Need some help with Fleet Management database in MS Access 2007

Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management Database for my friend's Fleet business?

I am using MS Access 2007. I have intermediate knowledge with MS Access.

How many tables? attributes etc....
entity relation diagram?
forms?
reports?
0
vmal124
7/2/2013 6:21:48 AM
comp.databases 3839 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 02.07.2013 08:21, vmal124@gmail.com wrote:
> Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management
> Database for my friend's Fleet business?

Talk to your friend, understand the business, gather requirements, start
designing at least the architecture, pick proper tools and start
implementing.  And don't forget QA along the way.

> I am using MS Access 2007. I have intermediate knowledge with MS
> Access.

When I hear "fleet" that sounds like "many vehicles".  That does not fit
very well to desktop database.  You probably at least want to use Access
as frontend only and store the data someplace else.

> How many tables? attributes etc.... entity relation diagram?

Yes, you should do that.

> forms?

Useful for data entry.

> reports?

Useful if your friend wants to know how his business runs.

Cheers

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
0
Robert
7/3/2013 7:01:15 PM
> Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management
> Database for my friend's Fleet business?
> I am using MS Access 2007. I have intermediate knowledge with MS
> Access.
> How many tables? attributes etc....
> entity relation diagram?
> forms?
> reports?

Start by using an actual RDBMS for storage of the data, such as e.g.
PostgreSQL. And a front-end that supports PostgreSQL natively (Access
doesn't, the ODBC "support" is garbage), such as e.g. LibreOffice Base.

Next, get a clue of the semantics of the application domain. An
internship with the end user could be helpful.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang
0
Wolfgang

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Need Help on MLM database in MS Access
I am working on a MS Access database to track the sales of a 3 Tier Multi- level Marketing system. I have created a table to track a new RepID and a SponsorID. I have created a query that will show the Sponsor and all of their reps but I am not sure how to show the reps that the second tier has sponsored. Example: RepID 0011 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0012 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0013 SponsorID 0010 The above is easy but I am not sure how to get: RepID 0014 SponsorID 0013 and his SponsorID 0010 Does anyone have any idea of a good way to do this? Thank you, Brent Brent, It concept, it is...

Possible to access MS Access 2007 password-protected database from Python?
Googling has shown me various ways of connecting to a non-password- protected Access database, but I was wondering if someone could point to code illustrating how to use an Access db that's password- protected. I haven't been able to find anything on this. Thanks, Ken ...

MS Access database Help!
I used MS Access as my backend database to store Japanese and Chinese data. while I use listbox to link MS Access, both Japanese and Chinese turned out to be CRAZY characters. does anyone know how to solve this problem? ...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Help setting up Ms-Access Database
I'm hoping that someone here can give me some assistance with a database I'm trying to set up. My skills in Access are fairly basic, and I'm trying to skill up, but some of the stuff is a little opaque. I'm trying to put some data I've got on paper into Access. Recently, I got together with some other people marketing organic produce and offered to do some marketing for us on a coop basis in the city. The idea I had was to have four marketing packages for coop members with different rates and services. For want of something better lets call them P1, P2, P3 & P4 I&#...

Web resources about - Need some help with Fleet Management database in MS Access 2007 - comp.databases

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Why Contract Management Is Sexy: A Conversation With Seal Software’s Ulf Zetterberg
Seal Software is a great example of a company with some sexy customers.

Password management app Enpass goes 5.0 with new design and features
If you care about your online privacy and security which you very well should youre probably already using a password management app. In all ...

New risk management software helps companies handle sensitive data
... Basore, senior vice president of product engineering, Guidance Software. "In conversations with our customers, the need to combine data management, ...

Waste Management Phoenix Open 2016: Saturday Leaderboard Scores and Highlights - Bleacher Report
Danny Lee's steady performance at the 2016 Waste Management Phoenix Open resulted in him taking the lead after the third round with a 54-hole ...

More Efficient Team Collaboration With Wrike Online Project Management Software
... makes it easy to Skype or FaceTime with your team and get a sense for how they’re doing, but wouldn’t it be great if there was a project management ...

Cisco to Buy Jasper for $1.4 Billion, Adding IoT Management
Cisco Systems Inc., the largest maker of networking equipment, said it will acquire closely held Jasper Technologies Inc. for $1.4 billion, bolstering ...