How to get the size of image/text entry

Is there a SQL-Statement to obtain the real size of an image or text entry?

Regards
Guido Frohn

0
Guido
7/28/2003 10:39:40 AM
comp.databases.sybase 3279 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Found the (simple) solution by RTFM.

select datalength(object) from table where object_id=4711

"Guido Frohn" <guido.frohn@compumatica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a SQL-Statement to obtain the real size of an image or text
entry?

> Regards
> Guido Frohn

0
Guido
7/28/2003 11:25:23 AM
"Guido Frohn" <guido.frohn@compumatica.de> wrote in message
> Is there a SQL-Statement to obtain the real size of an image or text
entry?

> Regards
> Guido Frohn

Use the datalength() function on the text/image column.

HTH,

Rob
Rob Verschoor

Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0
and Replication Server 12.5

Author of "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" and
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
Online orders accepted at http://www.sypron.nl/shop

mailto:rob@DO.NOT.SPAM.sypron.nl.REMOVE.THIS.DECOY
http://www.sypron.nl
Sypron B.V., P.O.Box 10695, 2501HR Den Haag, The Netherlands

Rob

Printing text, image, text, image, ...
I have bunch of text files (about 20 lines) and bunch of image files. Is there a clean way to print text, then image, then text, then image, ...., as though there are in single continuous document? -- William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>, Toronto, Canada ThinFlash: Linux thin-client on USB key (flash) drive http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html BashDiff: Super Bash shell http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/ ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:01:01 -0400, William Park staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have [a] bu...

how to get an image from a database ?
hi i'm using a liitle script to insert images in a mssql database. yes i know i'm not supposed to store images in a database, but after my images are only 3kb in size, i've decided to do it anyway. question: how would it be possible to get one of this images back on my disc? i've been looking through many posting in different forums. but all of them are hard to understand if you don't have any experiences using php. the code below is as far as i could get by now. but the downloaded file is only 318 bytes in size and can not be displayed. so obviously, my code is crep! but...

Get size of an image
I'm looking for some code that will allow me to get the pixel dimensions of an image in JPG, PNG or GIF format in Delphi 7 Personal. Obviously I can load a JPG into a TImage with AutoSize=true and check the size of the TImage afterwards, but that won't work with PNG or GIF. Any ideas? Thanks, - QS Computing. "QS Computing" <qscomputing@gmail.com> wrote in message news:96955ac3.0501270335.28c24e68@posting.google.com... > I'm looking for some code that will allow me to get the pixel > dimensions of an image in JPG, PNG or GIF format in Delphi 7 ...

how to get images from database?
1.how to get images from data base? 2.how to apply region of interest on fingerprint image? ...

How to get clear image of a scanned image by removing black dots,resize,despeckle,clearer text
i want to do scanned image of a text document in to a clear text document image.. pls can anyone help .. i converted image into black&white.and applied bwmorph(bw,'remove'), it removes most black part .. but i am not getting clearer text. pls help me thanx. jagadish katti: Maybe you could try this: http://www.leptonica.com/binarization.html or look here: http://iris.usc.edu/Vision-Notes/bibliography/contentschar.html#OCR,%20Document%20Analysis%20and%20Character%20Recognition%20Systems Or try MATLAB's adapthisteq() in the Image Processing Toolbox. ...

reading compressed images from Sybase SQL Anywhere database ASA 9/Sybase Central 4.2
hi, Images are stored in a table in HEX format in Sybase db for a financial application that I am currently working on. These images are first compressed using PKWare or Dynazip before they are split across as several "pages" in a table. Now, I want to be able to uncompress this image, read it and compress them back to put into ORacle system. Can someone PLEASE help me how I can achieve this. Thank you. ...

getting image data from database
hi i have a mssql database to store small images. i know, images aren't supposed to be stored in databases, but i did it anyway... so, i try to retrieve an image from the database and store it on my local disc. how could this be done? tx for any help or suggestion! ...

Captcha image Text Size
Hi, Learning PHP code; playing with various methods of generating captcha codes: In the code below, how would I change the size of the text displayed in the captcha code? Is it even possible with this method? TIA, Twayne -------------------------- <?php session_start(); $width = 120; $height = 40; $length = 5; $baseList = '23456789abcdfghjkmnpqrstvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZ'; $code = ""; $counter = 0; $image = @imagecreate($width, $height) or die('Cannot initialize GD!'); for( $i=0; $i<10; $i++ ) { imageline($image, mt_rand(0,$width), mt_rand...

How to get image size in these conditions ?
How to get width and height of an image file (GIF or JPEG), knowing my hosting provider has just the Perl 5.00503 stock modules (i.e. without things like Image::Info or Image::Size) and doesn't allow any new module install out of my own cgi-bin directory ? And, of course, I don't wish to change of provider for this reason only. BlinKol wrote: > How to get width and height of an image file (GIF or JPEG), knowing my > hosting provider has just the Perl 5.00503 stock modules (i.e. without > things like Image::Info or Image::Size) and doesn't allow any new module > ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Getting the Text from Image and PDF
Hi friends, This is Jan, I am new to this Group. I have a requirement here. Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. Thanks && Regards.. Jan Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > I have a requirement here. > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image > and PDF formats. For reading characters from graphical data, google "ocr"...

How to get database size in DB2?
The DB2 runs on Redhat, and when I entered following command, $ db2 call GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?,?,?,0) I got error like this: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' anyone could advise, thanks in advance. On Oct 30, 7:53=A0am, jerry8hu...@gmail.com wrote: > The DB2 runs on Redhat, and when I entered following command, > > =A0$ db2 call GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?,?,?,0) > > =A0I got error like this: > > -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' > > =A0anyone could advise, thanks in advance. The '(' and ')' characters have a special meaning in Bash. To tell Bash not to interpret these characters, surround the command by quotes: =A0$ db2 "call GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?,?,?,0)" You might want to read up on the Bash shell a bit... Kind regards, Frederik Engelen ...

getting image-size in megabytes not pixels
Hi- One of my clients requires that I submit the 'in-memory size' of the iamge (most commonly found in photoshop when you are resizing the image). Not the filesize on the disk. Is there a way to get this info using The GIMP? I haven't run across it and searching is tough becasue of the phrase 'image-size'. Is there a way to calculate this number? Based on the PPI, and pixels of the image? Is it (width x height x ppi) / 1024 ? Hmm, that might work? Anybody know for sure how to get this value? And if you can find it out in The GIMP. thanks, b...

How to get a Sybase database report utilization?
Hello to all, I am using this query to get a Sybase database report utilization: SELECT dbname = d.name ,device_fragments = substring(v.name,1,15) ,usage = substring(m.description, 1, 15) ,total_size_kb = u.size * (sv1.low / 1024) ,free_kb = curunreservedpgs(d.dbid, u.lstart, u.unreservedpgs) * (sv1.low / 1024) ,free_pct = convert(numeric(5,2), round(100.00 * curunreservedpgs(d.dbid, u.lstart, u.unreservedpgs) / u.size, 2)) ,use_pct = convert(numeric(5,2), 100 - round(100.00 * curunreservedpgs(d.dbid, u.lstart, u.unreservedpgs) / u.size, 2)) FROM master.dbo.sysdevices v ,master.dbo.sysusages u ,master.dbo.sysdatabases d ,master.dbo.spt_values sv1 ,master.dbo.spt_values sv2 ,master.dbo.sysmessages m WHERE v.status & 2 = 2 AND u.vstart BETWEEN v.low AND v.high AND d.dbid = u.dbid AND sv1.number = 1 AND sv1.type = 'E' AND sv2.type = "S" AND sv2.number = u.segmap & 7 AND m.error = sv2.msgnum AND isnull(m.langid, 0) = @@langid ORDER BY 1, 2, 3 go The query works very well on my Production database. Recently I copied the production database to my development database, using dump and load commands. This query does not work on my development database and even the sp_helpdb command show all space as available, but this is not true. The tables/indexes from production are in the development database. Anyone have another query to get the available space on my databases or an option to update the catalog for my developm...

Difference between IMAGE and TEXT datatypes in Sybase
Is there any difference between TEXT datatype and IMAGE datatype based on its usage, handling and how Sybase treats it? -Praveen On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:23:34 -0700, Praveen wrote: > Is there any difference between TEXT datatype and IMAGE datatype based on > its usage, handling and how Sybase treats it? Yes. Character conversions apply to TEXT datatypes, whereas IMAGE columns are stored as-is. Michael -- Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or long term contract positions - http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/resume.html Praveen.Katta@mercer.com (Praveen) wrote in message news:<ab8b14f5.0310071323.75ca3bb5@posting.google.com>... > Is there any difference between TEXT datatype and IMAGE datatype based > on its usage, handling and how Sybase treats it? > > -Praveen Yes, TEXT data is subject to character set conversions if the client is using a different character set than the ASE server. IMAGE is not subject to character set conversion. -bret "Bret Halford" <bret@sybase.com> wrote in message news:34c88f2b.0310071909.746101ab@posting.google.com... > Praveen.Katta@mercer.com (Praveen) wrote in message news:<ab8b14f5.0310071323.75ca3bb5@posting.google.com>... > > Is there any difference between TEXT datatype and IMAGE ...

Font size of text when printing images
Hello i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size for the images of the different studies. Question: Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the demograhhics). Any other ideas of that behavior Thanks in advance for your help Martin Hi Moser, How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you want demographic details printed? moser martin wrote: > Hello > i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of > one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size > for the images of the different studies. > > Question: > Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the > demograhhics). > > Any other ideas of that behavior > > Thanks in advance for your help > > Martin Hi Ramesh i did send the studies from a pacs displaystation to a printserver (hipax) where a paperprinter is connected to. There is no option to enable/disable demographic layouts for printing, it is just a dicom-print from a pacs displaystation. ramesh.s.raghavan@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi Moser, > > How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you > want demographic details printed? > > moser martin wrote: > > Hello > > i hav...

how can i get the text of entry in TK?
hi everyone! I want to get the text of entry in TK,when run the script,I input the value "test" in the entry,but click the button "get",It just show the value "Null",not the value "test" which is except. what is the wrong? the script is as below: require 'tk' root=TkRoot.new{ title "getValue" } var=TkVariable.new a=TkEntry.new(root){ text=var grid 'row'=>1,'column'=>1 } TkButton.new(root){ text "get" grid 'row'=>3,'column'=>1 command{ puts a.cget('text...

get image size from binary data
Is there some way to get the dimensions of an image, given the binary data of the image, without having to write it to a temporary file? It seems that getimagesize() will only take a filename, but since I have to download the image from a remote URL with fsockopen(), I have it stored as a binary string. I've had a cursory glance at the data, but predictably the size is not stored in decimal format anywhere... -- cb On 26 Jun, 08:31, Christoph Burschka <christoph.bursc...@rwth- aachen.de> wrote: > Is there some way to get the dimensions of an image, given the binary > d...

Command to get the size of DB2 database
Is there any command to get the size of a DB2 database? db2 "CALL GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?, ?, ?, 0)" http://tinyurl.com/m6bu8 satish mullapudi wrote: > Is there any command to get the size of a DB2 database? ...

Get the optical size of a character or text?
Hello here, is there any way to get the real optical size of a character (height and width)? (I could only get the one with whitespaces around.) On Dec 24, 11:07=C2=A0am, K=C4=81rlis Repsons <reps...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there any way to get the real optical size of a character (height > and width)? (I could only get the one with whitespaces around.) Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here it goes: \documentclass{minimal} \newlength{\myLen} \begin{document} \settoheight\myLen{M}Height is \the\myLen\ and width is \settowidth \myLen{M} \the\myLen. \end{docume...

Image size for phone book entries?
I've got a Treo 680. Anyone know what the native image size/resolution is for the photos used in the contact list? -- Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol "The signal always gets degraded in combat," he muttered to himself. "Always..." (Miles Vorkosigan [Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"]) It is alleged that Jeffrey Kaplan claimed: > I've got a Treo 680. Anyone know what the native image size/resolution > is for th...

Getting database size: a stored procedure to do it......
As I had real problems working my head around sp_spaceused, I've written an SP to do it (I also noted a lot of questions about this when "searching"). Pass in a database name and it will return the size of the database as a float (ie. 0.75 for 0.75mb). Update usage set to 1 indicates the DB should update its size information before giving you the result. Anyway, comments appreciate. ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.proc_BL_Get_Space_Used @DatabaseName NVARCHAR(54), @updateusage BIT, @Size REAL OUTPUT AS BEGIN DECLARE @dbsize DECIMAL(15,0) DECLARE @bytespe...

How to get the single image in the video viewer output where i am getting 3*3 images
i am sending the video using gateway in & gateway out blocks. the output in the video viewer is 9*9 but i want it to be single image ...

Web resources about - How to get the size of image/text entry - comp.databases.sybase

Twist Image
At Twist Image, we connect brands to people and people to brands. Let us show you what we mean.

Wikipedia:WikiProject Images and Media/Photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This WikiProject 's primary aim is to encourage the contribution and improvement of photographs on Wikipedia. The project seeks to act as a focal ...

Kate Jenkins well placed to rid Blues of boys’ club image
Kate Jenkins' deep love and understanding of football has proved a fortunate twist of fate for the AFL.

Leaked images claim to show iPhone SE display, confirm lack of 3D Touch support
... Apple’s upcoming 4-inch device and reported that Apple plans to call the device the iPhone SE . Now, French site NowhereElse has shared images ...

Air Force unveils image of top secret stealth bomber
Atlanta Journal Constitution Air Force unveils image of top secret stealth bomber Atlanta Journal Constitution Air Force reveals image of ...

Aston Martin DB11 stuns in leaked official images
Filed under: Geneva Motor Show , Aston Martin , Coupe , Luxury , Performance Gaydon's latest GT, the new DB11 coupe, has leaked out ahead of ...

Lowry: Christie’s Endorsement Huge; Solidifies Image of ‘Bully-boy Toughness’
Lowry: Christie's Endorsement Huge; Solidifies Image of 'Bully-boy Toughness'

Leaked images suggest Apple's next iPhone might not look like the iPhone 6 after all
9to5 Mac has new renderings of the soon to be announced iPhone 5SE , and it looks a bit different than everyone expected. These new images come ...

Air Force reveals first image of B-21 Long Range Strike Bomber
CNN Air Force reveals first image of B-21 Long Range Strike Bomber CNN (CNN) It's an image that is being picked apart by military aviation ...

There Are At Least Four Classic References In This Image
Have something you think we should know? Email us at tips@deadspin.com , or contact our writers directly , or use our SecureDrop system . You ...