OTDR: Launch Cable; Receive Cable

I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in
reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide, http://lw.pennnet.com/whitepapers/wp.cfm?id=665,
discusses the use of a receive cable as well.

How important is a receive cable?
0
rjhintz (6)
4/10/2008 6:46:53 PM
comp.dcom.cabling 1069 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Apr 10, 2:46=A0pm, Rich <rjhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in
> reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide,http://lw.pennnet.com/whitep=
apers/wp.cfm?id=3D665,
> discusses the use of a receive cable as well.
>
> How important is a receive cable?

Almost as important in order to see the last connector
0
JGolan
4/11/2008 3:31:07 PM
On Apr 11, 8:31 am, JGolan <jpgolan-r...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2:46 pm, Rich <rjhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in
> > reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide,http://lw.pennnet.com/whitepapers/wp.cfm?id=665,
> > discusses the use of a receive cable as well.
>
> > How important is a receive cable?
>
> Almost as important in order to see the last connector

Thanks.  I'm putting it in the scope of work along with the length
(1km minimum)
0
Rich