Test test test

Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing.
Dave Weaver

0
Dave
12/8/2004 9:36:41 PM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

Dave Weaver wrote:
> Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname"
thing.
> Dave Weaver
Well, that worked just great, using nickname "Dave Weaver"

0
Dave
12/8/2004 9:54:02 PM
nofinway@fnh.com

0
Jay
12/9/2004 4:39:47 PM
Dave Weaver wrote:

> Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname"
> thing.  Dave Weaver

Dave,

I hope you realize that by posting via Google Groups, your e-mail
address will be made public to Usenet groups.

Tiny URL http://tinyurl.com/3wxte

Original URL:
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7885&topic=10
9

For this reason, I doubt I would post via Google Groups.

--
Kevin Powick
0
Kevin Powick wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I hope you realize that by posting via Google Groups, your e-mail
> address will be made public to Usenet groups.
>
> Tiny URL http://tinyurl.com/3wxte
>
> Original URL:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7885&topic=10
> 9
>
> For this reason, I doubt I would post via Google Groups.

Ah well, I for one will never surrender to the spammers. My email
address is out there, loud and proud, and my spam filters catch most of
the crap for me. Being forced to munge or hide your email address is
just the first step on the slippery slope, IMO. I want to have a public
email address that people can use, but just not spammers.

Luke
0
Luke
12/9/2004 9:17:18 PM

>Ah well, I for one will never surrender to the spammers. My email
>address is out there, loud and proud, and my spam filters catch most of
>the crap for me. Being forced to munge or hide your email address is
>just the first step on the slippery slope, IMO. I want to have a public
>email address that people can use, but just not spammers.
>
>Luke

I also have never had a problem with spam.  On our business email, we
have enough in place to keep email boxes quite clean and on my
residential email my service provider pretags what it has considered
spam.

Take this address for example:

Between 12-08 00:00:00 and 12-09 00:00:00 I had 41312 messages make it
passed our first layer of protection.  When I get down to my last
layer of protection (my client), it found 7 spam messages, 2 of which
i marked manually.  The total legitimate email I received is a
whopppping.... 295.

The only false positives that I receive come from mail lists where the
sender should have been marked spam just for sending html formatted
email.  :)

I know that spam is a bunch of wasted bandwidth but as we can see, the
tools out there to mitigate the effects of spam work quite well.

My biggest problem with email is the outlook top posters.

-Adam
0
ashelley
12/9/2004 9:43:47 PM
Luke Webber wrote:
<snip>
> Ah well, I for one will never surrender to the spammers. My email
> address is out there, loud and proud, and my spam filters catch most of
> the crap for me. Being forced to munge or hide your email address is
> just the first step on the slippery slope, IMO. I want to have a public
> email address that people can use, but just not spammers.
>
> Luke
I agree completely Luke. Perhaps we could create a *secret* code for
cdp. That way e-mail addresses would be easily discernible by the
*chosen few* but totally unintelligible to all others.

Patrick <;=)

l]a]t]i]m]e]r]p]@]c]o]m]c]a]s]t].n]e]t

just a thought ;)
0
Patrick
12/9/2004 9:47:14 PM
Patrick Latimer wrote:
> Luke Webber wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Ah well, I for one will never surrender to the spammers. My email
>> address is out there, loud and proud, and my spam filters catch most
>> of the crap for me. Being forced to munge or hide your email address
>> is just the first step on the slippery slope, IMO. I want to have a
>> public email address that people can use, but just not spammers.
>>
>> Luke
>
> I agree completely Luke. Perhaps we could create a *secret* code for
> cdp. That way e-mail addresses would be easily discernible by the
> *chosen few* but totally unintelligible to all others.
>
> Patrick <;=)
>
> l]a]t]i]m]e]r]p]@]c]o]m]c]a]s]t].n]e]t
>
> just a thought ;)

You forgot the terminating segment mark. <g>

Luke
0
Luke
12/9/2004 11:03:52 PM
Luke Webber wrote:

> You forgot the terminating segment mark. <g>

You can get some interesting stats with the the new Google groups

Guess who is CDP's most prolific poster?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.pick/about

--
Kevin Powick
0
Kevin Powick wrote:

> Luke Webber wrote:
>

>>You forgot the terminating segment mark. <g>
>

> You can get some interesting stats with the the new Google groups
>
> Guess who is CDP's most prolific poster?
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.pick/about

*All hail to the King* <g>. I always knew you had it in you.

Patrick, <;=)
0
Patrick
12/10/2004 1:20:36 AM
Kevin Powick wrote:

> You can get some interesting stats with the the new Google groups
>
> Guess who is CDP's most prolific poster?
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.pick/about

Not a chance. The longest run of postings to cdp under the same email
address would be closer to the truth, I imagine.

Luke
0
Luke
12/10/2004 1:25:10 AM
ROFL, yea, if you look at the top posters, I'm in there twice, beating
your "same email address" run by about 40%.  But who's counting?

sad sad... someone break off my fingers...

Luke Webber <luke@webber.com.au> wrote:

>Kevin Powick wrote:
>
>> You can get some interesting stats with the the new Google groups
>>
>> Guess who is CDP's most prolific poster?
>>
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.pick/about
>
>Not a chance. The longest run of postings to cdp under the same email
>address would be closer to the truth, I imagine.
>
>Luke

0
Tony
12/10/2004 5:05:34 AM
"davem" <stop...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Go to <http://www.oliver.com/lists/u2/files/>
> download file: cryptobp1_1.zip
> files MD5 and TEST.MD5 relate to MD5 message digest generation.

Has anybody ported this to UniData?  I've fixed the obvious problems
with hexidecimal formatting, but I just found out it doesn't produce
the same MD5 digests that the three other MD5 programs I've tried do
and I'd rather not burn cycles debugging this if somebody else already
has.

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held

0
Jeff
12/10/2004 9:23:56 PM
"Keep it to Usenet please" <idontreadthis56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "davem" <stop...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> > Go to <http://www.oliver.com/lists/u2/files/>
> > download file: cryptobp1_1.zip
> > files MD5 and TEST.MD5 relate to MD5 message digest generation.
>
> Has anybody ported this to UniData?  I've fixed the obvious problems
> with hexidecimal formatting, but I just found out it doesn't produce
> the same MD5 digests that the three other MD5 programs I've tried do
> and I'd rather not burn cycles debugging this if somebody else already
> has.

Yes it was ported to Unidata, and yes it worked fine. I recall that it needs
to be compiled in 'p' mode (not 'u') mode. The 'obvious' problems you have
'fixed' are possibly doing more harm than good. Try the original code in 'p'
mode first. If you must, you could then port to 'u' mode if you wished.

Consider the following test results. The first is when code is compile in
'u' mode, the second in 'p' mode. First fails, second is ok.

-------------------Start 'u' mode test --------------------------
:basic crypto TEST.MD5

Compiling Unibasic: crypto\TEST.MD5 in mode 'u'.
compilation finished

:BASIC crypto MD5

Compiling Unibasic: crypto\MD5 in mode 'u'.
compilation finished

:CATALOG crypto MD5 LOCAL
:CATALOG crypto TEST.MD5
:TEST.MD5
1 - Error! Expected: D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E, generated hash:
%2%2%2%2%
2%2%2%2%2%2%2%2%2%2%2%2
:
-------------------End 'u' mode test -----------------------

-------------------Start 'p' mode test --------------------------
:BASIC CRYPTO MD5

Compiling Unibasic: CRYPTO\MD5 in mode 'p'.
compilation finished
:BASIC CRYPTO TEST.MD5

Compiling Unibasic: CRYPTO\TEST.MD5 in mode 'p'.
compilation finished
:CATALOG CRYPTO TEST.MD5 LOCAL
:CATALOG CRYPTO MD5 LOCAL
:TEST.MD5
MD5 test completed ok!
:
-------------------End 'p' mode test --------------------------

> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/10/2004 10:56:09 PM
In article <41ba2996$0$1078$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Yes it was ported to Unidata, and yes it worked fine. I recall that it needs
> to be compiled in 'p' mode (not 'u') mode.

I'll give that a shot.  Did I miss that in the README?  I'm trying to
crank this out fast, hence the post as soon as I ran into trouble.

> The 'obvious' problems you have 'fixed' are possibly doing more harm than good.

I'm not sure if I made things worse.  When I saw the %2%2%2..., I just
changed the more Pick-ish:
      VAL = VAL:OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX') "R%2"
to a more U2-ish:
      VAL = VAL:FMT(OCONV(VAL4,'MCDX'),"2'0'R")
and added a:
      VAL = OCONV(VAL,"MCL")
before the RETURN because the folks I'm sending the hash to want it in
lowercase.

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep
12/11/2004 5:36:30 AM
> In article <41ba2996$0$1078$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>  "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Yes it was ported to Unidata, and yes it worked fine. I recall that it
needs
> > to be compiled in 'p' mode (not 'u') mode.
>
> I'll give that a shot.  Did I miss that in the README?  I'm trying to
> crank this out fast, hence the post as soon as I ran into trouble.

No. I suspect the readme was not really written with U2 users in mind.... It
was rather a long time ago...
If you run into any problems from here, drop me a line and I'll see if I can
help. Good luck.

> > The 'obvious' problems you have 'fixed' are possibly doing more harm
than good.

> I'm not sure if I made things worse.  When I saw the %2%2%2..., I just
> changed the more Pick-ish:
>       VAL = VAL:OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX') "R%2"
> to a more U2-ish:
>       VAL = VAL:FMT(OCONV(VAL4,'MCDX'),"2'0'R")
> and added a:
>       VAL = OCONV(VAL,"MCL")
> before the RETURN because the folks I'm sending the hash to want it in
> lowercase.
>
> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/11/2004 7:13:32 AM
"Keep it to Usenet please" <idontreadthis56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <41ba2996$0$1078$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
> "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Yes it was ported to Unidata, and yes it worked fine. I recall that it
>> needs
>> to be compiled in 'p' mode (not 'u') mode.
>
> I'll give that a shot.  Did I miss that in the README?  I'm trying to
> crank this out fast, hence the post as soon as I ran into trouble.
>
>> The 'obvious' problems you have 'fixed' are possibly doing more harm than
>> good.
>
> I'm not sure if I made things worse.  When I saw the %2%2%2..., I just
> changed the more Pick-ish:
>      VAL = VAL:OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX') "R%2"
> to a more U2-ish:
>      VAL = VAL:FMT(OCONV(VAL4,'MCDX'),"2'0'R")
> and added a:
>      VAL = OCONV(VAL,"MCL")
> before the RETURN because the folks I'm sending the hash to want it in
> lowercase.
>
> --
> A: No.  See:
> Help, I'm
>   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
> held
>   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
> .sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
> factory!

0
Mark
12/11/2004 7:23:35 AM
In article <41ba9e28$0$7078$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> If you run into any problems from here, drop me a line and I'll see
> if I can help. Good luck.

Thanks.  I'm not super comfortable with calling a P-Type subroutine
from a U-Type application, but there's too many U2-isms (named
COMMONs with names longer than 7 characters, LOCATE's, etc.) to
really change the application.  Looking at the code, I don't see
anything that stands out as behaving differently when compiled with
'$BASICTYPE "P"'.  Do remember off the top of your head what might be
the culprit(s)?

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep
12/13/2004 6:04:39 PM
> In article <41ba9e28$0$7078$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>  "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > If you run into any problems from here, drop me a line and I'll see
> > if I can help. Good luck.
>
> Thanks.  I'm not super comfortable with calling a P-Type subroutine
> from a U-Type application, but there's too many U2-isms (named
> COMMONs with names longer than 7 characters, LOCATE's, etc.) to
> really change the application.  Looking at the code, I don't see
> anything that stands out as behaving differently when compiled with
> '$BASICTYPE "P"'.  Do remember off the top of your head what might be
> the culprit(s)?

Hmmm.. I think you could change the 4 lines in subr 8500 that read:
VAL = VAL:OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX') "R%2"
to:
VAL = VAL:FMT(OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX'), "2\0R")

That seems to work for me. Give it a try.

cheers

> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/13/2004 7:44:19 PM
In article <41bdf11c$0$5131$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hmmm.. I think you could change the 4 lines in subr 8500 that read:
> VAL = VAL:OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX') "R%2"
> to:
> VAL = VAL:FMT(OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX'), "2\0R")
>
> That seems to work for me. Give it a try.

That's what I thought, and initially tried, but I started to get
results that didn't agree with the other MD5 programs I have.  That's
when I posted.

I just tracked down the "real" problem.  The BLOWFISH routine was
tacking/leaving CHAR(0)'s on the end of a decoded key, so when the
built-up data to be hashed was passed to the MD5 routine, the string
really being used was different.  Every way I used to verify the hash,
lost the CHAR(0)'s, so they returned different results and the hash
built with the "correct" string verified at the other end.

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep
12/13/2004 9:22:35 PM
> In article <41bdf11c$0$5131$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>  "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hmmm.. I think you could change the 4 lines in subr 8500 that read:
> > VAL = VAL:OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX') "R%2"
> > to:
> > VAL = VAL:FMT(OCONV(VAL4, 'MCDX'), "2\0R")
> >
> > That seems to work for me. Give it a try.
>
> That's what I thought, and initially tried, but I started to get
> results that didn't agree with the other MD5 programs I have.  That's
> when I posted.

The TEST.MD5 program was provided so that this function could be tested in
isolation. When you mix in other 'stuff', it is sometimes hard to determine
which part is 'bad'. There are a number of such TEST.xxx programs in the zip
file, each testing individual components.

> I just tracked down the "real" problem.  The BLOWFISH routine was
> tacking/leaving CHAR(0)'s on the end of a decoded key, so when the
> built-up data to be hashed was passed to the MD5 routine, the string
> really being used was different.  Every way I used to verify the hash,
> lost the CHAR(0)'s, so they returned different results and the hash
> built with the "correct" string verified at the other end.

Interesting. Are you using the BLOWFISH function from the same zip file as
the MD5 function? If so, I just ran the TEST.BLOWFISH function in a 'u' mode
account - after changing the line in subr 3000 that reads:
VAL3 = VAL3:OCONV(SEQ(VAL[VAL2, 1]), 'MCDX') "R%2"
to:
VAL3 = VAL3:FMT(OCONV(SEQ(VAL[VAL2, 1]), 'MCDX'), "2\0R")
and it reported that all was ok! If there is a problem with the BLOWFISH
code, I would love to hear about it!

> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/14/2004 8:47:10 AM
In article <41bea88a$0$4539$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Interesting. Are you using the BLOWFISH function from the same zip
> file as the MD5 function?

Yes.

> If so, I just ran the TEST.BLOWFISH function in a 'u' mode account
> - after changing the line in subr 3000 that reads:
>  VAL3 = VAL3:OCONV(SEQ(VAL[VAL2, 1]), 'MCDX') "R%2"
> to:
>  VAL3 = VAL3:FMT(OCONV(SEQ(VAL[VAL2, 1]), 'MCDX'), "2\0R")
> and it reported that all was ok!

I didn't run that.  I wrote my own little "Load the Key" and a quick
"Decode the key to make sure it's saved right" programs, because I'm
just using modes 3 and 4.  I didn't see the NULL's in my test decode
program, but I just CRT'ed the data to the screen and it looked
right.

> If there is a problem with the BLOWFISH code, I would love to hear
> about it!

Sure.  Once the client is testing, I'll see if I can track down the
source of the NULL's.  Right now, a:
   CONVERT CHAR(0) TO "" IN SVAL
after:
      CASE MODE = GENKEY
         GOSUB 900
      CASE 1
         * Error - Unknown request! RET.ERR = INVALID$MODE
   END CASE
does the trick.  So I'll keep chugging with this for a while.

Thanks.

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep
12/14/2004 3:44:38 PM
In article <41bea88a$0$4539$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> > That's what I thought, and initially tried, but I started to get
> > results that didn't agree with the other MD5 programs I have.  That's
> > when I posted.
>
> The TEST.MD5 program was provided so that this function could be tested in
> isolation. When you mix in other 'stuff', it is sometimes hard to determine
> which part is 'bad'. There are a number of such TEST.xxx programs in the zip
> file, each testing individual components.

OK.  Now this has gotten bizarre.  I've found strings that don't hash
"correctly".  The test program runs, and a number of strings give the
same hash as two *nix based MD5 programs, but some strings fail.  All
the stings I'm hashing are a concatenation of customer/order info and
a timestamp.  I've identified two strings that always hash correctly,
one that always fails and one that sometimes works and sometimes fails
based on the timestamp.

The only comfort is that the Java library the "other end" is using
sometimes generates hashes that don't match the *nix based MD5
programs either.

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep
12/15/2004 7:33:15 PM
> In article <41bea88a$0$4539$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>  "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > That's what I thought, and initially tried, but I started to get
> > > results that didn't agree with the other MD5 programs I have.  That's
> > > when I posted.
> >
> > The TEST.MD5 program was provided so that this function could be tested
in
> > isolation. When you mix in other 'stuff', it is sometimes hard to
determine
> > which part is 'bad'. There are a number of such TEST.xxx programs in the
zip
> > file, each testing individual components.
>
> OK.  Now this has gotten bizarre.  I've found strings that don't hash
> "correctly".  The test program runs, and a number of strings give the
> same hash as two *nix based MD5 programs, but some strings fail.  All
> the stings I'm hashing are a concatenation of customer/order info and
> a timestamp.  I've identified two strings that always hash correctly,
> one that always fails and one that sometimes works and sometimes fails
> based on the timestamp.
>
> The only comfort is that the Java library the "other end" is using
> sometimes generates hashes that don't match the *nix based MD5
> programs either.

Hmm... I do not recall seeing any string 'fail' during testing. Maybe you
will need to dig out a 'reference implementation' and run your own test
programs. For example, see: http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/1321/12.htm
Or there is 'yet another' windows/unix md5 command line function at:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/md5/  (I've never used this)
Any chance you have non-displayable chars in your input? Sorry I have no
better ideas on this. Can you post the string that 'fails', along with the
expected/generated hash values?

> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/16/2004 6:47:01 AM
In article <41c12f5c$0$5103$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hmm... I do not recall seeing any string 'fail' during testing. Maybe you
> will need to dig out a 'reference implementation' and run your own test
> programs.

I've got several of them.  Fortunately, they all agree with each other.

> Any chance you have non-displayable chars in your input?

I checked that and didn't find any.  I compared LEN() to what I was
seeing, and the count matched.  I also wrote the pre-hashed strings to
a log file and checked with AE/ED in ^-mode.

> Can you post the string that 'fails', along with the
> expected/generated hash values?

It's got customer data in it.  Would you mind if we took this part to
email?

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep
12/16/2004 5:36:19 PM
> In article <41c12f5c$0$5103$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>  "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hmm... I do not recall seeing any string 'fail' during testing. Maybe
you
> > will need to dig out a 'reference implementation' and run your own test
> > programs.
>
> I've got several of them.  Fortunately, they all agree with each other.
>
> > Any chance you have non-displayable chars in your input?
>
> I checked that and didn't find any.  I compared LEN() to what I was
> seeing, and the count matched.  I also wrote the pre-hashed strings to
> a log file and checked with AE/ED in ^-mode.
>
> > Can you post the string that 'fails', along with the
> > expected/generated hash values?
>
> It's got customer data in it.  Would you mind if we took this part to
> email?

Not at all. My email address should be obvious enough...

> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/17/2004 11:09:56 AM
"Keep it to Usenet please" <idontreadthis56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <41c12f5c$0$5103$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>  "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hmm... I do not recall seeing any string 'fail' during testing. Maybe
you
> > will need to dig out a 'reference implementation' and run your own test
> > programs.
>
> I've got several of them.  Fortunately, they all agree with each other.
>
> > Any chance you have non-displayable chars in your input?
>
> I checked that and didn't find any.  I compared LEN() to what I was
> seeing, and the count matched.  I also wrote the pre-hashed strings to
> a log file and checked with AE/ED in ^-mode.
>
> > Can you post the string that 'fails', along with the
> > expected/generated hash values?
>
> It's got customer data in it.  Would you mind if we took this part to
> email?

address is not too accurate <g>

> --
> A: No.  See:
Help, I'm
>    <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being
held
>    <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a
..sig
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
factory!

0
stope19
12/18/2004 9:01:38 PM
In article <41c49ab7$0$6539$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
 "stope19" <stope19removethis@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

> address is not too accurate <g>

I actually expired; but was so expired, I was able to grab the same
address. :)

I'm going to start a new thread about the math errors.

--
A: No.  See:                                                          Help, I'm
   <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html>                 being held
   <http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting>                in a .sig
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?                         factory!
0
Keep

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

test test test test

test test test
test test test ...

test test test

Test Test Testing
Testing from Personnel Mail Sever ...

test test test
this is only a test... 3rd attempt. ...

Testing, Testing, Testing
My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Testing! Testing! 1-2-3 Testing! Here in comp.os.geos.misc, "Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> spake unto us, saying: >My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Oh no! :-) -- -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA OS/2 + eCS + Linux + Win95 + DOS + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven! WARNING: I've seen FIELDATA FORTRAN V and I know how to use it! The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then. Pat w...

Test test test #4
Test test werty <werty@swissinfo.org> wrote: > Test test THERE ARE TEST GROUPS FOR TESTING - USE THEM please :-) Jim ...

Test test test #5
Test test ...

Test test test #8
Test test ...

test test test #3
test test ...

Test test test #2
Test test ...

Test test test #17
Test test ...

test test test #2

Test test test #3
Test test ...

Test test test #7
Test test ...

Test test test #9
Test test ...

Test test test #15
Test test ...

Test test test #16
Test test ...

Test test test #6
Test test ...

TEST TEST TEST 222222222222
TEST TEST TEST 222222222222 NikVi <VVNikitin@yandex.ru> wrote: > TEST TEST TEST 222222222222 Your test failed. With over 1000 newgroups .test your post showed up here. Now go read the FAQ and some other documentation before posting. Davide -- | Simon's Law: Everything put together falls apart sooner or later. | | | ...

Web resources about - Test test test - comp.databases.pick

CSS3 test
Test your browser. I got two different scores in Safari, although they were close. Chrome scored about nine points higher.

Test your vocabulary
Test Your Vocabulary: English has the most words of any language on Earth. TestYourVocab.com is part of an independent American-Brazilian research ...

User:Magnus Manske/test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈlinθe] , muoeaning " Lynx ") wasa Spanish development programme proposed main battle tank that unfolded during the leuate 1980s and eacrrcccrly ...

Australia v New Zealand second cricket Test: Josh Hazlewood fined for umpire blow-up
Paceman Josh Hazlewood avoided suspension from the ICC after pleading guilty to dissent for a foul-mouthed blast at umpires in the second Test ...

Australia v New Zealand: Five things we learnt from day four of the second Test
Snarky fast bowlers, stubborn Kiwis and when predictions go wrong... this was day four in Christchurch.

Test drive: 3D robotics drone
In 2016, the consumer drone market has well-established choices. There’s the French-made Parrot’s Bebop drone, an $800 drone for casual hobbyists ...

Australia v New Zealand second cricket Test: Australia sniffs win after Jackson Bird bags five
... he will feature in Australia's tour of Sri Lanka despite taking a maiden five-wicket haul which has the team poised to regain the No.1 Test ...

Australia v New Zealand second Test: Kiwis fight to live another day
... Zealand had not lost a wicket for the day. Corey Anderson had come over all monk-like. The only time he had batted longer than this in Test ...

Chaos reigns in Gameloft’s Order & Chaos Online as hackers use a ‘test box’
... that Gamelofts Order & Chaos Online is living up to its name. First reported by TouchArcade , numerous gamers have received access to a test ...

Valve releases tool to test whether your PC is VR ready
... if your PC tower is up for running high-end VR without any distracting lag. Worry not: Valve has just released a SteamVR Performance Test Tool ...