== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==

# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic
already

# Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work
# out-of-the-box without any matters :-|

I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1
installations
on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running
through a Socket.

I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core
distribution
since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror.

First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can run
out of the box.
On the Master's side, the standard "MirrorSetup.sql" uses mixed upper and
lower cases
in attributes *and* table names which Postgres normally cannot access
because it
converts each query to lower case. Have modified the related scripts and SQL
schema.
Something runs but it still doesn't do the job ;-)

Can anyone tell me about his / her experience on this topic?

If there is a trouble-free implementation anywhere, what did you patch?

~~ Appreciate *any* comments! ~~

retoh :)
rhersiczky@spamsucks-hotmail.com

0
Reto
7/6/2003 1:20:31 AM
comp.postgresql.admin 1725 articles. 0 followers. ashok (20) is leader. Post Follow

Hi again & sorry to interrupt you.

IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!

Reason was:
Forgot to create the trigger on the Master's side <:-|

retoh :)