Hi All

I am having the torque3.1.jar and postgresql-7.4. I have compiled the new
jdbc driver called as postgresql.jar and have placed it in the lib
directory from where the ant scripts catch the jars. Whenever i try to
access through torque

gestList = BaseGestlistPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());

this error arises

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 23
        at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.toTimestamp(ResultSet.java:1653)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java:398)

I have searched all the lists and the answer i got is a jdbc driver issue.
Please let me know what i need to for getting around with this problem.
This happens only with this method in the whole application. But the same
method works when i did not use the new torque 3.1 and everything happens
smoothly.Please let me know if there is a way to configure jdbc with
torque or any other configuration issue for postgres you know might have
been creating this problem. I am having one heck of a night mare wid this
issue.

thanks

--Mohan

mohan
1/29/2004 4:34:59 PM
comp.databases.postgresql.sql 1301 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

O kyrios mohan@physics.gmu.edu egrapse stis Jan 29, 2004 :

> Hi All
>
> I am having the torque3.1.jar and postgresql-7.4. I have compiled the new
> jdbc driver called as postgresql.jar and have placed it in the lib
> directory from where the ant scripts catch the jars. Whenever i try to
> access through torque
>
> gestList = BaseGestlistPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
>
> this error arises
>
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 23
>         at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.toTimestamp(ResultSet.java:1653)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java:398)

Just from the above, some one could conclude you are running
a 7.2.x postgresql driver.

Make sure you havent messed up with the CLASSPATH.
Also after ensuring your 7.4.1 postgresql.jar is in the right location,
make sure you are running a 7.4.1 backend.

> I have searched all the lists and the answer i got is a jdbc driver issue.
> Please let me know what i need to for getting around with this problem.
> This happens only with this method in the whole application. But the same
> method works when i did not use the new torque 3.1 and everything happens
> smoothly.Please let me know if there is a way to configure jdbc with
> torque or any other configuration issue for postgres you know might have
> been creating this problem. I am having one heck of a night mare wid this
> issue.
>

> thanks
>
> --Mohan

-Achilleus

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

0
achill
1/29/2004 4:50:41 PM
Now i a get another wierd error

DEBUG] Transaction - -called safeRollback with null argument
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
        at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:482)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:461)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.setAutoCommit(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:957)

They say its a driver problem i think i am having the right driver. I am
having RedHat Linux and postgres7.4 and pg73jdbc3.jar and jdbc-2.0.jar in
my class path. I donot understand what is going wrong

but in my server logs i also see this error for torque

[DEBUG] SharedPoolDataSourceFactory - -Starting initJdbc2Pool
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -getConfiguration() =
org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@f96093
[DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -applyConfiguration(null,
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@e046e)
[DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory -
-applyConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@45105c,
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@e046e)
[DEBUG] ConvertUtils - -Convert string 'SELECT 1' to class 'java.lang.String'
[ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: validationQuery value:
SELECT 1 is not supported by DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
[ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: defaultMaxActive value: 16
is not supported by DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource

please let me know if any has an idea

Thanks in Advance

--Mohan

> O kyrios mohan@physics.gmu.edu egrapse stis Jan 29, 2004 :
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am having the torque3.1.jar and postgresql-7.4. I have compiled the
>> new jdbc driver called as postgresql.jar and have placed it in the lib
>> directory from where the ant scripts catch the jars. Whenever i try to
>> access through torque
>>
>> gestList = BaseGestlistPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
>>
>> this error arises
>>
>> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
>> 23
>>         at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460)
>>         at
>> org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.toTimestamp(ResultSet.java:1653)
>> at
>> org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java:398)
>
> Just from the above, some one could conclude you are running
> a 7.2.x postgresql driver.
>
> Make sure you havent messed up with the CLASSPATH.
> Also after ensuring your 7.4.1 postgresql.jar is in the right location,
> make sure you are running a 7.4.1 backend.
>

>> I have searched all the lists and the answer i got is a jdbc driver
>> issue. Please let me know what i need to for getting around with this
>> problem. This happens only with this method in the whole application.
>> But the same method works when i did not use the new torque 3.1 and
>> everything happens smoothly.Please let me know if there is a way to
>> configure jdbc with torque or any other configuration issue for
>> postgres you know might have been creating this problem. I am having
>> one heck of a night mare wid this issue.
>>

>> thanks
>>
>> --Mohan

> --
> -Achilleus

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

mohan
1/29/2004 8:50:21 PM
Mohan,

> DEBUG] Transaction - -called safeRollback with null argument
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
>         at

This is because "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF" *is* no longer supported.   Are you
sure that you have the latest JDBC?

Also, this should be on the PGSQL-JDBC mailing list, not this one.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

               http://archives.postgresql.org

0
josh
1/29/2004 11:22:13 PM
O kyrios mohan@physics.gmu.edu egrapse stis Jan 29, 2004 :

> Now i a get another wierd error
>
> DEBUG] Transaction - -called safeRollback with null argument
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
>         at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
>         at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:482)
>         at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:461)
>         at
> org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.setAutoCommit(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:957)
>
> They say its a driver problem i think i am having the right driver. I am
> having RedHat Linux and postgres7.4 and pg73jdbc3.jar and jdbc-2.0.jar in
> my class path. I donot understand what is going wrong

What java version (java -version), os (uname -a) are you running?

What is this jdbc-2.0.jar?

In any case postgres7.4 doesnt match (again!) pg73jdbc3.jar.

You better use :
java 1.4.1 (blackdown in linux, native jdk14 in FreeBSD)
postgresql server 7.4.1
postgresql jdbc 7.4.1

Also as i said check your classpath.

> but in my server logs i also see this error for torque
>
> [DEBUG] SharedPoolDataSourceFactory - -Starting initJdbc2Pool
> [DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -getConfiguration() =
> org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@f96093
> [DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -applyConfiguration(null,
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@e046e)
> [DEBUG] AbstractDataSourceFactory -
> -applyConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@45105c,
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@e046e)
> [DEBUG] ConvertUtils - -Convert string 'SELECT 1' to class 'java.lang.String'
> [ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: validationQuery value:
> SELECT 1 is not supported by DataSource:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
> [ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: defaultMaxActive value: 16
> is not supported by DataSource:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
>
> please let me know if any has an idea
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> --Mohan
>

> > O kyrios mohan@physics.gmu.edu egrapse stis Jan 29, 2004 :
> >
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> I am having the torque3.1.jar and postgresql-7.4. I have compiled the
> >> new jdbc driver called as postgresql.jar and have placed it in the lib
> >> directory from where the ant scripts catch the jars. Whenever i try to
> >> access through torque
> >>
> >> gestList = BaseGestlistPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
> >>
> >> this error arises
> >>
> >> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
> >> 23
> >>         at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460)
> >>         at
> >> org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.toTimestamp(ResultSet.java:1653)
> >> at
> >> org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java:398)
> >
> > Just from the above, some one could conclude you are running
> > a 7.2.x postgresql driver.
> >
> > Make sure you havent messed up with the CLASSPATH.
> > Also after ensuring your 7.4.1 postgresql.jar is in the right location,
> > make sure you are running a 7.4.1 backend.
> >

> >> I have searched all the lists and the answer i got is a jdbc driver
> >> issue. Please let me know what i need to for getting around with this
> >> problem. This happens only with this method in the whole application.
> >> But the same method works when i did not use the new torque 3.1 and
> >> everything happens smoothly.Please let me know if there is a way to
> >> configure jdbc with torque or any other configuration issue for
> >> postgres you know might have been creating this problem. I am having
> >> one heck of a night mare wid this issue.
> >>

> >> thanks
> >>
> >> --Mohan

> > --
> > -Achilleus

-Achilleus

achill
1/30/2004 9:00:44 AM
Thank you all guys. Thank you very much. Yeah it was the driver issue. I
was runnin postgres 7.4 but using the pg73jdbc3.jar driver. I did not know
that. Thank you all once again for your help.

--mohan

> [...]
>> the lib directory from where the ant scripts catch the jars.
>> Whenever i try to access through torque

>> range: 23
>> >
>> > Just from the above, some one could conclude you are running
>> > a 7.2.x postgresql driver.
>> >
>> > Make sure you havent messed up with the CLASSPATH.
>> > Also after ensuring your 7.4.1 postgresql.jar is in the right
>> location, make sure you are running a 7.4.1 backend.

>> issue. Please let me know what i need to for getting around with
>> this problem. This happens only with this method in the whole
>> application. But the same method works when i did not use the new
>> torque 3.1 and everything happens smoothly.Please let me know if
>> there is a way to configure jdbc with torque or any other
>> configuration issue for postgres you know might have been creating
>> this problem. I am having one heck of a night mare wid this issue.

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 34
Dear Gurus I m reading XML file in the form of string. Below is the code. => XML string that pass to parseDocument(String receivedMessage) in Parser class as follows <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <IFX xmlns:pain001="urn:swift:xsd:$pain.001.001.01" xmlns:pain002="urn:swift:xsd:$pain.002.001.01" xmlns:pain004="urn:swift:xsd:$pain.004.001.01" xmlns:remit="http://www.ifxforum.org/RemitDetailInfo/ 2004/07" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" x...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

String index out of range: -1 only occurs when using java.lang.Thread

warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated
Dear Java Programmers, When compiling my Java program I get the following warning: "warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated" on for example this statement: new Date("09/23/2003") The code is used to generate the dates on a webpage. Depending on the language of the webpage the generated format is different. For example English (see "Date" and "Choose publication" on the page opened): http://home.scarlet.be/kenya-belgium/list_5_en/a_kenyan_birthday_party_and_a_belgian_birthday_party.html French: http://home.scarlet....

java.lang.string
I need someones help with the following problem. When trying to compile:"can't find symbol,symbole:constructor sam(java.lang.string,java,lang,string) location :class Mine" appears please help me. <<import easyIO.*; class Mine { public static void main(String[] args) { Mine mn= new Mine(args); } Mine(String[] input) { String fill="data.txt"; String fil="cur.txt"; if (inputfil.length>0) fill=input[0]; if (input.length>1) fil=input[1]; Sam sam= new Sam(fill,fil); sam.menu(); } ......... >> ...

java.lang.String.
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the two assignmentsString ref = "HAI";String obj = new String("HAI"); On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:24:43 -0000, "M.Ponmalar@gmail.com" <M.Ponmalar@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the two assignments >String ref = "HAI"; >String obj = new String("HAI"); The second creates a duplicate object, needlessly. The first just assigns a reference to an existing interned string literal object -- Roedy Green Can...

Java String to Javascript String
Hi Everyone, I am converting an image file into a Java string (via an applet) and would like to pass the Java string back to the Javascript function that calls the applet's. I know the simple string return is straightforward. But in this case, is there something I should do in either/both Javascript function and Java applet to make sure that the image data is not lost during the transfer due to difference in the structure of Java and Javascript strings? Thanks, Sanj. Sanjay wrote: > I am converting an image file into a Java string (via an applet) and > would like to pass the Jav...

Function Based Index and java.lang.String
Hi. I have a java stored procedure whose spec is as follows: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION DECODE_SEQUENCE(SEQUENCE VARCHAR2) RETURN VARCHAR2 DETERMINISTIC AS LANGUAGE JAVA NAME 'kr.ac.dke.protein.compression.SequenceCompressor.decode(java.lang.String) return java.lang.String'; / AND I want to make an index like below: CREATE INDEX K0_IDX ON K0(DECODE_SEQUENCE(TYPESTR), TYPELEN) NOLOGGING COMPRESS 2 / However, above statement raises an error, saying that 'Maximum size of index field is excceded.' Hence, I've changed the index creation statement. C...

Javadoc including "java.lang.String" instead of just "String" for return values
How does one get the javadoc utility to show just "String" instead of "java.lang.String" in its output? I've noticed that, for example, Sun's "awt.TextField.ParamString()" method is documented as follows, and I'd like to make mine appear this way for extremely well-known objects such as "String" as well: protected String paramString() Thanks in advance. -- Randolf Richardson - kingpin+nntp@lumbercartel.ca The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch) http://www.lumbercartel.ca/ Randolf Richardson wrote: > How does one...

converting java.lang.String[] to oracle.sql.ARRAY
Hello, I need to know how I can convert java.lang.String[] to oracle.sql.ARRAY. I can only find the opposit in the usegroups and documentation String[] strArray = (String[])oraARRAY.getArray(); But how to oracle.sql.ARRAY oraArray = (magic_cast)strArray; ???? Hope for any help. Regards, -- ------------------------------------------------- Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Stephan Born Humans may reply by replacing the obviously faked part of my e-mail address with "brainforce". ------------------------------------------------- Hello again, Im sorry to see that nobody c...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

LONG: Java student getting String Exception/String Index errors
Hello, all, I'm back with more questions from my Java I class. I'm writing a simple text editor. According to the specs set out by my professor, we're to use the built-in methods 'substring(), indexOf(), and length()' to edit a single long string of text. The "edited" text will be built by taking the original text and finding the text that preceeds the change, the text of the change, and the text that follows the change and concatonating them in order. So, for example, a "delete" would be: original preceeding text + original following text while an &...

Web resources about - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 23 at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460) - comp.databases.postgresql.sql