How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?

Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle
database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me?

Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to
pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large
database) to  a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in
advance.
0
abelito_morelos
1/12/2004 8:52:11 PM
comp.databases 3839 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>...
> Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle
> database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me?
>
> Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to
> pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large
> database) to  a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in
> advance.

Check into PERL and the PERL DBI (DataBase Interface). There are
drivers for both mySQL and ORACLE. The PERL DBI can maintain multiple
connections so you can access both DB's at the same time. That should
make the transfer easy.

Drop me a line if you need help.
  Ed Prochak
0
ed

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

How to keep update one Mysql database with another MySQL database?
I have two Mysql databases. One is the master and the other is slave. I need to keep update with slave database to keep some tables the same as master database. The first idea in my mind is to write a php script to read datas from these tables and write into slave database. But I still think it is a little complex to judge which code I need to write into slave databse. So, any good idea to do this job? Any tool I can use? -- Water Lin http://blog.waterlin.org Water Lin wrote: > I have two Mysql databases. One is the master and the other is slave. > > I need to keep update wi...

MySQL Database not retrieving the full database
Hi, I am using MySQL and PHP for my repository. It has 500+ records. till now it was displayiing all records in the database, but since from one week its not displaying all 500+, its showing only 400 records.. even in command mode its retrieving only 400 records. please help me to solve this problem. what may be the problem i am not able to traceout. and if i give the following command it will show records in command line. "select soft_id, soft_title, file_name from maintable where soft_id='530';" Waiting for reply Geetha ...

Web resources about - How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database? - comp.databases

synchronize on the App Store on iTunes
Get synchronize on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

How to synchronize metronomes - YouTube
This video shows how you can synchronize a set of oscillators (e.g., metronomes, pendulum clocks, etc) by coupling them together. At the very ...

China to synchronize trade growth, economic expansion
China to synchronize trade growth, economic expansion People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, ...

Jailbreak Only: CloudPaste - Synchronize Your Clipboard Between All Your Apple Devices
CloudPaste is a new jailbreak tweak and service that allows users to sync their clipboard between Apple devices, including iOS devices and Mac ...

Synchronize media players for group viewing with Syncplay
Syncplay is a free tool which syncs media players over the web, allowing a scattered group of friends to watch videos together. To get started ...

Synchronize Google Calendar With Outlook
... and delete a remote iCalendar. This open-source has added support for Google Calendars, and except for some limitations, you can now synchronize ...

Professors' proposed calendar synchronizes dates with days
Two professors at Johns Hopkins University are proposing a new, universal calendar in which each day falls on the same date every year.

Sophos Synchronizes Security With Security Heartbeat
New firewall technology and endpoint software debut to provide better visibility and control for security risk.

Force Feeding At Gitmo Will ‘Synchronize’ With Ramadan
... have yet to be charged with a crime, will continue to be force fed during Ramadan. And here’s the humane part, the force feeding will be synchronized ...

Judge Koh denies Apple's request to synchronize dissolution of existing and grant of new injunction
... Samsung's request for an expedited schedule for its dissolution request. Apart from that, she doesn't believe that Apple is entitled to synchronized ...