Printer

... we had a similar experience with THP of conyers ga.  lousy service
and careless reproduction.

Michael
9/17/2003 2:16:05 PM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Pick a PICK
Hi, I last programmed in PICK on an Ultimate mini back in the late 80's and early 90's. I am thinking of brushing up on my PICK skills and am wondering: 1) If you think there is any life left in PICK: are there any sales of PICK-based systems to *new* client companies these days, or is it all legacy support? 2) What PICK vendor offering you personally recommend (support, financial health of vendor) Thanks. #1: I know that there are software vendors with multivalue-based applications who are actively selling their apps to new end users. #2: I'm biased, but I would definitely have to recommend Intersystem's Cach=E9 database. It's an actively developed and enhanced modern product from a healthy company that gives you many more features out of the box than any other vender's offering. On Sep 7, 9:55=A0am, Hlafordlaes <hlafordl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I last programmed in PICK on an Ultimate mini back in the late 80's > and early 90's. I am thinking of brushing up on my PICK skills and am > wondering: > > 1) If you think there is any life left in PICK: are there any sales of > PICK-based systems to *new* client companies these days, or is it all > legacy support? > 2) What PICK vendor offering you personally recommend (support, > financial health of vendor) > > Thanks. On Sep 7, 10:47=A0am, edclark <edcl...@aol.com> wrote: > I'm biased, but I ...

Which printer would you pick from here?
I have only used laser HP printer and HP all-in-one (a little bit) and so have no clue about other printers. I need to buy one to give to someone ..for basic printing. The whole idea is so that I won't have to print direction and what not for that person who can't print on the printer that's on the wireless network where he lives. I don't know (and don't care anymore) to check things in that house. I just need a decent printer to give to this person. Printer shouldn't jam and smear; cartridge should last Locals are selling - a used HP 5610 All-in-one for $...

Looking for PICK or PICK-Like database with no charge for unlimited users
Healthpac Computer Systems has been with Pick Systems / Raining Data for 15 years, but we can no longer afford the user licensing fees at large installations. We are currently bidding on a 350-400 user site, to install our Practice Management and Billing suite of applications, and the seat cost is pricing us out of the market. Are their any alternatives? Please respond to rob@healthpac.net or bdc@healthpac.net with any suggested alternatives to Raining Data D3. Please bear in mind we cannot just throw out our legacy applications or stop supporting our existing 150 client sites. So any new database we go to must be very Pick-like. Thanks, Rob Bergman Rob, Take a look at OpenQM, they have a very reasonably priced per seat licensed product the can be very Pick like. They also have an open source version but be very wary of the GPL agreement. Failure to comply could result in the requirement of your applications needing to be open source as well. I don't know how easy it is to convert you applications but you can post queries on the Google group. Check out openqm.com Regards, Dale Rob Bergman wrote: > Healthpac Computer Systems has been with Pick Systems / Raining Data for 15 > years, but we can no longer afford the user licensing fees at large > installations. We are currently bidding on a 350-400 user site, to install > our Practice Management and Billing suite of applications, and the seat cos...

Printer Ink

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Color laser printer pick
I want to buy a color laser printer with separate color toners, at least 2 input trays, Ethernet interface and duplex mode. I'm thinking about one of these models: - EPSON Aculaser 1900D - OKI Colour 7300DN - HP Color Laser Jet 3700dn I would like some help to make my decision. Thanks. In article <724f1cbe.0402250835.4adb9bdc@posting.google.com>, Jos? Le?a <jl_egitron@hotmail.com> writes >I want to buy a color laser printer with separate color toners, at >least 2 input trays, Ethernet interface and duplex mode. > >I'm thinking about one of these models: >- EPSON Aculaser 1900D >- OKI Colour 7300DN >- HP Color Laser Jet 3700dn There is a new Samsung (IIRC) that has a duplex it was reviewed in the UK in the April edition of either PC Pro of PC Plus. Alternatively you may like to look at Xerox's Phasers which will provide glossier output and true Postcript. -- Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:35:02 +0000, Jos? Le?a wrote (in message <724f1cbe.0402250835.4adb9bdc@posting.google.com>): > I'm thinking about one of these models: > - EPSON Aculaser 1900D > - OKI Colour 7300DN > - HP Color Laser Jet 3700dn > > I would like some help to make my decision. Just last week I purchased a colour laser. My choice was between the Epson 1900PS, OKI C5300, Minolta QMS2350 and Xerox 8200 (this one being a solid ink printer rather than a las...

Printers database on official Solaris10
Some days ago i use Solaris10 x86 b_63, the was a long list of printer models to install. Now in official Solaris10 this list disappear, something broked? kanat@zelnet.ru wrote: > Some days ago i use Solaris10 x86 b_63, the was a long list of printer > models to install. Now in official Solaris10 this list disappear, > something broked? Do you have the SUNWfppd package? # pkginfo -l SUNWfppd PKGINST: SUNWfppd NAME: foomatic_ppds - Foomatic Print PPDs CATEGORY: system ARCH: sparc VERSION: 11.10.0,REV=2004.11.12.03.09 BASEDIR: / VENDOR: Sun Microsys...

How to pick out random samples from a database?
Dear Sir or Madam, I would like to pick out 100 tuples ranging from 200 tuples in the database at random. It means I've 200 samples in the data base, and I want to pick out 100 random samples from the 200 samples in the database. Therefore, how can I carry it out? Thanks Try, >> help randperm -EXAMPLE- >> a=1:20; % Some "data" >> ind=randperm(length(a)); % Random permutation of indices >> b=a(ind(1:10)) % Random elements from a Dear Daniel, Thank you so much. Have a nice weekend Hero daniel ennis wrote: > > > Try, > >>> help...

Excel interface for Pick database
I own a business where our main accounting software is a Pick based system. The author of our software has reached his limits as far as integrating newer technologies. We would like to look into modifying the system to allow for more flexibility including web interfaces for client access, an Excel interface for many of our daily entry tasks etc. We are located in Maryland and the software author reports that he is willing to help make this happen if someone is interested and capable. Please respond if interested. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com "Brian" wrote: >I own a business where our main accounting software is a Pick based system. The author of our software has reached his limits as far as integrating newer technologies. We would like to look into modifying the system to allow for more flexibility including web interfaces for client access, an Excel interface for many of our daily entry tasks etc. We are located in Maryland and the software author reports that he is willing to help make this happen if someone is interested and capable. Please respond if interested. Brian, what you describe is exactly the sort of work that's done here at Nebula R&D. Web GUI with various tools (now a lot more nif...

need help picking a printer
I'm interested in a inkjet printer combined with a scanner. I don't want fax on it. I'm wanting to buy the printer from Dell as they have many to choose from. I would be printing homework assignments as well as color pictures.I would like the printing to be of good quality. Could someone recommend some printers I could take a look at? lordmajax "lordmajax" <lordmajax@comcast.com> wrote in message news:oiwYa.1469$lb1.600@fe11.atl2.webusenet.com... : I'm interested in a inkjet printer combined with a scanner. I don't want fax : on it. I'm wanting to buy the printer from Dell as they have many to choose : from. I would be printing homework assignments as well as color pictures.I : would like the printing to be of good quality. Could someone recommend some : printers I could take a look at? : : lordmajax For the money Epson's CX5200 nice all in one.. I wasn't a all in one fan, this ones selling point for me was the individual color carts on it.. Dell's printers are rebadged Lexmarks. Read as much as you can about Lexmark printers before purchasing one (and that's all I have to say on the subject!) Cari www.coribright.com "lordmajax" <lordmajax@comcast.com> wrote in message news:oiwYa.1469$lb1.600@fe11.atl2.webusenet.com... > I'm interested in a inkjet printer combined with a scanner. I don't want fax > on it. I'm wanting to buy...

ADP PICK database connect to SQL
Hi. I am looking for information on how to connect to an ADP/PIC database with SQL. I am a webdeveloper recently hired by an aut dealer. I am quite new to the pick world, and for that matter, almos all database programming outside of using PHP with mysql All of the dealerships data is stored in a pick database. I am charge with making a website that is able to display that data online. One possible route has been exporting the pick data to csv files an putting them on the linux side and then grabbing them from there an importing them into sql. this seems to be overly complicated however. ideally, i could like to connect to the database via sql an interact with it directly could someone help me get a good start on doing this? is it eve possible? i played around with software like pixieware, but it seeme like it wasn't up to the task. i tried several different connectio configuration files, but they all errored out any ideas? any help is very much appreciated Hi, You are in a fairly common situation. Honestly you have 2 options: 1. Partner with someone who is accomplished in appropriate Pick tools (to expose your data to a web site). Personally, I recommend Tony Gravagno and FlashConnect. 2. Spend many months trying to do this yourself, and in all likelihood fail (or produce sub-par results). Note: We have been working with Tony and it has been a blessing. Jeff "drogers" <drogers@quirkcars-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>...

Web resources about - Printer - comp.databases.pick

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

In a World of Smart Everything, Printers Have Finally Caught Up
... we’re saying is, we want to avoid meeting places that, well, should have never become meeting places. What are we talking about? Slow printers. ...