what is the different between "oracle" and "mysql"?

what is the differnent between them?

thanks!
0
nick
11/19/2005 6:11:18 AM
comp.databases 3839 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"nick" <i141802596@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> what is the differnent between them?
>
> thanks!
Have you gone to the two web sites and read the literature?
Jim

0
Jim
11/19/2005 7:21:20 AM
> what is the differnent between them?

Well, one string is 6 bytes long; the other 5.

And diff finds the difference between the strings thus:

cbbrowne@mobile:~> echo "oracle" > oracle
cbbrowne@mobile:~> echo "mysql" > mysql
cbbrowne@mobile:~> diff oracle mysql
1c1
< oracle
---
> mysql

They only have a single letter in common, namely the "l"; it is
interesting that it is in the same position in both strings.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html
nick wrote:
> what is the differnent between them?

You're only going to get facetious replies to this question.
The question is too broad for a newsgroup.

Oracle and MySQL are two different companies, which each produce
database server software.  These two software products have a lot of
similar features, and they both implement the SQL language, plus many
proprietary enhancements.

Regards,
Bill K.
0
Bill
11/20/2005 7:21:02 PM
Christopher Browne wrote:
>>what is the differnent between them?

[snip]

> They only have a single letter in common, namely the "l"; it is
> interesting that it is in the same position in both strings.

Not true:
in mysql the "l" is the last letter
in oracle the "l" is the second to last letter

RW
0
Rob_W
11/20/2005 8:48:36 PM
Rob_W wrote:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>> They only have a single letter in common, namely the "l"; it is
>> interesting that it is in the same position in both strings.
>

> Not true:
> in mysql the "l" is the last letter
> in oracle the "l" is the second to last letter

and its the fifth letter in both.

> RW
0
Stefan
11/20/2005 10:45:53 PM
nick wrote:
> what is the differnent between them?
>
> thanks!

Why don't you use Google?

--
Dave K

Dave
11/21/2005 2:07:54 PM
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:11:18 +0800, nick <i141802596@yahoo.com> wrote:

>what is the differnent between them?
>
>thanks!

I don't know what a "differnent" is. However, there are many
differences in features between these two RDBMS. Whether or not these
are meaningful to you would depend on how you want (or need) to use
the database.

The suggestion that someone else offered, namely to go to the websites
and read about them, is probably the best.

--
Bob Hairgrove
NoSpamPlease@Home.com

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"my" and "our"

"out" and "in out"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"or" and "and"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

different between the "::" and "."

Web resources about - what is the different between "oracle" and "mysql"? - comp.databases