Database Benchmarks and Filemaker limits

Hello out there,

for a database-project I need to evaluate database systems. Not only the
execution time of statements is relevant. Another important
characteristic I need to know is the expected maximum number of records
that a database system can handle. Till today the client used Filemaker
(version 6 with ~10'000 records), but the amount of records that will be
acquired in the next time will dramatically increase. Therefore I need
to know when the limits of Filemaker are reached and if necessary
introduce a more capable db system.

Does anybody have practical experince in this area or know where I get
the needed information?

Thanks very much for your comments.

Greetings, Filipe Luis.

0
Filipe
11/20/2003 9:56:18 AM
comp.databases.theory 2343 articles. 0 followers. caseyhHAMMER_TIME (244) is leader. Post Follow