cable Internet cable

I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet
cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet).

Anyone know if this will work?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030

0
bob
10/23/2006 10:24:30 AM
comp.dcom.modems.cable 1799 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

bob@coolgroups.com wrote:

> I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet
> cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet).
>
> Anyone know if this will work?
>
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030

That's an RF cable.

I think you're just looking for a 5-6' Cat5/Cat5e Ethernet patch/jumper
cable from your modem to your router (shouldn't matter if it's wireless).
Read your manual and make sure you don't need a crossover cable, but I
doubt it would need to be.

Stop by your local Radio Shack, Staples, Office Depot, Target,
BestBuy, etc. and grab one for a couple of bucks.
0
Bill