access with labview. &nbsp; kindly mention if there is any tutorial link to my quries. &nbsp; Hi! &nbsp; to point 3) We use the Enterprise connectivity toolkit from NI. Search site about. You also can use DDE to access MS-Access. See Examples that are installed with LabVIEW. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

moved from ms sql 2000 to ms sql2005
database has been recently upgraded from ms sql 2000 to ms sql 2005. are there anything I need to be aware after upgrading to ms sql 2005? for my experience, i got an error if i use column alias in ORDER BY clause which was fine on ms sql 200. thanks HandersonVA (handersonva@hotmail.com) writes: > database has been recently upgraded from ms sql 2000 to ms sql 2005. > are there anything I need to be aware after upgrading to ms sql 2005? Run sp_updatestats on all databases, since statistics from SQL 2000 are invalidated with the upgrade. > for my experience, i got an error if i ...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
> <plug> > > MPE/iX Enterprise Client: > www.advnetsys.com/enterprise.html * Does not require ADO or ODBC Drivers * Uses native access for outstanding performance. * The middleware server is not just limited to Windows - runs on Unix, Linux Windows and HP e3000. * Implements database pooling on the middleware for outstanding performance. * In a addition to database XL, we have available libraries for SAP BAPI and SOAP calls. Regards, David Thatcher Advanced Network Systems, Inc. www.advnetsys.com </plug> While your product sounds interestin...

Accessing legacy data via MS SQL Server linked servers
I need a simple way to access my legacy HP3000 Image and KSAM files from SQL server via a linked server. We currently have Minisoft's ODBC driver, but it does not play well with linked servers and a select for a single record results in the entire table being transferred to the SQL server before the where clause is applied. This causes response times to be in the multiple minute range to return a single data record. As you can imagine this is not workable. Has anyone else been able to successfully link SQL Server and Image this way. Does anyone know of any HP3...

Web resources about - Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9 - comp.databases.pick

Unidata - Home
The Unidata Program Center is pleased to announce theopening of the 2013 Unidata Community Equipment Awardssolicitation. Created under the sponsorship ...

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

ABP TECH - Distributor for IP Cameras, IP Phones & IP Infrastructure
ABP TECH IP Technology Distribution Search form Search English Español 972.831.1600 PartnerStore Selection & Vision We observe trends, research ...

San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tech Analyst - job in San Bernardino, California, US. Read the Tech Analyst - job description and find other At-Tech jobs at Monster.

Software Developer Jobs - Bloomberg
... software developer jobs. Find 82,941 software developer career opportunities - from executive jobs to entry-level. U2 software comprises UniData ...

TM Error Logger - Time Machine Error Reporting for Macintosh OS X
TM Error Logger is a Macintosh Time Machine error reporting program. Do you get those Time Machine Error alert messages and wonder why? Would ...

TN3270 3270 TN5250 5250 ANSI VT WYSE ActiveX. Mobile Terminal Emulation for iPad and iPhone from Century ...
Terminal Emulator and Thin Client Solutions. Terminal Emulation available for a thirty day trial. PIXIL Thin Client and PIXIL Server solve Thin ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

Solution Wizard - Easysoft.com
Products Services Solutions Support OEM Company Blog Easysoft Data Access Solution Wizard CONNECT FROM (CLIENT) Select ONE of the following options: ...

EnterWebHub
Home About Us Tech Ads Corner Privacy Policy Web Hub For Software and Web Technology Enter Web Hub Web Updates Internet Tips Open Source Hub ...