DM 2011 (Rome, Italy) - 1st call extension: until 28 March 2011

Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and
students

-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (1st call extension): 28
March 2011 --

IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2011
Rome, Italy, 24- 26 July 2011
(http://www.datamining-conf.org/)
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information
Systems (MCCSIS 2011)
Rome, Italy, 20 =96 26 July 2011
(http://www.mccsis.org)

* Keynote Speaker:
Professor Domenico Talia, University of Calabria & ICAR-CNR, Italy

* Conference background and goals
The European Conference on Data Mining (ECDM=9211) is aimed to gather
researchers and application developers from a wide range of data
mining related areas such as statistics,
computational intelligence, pattern recognition, databases and
visualization. ECDM=9211 is aimed to advance the state of the art in
data mining field and its various real world applications. ECDM=9211
will provide opportunities for technical collaboration among data
mining and machine learning researchers around the globe.

* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise invited talks and oral presentations.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a
book and a CD-Rom.
The conference proceedings will be submitted for indexing to INSPEC,
EI Compendex, Thomson ISI, ISTP and other indexing services.

* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended
versions of their papers to
selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer
Science and Information Systems (IJCSIS - ISSN: 1646-3692) including
journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.

* Types of submissions
Full papers, Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations,
Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.

* Topics related to Data Mining are of interest. These include, but
are not limited to the following areas:

- Core Data Mining Topics (Main area)
	- Parallel and distributed data mining algorithms
	- Data streams mining
	- Graph mining
	- Spatial data mining
	- Text video, multimedia data mining
	- Web mining
	- Pre-processing techniques
	- Visualization
	- Security and information hiding in data mining
- Data Mining Applications (Main area)
	- Databases
	- Bioinformatics
	- Biometrics
	- Image analysis
	- Financial modeling
	- Forecasting
	- Classification
	- Clustering
	- Social Networks
	- Educational data mining

* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (1st call extension): 28 March 2011
- Notification to Authors (1st call extension): 29 April 2011
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (1st call
extension): Until 25 May 2011
- Late Registration (1st call extension): After 25 May 2011
- Conference: Rome, Italy, 24 - 26 July 2011

* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Rome, Italy

* Secretariat
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2011
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
E-mail: secretariat@datamining-conf.org
Web site: http://www.datamining-conf.org/

* Program Committee
European Conference on Data Mining 2011 Program Chair
Ajith P. Abraham, School of Computer Science, Chung-Ang University,
South Korea

MCCSIS 2011 General Conference Co-Chairs
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isa=EDas, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University),
Portugal

Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.datamining-conf.org/committ=
ees.asp

* Registered participants in the European Conference on Data Mining
conference may attend the other conferences part of MCCSIS 2011 free
of charge.
0
natty2006 (381)
3/22/2011 11:32:57 AM
comp.databases.theory 2334 articles. 0 followers. caseyhHAMMER_TIME (244) is leader. Post Follow

Calling Pixel of an Image individually
Hi, How can I work on each pixel of an image individually? Thanks in advance, Steve You mean an image control? Nope, hasn't got an HDC property But you can with a form or a picturebox. <steven_82m@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1118384783.704650.138580@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How can I work on each pixel of an image individually? > > Thanks in advance, > Steve > In the case of an Image control, I guess you could translate the coordinates relative to the form/container, and then use the container's hDC. I have not tried it but I...

CALL MATLAB from C++
Please help me on the information on how can i call MATLAB from C++ James wrote: > Please help me on the information on how can i call MATLAB from C++ Check out http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-17UIR.html?solution=1-17UIR if you would like to use COM and http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-17M7L.html?solution=1-17M7L if you would like to use the MATLAB Engine (a shared library framework). Also check the documentation at: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external.html todd I use this to call matlab in VC++...

LDAP client extension
Hi there I'd like tu use the LDAP client extension to make queries to a win2k server. The setup is tha following: Hostname: 172.16.100.1 (Server's IP address) Port : 389 search : dc=my_domain With anonymous connection or authenticated connection (administrator + pw) I've no answer. How could i manage it? Thanks in advance Phil moi (moi@free.fr) wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows: > I'd like tu use the LDAP client extension to make queries to a win2k server. > The setup is tha following: > Hostname: 172.16.100.1 (Server's IP address) ...

Free Large Twitter Icons 2011.1
Free Large Twitter Icons picture a famous Twitter bird in a variety of styles and situations. The set also includes icons for a Twitter sign. All the images are created by professional artists and demonstrate bright colors and well-finished edges. This free icon set will be perfect to suit your needs for integrating your blog, website or software with Twitter microblog service or for creating a visual interface of a Twitter-client. Each icon includes the following sizes: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48 and 256x256 pixels. 32-bit color scheme is used, making the set compatible with Window...

Printer API call problem
I have a program that prints to a printer connected to the PC via the LPT1 port. I am using the following API calls OpenPrinterA, StartDocPrinterA, StartPagePrinter, WritePrinter, EndPagePrinter, EndDocPrinter, ClosePrinter. The printer is configured to print directly to the printer without spooling. If the printer is turned off or disconnected and someone prints to it out of my application the application hangs on the ClosePrinter call. Is there another API call that will check for the printer being physically connected to the PC or is there a way to timeout the closeprinter functio...

Hegemony Rome - The Rise of Caesar
Hi, The first Hegemony game wasn't bad for a hybrid RTS / turn-based game so have a look at the video http://www.longbowgames.com/rome/ and an interview : http://www.rtsguru.com/article/1486/Hegemony-Rome-Rise-of-Caesar-Interview.html Greetz, Eddy Sterckx ...

speaker auto-answer of internal calls?
Hi. I'm a former Telrad user who got used to at least one of their features. our office uses meridian 3903's all over the building. is it possible for my phone to ansewr incoming internal calls by speaker or have outgoing internal calls auto answer by speaker? does anybody else think their interface is extremely user UN-friendly? Wil. Wil, change cls hfa (handsfree allowed) and i believe cls aaa (automatic anwering alowed) but it wil work for all calls. I work for more than 6 years with nortel meridian1 system, and NO i think its not user un-friendly P...

HotPar '09 Call For Papers Deadline Approaching #2
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Call for Papers: First USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Parallelism (HotPar '09) March 30�31, 2009 Berkeley, CA, USA http://www.usenix.org/hotpar09/cfpb Sponsored by USENIX: The Advanced Computing Systems Association Complete paper submissions due: October 17, 2008 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Colleague: The First USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Parallelism (HotPar '09) Program Committee would like to remind you that the deadline to contribute to th...

ACCU conference call for proposals
ACCU is a non-profit organisation run by software enthusiasts for software enthusiasts. ACCU warmly invites you to propose a session for this leading software development conference. Call for Proposals - ACCU 2012 April 24-28, 2012. Barcelo Oxford Hotel, Oxford, UK Submission website: https://www.conftool.pro/accu2012/ Submission deadline: 16th of October 2011 twitter: @accu2012 #accu2012 More details can be found here http://accu.org/index.php/conferences/accu_conference_2012/accu2012_Call_for_Papers The conference has always benefited from the strength of its programme. Please help us m...

Invitation to Italy and USA 2005; c/ba
Dear potential Speaker: On behalf of the organizing committee, I would like to extend a cordial invitation for you to attend one or both of the upcoming IPSI BgD multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary conferences. The first one will take place in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA: IPSI-2005 USA Hotel@MIT, Cambridge (arrival: 7 July 05 / departure: 10 July 05) New deadlines: 20 February 05 (abstract) / 15 April 05 (full paper) The second one will take place in Loreto Aprutino, Italy: IPSI-2005 ITALY Hotel Castello Chiola (arrival: 27 July 05 / departure: 1 Aug...

Different "cultures" For Business Calling
Just wondered if my perception is that there are different "attitudes" about calling businesses. In the US (and I believe in Canada) it's quite common that for someone to reach a business (such as an airline or a telephone company) that you will call a toll-free (800/888/877/866) number. When visiting the Netherlands I found toll-free "freephone" was not at all the norm. What appears to be the norm in the Netherlands is premium rate calls to reach pretty much any major business or other concern. To call an airline, telephone company, a telethon or even a p...

Difference between Dm and DM in sendmail.cf file
Hi All, I'm a bit confused by the sendmail.cf file I have, because it has a line with 'Dm' and a line with 'DM' in it. I know DM is used for masquerading, but what's the purpose of 'Dm'? Where does 'Dm' come from, what option is that in the .mc file? I hope someone knows, because I have been looking for it on the internet and it's still not clear to me. With Kind Regards, Arl� Arl� Mooldijk wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm a bit confused by the sendmail.cf file I have, because it has a line > with 'Dm' and a line with 'DM&...

ISA 2011 (Rome, Italy)
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions: 24 January 2011 =96 IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS AND AGENTS 2011 Rome, Italy, 24 - 26 July 2011 (http://www.isa-conf.org/) part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2011) Rome, Italy, 20 =96 26 July 2011 (http://www.mccsis.org) * Conference background and goals The IADIS Intelligent Systems and Agents conference addresses in detail two main aspects: intelligent systems and agents. ...

ML 2009 Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS The 2009 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on ML To be held in conjunction with ICFP 2009 on Sunday, August 30, 2009 in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK http://www.mpi-sws.org/~rossberg/ml2009/ GOALS OF THE WORKSHOP ML is a family of programming languages that includes dialects known as Standard ML, Objective Caml, and F#. The development of these languages has inspired a large amount of computer science research, both practical and theoretical. This workshop aims to provid...

Feedback on Olympus DM-10
Hi, I'm trying to decide upon a good digital voice recorder that I'll mainly use for lecture recordings. I've been serching for several days now about info on Olympus DM-10. I could find enough official description of it, but no customer reviews. Please, if someone has used it, drop a line here, let me know what you think about it. Especially the quality of recording in a large room, sensitivity of the mic, ease of use, etc. How does it compare to Olympus DM-1 or some of the Sony stuff? Is it worth the money in your view? Thanks in advance Svilen sminchev@yahoo.com (Svilen) wrot...

Call for Papers Reminder: International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists IMECS 2014
Call for Papers Reminder: International MultiConference of Engineers and Co= mputer Scientists IMECS 2014 Draft Manuscript submission deadline: 8 December, 2013 =20 Camera-Ready papers & registration deadline: 10 January, 2014 IMECS 2014: Hong Kong, 12-14 March, 2014 http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2014 The IMECS 2014 is organized by the International Association of Engineers (= IAENG), a non-profit international association for the engineers and the co= mputer scientists. The conference has the focus on the frontier topics in t= he theoretical and applied engineering and computer ...

how to call operator as function
Hi *, could you help me please ? I'm trying to write a code where I could have operators' functions as values of hash and executing them in way like this (formal code): #============================= operators = { "+" => Fixnum.+, "-" => Fixnum.-, "++" => Myclass.++} op = "+" result = operators[op](left,right) if left.class==Fixnum and right.class==Fixnum #============================ is it possible ? Thanks, Cheers, V. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] On 20...

Page calling
Hello, I have this source code but I want to prevent the call for the next page when the function is false. How could I do this? The function 'ueberpruefen' has a surrender value(true or false). <form action="Ausg.php" method="post" onsubmit="ueberpruefen(this);"> jacksch_1@hotmail.com (BjoernJackschina) wrote: > I have this source code but I want to prevent the call for the next > page when the function is false. How could I do this? The function > 'ueberpruefen' has a surrender value(true or false). > <form action="Au...

supress output header in CLP for CALL statement
Hi, I see that I always get on CLP for CALL stmt: Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name : Parameter Value : How can I only return parameter value from CLP for further script to process it. Regards, Suri rnbjrnbj@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I see that I always get on CLP for CALL stmt: > Value of output parameters > -------------------------- > Parameter Name : Parameter Value : > > How can I only return parameter value from CLP for further script to > process it. > Regards, > Suri You don't list your p...

LOPSTR 2011
============================================================ Call for papers 21th International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation LOPSTR 2011 http://users.dsic.upv.es/~lopstr11/ Odense, Denmark, July 18-20, 2011 (co-located with PPDP 2011) ============================================================ Objectives: The aim of the LOPSTR series is to stimulate and promote international research and collaboration on logic-based program development. LOPSTR i...

segmentation fault in t_splay() calling Tcl_Alloc()
Let me first start this message by stating that I believe this to be an error in gcc, but I wanted to see if anyone else may have seen this and could offer their advice: On my system (SCO UNIX 5.0.6 ) Tcl_Alloc maps to malloc and I am getting a segmentation fault in the libc function t_splay() after calling Tcl_Alloc() in my application. GDB output to follow: (gdb) run Starting program: /var/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.6Ga/usr/local/src/pcl0.0.1/bin/pclsh % source test.pcl Opening file: om1reg.soa records read: 0 records read: 1 Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x80023aac in t_spl...

DM 642
Hello Necessary of aid, my problem is the following one: As it is that I can accede to the values that are in the variable "y1" of form to construct a matrix, so that it can make detention of contours(ex:Sobel). (project -> pal.pjt -> Loopback) //----------------------------- for(i = 0; i <numLines; i ++) { DAT_copy(capFrameBuf->frame.iFrm.y1 + i * capLinePitch, disFrameBuf->frame.iFrm.y1 + i * disLinePitch,numPixels); } DAT_wait(DAT_XFRID_WAITALL); VID_exchange(capChan, &capFrameBuf); FVID_exchange(disChan, &...

Ask For Any Solution Manual or Test Bank (Huge Collection 2010-2011) #2 #2
Calculations: The Pharmacy Technician Series, 1st Edition 2006, Johnston, Instructor Manual Calculations: The Pharmacy Technician Series, 1st Edition 2006, Johnston, Test Bank Calculus and its Applications, 11th Edition, Goldstein, Schneider, Lay, Asmar, Test Bank Calculus and Its Applications, 12th Edition, Goldstein, Schneider, Lay, Asmar, Solutions Manual Calculus and Its Applications, 12th Edition, Goldstein, Schneider, Lay, Asmar, Test Bank Calculus and Its Applications, 8th Edition, Bittinger, Instructor Manual Calculus and Its Applications, 8th Edition, Bittinger, Test Ban...

ACM International Conference on Supercomputing
ICS 2014: Call for Posters and Participation in ACM Student Research Competition The International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS) invites submissions of high-quality posters. The poster session is intended to showcase unpublished work in progress in the topics covered by ICS. The titles, abstracts, and authors of accepted posters will be listed in the conference proceedings. Eligible student posters will be also included into the ACM Student Research Competition (SRC). General Poster Submission Requirements --------------------------------------------------- All poster particip...

CFP: EvoHOT 2011
We would like to invite you to submit a paper to EvoHOT 2011, the 6th European Workshop on Hardware Optimization Techniques. EvoHOT focuses on innovative heuristics, game theory and bio-inspired techniques (eg. EA, SA, AIS, NN, ants) applied to the Electronic Design Automation. The workshop goal is to show the latest developments; industrial experiences; successful attempts to /evolve/ rather than /design/ new solutions; hybridizations of traditional methodologies. EvoHOT topics include, but are not limited to: * Analog circuit design * Automatic test pattern generation * Built-in self t...