sql server - change user database access

I use ms sql server, when Ik edit the properties of a sql user I can
assign databases to the account with the list in the 3rd screenof the
properties.

When I add some checks in front of a couple of databases and I click
OK sql server asks me to confirm the password. I don't know what
password to use at that point, cause I used the password of the
account itself and of the admins and it still tells me that the
password is not correct.

Anyone?
0
independersday
7/23/2004 7:11:28 PM
comp.databases 3839 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

Any one can help me : how can convert Access database to SQL Server's database?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C39D9D.2C554D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi:=20 i want use vb 6 to design a interface connecting behind a batabase file, = i had a ready-made Access database file: **.mdb, now the problem is how = i can directly use parts of the database to convert to SQL server's = database ? and how i can conneting the interface to the SQL server = database? if it were difficult, how i could conneting the my vb = interface to Access database....

JDBC/ODBC user issues accessing SQL Server 2000 database
I have a SQL Server 2000 database which has been restored from a backup. The restored database contained a user called "X", which is the owner of all of the tables in the database. When I try to execute an SQL SELECT against any of the tables in the database (using the JDBC/ODBC bridge) I get an "invalid object name" error - it seems to be requiring me to prefix the table names with "X.", even though the ODBC data source has been set up with the user "X". If I use MS-Access to link to the database using the same ODBC data source I can see the ...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit ...

[...]

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit ...

Prevent database user to access another database
Hi, I have installed DB2 version 8.1 and created two databases, TEST1 and TEST2. Two operating system users test1 and test2 are mapped to two database users in TEST1 and TEST2 databases respectively. Even though test2 user does not exists in TEST1 database, I am able to connect to TEST1 database using test2 user. Also able to perform basic operations like CREATE /DROP table. After creating tables, it creates test2 SCHEMA and DB USER automatically in TEST1 database. How do I prevent this behavior? How do I prevent test2 user connecting to TEST1 database? Thanks Sameer ...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

Web resources about - sql server - change user database access - comp.databases

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...