Windows Live Mail

Just for info - when reading the group with Windows Live Mail and an email
arrives the current message from the group is lost.  I guess everybody hires
new programmers and they always make the same mistakes.
BobJ

0
RJ
1/4/2010 6:00:46 PM
comp.databases.pick 5449 articles. 2 followers. ttrroonniicc (5) is leader. Post Follow

On Jan 4, 12:00=A0pm, "RJ" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Just for info - when reading the group with Windows Live Mail and an emai=
> arrives the current message from the group is lost. =A0I guess everybody =
hires
> new programmers and they always make the same mistakes.
> BobJ

I'm an old programmer and still make the same mistakes.  What does
that mean?

Dick
0
Thiot
1/7/2010 8:58:06 PM
I don't know.  I'm so old I can't remember the mistakes.
BobJ

"Thiot" <dick.thiot@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 4, 12:00 pm, "RJ" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> Just for info - when reading the group with Windows Live Mail and an
>> email
>> arrives the current message from the group is lost.  I guess everybody
>> hires
>> new programmers and they always make the same mistakes.
>> BobJ
>
> I'm an old programmer and still make the same mistakes.  What does
> that mean?
>
> Dick

0
RJ

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Windows Live Mail patch = malware
Wow, Microsoft gets even slimier (I didn't know that was possible) ... ~~ Avoid Windows Live Mail 2012 patch KB 3093594 -- it freezes Windows Microsoft's latest distribution technique smells a lot like malware Friday afternoon I started hearing about a mysterious message from Microsoft that warned Windows Live Mail users their systems wouldn't work "in a few weeks." They were exhorted to download and install a patch -- there's a link to KB 3093594 -- or upgrade to Windows 10 and use the new Universal Mail app (which is almost universally panned). ...

[News] Windows Live Mail Reviewed (Trashed)
Why I hate the new Windows Live Mail ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is currently in Beta on Windows Live Mail. Personally I think | it is a steaming pile of garbage. The 'new and improved' email is | nothing more than a fancier interface and more color options. | | [...] | | If you have not upgraded from standard I suggest you DO NOT. This is | a typical product from Microsoft even though it is in beta. I think | it should still be in alpha testing personally because at times I cannot | even access my email which is most annoying when there might be | time-sensitive documents in it. If ...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

windows live mail does not show my email on some other computers
specifically - on my wife's computer using WLM, but it does show on her machine in Outlook Express, and a test email shows on both my Outlook and my WLM. I looked in her blocked senders and it's empty. Any ideas? ...

Windows Live Hotmail Fact Sheet A brief overview of the features and technologies in Windows Live Hotmail.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/factsheet/hotmail.mspx Windows Live Hotmail Fact Sheet A brief overview of the features and technologies in Windows Live Hotmail. May 2007 Windows Live=E2=84=A2 Hotmail=C2=AE, the successor to MSN=C2=AE Hotmail =E2= =80=94 one of the largest e-mail services in the world with more than 280 million active accounts =E2=80=94 was built from the ground up to enable a safer, more productive and more powerful Web mail experience than previous versions. Windows Live Hotmail offers customers flexible access to their e-mail =E2=80=94 whether via the W...

'Windows Live Mail' for USEnet use?
I was forced to buy a Win7 PC because my wireless modem doesn't run under *nix. So I thought I'd look at the 'Windows Live Mail' for USEnet use. What a load of crap, compared to Forte-agent that W3.1 had 15 years ago. I've got the Win7 thing running while I'm typing this on a proper system. Q1. how do I delete a message after I've read it? Q2. can I delete a whole thread? Q3. can the 'number of new headers to d/l' be changed from the default of 300? Q4. can I 'mark' headers, while off-line, to fetch the corresponding bodies, for several grou...

[News] Windows Live Mail Drives User(s) Elsewhere
Why I Ditched Windows Live Mail ,----[ Quote ] | Although usually a fan of Microsoft products, I?m hugely dissapointed | with Windows Live Mail, and why after 7 years of being a Hotmail user, | I finally switched to Gmail. `---- http://www.techsmessage.com/2007/02/09/why-windows-live-mail-sucks/ Related: Windows Live Mail Premiers in Holland and fails ,----[ Quote ] | Today Microsoft rolled out the 1st Windows Live | mailboxes... Due to the high demand, although anticipated, | people could not access their hotmail or new live | mail accounts. `---- http://bink.nu/Article8785.bink Why ...

ABC Amber Windows Live Mail Converter 1.03
ABC Amber Windows Live Mail Converter is intended to help you keep your important emails, newsletters, other information organized in one file. It is a very useful tool that converts your messages from Windows Live Mail desktop (popular email client) to any document format (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, TXT, DOC, etc.) easily and quickly. It generates the contents with bookmarks, maintains hyperlinks. All you have to do is select required messages, choose document format to convert and click "Save As" button. Currently our software supports more than 50 languages. With ABC Amber...

PBM: Opening mail database opens two windows! Yes, again!
Hi again. I've fixed my previous problem with my local Contacts database but now I'm facing exactly the same with my mail file. But the problem now is my mail file is on the server. Hence I cannot (and don't want to) re-create my mail file to see if the problem vanishes. Who knows maybe next time I'll get it with my calendar?... The only thing I did was to close my Mailbox view while a folder was selected. Ever since then when I open my mailbox - clicking the Mail icon on the welcome page - two views are now displayed. The first one is "Vince C. - Inbox" w...

[News] Windows Live Mail to Serve Ads Based on Content
New Microsoft E-Mail Client Gets Adsw ,----[ Quote ] | Windows Live Mail Desktop is expected to be released later this year and | will eventually serve to replace Outlook Express, updated for Vista and | renamed Windows Mail. Because it will not ship with Microsoft's new | operating system, Live Mail Desktop will be available as a free download. | | [...] | | Microsoft is already preparing for the eventual controversy and | privacy concerns this new feature will bring with it. The company | has tapped the services of consulting company Jefferson Wells to | conduct a full privacy audit o...

OT: Drag & Drop Trick Discovered in Windows Live Mail.
Hello, I just discovered a Drag & Drop Trick in Windows Live Mail which I didn't know before. I tried to find if this is a known trick by google searching but so far I found nothing. So I decide to share this trick with you... it may be of some use some day or just for thrills. If you have Windows Live Mail installed and want to see the trick in action do the following: 1. Select some text from a message. 2. Drag & Drop the text within outlook express by holding the right mouse button. 3. Let the button go/back up. What will happen is: Windows ...

Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide Built from the ground up, the new Windows Live Hotmail is now safer, more powerful and available virtually anywhere.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/may07/05-06WLHotmailLaunchPR.= mspx Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide Built from the ground up, the new Windows Live Hotmail is now safer, more powerful and available virtually anywhere. Related Links Broadcast-Quality Video: =E2=80=A2 PressPass Broadcast Newsroom (registration required) Microsoft Resources: =E2=80=A2 Windows Live Hotmail Fact Sheet =E2=80=A2 On-Demand Video: Hotmail Retrospective, 1996 - 2007 (.wmv file, 2 min. 12 sec.) =E2=80=A2 MSN/Windows Live Newsroom =E2=80=A2 Windows Live Beta =E2=80=A2 Windows Live ...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

detect if database was opened to database window view
Hi All, Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' down, no form is loaded, the autoexec marco does not run so, where would one put such code that it would run? thanks bobh. bobh wrote: > Hi All, > > Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened > to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' > down, no form is loaded, the autoexec marco does not run so, where > would one put such code that it would run? > thanks...

Mail format for specific Mask of Mail-In-Database
Hi, I created a Mail-In database and a mask with several field. A generated mail will be send to the database out of SAP. The Mail should then be opened in the created mask like a normal record. How do I have to format the mail that Notes recognizes the different fields? Thanks Sebastian "Sebastian K�nig" <sdkoenig@uni-muenster.de> wrote in message news:2klkqv4s4fto4r7a2rd8e4bb6135ksn3mq@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I created a Mail-In database and a mask with several field. A > generated mail will be send to the database out of SAP. The Mail >...

Status of Windows Live / Live@EDU on Mac?
X-No-Archive: Yes What is the current status of Windows Live on Macintosh? My understanding is that there were some early compatibility issues, but that many of these have been ironed out. The university I attending has discussed implementing Live@EDU at least for e-mail. Are there are any significant Mac incompatibilities? [No Windows-bashing, please -- I'm looking for useful information, not rhetoric.] Thanks, in advance! -c wrote: > X-No-Archive: Yes > What is the current status of Windows Live on Macintosh? > > My understanding is that there were some early compatibil...

Web resources about - Windows Live Mail - comp.databases.pick

The Windows Blog

Passengers urinate out of car window while travelling 100km/h
The actions of two car passengers who appeared to lean out a car window to urinate while travelling at 100kmh on a Southland highway are being ...

Chrome OS distro for regular PCs can now dual-boot with Windows
... A few months ago, we wrote about CloudReady , a version of the open source Chromium OS from Neverware that can transform older Windows PCs ...

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and sixty-eight in a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in ...

Through Google Glass — How much is that kitty in the window?
YouTube caption: "Gray Cat wakes from a restful nap in the late afternoon, tolerating my annoying presence with her usual patience and good humor." ...

Find and recover Windows files
How to find recent downloads and other docs, and how to rescue deleted files.

Preliminary data shows small Windows 10 gains after upgrade offered to older PCs
Windows 10 usage has increased since Microsoft began serving the operating system as an automatic upgrade to PCs running Windows 7 or Windows ...

In luxury hotel, a window on Uganda's bid to forget its troubled past
Christian Science Monitor In luxury hotel, a window on Uganda's bid to forget its troubled past Christian Science Monitor The former Nile ...