migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2

I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin
to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it

Is there a migration tool

--
panagiotis@mel
panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817

0
panagiotis
12/7/2004 7:24:32 AM
comp.databases.progress 917 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears.
Regards...Dan.
"panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message

> I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving
> to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it.
>
> Is there a migration tool?
>

> --
> panagiotis@melo
> panagiotis@melo's Profile:
> http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173
> View this thread:
> http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374

0
nntp
12/7/2004 2:53:40 PM
crossmerge.com ?
Regards...Dan.

0
JDanSkinner
12/7/2004 4:25:48 PM
"panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message

> I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving
> to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it.
>
> Is there a migration tool?

I don't know of a specific tool to this.

We build custom automated migration tools, that could be used to move the
data (rather easier)
and the application code (rather harder).  Still a lot better than
hand-recoding everything if you want the application to
continue doing everything it currently does.

See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Services/LegacyMigration.html

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com

0
Ira
12/26/2004 3:16:35 PM
"panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message

> I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving
> to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it.
>
> Is there a migration tool?

I don't of a specific tool to do this.

We build custom, automated conversion tools to move
the code and data.   This is much more effective
than manual recoding if you want the application
to get converted reliably and/or you want it
to continue doing what it did.
See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Services/LegacyMigration.html

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com

0
Ira

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000
We have a customer who wishes to migrate from Progress to MS SQL Serve 2000 and build a new application on the latter Can someone tell us how we can implement the migration? Please not that we are not familiar with Progress developmen Thanks in advanc -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 In article <panagiotismelo.1gulha@progresstalk.com>, panag...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit ...

[...]

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13...

Failed to connect SQL Server 2000 database from Progress V9.1E
Hello, a SQL Server 2000 database under Win2000 server. a progress V9.1E environnement under Win2000 server too. I created a connection via ODBC admin and it works. Now when trying to create a data server schema: * if using ODBC utility ==> cannot connect because the SQL server version is newer thzn SQL V6. * if using SQL utility ==> "no connection with current CONFIG file". What are the steps to make it work ? Thank's. Regards. F. STOCK ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

trouble getting a connection from MS SQL Server 2000 database server from WSAD
Hi , I have java servlet that creates a connection from connection pool . and I am getting the following errror.I am working on WSAD 4.x. I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver Implementation class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource and provided all the required jar files located at. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib.also i have given the resoure properties. WebSphere DataSource:CMProperties for DataSource "MSSQLServerConDev" DataSource Properties [com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSou...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > &...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on...

Restore SQL Server 6.5 database in SQL Server 2000
Hi, Do you know if it is possible to restore database (backup) from SQL Server 6.5 in SQL Server 2000? Best Regards, Wojtek -- (Remove bez.syfu get my e-mail address) ...

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 30...

Restore of Case Insensitive Database to a Case Sensitive Database
Yesterday I received a response to my CI/CS Collation problem and the recommendation was to try and restore a CI Collation database to a CS Collation database. After creating a blank CS database a full restore (Force restore over existing database) does change the Collation to CI. I'm unsure as to how I can restore without changing the Collation. Any suggestions? Hi. Check out this article: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/vg_database_comparison_sp.asp If appears that if you can put the CI db on another box and create a linked server to it you should be able to bring over every...

Re: Update Sql Server 2000 database from the HP3000 #2
Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for more of a product that would be more interactive and responsive. For example, I need to update an sql table whenever a student demographic information is updated so that teachers can view the data on their sql table. Dave Vorgang Senior (and getting older everyday) Programmer / Analyst Medford School District - Information Technology (541) 842-1021 mailto:Dave.Vorgang@Medford.k12.or.us -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Kent Wallace Sent: Wednesday, September...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access #2
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

SQL Server Database encryption_state still says 2 for a 110GB Database for the past one week
Hi All, I implemented TDE on one of my SQL Server instance. When I query the database state with the following query it returns 2 to one of my databases which is about 110GB. Its been 2 weeks and its still says 2. SELECT db_name(database_id), encryption_state,* FROM sys.dm_database_encryption_keys The same instance has other Databases which are less than 50GBs are all set to show 3 on the Encryption_State column. These databases are also set to mirror and I have applied the Certificates to the DR and the mirroring has been active and synchronized state. I see logs were restored as part of ...

SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Database Migration
Could someone help us with a problem we're having with regard to moving several databases from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 on different servers in different domains. Our current SQL 7 server resides in one domain, and holds several databases. We now want to move these to a SQL 2000 server in another domain. We're trying to use the Copy Database wizard on the SQL 2000 server (logged in as the local admin account), selecting the SQL 7 server as the source, using 'sa' account on that server. The target is the SQL 2000 server, again using 'sa' account. We're leaving everythi...

Problem Using 2 tables from Diferent DataBases (Ms-SQL Server)
Hy People i have this problem. I'm working with c55h and MS-SQL 7 and i have 2 databases Like These Database1 -> Tables: Customeres,Products Database2 -> Table: Inovoices When i do a Browse Over the Invoice Table, everything works Great the problem begins when i put fields from a table in other Database In this Case, The Customer's Name. (Database1) The browse behavior is extrange. it shows duplicated Records and extrange things. i resolved that problem using a VIEW of the customer table instead of the table. (the view is saved in the DataBase2) i gess if i would do that...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
Yes it is possible. We do it. The tools we use are now obsolete. But I am sure there are newer tools available. We use the Oracle Gateway (obsolete) and PROCOBOL (I think also obsolete). The SQL queries generated by the PROCOBOL portion of the COBOL code queries information from Oracle. The COBOL program then writes the information to a VPlus screen just like any other data. I know there are several tools which will allow COBOL to do SQL queries. In combination with any data gateway, ODBC, or other such technology this should get the information into the program. I see you did n...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol program accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the C libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. Pete On July 7, 2003 06:38 pm, Paul H. Christidis wrote: > Folks, > > I was asked the following question today and decided to turn to your > collective wisdom: > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > server or an ORACLE data...

Database migration from Sybase ASE 12.x to MS SQL Server 2005
Hi, We are going to be migrating an application and the first step is to migration the Sybase database to SQL Server 2005 database. Can anyone shed some light into this and help me understand the process involved? What are the possible pitfalls? What should the approach be? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Newbie Bad move ...

Import XML file to database (MS Server 2000) using procedure (transact sql) ???
I must import some exemplary file to database (MS Srrver 2000) ofcourse using procedure Transact SQL. This file must: 1.Read the xml file 2. Create table 3. Import this date from xml file to my database Ps. I create procedure who File xml imports to base, but unfortunately she only schedule when earlier create a table or table is created.So I need (I think) create such mini parser in language transact SQL. Does someone have some ideas? For every help Thanks ==== example file xml =========================================== <root> <Cust> <IDosoby>1</IDo...

Web resources about - migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2 - comp.databases.progress

Emery County Progress - Emery County, Utah
Emery County Progress, Serving Emery County, Utah news since 1900

The Progress
Boro: Paving bid could be good news Friday, June 19, 2015 By Jeff Corcino Staff Writer Clearfield Borough received some potentially good news ...

March of Progress (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
March of Progress is the ninth studio album (and sixteenth overall) by progressive metal band Threshold . It is the first studio album on which ...

Samsung Gear S2 review: progress in smartwatch design but lack of apps disappoints
The S2’s design is a massive step up from the chunky designs of smartwatches we’ve seen so far but some notable hardware features are missing ...

Malcolm Turnbull to deliver Closing the Gap report card, tipped to show limited progress in key areas ...
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull will face his first test in Indigenous affairs today when he delivers the annual Closing the Gap report card. ...

Opinion: How Apple Pay has changed in year one, and what progress year two should bring
... The move to debit and credit cards with chips and terminals that accept them in the U.S. has been a helpful factor, but there’s plenty of progress ...

Micron Reports on GDDR5X Dev Progress
... standard ahead of later JEDEC ratification and offering a brief summary of what to expect. Since then the company has been quiet on their progress ...

Progress Reports for Kevin Durant's Biggest Free-Agent Suitors
Did you know Kevin Durant is going to be a free agent over the summer? OK, good. Just wanted to make sure. After all, no one is talking about ...