Error Reading Socket with AppBuilder

I have AppBuilder v9.1c installed on an XP Pro SP2 system and I'm
connected to my corporate network via Firepass 4000 VPN, which is where
my source code and databases reside.

If I start working on code and don't do a Check Syntax, Run, Save or
anything else that goes over the network for about 20 - 30 minutes, I
get the following error message:
Error reading socket, ret=10054, errno-2 (778)
followed by:
**Incomplete write when writing to the server.(735)

The app event log is filled with: Hanging application prowin32.exe,
version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address
0x00000000.

After this happens, I need to shut down AppBuilder and restart it.
However, it hangs in the background until the VPN is shut down. After
AppBuilder restarts, the VPN is restarted and it works until the next
time I don't do anything for 20 - 30 minutes.

Also, MS IM intermittently hangs, abnormally terminates or just runs
slow after the first time AppBuilder is started until the system is
re-booted. The app event log is filled with: Hanging application
msmsgs.exe, version 4.7.0.106, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0,
hang address 0x00000000.

I'm assuming some kind of contention between network resources. Can
anyone provide some ideas to fix these issues?

0
Brian
10/27/2005 7:15:34 PM
comp.databases.progress 916 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
Hi, I see the following errors in the logs: Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:803) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:731) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:690) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:372) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7...

Socket read error
When retrieving mail I get a socket read error. What could cause this error How can it be corrected. I use PM 4.3 Following is in the TCP log 19:43:19.109 >> 0018 +OK Mailbox open\0D\0A 19:43:19.109 << 0006 STAT\0D\0A 19:43:21.109 >> 0012 +OK 5 5120\0D\0A 19:43:21.109 << 0006 LIST\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0026 +OK scan listing follows\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 1 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 2 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 3 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 4 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 5 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 ...

error reading from socket
I am trying to send an integer from Java Client to C++ server. I figured out how to do the conversion. However, I have a problem reading from the socket. This is my code: int DataInputStream::readInt()//reads one integer from the client { int32_t var1; soc->recv((void*)&var1, 4); var1 = ntohl(var1); return var1; } I am assuming that I need a loop, but I cannot figure out which one. I tried all cases that I could imagine, but none of them worked. I MUST use recv function. Here is how it is defined: int recv(void *buffer, int bufferLen) throw(SocketException) { int rt...

error reading from socket
I am trying to send an integer from Java Client to C++ server. I figured out how to do the conversion. However, I have a problem reading from the socket. This is my code: int DataInputStream::readInt()//reads one integer from the client { int32_t var1; soc->recv((void*)&var1, 4); var1 = ntohl(var1); return var1; } I am assuming that I need a loop, but I cannot figure out which one. I tried all cases that I could imagine, but none of them worked. I MUST use recv function. Here is how it is defined: int recv(void *buffer, int bufferLen) throw(SocketException) { int rt...

Socket read error 10054

Socket READ error 2746
Hi, I just upgraded from my old computer to a new one and it was working fine till suddenly 2 days, I started have a strange problem with my pegasus mail. I am able to download mail perfectlym no issues. Problem is with sending email. Mails I want to send get queued perfectly, and when i hit send, they get sent and move from queued to the sent folder. However, these emails in actuality are not getting sent [Meaning that the receiver is not getting these emails]. On switching on advanced logging, I get the following error..... 7: Socket READ error 2746. Somebody please he...

Socket read error 2745
I am getting this when trying to send messages. Everything worked fine a couple of weeks ago, but I am now unable to send. Several other workstations here running from the same network version of Pegasus 4.21c are sending fine. Any Ideas? Damian Janzen <info@dndprepress.com> wrote: > I am getting this when trying to send messages. Everything > worked fine a couple of weeks ago, but I am now unable to send. > Several other workstations here running from the same network > version of Pegasus 4.21c are sending fine. Did you change or install anything on your sys...

read/write error on socket
I have client and server connected. client write and read from csock. server write and read from ssock suppose the server does : ..... close(ssock); //send FIN to client othertask(); ..... READ ERROR if after the server close() the client does: .... read(csock,...); .... read(csock,...); .... close(csock,...); .... read(csock,...); .... first read return 0 (read FIN) second read also return 0. third read return -1 with errno set to EBADF. QUESTION 1: Indeed if after the server close() the client does: ..... write(csock, "hello", 6); //server sen...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Socket READ error 2746
Hi, I just upgraded from my old computer to a new one and it was working fine till suddenly 2 days, I started have a strange problem with my pegasus mail. I am able to download mail perfectlym no issues. Problem is with sending email. Mails I want to send get queued perfectly, and when i hit send, they get sent and move from queued to the sent folder. However, these emails in actuality are not getting sent [Meaning that the receiver is not getting these emails]. On switching on advanced logging, I get the following error..... 7: Socket READ error 2746. Somebody please he...

Socket read error 2745
Hello; I have been using Pegasus V4.21c on a computer with Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 1 for a number of years with no problem, Stating about a week ago I started having problems downloading the eamil from Comcasts email server. When I first turn the computer on I could receive the mail. After the computer is on for a couples of hours, or so, I am no longer able to check for or receive email. After reading some of the other posts I went to; Tools - Internet options - General "Generate internet session logs This is the log from when it con...

Socket read error 10054
A few my remote users have started to get timeout errors when connecting over pop3 to my mercury 32 server. Some use pegasus and some use outlook. The error is always the same in the log: 11:23:18.040: Connection from 24.9.77.119, Thu Feb 24 11:23:18 2005<lf> 11:23:18.040: << +OK <-240608256.2409@pos.org>, POP3 server ready.<cr><lf> 11:43:19.125: 7: Socket read error 10054 (connection aborted by remote host) 11:43:19.016: --- Connection closed normally at Thu Feb 24 11:43:19 2005. --- 11:43:20.147: Any ideas how I figure this out? They can also c...

Socket read error 2745 #2
I just installed 4.21c on a win XP (sp1) box. i can get mail, but when i trey to send i get this damn "Socket read error 2745". the rest of the network seems to be working fine. does anyone know what this is\, what causes it, and of course, how to eliminate the problem? btw, other machines on the same LAN work fine. the complete Pegasus error msg is below. thanks ben --- >> 0025 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES >> 0016 250-PIPELINING >> 0014 250-8BITMIME >> 0019 250-SIZE 52428800 >> 0009 250-DSN >> 0022 250-AUTH PLAIN ...

Closing inputstream while read in progress
Hi folks, While trying to figure out a solution to the "read console with timeout" problem posed on this group, I encountered an interesting situation. I have one thread blocking in a readLine() on a Reader (a BufferedReader wrapping an InputStreamReader wrapping System.in). In another thread, I close the reader, expecting the blocking readLine() to throw an exception. But it didn't. Would it not make sense for a blocking read to throw an exception if the stream/reader is closed while the read is blocking? I guess one can just say "don't access the reader from m...

socket error while creating database in windows98
We have installed beta version of postgres 7.2.1 on windows98. Initdb went through. while createing c:\>pgsql>creatdb sample following error message is being displayed psql.exe: cound not connect to server: socket error, No decription available (0X0000274D) is the server running on host localhost and accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432. Please kindly help us in solving this problem. regards guru ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster ...

Reading Database BLOB with showing progress information
Dear all, I'm dealing with a very tricky problem and can't seem to find the answer with google. the problem is: i want to store huge data (binaries) inside a mysql databases blob - to later store those data to a file somewhere else (from where i can connect the database). problem comes into play, when I try to output a "progress" of the reading of this data (kind of "xx bytes of XXX bytes already transmitted"). Does PHP / PDO /PEAR:DB has those Buffered Read capabilities for Table Columns ? Has anybody done this before ? Many thanks in advance.... Soeren In a...

error reading stdin: operation not supported on socket
Hi, I get this error message when I try to send an http request from a Tcl thread: error reading stdin: operation not supported on socket The error does not happen on any thread. I have six threads, and the problem occurs in thread 6, some times I get it also in thread 5 and 4. Google search revealed nothing relevant to this error message... Any ideas? Many thanks Alex Am Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016 21:02:10 UTC+1 schrieb Rich: > Alexandru wrote: > > Am Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016 11:17:10 UTC+1 schrieb Alexandre Ferrieux: > > > On Wednesday, January 27, 2...

Socket Read Error 2745. Guru needed.
A plea to Pegasus experts, please: I've been using ver 4.12a for some weeks now. This is a single, stand alone installation, used for retrieving personal e-mail from my ISP POP3 server. In the last 10 days or so, it's started to hang while retrieving mail. The error code is 0H. By selectively downloading messages, I think I've narrowed the problem to particular spams that have these lines in their headers: "X-Comment: Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements X-Comment: Date has been added by Maillennium" Although this problem starte...

error in error code database
Hi, &nbsp; I have this error (screenshot provided), which problem is its asking for a password. I think this vi is ni developed. So,&nbsp;I have tried to reinstall labview but still this cannot work. Thanks, for any help. &nbsp; Best regards, Edwin &nbsp; error_code_database_password.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/130546/1/error_code_database_password.zip Hi Edwin, The error is most likely caused by opening an LLB in a newer version of LabVIEW than the version it was developed on. It is commonly seen with the "Error Code Database.vi" when upgrading f...

Error 3027: cannot update: database or object is read only
Hi there, Allthough I searched for previous posts, I was unable to solve my problem. I try to link my front-mdb with an Excel file using the next line DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acLink, 8, "TblParameters", "C:\Parameters.xls", True, "" This works perfect for Access 2000, while for Access 2002 and Access 2003 I get error message 3027: cannot update: database or object is read only. The file is linked (fields can be read), but I'm unable to update any fields. And of course, I checked that this problem was not related to read-only attribute, administrator...

ESPIPE error on socket read sys call
Hi, I have a very simple server - client socket programming code in C (Linux 2.6) where client continuously write-read data to socket. Client code snippet =================== ...... sockfd=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0); connect(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *)&servaddr, sizeof(servaddr)); write(sockfd... read(sockfd... ..... Intermittently I do see that read system call returns me ESPIPE i.e. "Illegal seek error." Any idea what causes this error? Jaydeep Jaydeep Chovatia <chovatia.jaydeep@gmail.com> writes: > I have a very simple server...

Read error; How to trace the error further?
Hej People since some few weeks my ssh connections suddenly break. It occurs randomly but never while typing. I feel it happens mostly while executing some build commands or when leaving the prompt alone for some time. The box is freebsd 6.0. I put on the maximum debugging mode within my sshd_conf but still only get some very surficial output: Jun 26 16:49:11 warbox sshd[46752]: debug1: do_cleanup Jun 26 16:49:11 warbox sshd[46755]: Read error from remote host 87.36.218.85: Operation timed out Jun 26 16:49:11 warbox sshd[46755]: debug1: do_cleanup Jun 26 16:49:11 warbox sshd[46755]: debug1: ...

EAGAIN error after poll said that socket is read ready
Hi! This is just curiosity question. I didn't expect that after poll indicated that my socket had POLLIN event my recv would return EAGAIN error. But it happened to me today. And not once. The fact that it happens only today while the program is running for couple months adds to my confusion. So, is it possible that after poll indicated read readinnes actuall read would return EAGAIN for non-blocking socket? Andrei Andrei Voropaev <avorop@mail.ru> writes: > This is just curiosity question. I didn't expect that after poll > indicated that my socket had POLLI...

Web resources about - Error Reading Socket with AppBuilder - comp.databases.progress

'multi-device-hybrid-apps' Top Users - Stack Overflow

Jennifer Marsman (@jennifermarsman) on Twitter

Delphi (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi's compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal and generate native code for several platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows , 32-bit ...

PhoneGap 2.0 Improves iOS App Creation, Adds Windows Phone 7 Support
Adobe-owned open source mobile development platform PhoneGap has released version 2.0 and the system could be a good fit for those who need to ...

Solution Showcase - DocuSign
Contact Support & Training Support Home Community How-To Videos DocuSign University Training Webinars Developer Center Releases Downloads Resources ...

Topics - On Design - Electronic Component News
Skip to main content Advertisement Electronic Component News Home News Consumer Electronics Show Listicles Photos of the Day Articles Brainstorm ...

Product Capabilities
Esri is the world leader in GIS (geographic information system) modeling and mapping software and technology. This site features GIS mapping ...

Make An iPhone, Android App Without Knowing A Line Of Code
JamPot's new AppBuilder asks a series of questions and spits out a genuine, though limited function, app. It could blow the market wide open. ...

Telerik Launches New Development Platform For Web, Hybrid And Native Apps - TechCrunch
Telerik has long made a wide range of tools for developers, ranging from the Kendo UI jQuery framework to the cross-platform development service ...

Build Web, Hybrid or Native Web Apps with Telerik Platform
Telerik Platform provides a mechanism to build web, hybrid and native based iOS, Android and Windows Phone apps either using web based dashboard, ...