mvBase Server application & Pervasive SQL application on Same Server

I have a project to put two different applications, in two
different databases, onto a single server. I am seeking input
from anyone who has attempted a similar project.

One application is in mvBase 1.3.02, while the other is
in Pervasive SQL.

In a secondary situation, we'll have one application in mvBase
1.3.02, and another in SQL Server.

Both, or all of these databases seem to grab as much free memory
as they can, and not relinquish said memory back to the
system resources pool.

I will be closely monitoring the system wide parameters
and the individual parameters of each application database,
even profiling them, with a extremely lightweight, yet thorough
monitoring process.

Are there any good resource partiioning products out there, that
do not introduce a whole bunch of significant overhead on their
own, that would limit how much memory eack of these databases
has access to?

Operating System will be Windows 2000 Server.

Appreciate any experienced input, or other general advice or
suggestions, from inside, or outside "the box".

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Scott

0
Scott
5/4/2004 11:40:14 PM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

Transfer Database from one Pervasive SQL 2000i server to Another Pervasive SQL 2000i Server
Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. Please advice ASAP Thanks Sajid Saeed Simply copy the files from one server to the other. Sajid Saeed wrote: > Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL > 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. > > Please advice ASAP > > Thanks > > Sajid Saeed If you are just wanting the whole database from one server on another copy the files over. May need to set up an engine DSN on the new server for SQL/ODBC acce...

Application Broker & Application Server
I am trying to get SAS Intrnet work on my laptop. I have downloaded Apache, and installed. Then I ran websrv.exe to install CGI tool setup. I directed the install to the following directories: (1) first prompt samples and support files: c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\sasweb (2) second prompt CGI directory: c:\program files\apache group\apache\cgi-bin (3) third prompt URL corresponding to c:\program files\apache group\apache\cgi-bin: http:\\localhost\cgi-bin Then run Start-Programs-The SAS System-SAS IntrNet-Create a New IntrNet Service using default as service name and 5...

SUN ONE APPLICATION SERVER AND SQL.SERVER
Hi, I noticed that sun1 (which comes with the J2EE SDK1.4) comes with only support for the JDBC drivers for Oracle and Pointbase. I'm trying to build an application which talks to a SQL Server. Does anyone know whether there are any JDBC drivers for SQL Server 2000 and how to set it up? Thanks in advance. SG "cg" <sgoh@pobox.com> wrote in message news:DnMJc.3290$K53.2760@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Hi, > > I noticed that sun1 (which comes with the J2EE SDK1.4) comes with only > support for the JDBC drivers for Oracle and Pointbase. > > I'm...

Open up SQL Server for central server application...
I have an application which runs in many different stores. Stores that are within a chain want to be able to share their client lists. I want to implement a sync process where each application would ping a central server every 5-10 mins to check for changes made by any other store to the client list, if any changes are made it would download the new or modified clients then upload any clients that were modified localy. I want the stores to ping for changes, I don't want to try to implement some kind of real time system where there changes would always be stored directly on the server as ...

Running java client/server application in JBoss (Application Server)
Hi, Can anyone help me how to run an client/server java application in a application server like JBoss? (sorry, I don't know what is the correct term for this) The scenario: I have to connect to an ISO8583 server, and the server require me to send login, echo periodically, in other words, the session is maintained (let's call it ISOThread). I would like to have something like message-driven bean, that will receive a request, and send to this ISOThread to process the request. I can not figure it out, where should this ISOThread live ? in which container ? Better explanation: 1. A Clien...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

[...]

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

VB6/SQL Server application runs locally, but not from server
I have a VB6 SP6 MDAC 2.8 application talking to SQL Server. Once I've installed this application on my local machine I have been able to move the ..exe file to a file server and it runs just fine from there for all my local users. This is very handy for updating the application without having to reinstall it on each user's machine each time. They just use a shortcut pointing to the file server .exe file My problem has become that we have some users at remote locations that VPN into our network who also want to use this application. When it's installed locally on their machine...

WebSphere Application Server & HTTP Server Question
Is there anyone who could explain step by step what I need to do in order to get the HTTP Server & WebSphere Application Server Express operational and communicating with each other for browser based access via WebFacing thru our intranet. We are not at this time setting up access from the internet, it will be strictly via our intranet wan network. I have gone thru the steps in the IBM instructions and have gotten completely confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! Joe Chapman Chatham Steel Corporation Joe, Take a look at http://www.ignite400.org/html/articles/ART200311020...

VB6/SQL Server application runs locally, but not from server
I have a VB6 SP6 MDAC 2.8 application talking to SQL Server. Once I've installed this application on my local machine I have been able to move the ..exe file to a file server and it runs just fine from there for all my local users. This is very handy for updating the application without having to reinstall it on each user's machine each time. They just use a shortcut pointing to the file server .exe file My problem has become that we have some users at remote locations that VPN into our network who also want to use this application. When it's installed locally on thei...

VB6/SQL Server application runs locally, but not from server
I have a VB6 SP6 MDAC 2.8 application talking to SQL Server 2000. Once I've installed this application on my local machine I have been able to move the ..exe file to a file server and it runs just fine from there for all my local users. This is very handy for updating the application without having to reinstall it on each user's machine each time. They just use a shortcut pointing to the file server .exe file My problem has become that we have some users at remote locations that VPN into our network who also want to use this application. When it's installed locally on their ma...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Database Design & Application Server Design
All, New to the list and a relative newbie to PostgreSQL. Please forgive stupid questions. Designing an application server for a work order processing (et al) database. I have a good handle on sequences, referencial integrity, views, & the basics. What books/documentation would you recommend to learn more about... - database design for security - database design for performance - database design for ease of maintenance - triggers and functions Also, the application will require some complex forms, and printing graphical reports (currently served from an Access 20...

How to find SQL Servers & Databases in Each server using BATCH File?
Hi, I need help from you... I want to find SQL Servers which are available in Network and Databases in Each Server Using Batch file. If i run this Batch file it should find SQL Servers & Databases in each server and out put should send to txt file... Is it possible to do this using Batch file??? if possible hw can i??? Plz send me details hw to do... Thanx in Advance, Regards, Raghu Tumma... Mail to: raghutumma@gmail.com ...

Application Server (Http server)
Hello, i have just installed oracle application server (only the web server) in my computer. i have two links in "Start->All programs->Oracle - webserver" : --- Launch Console --- Oracle Application Server Control the "Launch Console" is working ,its openning my http://hostname:80 but my "Oracle Application Server Control" IS NOT WORKING . why? i have not done any setting? how does it support to work ? My configurations : windows server 2003 oracle 10g 10.2.0.0 Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1 Thank you noumian wrote: > Hello, i ...

Application Server for 11g applications
Hi to all, i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't know how to deploy without an application server of the same version (oralce has released only Application Server 10g)... anyone can help me thank you, -- vannyn In message <14439b9f-1d67-44d2-bf9e-fe8b77afdfb4@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, vannyn <ascoltalatuasete@gmail.com> writes >Hi to all, > >i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't >know how to deploy without an application server of the same version >(oralce has released ...

Open Source XML SQL Database and application server
I have been working on a number of open source projects. Those of you who know who I am probably know which ones. Anyway, I have had languishing in the office an application server code base. It is the foundation of a number of products that I sell. (actually give away, but sell the services around). Anyway, I've been playing with SQLite recently as possibly the solution to a contract request to bring some of my server programs to the desktop (Windows, Mac, and maybe Linux). In creating a SQL driver for my code base for SQLite, I suddenly realize that a number of my open source projects...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > &...

Environment and Application Domain between ASP.NET & SQL Server
Hi all, I have posted the same topic under ASP-NET-Developers but had no reply; I then posted it under ASP.Net Community and had also no reply. Hence, i'm posting it here to prevent the impression of spam post ... I have created a SqlContextTrigger using ADO.NET 2.0 to create a trigger on SQL Server 2005. In the class, I create a file and specify its path to be in the Application Domain base directory such as: String Path = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory.ToString() However, the path is always the SQL Server Binn Directory. I'd like to tell the program that I want the path t...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Wondering "Sun One Application Server ver 8 == J2EE 1.4 Application Server (J2EE 1.4 SDK)" ?
Wondering Is Sun One Application Server ver 8 same as J2EE 1.4 Application Server (J2EE 1.4 SDK)" ? Is there any difference? Please advise. ...

Web resources about - mvBase Server application & Pervasive SQL application on Same Server - comp.databases.pick

Report: Apple’s quest for retail stores in India on track as government plans to approve application
... Apple , and India . What do you think? Discuss "Report: Apple’s quest for retail stores in India on track as government plans to approve application" ...

eHosting DataFort to provide next generation data centre services with its Cisco Application-Centric ...
Al-Bawaba eHosting DataFort to provide next generation data centre services with its Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure ... Al-Bawaba ...

NASA just smashed its record for astronaut applications—18,000+
... excitement about the future of NASA, with the space shuttle soon to debut, was palpable. So when the space agency called for astronaut applications, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 25% YoY
From the MBA: Rates Drop, Refi Applications Surge in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications increased 9.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications jump 9.3%
A sharp drop in interest rates prompted more homeowners to refinance their mortgages, especially those with large loans.

European Central Bank Exploring Blockchain Tech Applications
In a new report, the European Central Bank (ECB) has said it is investigating blockchain use within its securities and payments settlement systems. ...

Bjarke Ingels impressed by graduate's video job application
BIG founder Bjarke Ingels says he is "honestly impressed" by young job applicant Étienne Duval, whose covering letter is an animated rap that ...

ARM unveils Cortex-A32 processor for embedded and IoT applications
ARM has announced the Cortex-A32 processor IP designed for 32-bit embedded and IoT applications.

Manhattan Community Board Applications Up This Year, With Harlem at the Top
Community&nbsp;Board 10 received more&nbsp;applications than&nbsp;last year&#39;s leader, Community Board 7.